NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 28th August 2009, 13:33     #1
badassmofo

Anyone going to the shield game?

I'll be there, just a tad worried with Mccaw and Carter playing. But it'll be great to see some quality players on the field with a few ABs back.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:38     #2
buckies

Yeah I'm flagging going. Don't really want to go and watch us lose the shield. Given our track record the past fortnight (loss to BOP and grind out win against the worst Auckland side I've ever seen), the addition of Carter and McCaw, and the injuries on our side, I don't fancy our chances.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:28     #3
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

They'll step it up for this match, you must be fuckin nuts not to go if you live in Wellington, could be the game of the season! You're not much of a supporter. I've supported Bay of Plenty through every shitty season they've ever had.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:20     #4
Deadmeat

Nice forward pass. For all that i got sick of waiting for TMO decisions in the past some of the stuff the refs are missing is getting really annoying.

OTOH HB Tasman was a wicked game to watch.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:28     #5
StN
I have detailed files

Cunning

I mean - it's one thing to bend over, but those chaps in Yellow and Black are starting to push back...
Old 29th August 2009, 22:22     #6
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

p-b - "go duck yourself"
Old 29th August 2009, 22:38     #7
BWDOWN

Cannnnnnnterburrrrrrrryy

If I was a lions fan I'd be pretty happy getting two tries.. They got majorly F'd in the A though
Old 29th August 2009, 22:57     #8
p-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince

p-b - "go duck yourself"
Old 30th August 2009, 10:33     #9
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Yeah that was a serious deep dicking. Come on the Bay to topple Auckland to make it 5 in a row and win the Drake Boot!
Old 30th August 2009, 12:04     #10
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

that was embrassing, raped in every facet of the game. esm the scrum which got smashed the Canterbury front row was balls deep in elision and shwalger.

was like watching the bad old days of Wellington rugby, a star studded back line (on paper) but a dire tight five and a fail 10.
Old 30th August 2009, 12:44     #11
BWDOWN

The 10 cant do much when the pack is being reamed like it was..

Carter had front foot ball and masses of it at every oppurtunity
Old 30th August 2009, 18:23     #12
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

wasent blaming the 10, just saying we traditionally have not been strong in that position nor the tight 5.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:09     #13
tilde

hehe went to that game, we left with 10 mins to go but most people started leaving when canterbury was up 36-0 or something and carter & co got subbed for the bench lol.

we heard the stadium roar once outside, must be the 2 tries lions got at the end, not that it matters.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:37     #14
buckies

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckies
Yeah I'm flagging going. Don't really want to go and watch us lose the shield. Given our track record the past fortnight (loss to BOP and grind out win against the worst Auckland side I've ever seen), the addition of Carter and McCaw, and the injuries on our side, I don't fancy our chances.
Hahah. Sorry but I have to come on here and gloat and say 'I told you so'. Was offered a free ticket on Saturday but decided I wasn't feeling masochistic enough to watch Wellington receive a hiding at home.

The night got worse when my SA 8-14 bet got pipped in the final minute.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:00     #15
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Let's be fair about your 8-14 bet, with about 8 minutes to go Australia were 19 points behind so it looked like they were going to get too reamed for your bet to come through anyway. The try from Giteau you would have been like, STOP THE GAME STOP THE GAME, when you had a margin spread of exactly 14 points. It's just too bad they went on to score again :P :P I had South Africa 12- so I was SO STOKED those two late tries came through :P