xor

Scotland Vs New Zealand

I got the kiwi's to get over half a century 54 - 17

Old 17th September 2007, 16:20     #2
xor

oops, please move to Rugby discussion
Old 17th September 2007, 17:48     #3
Kryten

We'll do well if our midfield back line can manage to not, you know, play like fucking retards.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:40     #4
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Magic 8-ball says... OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD
Old 17th September 2007, 18:41     #5
Cheeps

Well, its two opinions and pretty obvious.
They'll either get completely owned, by 50+ points. Or give the all blacks a fairly decent go.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:53     #6
CCS
Stunt Pants

Is there any harm (apart from that to our pwnsome reputation) in fielding the weakest team we can put together as some macabre evil experiment?
Old 17th September 2007, 19:47     #7
caffiend

As much as I love Scotland (I consider myself 49% Scottish), I believe this will be a big margin, but not massive.

I'm going with 51-13.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:13     #8
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
(I consider myself 49% Scottish)
explains a lot
Old 17th September 2007, 20:20     #9
caffiend

Och! Get tae fuck, ya wee radge!!
Old 17th September 2007, 22:00     #10
slippers

I reckon they will field their near 1st string team - probably with Toeava at centre though and maybe Mauger at 12. Some might consider that to be the first string team.

We really need to have a good hit out against scotland and the 1st team (the Italy team) has performed well so far.

Lets not pretend that the Portugal team and the Italy teams were the same teams - they wernt.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:50     #11
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippers
Lets not pretend that the Portugal team and the Italy teams were the same teams - they wernt.
wow, insightful

Last edited by wugambino : 17th September 2007 at 22:51.
Old 17th September 2007, 23:23     #12
Phantom
May contain nuts

Quote:
As much as I love Scotland (I consider myself 49% Scottish), I believe this will be a big margin, but not massive.

I'm going with 51-13.
qft

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully a better performance than that seen against portugal. Say the first 60 minutes of the Italy game, combined with 20 minutes of other good All Blacks action (as opposed to what we saw -_-).

Honest to God, all I want to see is that we've got it together and are able to read the play well, not telegraph our fucking passes and the ability to recover / defend. That's it. Hopefully Scotland show up but whatever.

Am I alone in thinking this pool is the worst possible preparation for what's coming next?
Old 18th September 2007, 06:04     #13
Narnaman

I think its going to be a closer game than the other matches we have had this RWC, But should still be an easy game for the AB's. Im expecting a good game though something along the lines of 30 - 10. It better be good as I have free tickets to the game
Old 18th September 2007, 09:50     #14
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Expecting scotland not to fuck around and give the all blacks a good game.
Old 18th September 2007, 10:46     #15
slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wugambino
wow, insightful
I mean the all black teams.

Both games had entirely different selections.
Old 18th September 2007, 18:47     #16
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Honest to God, all I want to see is that we've got it together and are able to read the play well, not telegraph our fucking passes and the ability to recover / defend. That's it. Hopefully Scotland show up but whatever.
100% agree. I'd be far happier with a contained, disciplined 30pt win where we keep them to none/very few points than I would be with a 'flash-harry' 60pt winning margin where we let them in for 3 soft tries, 2 intercepts and make lots of errors. We should play Scotland as if they were SA, because they're the hardest test we'll have before the quarters.
Quote:
Am I alone in thinking this pool is the worst possible preparation for what's coming next?
Nope. I was very disappointed when I saw the pool draw. We need to have at least 2 teams like Argentina, Wales or Ireland in our pool. These easy, big-score wins could well be making us sloppy and complacent.
Old 19th September 2007, 10:21     #17
Shazam

I reckon we'll get over 50 and the scots will get somewhere around the 1 try 2 penalty mark. Either way as long as it's a good game I don't mind, since i'll be there :D
Old 23rd September 2007, 21:45     #18
BtP

Just a heads up that tonights (tomorrow mornings) game kicks off at 3am... So only a half hour build up and not the usual hour starting at 2:30am.
Old 23rd September 2007, 22:34     #19
fobski

I predict

a rape
Old 23rd September 2007, 23:18     #20
caffiend

Yeah - I must admit, given that now I know we're fielding an A- team and they're fielding a C+ one... I think the winning margin could be a bit bigger than I posted above.

Such a shame. I had hoped we'd get a decent warm-up for the QF.
Old 24th September 2007, 02:52     #21
blynk

I think we will get into the 70's
Maybe 72 - 18
Old 24th September 2007, 04:26     #22
badassmofo

Well, Leon looks like he's done his hip/groin again. 2 First Choice Fullbacks out now.
Old 24th September 2007, 04:49     #23
Kryten

And Sivi still can't fucking catch a cold, let alone a rugby ball.
Old 24th September 2007, 05:39     #24
Helious

Poor Carter.

Shocking day with the boot.
Old 24th September 2007, 05:46     #25
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
And Sivi still can't fucking catch a cold, let alone a rugby ball.
...or pass behind...how many fucking times did he pass it forward..FUCK
Old 24th September 2007, 05:54     #26
Chrono
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Very average, argh.
Old 24th September 2007, 07:44     #27
Jin

Leon McDonald looks sharp.

McAlister played well.

Douggie needed more ball.

Ali - outstanding again.

The Refs need to sort the scrums out.

On the whole it seemed like we were trying to play it tight at their pace rather than ours - every time we stepped it up we made mistakes - though we are the only country in the world that beats a 6 nations team by 40 points and calls it a bad day at the office.

Last edited by Jin : 24th September 2007 at 07:46.
Old 24th September 2007, 07:51     #28
DRa1N

pretty mediocre game played there. clothing was a bit to familiar. i bet that made it a bit tougher on everyone.
Old 24th September 2007, 07:57     #29
Kryten

Yeah, the kit selection was a bit of a mess, we probably could have stuck to our black and the game would have been fine.

I wouldn't want to be in the shed after the game, Mr Henry did not look amused.
Old 24th September 2007, 09:10     #30
caffiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin
- though we are the only country in the world that beats a 6 nations team by 40 points and calls it a bad day at the office.
Not only beats a 6 nations side by 40 but keeps them scoreless.

I don't think it was that bad to be honest. I get the feeling we're being far too hard on them at the moment.

After seeing the second string SA side against Tonga I'm not quite so worried about us not being 'perfect' anymore. Sure we need to play better than we have so far, but I believe we will up the ante when we play either Aussie or SA.
Old 24th September 2007, 09:34     #31
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

heheh - AJ and Foxy laminating the fact that a 40-nil scoreline was a poor effort, until it was pointed out that that kind of score was unheard of in their day
Old 24th September 2007, 09:36     #32
ZoSo

The problem with that many errors creeping in, is that it can usually mean a precursor to being put under pressure by better teams and then another fold.
Old 24th September 2007, 09:48     #33
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Not only beats a 6 nations side by 40 but keeps them scoreless.

I don't think it was that bad to be honest. I get the feeling we're being far too hard on them at the moment.

After seeing the second string SA side against Tonga I'm not quite so worried about us not being 'perfect' anymore. Sure we need to play better than we have so far, but I believe we will up the ante when we play either Aussie or SA.
One thing that has been shown thus far in the RWC is that the Six Nations sides play an inferior style of rugby at an inferior level. They're a different league. We'd have a more challenging game against SA and Aus Super 14 sides than Six nations sides. Keeping them scoreless shouldn't be seen as any significant achievement of mention, Scotland showed no real signs of attacking for the entire 80 minutes.

I see your point, but I sat there watching this game thinking "if we make half as many mistakes against SA or Aus we're going to get punished for it severely".
Old 24th September 2007, 10:08     #34
blynk

I think the problem with a lot of these games, is that there is not the same defense in the rucks, and there is a lot more movement around them.

I doubt there will be as many handling errors playing against Oz/SA.

I also like the fact that we wore the away strip, where they would have been more identifiable in the normal strip.
Old 24th September 2007, 10:43     #35
fixed_truth

40-nil is still a hiding
good shit
Old 24th September 2007, 11:02     #36
Helious

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. A lot of what was going wrong was stuff at the most basic of levels. We're an elite team and should make a very minimal amount of basic errors.

I felt very sorry for Carter, definitely a game best left forgotten. I'm not sure how many conversions/penalities he missed, but there must've been a good 10-15points right there.

We should've had a margin of around 70points on the Scot's.

Ah well, we're still dominating on points overall for the tournament. Fuck Australia.
Old 24th September 2007, 11:05     #37
JERI

Execution may not be as clinical as they wanted, but I think it's reassuring that they can do such a fine job denying the opposition access to the ball. I can barely remember the parts of the game when the Scots were holding the ball at all.
Old 24th September 2007, 14:34     #38
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
I felt very sorry for Carter, definitely a game best left forgotten. I'm not sure how many conversions/penalities he missed, but there must've been a good 10-15points right there.
Did he do as badly as Pretorius in SA vs Tonga? ~_~
Old 24th September 2007, 14:39     #39
slippers

Yeh pretty much.

I don't know why they insist using Carter for penalties and conversions when hes having an off day. McAlister is a way better kicker than Carter IMHO - for the ones out wide anyway. Evans ain't too shabby either.

Carter played pretty well aside from that though. His kicking in game was prefect and his placement for the kick-pass was spot on as well.
Old 24th September 2007, 15:00     #40
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Did he do as badly as Pretorius in SA vs Tonga? ~_~
haha, but who gives a fuck about SA :p

DON'T HURT ME BRO

Kaffa :p