Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old Yesterday, 17:03     #481
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Compare and contrast: during the 2009 Swine Flu, Minister of Health Tony Ryall (MP for Bay of Plenty) gave two press briefings a day from Wellington with situation updates.
I hear you, but looking around at the options going around, I'm grateful for the politicians we've got. How many press briefings a day from an Aussie politician will resolve these circumstances to the best of our ability, let alone someone working for Johnson or Trump? Working hard at bullshit is still bullshit. Here we have some semblance of an adult response.
Old Yesterday, 17:03     #482
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Compare and contrast: during the 2009 Swine Flu, Minister of Health Tony Ryall (MP for Bay of Plenty) gave two press briefings a day from Wellington with situation updates.
Although, we have Dr Bloomfield doing the updates (along with Sarah Stuart-Black for the Civil Defence), which I would much prefer over any cabinet member spouting on.
And then Ardern and Robertson doing some as well.
Old Yesterday, 17:11     #483
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah, maybe I'm being a bit harsh. The Australian experience right now is certainly that politician press conferences are not necessarily helpful. But still, fuck dude, you're the Minister of Health. Don't do selfish shit against advice out in the world a million miles from Wellington during a health disaster.
Old Yesterday, 17:28     #484
Cyberbob

Be thankful you don't have America's problems.

Todays briefing:

The President claiming scarves are better than masks because they’re thicker.

Letting people know he's trending on Facebook.

White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner advising that the federal stockpile isn't supposed to be used by the states.

They're so fucked.
Old Yesterday, 17:49     #485
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Wow.

Just fucking wow.

I shouldn't be surprised but wow.
Old Yesterday, 19:53     #486
ceer

Do not like working from home

Been just under 2 weeks (I think), time is irrelevant and I am struggling, on my own and partly my fault for not taking a break and going out for exercise etc.

Today for entertainment in the last hour I watched a doco on suicide (linked in the NZ Herald website - which BTW is a totally shit site), was very interesting and was pretty heart breaking for the family.

Looking forward to the next 3 weeks, yay? at least I still have a job so there is that.
Old Yesterday, 20:15     #487
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob

Todays briefing:

The President claiming scarves are better than masks because they’re thicker.

Letting people know he's trending on Facebook.

White House Senior Advisor Jared Kushner advising that the federal stockpile isn't supposed to be used by the states.

They're so fucked.
Don't forget his skepticism of Ventilators as a sound investment as they're going to be worth $5 a piece in a few months time...
Old Yesterday, 20:42     #488
Know me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
Been just under 2 weeks (I think), time is irrelevant and I am struggling, on my own and partly my fault for not taking a break and going out for exercise etc.

Today for entertainment in the last hour I watched a doco on suicide (linked in the NZ Herald website - which BTW is a totally shit site), was very interesting and was pretty heart breaking for the family.

Looking forward to the next 3 weeks, yay? at least I still have a job so there is that.
I have make a commitment to take a walk each day for the last week. I hate getting off my arse each time but its well worth it. HEAPS of people out walking any time of the day.
Old Today, 00:38     #489
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Trump Replaced White House Pandemic-Response Team With Jared Kushner