NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27th July 2022, 06:34     #1601
fixed_truth

Most NZ secondary schools have counselors, and they're bound by the health information privacy code.
Old 28th July 2022, 09:53     #1602
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Maya Forstater won her case, if anyone is interested:

https://mforstater.medium.com/press-...d-99365009baa1
Allison Bailey just won hers, if anyone is interested:

https://twitter.com/BluskyeAllison/s...50836448837633
Old 28th July 2022, 10:22     #1603
fixed_truth

Transphobes gonna transphobe
Old 28th July 2022, 10:28     #1604
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Transphobes gonna transphobe
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...allison-bailey
Old 28th July 2022, 13:40     #1605
fixed_truth

Um yeah, under that ruling they're allowed to spout transphobic views.

Quote:
People who calmly and politely express such views are not doing anything wrong or hateful.
Heh
Old 28th July 2022, 14:26     #1606
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Dunno man, objecting to an organisation running pick-up artist training sessions for males on how to bully lesbians into taking their dick seems like the sort of objection that a decent human being would make.
Old 28th July 2022, 14:36     #1607
Lightspeed

Bullying organisations that help people find new relationships, what decent person would do that?

Framing goes both ways.
Old 28th July 2022, 14:58     #1608
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Don't you think that coercing people into sex they don't wanna have is kinda... rapey?
Old 28th July 2022, 15:38     #1609
fixed_truth

Quote:
The LGB Alliance is a British advocacy group founded in 2019 in opposition to the policies of LGBT rights charity Stonewall on transgender issues.[1] Its founders were Bev Jackson, Kate Harris, Allison Bailey, Malcolm Clark and Ann Sinnott. It opposes gender-identity education in schools,[2] medical transition for children reporting gender dysphoria,[3] and gender recognition reform.[4]
Sounds transphobic to me.

But I get it. It's intrinsic with conservatism. It relies on people denying new ideas & knowledge and adhering to tradition & cultural norms. All the scaremongering, framing and straight up bullshit is for this reason.

It's a fact that people express themselves on a gender spectrum. We can observe human behaviour and how we express ourselves sociologically, where society pin points us based on masculinity & femininity.

This is different to sex yet people purposefully conflate the two. We all know that when a transgender women say's I'm a woman that she's saying that their gender is female not that their sex is female.

It's all a bit like if you had an adopted sister & everytime you introduced her as your sister someone pipes up with but she's not your biological sister!?!!
Old 28th July 2022, 16:11     #1610
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You: we're here for blood tests because ghastly disease occurs in the females in my mother's family

Nurse: but she's not your biological sister!?!!
Old 28th July 2022, 16:19     #1611
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Don't you think that coercing people into sex they don't wanna have is kinda... rapey?
Of course, which is why you frame it so. Is it the truth? Well, coercion in the absence of force is just asking.

If there's a scenario where one can guilt or manipulate someone into sex they don't want, it's the whole dynamic that's toxic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You: we're here for blood tests because ghastly disease occurs in the females in my mother's family

Nurse: but she's not your biological sister!?!!
Our lives are governed by hospital visits?

Last edited by Lightspeed : 28th July 2022 at 16:21.
Old 28th July 2022, 16:24     #1612
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
coercion in the absence of force is just asking.
tell me you work at MediaWorks without telling me you work at MediaWorks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:44     #1613
Lightspeed

That's force. If I hold power in your life and I'm suggesting I want sex, that's coercion.

A horny stranger telling stories about why they're owed sex... if you struggle to say no in that context, the whole situation is fucked up.

How is this stumping you Ab? You really, really want it to be bad that you can't tell what's in someone's pants just from a few simple cues?
Old 28th July 2022, 16:53     #1614
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I think if a lesbian says, after a sexual overture, "I'm attracted exclusively to female bodies" that's a perfectly valid response.

If an organisation runs training courses for males on how to negate that response and overcome that resistance, that's fucked up.

If a woman can suffer professional and personal reputational damage as the result of pointing out that it's fucked up, that's fucked up.

The British courts just agreed.
Old 28th July 2022, 16:59     #1615
Lightspeed

And because of that you've somehow become confused as to what coercion is?

People are allowed their fucked up groups where they tell each other about all the people they're going to fuck with their magic pick up lines.
Old 28th July 2022, 18:11     #1616
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

And people are free to describe those fucked up groups as fucked up.
Old 28th July 2022, 18:34     #1617
Lightspeed

Yeah, although I would pick my battles. I don't see there's much to gain mucking in with some incel sex fantasy group. Especially if I held any positions that counted on my reputation.
Old 28th July 2022, 23:52     #1618
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

UK’s Tavistock gender clinic being closed down because it, you know, bullied and brainwashed children, almost all of them girls, into “gender affirmation treatment”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...ears-wpdx3v6nw
Old 29th July 2022, 06:43     #1619
fixed_truth

Without the conservative framing https://cass.independent-review.uk/p...nterim-report/
Old 29th July 2022, 09:31     #1620
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The lawsuits from Tavistock victims will be visible from SPACE.
Old 29th July 2022, 09:35     #1621
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If you’re against incest, you’re literally worse than Hitler.

You see, incest can produce disabled and deformed offspring, so you being against kids getting fucked by their parents means you’re supporting the idea that there should be fewer disabled people in the world, which is “latent eugenics.”

https://link.springer.com/article/10...19-021-09856-3
Old 29th July 2022, 11:17     #1622
StN
I have detailed files

I don't know why, but a couple of the older chaps were leaning over a phone in th pub last night quite clearly playing the colosseum scene from Life of Brian - in particular, the bit around the PFJ debacle, and Stan's request to be called Loretta.

I couldn't work out who was more woke. The chaps in their 60's (70s?) were also happily sitting with a known cross dresser.
Old 29th July 2022, 19:25     #1623
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

https://www.autocar.co.nz/tenders-ar...-nz-transport/

Now Maori have a unique experience with transport, and their responses are required to cater for Maori on roads (or something).

Quote:
Questions include:

How Māori perceive the transport system in Aotearoa and why have these perceptions come about?
How are Māori impacted by the transport system day by day?
How are Māori responding to government priorities for transport, such as the road to zero strategy and mode shift?
What are the gaps in data and other evidence that can be used to characterise Māori experiences and impacts on them of the transport system?
What responses are required to close data and evidence gaps, and how would these responses be prioritised by Māori?
I'm sure LS has his reasons for suggesting Maori have different health outcomes, but can he also explain how Maori are being disadvantaged/discriminated against by our public road network? If anyone can justify nonsense that our Government is up to, you can count on him.
Old 30th July 2022, 04:23     #1624
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

RFU votes to change its participation policy; womens rugby at all levels is to be for females only.

https://twitter.com/RFU/status/1553032749354831880
Old 30th July 2022, 10:13     #1625
fixed_truth

Would be interesting to know if this was based on what was actually happening in woman's rugby games and that their previous case by case system wasn't working. Or just based on ideology.
Old 31st July 2022, 12:51     #1626
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Summary: they listened to everyone, and the science was clear.

https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/c...icy%20FAQs.pdf
Old 31st July 2022, 13:18     #1627
fixed_truth

The science was clear that their previous case by case system wasn't working?

There were 7 transgender woman permitted to play under the previous system. But better take precautionary measures!
Old 31st July 2022, 14:40     #1628
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The shortcomings of a case-by-case system are outlined in the policy explainer.
Old 1st August 2022, 15:10     #1629
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
RFU votes to change its participation policy; womens rugby at all levels is to be for females only.

https://twitter.com/RFU/status/1553032749354831880
Rugby League follows suit:

https://rugby-league.com/article/606...r-rugby-league
Old 6th August 2022, 17:43     #1630
Nothing

Intersex person talks about sex variations

https://www.ted.com/talks/emily_quin...l_sex_is_wrong
Old 7th August 2022, 00:01     #1631
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Struggling writer? The ADCI Literary Prize might be what you’re looking for. It’s open to all authors with a disability or chronic illness, or who identify as having a disability or chronic illness.

https://www2.societyofauthors.org/pr...iterary-prize/
Old 7th August 2022, 11:12     #1632
_indigo1

Hi Ab,
As someone who suffers from chronic illness, I can tell you that the level of dismissal, discrimination, and gaslighting in the medical industry is an epidemic and it severely hurts people who have a symptomology that goes beyond the acute and requires a medical professional to actually THINK.

So there are millions of people who struggle terribly every day, worse than those with DIAGNOSED chronic illnesses, because they cannot get an official diagnosis - and so not only are very ill, but also suffer gaslighting and a terrible betrayal of trust from those who should be helping them, and are excluded from official support or recognition.

I believe the self-identify clause is aimed at those people.

Note that something like long COVID would be in this camp if it wasn't backed up by the sheer numbers of people reporting it all at once.
There are lots of post-viral and other type chronic illnesses that have been swept under the rug by the medical profession, blamed on 'depression', 'diet', 'anxiety' for decades, purely because it's easer for professionals to sweep them under the rug, minimise the symptoms, refer to mental health when it is only a single case rather than a wave of cases.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 7th August 2022 at 11:16.
Old 7th August 2022, 11:20     #1633
_indigo1

Granted, it does create space for abuse by those who do not genuinely suffer from chronic illness or disability.
Old 7th August 2022, 13:27     #1634
Lightspeed

That's some good insight. Insight that I suspect was painful to come by, I doubt you came by it seeking dopamine hits bottom trawling twitter.
Old 7th August 2022, 13:33     #1635
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
Granted, it does create space for abuse by those who do not genuinely suffer from chronic illness or disability.
Fortunately this would never happen because no person would ever claim to be something that he or she is not in order to obtain personal advantage, which is why the concept of self-id is such an overwhelming success.
Old 7th August 2022, 15:20     #1636
_indigo1

Yeah that's why it's so hard - the cost of people who abuse these systems is not just waste of resources etc - it's that it literally hurts the people who need these systems the most and tars them with the same brush of disbelief and dismissal, and denial of support.
Old 7th August 2022, 15:35     #1637
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Exactly. The ADCI Literary Prize instead of being for writers with disabilities or illness is now open to any writer. All an author has to do to be eligible is say that he or she identifies, on the inside, as someone who has a disability, and boom, in, no questions asked. Rather than conditions, disability and chronic illness are now feelings that one can simply opt in to having and opt out of having as one desires.
Old 7th August 2022, 16:06     #1638
_indigo1

eh. changed my mind. said my bit.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 7th August 2022 at 16:10.
Old 7th August 2022, 22:14     #1639
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Transgender male allowed to compete in under-25 women’s division in the All-India Inter University Athletics Championship, easily wins 3-km walk, long jump, and hammer throw.

Oh yeah he’s 28 years old as well, but just fuck the women’s category in general I guess?

https://www.onmanorama.com/news/kera...athletics.html
Old 7th August 2022, 23:02     #1640
Lightspeed

o_O

You ever come across anything from the other perspective Ab? Or are you exclusively interested in this one side?