Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 15th December 2012, 19:07     #2401
oOo Dragon oOo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
Watched on recommendation: Verdict... Solid fucking movie!
Old 15th December 2012, 19:18     #2402
wazza
*flex*

Good man!

I've watched it twice!
Old 19th December 2012, 15:25     #2403
doppelgänger of someone

Lake Mungo

Mockumentary horror from Australia. Surprisingly good.
Old 19th December 2012, 17:32     #2404
Cyberbob

So.. Hobbit?

Or are the people that chose to see it, still watching it.
Old 19th December 2012, 18:35     #2405
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

WRT The Hobbit I've read a few opinions on it, mostly positive, but I think it's one of those movies that you just have to go see and make up your own mind.
Old 19th December 2012, 18:43     #2406
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Watched the HFR version, but I'm not really a visual nerd so I don't know how it really differs tbh (or if I'd really notice).. Wouldn't mind watching again in regular 3D to see just how different it looks. I had read bad reviews about the movie itself, but I enjoyed it and didn't feel at all like it was as long as it was.

Cons: I only really felt like it dragged a little at the beginning when they were still at Bilbo's house

Pros: The whole goblin bit
Old 19th December 2012, 23:18     #2407
Cyberbob

Filmmaker Vincent Laforet comments on 3D HFR vs 3D vs 2D

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2012/...inema-magical/
Old 20th December 2012, 02:31     #2408
Poppet

I watched the Hobbit part 1, 3D

Acting was great, a little weird at first with the main actor being from the Office US. Also learned that the dwarf with the bow is the great grandson of J R Tolkein.

Digital animation was spectacular (I watched the 3D) especially in the scene with the trolls really amazing details throughout.

The Hobbit was written as a children's book unlike the next 3 he wrote, and it really does show with a lack of a sense of danger even in apparent peril. So if you liked the looming dark from the other 3, you might be a little disappointed.

Overall it's a good watch and you won't be disappointed afterwards.
I've not seen the 2D but the 3D work was some of the best I've seen yet and worth the extra.
Old 22nd December 2012, 17:31     #2409
wazza
*flex*

Just watched Cloud Atlas

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371111/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFeRC1qJS_w

is pretty good. 8/10
Old 23rd December 2012, 19:15     #2410
wazza
*flex*

Just watched Flight

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907668/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFMZ5D8FNc

Is very good. John Goodman was hilarious.

Inverted plane, omfg!
Old 24th December 2012, 10:10     #2411
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some other forum
We were stoned and talking about movies when I came up with this bizarre theory that I thought Pulp Fiction was about music in America. I'm very aware that this is most likely not true, but we had a lot of fun talking about it.
The briefcase is Rock and Roll. Marcellus represents the origin of rock music in America (blues, motown, soul, etc) Jules is Chuck Berry and Vincent is Elvis. They go to get the briefcase back from the nerdy white guys trying to steal it. Maybe they represent greedy record producers that profited off of Black music and screwed over many Black musicians.
The reason the guy that unloads a gun at them is unable to hit them is because legends of music can never die and will be around forever. Jules realizes this and realizes that he is fighting a pointless fight. Pumpkin and Honey Bunny happen to be British and they also try to take the briefcase. They represent the British Invasion. The British Invasion was completely influenced by the blues and older pop music. Jules lets them leave with the money, but keeps his "Bad Mother Fucker" wallet. (They can steal and be influenced by the older music, but they can't take a legends style. They have to come up with their own style.) Jules even mentions that he is trying real hard to be the shepherd.
Butch is introduced as a boxer being told by Marcellus to throw a fight. Butch represents new and interesting rock music that continues to come out and Marcellus doesn't like this. Butch doesn't throw the fight and runs away. They both get captured by rednecks while a country song is playing. The rapists represent country music. Country music also stole a lot from the blues and other Black music. This is shown by them raping Marcellus. Butch has a chance to escape but decides to go back and save him out of respect. Marcellus agrees to let Butch live and they truce and go separate ways. Marcellus accepts that there will always be new music and there's nothing he can do to stop it. The watch represents that as time moves on, more new music will continue to be made and they will all be influenced by what came before them.
EDIT: I probably should have originally put this here instead of a comment. I originally posted this on r/truefilm under my old username. I made a comment below and replied to it with my old username in less than a minute.
Mind. Blown
Old 24th December 2012, 11:10     #2412
Cyberbob

Quote:
So worth seeing? Those "through the ages" kinda movies (i.e. Fountain), are normally a bit of a mind trip, but I love em
Old 24th December 2012, 15:08     #2413
Kryten

Bones Brigade - An Autobiography. Recommended it you skateboarded in the 80s and ever watched the Bones videos or had any degree of affinity for the main guys (Hawk, Mountain, McGill, Caballero, Mullen and Guerrero). That guys like Cab are now close to 50 is making me feel my age.
Old 24th December 2012, 22:22     #2414
oOo Dragon oOo

Quote:
Wazza - keep those movies coming - another good watch. Although you really need to pay attention to everything.
Old 24th December 2012, 23:01     #2415
[LvN]N3misiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
So worth seeing? Those "through the ages" kinda movies (i.e. Fountain), are normally a bit of a mind trip, but I love em
skip the movie. Read the book
Old 27th December 2012, 18:05     #2416
fobski

Quote:
WHERE DD YOU SEE IT I CAN NOT LEGITIMATLY WATCH THIS ANYWHERE AND THE ONLY UNLEGITE ONES I CAN FIND ARE SHITTY RIPZ
Old 27th December 2012, 18:06     #2417
wazza
*flex*

Cloud.Atlas.2012.RC.BDRip.STUDIO.AUDIO.XVID.AC3-5.1.HQ.Hive-CM8
Old 27th December 2012, 20:00     #2418
_Incubus_

Quote:
I saw it the other day, I'm still not sure if I really loved it or if it was complete indulgent baloney...I do rate it much more than The Fountain in the time spanning epic interwoven story genre..

Hanks was great, as was Jim Sturgess, loved him as the agent in the "Blade Runner" future..
Old 27th December 2012, 21:20     #2419
Fx.

Quote:
Cloud.Atlas.2012.RC.BDRip.STUDIO.AUDIO.XVID.AC3-5.1.HQ.Hive-CM8
Cloud Atlas 2012 BRRip Line Audio XViD-RemixHD
Old 27th December 2012, 21:27     #2420
wazza
*flex*

Yup, there's lots of good quality rips out.
At the time I watched it, I grabbed the best qual vs size vs comments. Unsure when that was released, it doesn't feature on the site I use. I grabbed my copy a week or so ago, didn't watch it right away.

Last edited by wazza : 27th December 2012 at 21:28.
Old 27th December 2012, 21:58     #2421
Fx.

movie was odd, good tho
Old 27th December 2012, 22:00     #2422
Trigger
Laserman

Enjoyed Cloud Atlas, thought it was quite well done and entertaining.

Also End of Watch was very good and badass.
Old 28th December 2012, 11:25     #2423
Savage

Another for End of Watch
Old 28th December 2012, 16:09     #2424
oOo Dragon oOo

Nothing to do at work. Watched Premium Rush - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1547234/

Pretty entertaining. Better than work anyway
Old 31st December 2012, 21:15     #2425
wazza
*flex*

http://www.imdb.com/oscars/year-in-review/

Multiple lists

Always good to read what some informed carnt's thinks about the year in review.. I found quite a few movies that appear to interest me that I had no idea about.
Old 1st January 2013, 17:32     #2426
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx.
Cloud Atlas 2012 BRRip Line Audio XViD-RemixHD
No issues with subtitles etc?
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:46     #2427
wazza
*flex*

Very surprised this has dropped so soon. I've seen it twice at the cinema. I won't grab this as I'm all about the Blu-rays, cuz.

The Hobbit 2012 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8

Dude went to a lot of work and the screenshots look pretty slick!

(lol at centering the text)
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:56     #2428
wazza
*flex*

This is 40 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758830/

Sequel to Knocked Up

Recommend if you're looking to have a lot of fucken LOLs
Really good comedy tbh.

Didn't realise that was Megan Fox for a minute, she appears to be a bit more mature.
Old 4th January 2013, 10:38     #2429
]- Volatile -[

Wife has been nagging to DL that for a while, but Knocked Up was rubbish imo :|

hoped this was better - there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 4th January 2013, 10:48     #2430
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Very surprised this has dropped soon.
Oscars voting deadline on Friday means there are lots of screeners about.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:16     #2431
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
Oscars voting deadline on Friday means there are lots of screeners about.
Yeah :P after posting that I realised a wee while later. Makes sense, every year around this time they start pouring out!
Old 5th January 2013, 21:24     #2432
[LvN]N3misiS

Thumbs down

Quote:
This is 40 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758830/

Sequel to Knocked Up

Recommend if you're looking to have a lot of fucken LOLs
Really good comedy tbh.

Didn't realise that was Megan Fox for a minute, she appears to be a bit more mature.
watched.
Old 6th January 2013, 08:01     #2433
Fx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
No issues with subtitles etc?
just overlays are in russian so locations etc, dont miss anything tho
Old 6th January 2013, 08:08     #2434
leadinjector

just finished the 4th twilight movie, watching the last one tomorrow. these are possibly some of the worst movies ive ever seen. warrick, you are a bad person for liking this fluff
Old 6th January 2013, 12:37     #2435
wazza
*flex*

am i more of a bad person for the fact i've seen each of them half a dozen times?(except the latest one)

Django Unchained is out, whoop
Old 6th January 2013, 12:45     #2436
aR Que

I'd use a different adjective, but you know, whatevs.
Old 6th January 2013, 13:09     #2437
fixed_truth

'This is 40' is a bit long and not as funny as knocked up but has heaps of funny scenes.
Old 6th January 2013, 15:53     #2438
Nich

saw gasper noe's enter the void last night. i recommend. he is a master of long takes. the best way i can describe it is afterlife fly-on-the-wall past present and future.
Old 6th January 2013, 18:22     #2439
xor

Saw the Hobbit today. Meh?
Old 7th January 2013, 00:43     #2440
Jamiepo

Saw Life of Pi last night, I read the book a few years ago and it was alright but the movie never really seemed to take off. Knowing how it ends probably didn't help, my wife enjoyed it as she hadn't read the book. She thought it was pretty hard going for the last half but the ending kind of made it worth while. The film stayed fairly true to the book and the 3d was pretty good although if you have read the book the I wouldn't be rushing out and seeing it.