Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 17th October 2008, 17:40     #4361
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS

I'm just trying to understand precisely what it is that makes him sexy. I mean, that's really a step above the usual, no? So far we have smart, suave, not pompous (apparently) but also no oil painting. So... like... doesn't that really just amount to Great Chap, Not Too Bad Looking? I need to know what it is that makes him go from Great Chap NTBL to Sexy. I want to steal and bottle it and keeps it for myself.
It's je ne sais quoi. Sorry, but it's hard to pin down.

He hasn't always played the sinister or bad guy, and he's sexy when interviewed by the press, so it's not the type-cast aspect. It's not the money, because Brad Pitt makes more and leaves me cold, as do many other male actors. It's not because he's unattainable (see Brad Pitt point). It's something that doesn't translate to still photography though, because he's only sexy when fully animated, so it's probably in his speech and physical mannerisms somewhere. That's as close as I can get.

Try behaving, moving, and sounding like him, and see where it gets you.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:44     #4362
Reformed_Quint

Being sexy sounds fucking difficult...

I'm just going to use my own tried and true method of getting laid, rape.

so much easier.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:45     #4363
Helious

bwartz, hahaha
Old 17th October 2008, 17:45     #4364
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Being sexy sounds fucking difficult...

I'm just going to use my own tried and true method of getting laid, rape.

so much easier.
Don't you find it hard to yell "no, stop!" convincingly time after time?
Old 17th October 2008, 17:46     #4365
sv
simulationszeitalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
In NZ it'll probably get you assfucked by a tranny in a public toilet.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:50     #4366
Ritalin

Quote:

It's something that doesn't translate to still photography though, because he's only sexy when fully animated, so it's probably in his speech and physical mannerisms somewhere. That's as close as I can get.
Agreed. As a generalisation, women aren't as visually influenced as men are. So while a hot piece of ass is still a hot piece of ass, true sexiness is usually down to the mannerisms, body language, and charisma.
A hot accent doesn't hurt, either.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:54     #4367
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin
Agreed. As a generalisation, women aren't as visually influenced as men are. So while a hot piece of ass is still a hot piece of ass, true sexiness is usually down to the mannerisms, body language, and charisma.
A hot accent doesn't hurt, either.
I used to flat with a girl that wasn't anything special, but whenever she walked into a bar or club guys would be ogle from everywhere. Maybe something primal?
Old 17th October 2008, 17:55     #4368
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I used to flat with a girl that wasn't anything special, but whenever she walked into a bar or club guys would be ogle from everywhere. Maybe something primal?
Or maybe you were just stuck in "The Friend Zone"

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th October 2008, 17:56     #4369
Torka

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Even as a joke this seems like a complete non sequitur, unless I read his post wrong.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:58     #4370
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
i lived with my gf at the time...She was the flatmate.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:59     #4371
crocos

^^^
Ah. Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
Even as a joke this seems like a complete non sequitur, unless I read his post wrong.
As in xor was/is in denial that he thought she was hot-but-couldn't-get-a-date as she thought of him as "just a friend". Yeah, I was trying to be a smart-arse.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 17th October 2008 at 18:01.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:01     #4372
Ritalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Confidence and a smile go a long way... ?
Old 17th October 2008, 18:05     #4373
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Maybe she smelled good. I think there was a thread about this pheronomenon a few years back...
Old 17th October 2008, 18:12     #4374
Torka

Quote:
pheronomenon
*nerdy snort*
Old 17th October 2008, 18:28     #4375
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
So I should talk in a funny voice when I say "Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy? Life? Don't talk to me about life!"
Old 17th October 2008, 18:31     #4376
arkanix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Big tits.
No-one looks at the face.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:32     #4377
Spink

What's the laws involving noise control in australia compared to new zealand? or do they vary state by state.

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/wps/wc...Noise+Disputes

Seems to be the jist of it, but not really hands on or in actuality? Like from what I know it's like a warning then confiscation of the noise making device here (nz)?

Last edited by Spink : 17th October 2008 at 18:36.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:36     #4378
Ritalin

I think noise control regulationsin NZ are Bylaws, set by the city or regional councils? NFI how that pertains to the situation in AU though.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:38     #4379
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv
I think of him as an oily sleaze but he's tongue in cheek too... hmm.
He can sleaze on me when he's dressed as Snape any day He could also sleaze on me when he's not in character *le sigh*

And chiQ's right, sexy isn't about hotness. My loins have gone mental for John Malkovich ever since I saw him in that Harrison Ford movie when I was a kid, and he's far from an oil painting.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:44     #4380
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I need to know what it is that makes him go from Great Chap NTBL to Sexy
He just oozes sex. Sexy is just something that you have, I reckon. Or maybe it's the pheromones. Either way, Rickman has "it".

And Ritalin, I hate you and your SPOILING. I've only just finished The Goblet of Fire, and apart from seeing Order of the Phoenix I have no idea what happens in books 6 and 7. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER.

Last edited by chiquelet : 17th October 2008 at 18:47.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:47     #4381
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cunning

Even if you're not too flash looking?
Old 17th October 2008, 19:00     #4382
Ritalin

chiquelet: Don't bitch at me, it was dirty ol' Spink!
Old 17th October 2008, 19:03     #4383
CCS
Stunt Pants

Snape kills Dumbledore??! WAT?!
Old 17th October 2008, 19:50     #4384
BloodDonor

anyone see the 'V8 fan' on 3 news complaining petrol prices hadnt come down enough, because 'barrel of oil prices have come down alot'...

Old 17th October 2008, 20:03     #4385
sv
simulationszeitalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
He can sleaze on me when he's dressed as Snape any day He could also sleaze on me when he's not in character *le sigh*

And chiQ's right, sexy isn't about hotness. My loins have gone mental for John Malkovich ever since I saw him in that Harrison Ford movie when I was a kid, and he's far from an oil painting.
My god woman... Malkovich is like the biggest homo in film. You may as well say you're horny for Liberace.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:23     #4386
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv
My god woman... Malkovich is like the biggest homo in film. You may as well say you're horny for Liberace.
Have you seen Dangerous Liaisons? Who cares if he's gay, straight, or bi, the man does a loin-quivering love scene.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:30     #4387
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

^^ Mills & Boon reader
Old 17th October 2008, 20:49     #4388
arkanix

Quote:

He hasn't always played the sinister or bad guy, and he's sexy when interviewed by the press, so it's not the type-cast aspect. It's not the money, because Brad Pitt makes more and leaves me cold, as do many other male actors. It's not because he's unattainable (see Brad Pitt point). It's something that doesn't translate to still photography though, because he's only sexy when fully animated, so it's probably in his speech and physical mannerisms somewhere. That's as close as I can get.

It's because he has an arrogance backed by raw intelligence and wit.
You can win or inherit money, you can go to a gym or get a facelift to be beautiful, but genuine intelligence and genuine wit is something money can't buy.
Smart is sexy.
Super smart is super sexy.
It can't be faked or bought.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:52     #4389
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
^^ Mills & Boon reader
Never read one in my life. But I love the term "loin quivering" like chiQ loves the term "nadgers"
Old 17th October 2008, 21:18     #4390
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Another BLUDDY bus fire this morning, causing one lane of the motorway to be closed. I didn't notice which company it belonged to as I drove past because I was too busy looking at the charred part, but Stagecoach previously has had 5 buses goes up in flames. The last one was in 2006, but fuck if I'm going to take public transport when they're going round exploding. If I have no choice but to ride the loser cruiser, there's no damn way I'm going to sit in the back seat with the cool kids. ENJOY YOUR DEATH TRAP, LADIES!

Richies it was. Was fucking late because of it... and in some form of irony, on my way back from work my car overheated and stopped on the motorway.
Old 17th October 2008, 21:19     #4391
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Don't you find it hard to yell "no, stop!" convincingly time after time?
QOTD

I just watched Johnny English. John Malkovich was atrocious in it, Natalie Imbruglia equally so, but she is oh so pretty. Not sex kitten hot, but pretty, for a midget. Australia do produce a lot of pretty midget (Kylie as well).
Old 17th October 2008, 21:41     #4392
Ritalin

And don't forget Isla Fisher.

and John Malkovich?!?! Dear god, the man's got a face like a bag of hammers.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:07     #4393
madmaxii

No - but ups for SV
Old 17th October 2008, 22:51     #4394
Draco T Bastard

Quote:
Confidence.

When you're confident and relaxed within yourself it comes across in your body language in every move you make.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:55     #4395
Sp0nge

proof that nzgames is good for your brain:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7667610.stm
Old 18th October 2008, 00:07     #4396
sv
simulationszeitalter

Quote:
Have you seen Dangerous Liaisons? Who cares if he's gay, straight, or bi, the man does a loin-quivering love scene.
"loin-quivering"... omg... that guy would eat would eat pussy the same way he'd eat a banana split - like he wouldn't want to taste too much in case he offended it.
Old 18th October 2008, 00:22     #4397
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkanix
It's because he has an arrogance backed by raw intelligence and wit.
You can win or inherit money, you can go to a gym or get a facelift to be beautiful, but genuine intelligence and genuine wit is something money can't buy.
Smart is sexy.
Super smart is super sexy.
It can't be faked or bought.
Is he intelligent though? I've never seen a good enough interview to form an impression. He plays some very intelligent characters, but that's as much as I've found out in that direction

He doesn't come across as arrogant either, though again his characters often do.

Quote:
And chiQ's right, sexy isn't about hotness.
Oh, I think it's definitely all about hotness. I just don't think it's anything to do with prettiness, handsomeness, or any other pin-up trait.

Last edited by chiQ : 18th October 2008 at 00:26.
Old 18th October 2008, 00:24     #4398
Synergist@
Steppin' Razor

Is this automatic or manual? I can only see two pedals and no stick:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330278933245
Old 18th October 2008, 00:36     #4399
sv
simulationszeitalter

Quote:
Oh, I think it's definitely all about hotness. I just don't think it's anything to do with prettiness, handsomeness, or any other pin-up trait.
All I read here is, bitches would fuck a weetbix if it was dressed up the right way.

Last edited by sv : 18th October 2008 at 00:38.
Old 18th October 2008, 00:47     #4400
Ritalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv
All I read here is, bitches would fuck a weetbix if it was dressed up the right way.
If it was dressed right *and* had the right attitude!

Do you know any charismatic Weetbix?