Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 14th August 2012, 16:26     #35441
fixed_truth

a.n.a.l but wtf?
Quote:
A teenage father has been sentenced to a year's home detention for repeated assaults on his infant daughter that resulted in her legs being broken in five places.
Teen father who broke baby's legs avoids jail
Old 14th August 2012, 16:27     #35442
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
A solid 20 minutes! I've been around here long enough to know better than that.
Aight, get a smartphone app that you can sing to and it finds the song. Soundhound for example. If that doesn't work, you're fucked.
Old 14th August 2012, 17:04     #35443
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Wacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Quote:
The Crown sought a starting point of four years' jail. Hall's lawyer, Scott Jefferson, sought a starting point of 2 years.

Justice Mary Peters started at three years and three months. She reduced that for Hall's youth and his early acknowledgement of guilt, and arrived at 12 months' home detention.
Wait. Prosecution wants 4 years jail. Defence wants two. Judge says "Out you go." What the fucking fuck?
Old 14th August 2012, 17:06     #35444
StN
I have detailed files

Yet another job my guidance counsellor neglected to advise me of:

Artificial poo extruder.
Old 14th August 2012, 17:07     #35445
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Wait. Prosecution wants 4 years jail. Defence wants two. Judge says "Out you go." What the fucking fuck?
Costs money to house a prisoner, better off freeing them if they can get a job and pay tax instead.
Old 14th August 2012, 17:50     #35446
aR Que

mouse has been playing up all day, confusing and irritating me in equal amounts, figured out the cause.... some psycho had put a mouse pad under it.
Old 14th August 2012, 18:34     #35447
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Yet another job my guidance counsellor neglected to advise me of:

Artificial poo extruder.
I feel like having some miso soup now..
Old 15th August 2012, 09:13     #35448
CCS
Stunt Pants

Don't know boutchu, but the way they word that makes it sound like everyone who signs up automatically wins an ipad just for signing up.

Incompetent fucking morons.
Old 15th August 2012, 09:38     #35449
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Well kudos to Sky for replying to me in just over 12 hours:

"The soundtrack used in that advert is a piece of production music which has been composed especially for use in on air promotions. The production music are sourced from a hard drive production music library, licensed for use on SKY by APRA, and is not a track you will hear on radio. There is no song/music and artist title but just a catalogue number instead. You will not be able to access this as it is only available to commercial companies and not to the general public.

As we are only licensed to broadcast we will be unable to provide you with a copy direct. We thank you again for taking the time to email us."

Old 15th August 2012, 09:51     #35450
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Hah, they remember you and are refusing to help you pirate stuff!
Old 15th August 2012, 10:11     #35451
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Gave in and fixed the mortgage at 5.79% for 4 years. Guess I'm officially an optimist.
Old 15th August 2012, 10:23     #35452
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff
Police have confirmed the death of a man found in South Auckland on Monday was accidental, and it is understood it was the result of home experiment which went wrong.

It's understood the man was an amateur inventor and was found wearing a home-made helmet, which he was attempting to use to control devices in his home.
Hmm - I wonder if we'll find out that "devices in his home" is a euphamism for teledildonics and he ended up dying from auto erotic asphyxiation?

I suppose a give away would be if they heard INXS on repeat at the time - or maybe some old Kung-Fu telly...
Old 15th August 2012, 12:12     #35453
fixed_truth

TAB honours bets on gold win for Adams
Quote:
Hundreds of punters are in line for a surprise payout after the TAB said it would honour all bets placed on Valerie Adams to win gold - including tickets that were thrown out.
I wonder how that works ie identifying false claims?
Old 15th August 2012, 12:20     #35454
CCS
Stunt Pants

Seriously?
Old 15th August 2012, 12:31     #35455
aR Que

Need more mouse sensitivity! what's a one to use to get it moving further, faster, stronger? (win7)
Old 15th August 2012, 12:43     #35456
CCS
Stunt Pants

Silicon tape on the mouse feet, slick mousing surface.
Old 15th August 2012, 12:45     #35457
aR Que

like!
cheaper than a graphite pad, for sure.

(that's how the cool kids do it, right?)
Old 15th August 2012, 12:52     #35458
CCS
Stunt Pants

My bad, not silicon tape - teflon tape.
Old 15th August 2012, 14:33     #35459
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
TAB honours bets on gold win for Adams

I wonder how that works ie identifying false claims?
There is a huge amount of logging involved for every bet placed. Which outlet, what time, which machine, what other bets placed at the same time. Trawling through the logs is not fun.
Old 15th August 2012, 15:06     #35460
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
My bad, not silicon tape - teflon tape.
good idea, ive got packets of replacement mouse feet off the shelf that are popular for this exact reason, apparently they wear out, ive never had it myself
Old 15th August 2012, 15:28     #35461
CCS
Stunt Pants

Are the feet specific to the mouse? How much do they cost compared to the ebay ones I linked to? I reckon the tape I use wears out seeing as it's thin; I've only had to replaced one though since I've applied the stuff and you get a decent length of tape.
Old 15th August 2012, 15:29     #35462
p01s0n

heh, mouse feet.
how quaint.
Old 15th August 2012, 15:30     #35463
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hey dick, fuck up dick.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:25     #35464
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus
There is a huge amount of logging involved for every bet placed. Which outlet, what time, which machine, what other bets placed at the same time. Trawling through the logs is not fun.
Oh ok. Also I suppose out of the 'hundreds' being paid out hardly any would have thrown their ticket out and not remembered exactly where/when they placed their bet etc.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:28     #35465
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Are the feet specific to the mouse? How much do they cost compared to the ebay ones I linked to? I reckon the tape I use wears out seeing as it's thin; I've only had to replaced one though since I've applied the stuff and you get a decent length of tape.
in each little packet theres 18 little circles, not mouse specific no

Fake edit : and 10 bucks
Old 15th August 2012, 23:47     #35466
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Hell pizza getting a bit of backlash on their FB page atm for posting this:

They've since deleted the post and done the whole apology thing, but some of the outraged peeps took screenshots for anyone who missed the original post..
Old 16th August 2012, 12:47     #35467
xor

Just browsing the Jervois rd Steakhouse and WTFLOL, no way José would I pay $100 for a main and entrée.

Oh and $9.50 for a glass of Kirin.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:39     #35468
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hell Pizza offending people and getting free publicity? That's never happened before.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:43     #35469
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Hell Pizza offending people and getting free publicity? That's never happened before.
lol, no, never!

It seems they have ended up paying a little for the publicity now though..

Quote:
Last night our Social Media Manager posted a Facebook Confessional post that was not approved by Callum or Stu the owners of the NZ brand. He normally does a great job, but in this case he got it wrong. We unreservedly apologise for this comment and have taken steps to stop it from reoccurring. Sexual assault is no joke and we would like to use the massive level of discussion on this to highlight the need of Wellington Rape Crisis (WRC). Wellington Rape Crisis provides free support and counselling to survivors of rape and sexual abuse but has this week been forced to cut its services due to funding issues. Many of you feel strongly about this so here a chance to put words into action as we are. We are making a 10k donation to WRC today and until the end of the month we will match any donation to Wellington Rape Crisis dollar for dollar to help them get to their target of 55k - so they can stay open 5 days a week!

We encourage you all to join with us in raising money and awareness for Wellington Rape Crisis. Their team will track all the donations from today until the end of the month - you can do it here http://www.fundy.co.nz/index.php?mai...roducts_id=193

As part of our commitment to ensuring this doesn’t happen again we will also be putting our team and staff through a sexual violence awareness and ethical bystander training run by the Wellington Sexual Abuse Network, of which Wellington Rape Crisis is the lead agency.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:49     #35470
aR Que

Quote:
we will also be putting our team and staff through a sexual violence awareness and ethical bystander training run by the Wellington Sexual Abuse Network, of which Wellington Rape Crisis is the lead agency.
bwhaha, sux to work at hells pizza.
Old 18th August 2012, 04:13     #35471
Nothing

Here's a random thought: Has there ever been an organised lobby/union type thing for consumers of games? You know, like a big nationwide movement that has the clout to push back against game companies that jack up regional prices and deny content to particular locations or refuse to run same day global releases? If not, why not? I think that sometimes it could really be quite useful. Meh, probably a pipe dream.
Old 18th August 2012, 08:45     #35472
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
hells pizza
REALLY!?
Old 19th August 2012, 01:11     #35473
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
hells pizza.
*stabstabstab*
Old 19th August 2012, 17:49     #35474
wazza
*flex*

Just had my first bidding war on Trade Me, what an experience.

I'm unable to comprehend why a person would bid wildly 30mins before it's due to close?(There wasn't a reserve to meet). Having never done this before I just sat there until literally the last minute and then battled some dude who gave up after he realised I wasn't fucking off(total additional cost of $6 to my first bid)

What a feeling. Fuck the Olympics Trade Me bidding wars! fierce.
Old 19th August 2012, 17:59     #35475
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'm often amazed at people who keep upping each other's bids days before the auction is due to end. It's pointless! Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb.
Old 19th August 2012, 18:04     #35476
wazza
*flex*

Exactly!

and check FB
Old 20th August 2012, 07:33     #35477
Jodi

Ha, I do both things.

Last minute bidding (sniping) just incase the last bidder has forgot about the auction or is asleep or distracted. Chance for a good deal.

And bidding up an auction waaay before it's due to make it a price range your closer to where you would go to discourage all those snipers who would think its a good deal and would snipe it.

Meh, trademe.
Old 20th August 2012, 08:16     #35478
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

You get to see obscure parts of the world, live with your mates, get trained to kill other people, get given sanction to do so, and are given plenty of opportunity to pull the trigger. This is a dream job for the few people who sign up.

Of course to make the game fair there are people on the other side trying to do the killing in reverse and naturally they sometimes succeed even if they have to fight from a position of imbalance.
Old 20th August 2012, 10:22     #35479
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
You get to see obscure parts of the world, live with your mates, get trained to kill other people, get given sanction to do so, and are given plenty of opportunity to pull the trigger. This is a dream job for the few people who sign up.

Of course to make the game fair there are people on the other side trying to do the killing in reverse and naturally they sometimes succeed even if they have to fight from a position of imbalance.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 20th August 2012, 10:34     #35480
aR Que

Are you disagreeing with having a trained armed force? It'd be nice not to need one, but gosh darn, i don't think the west would have lasted as long as it has, without a fist.

There is one sure fire way to gain power in this world and not many options for retaining it.