NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 30th July 2009, 12:26     #441
Thomas Meatball

Has child support from the father(s) of these children been factored in or does that make up part of the DPB allowance?
Old 30th July 2009, 12:26     #442
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Ok food for a family of 4 per week $200.
Car insurance $40 p/m = $9.24 p/w
Petrol $20 p/w
Wof/rego $6 p/w
Contents insurance $5 p/w
$200 on cd's
Old 30th July 2009, 12:29     #443
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Ok that woman in point is a bad example. But for every bad example there are dozens of similar women who are in genuine need and who aren't out there getting tacky hair extensions and spending their money on stupid shit. I know xor's rage was directed at said dumb bitch, but it has to be said that not all dpb mums are like that, and it's gotta be freaking hard to raise 3 kids on $700p/w.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:32     #444

It's also compulsory to make their ex-partner liable to pay child support while receiving a DPB etc. Depending on their ex-partners earning capacity, these beneficiary's could be receiving additional income (above their WINZ benefit) which is non taxable income (except for WFTT). Ching ching $$$
Old 30th July 2009, 12:43     #445
xor

Quote:
Ok food for a family of 4 per week $200.
Car insurance $40 p/m = $9.24 p/w
Petrol $20 p/w
Wof/rego $6 p/w
Contents insurance $5 p/w

So you said she had $1,334.00 p/m left over. x 12/52 = $261.69 p/w left over. Wow, she now has $21 left over per week! And I haven't even counted in school stuff for the kids. And what if the kids get sick? Or what if? What if?
Insurance? car? petrol?
Thems the breaks if you're unemployed and have to look after children. There's public transport out there. A car is a luxury that a lot of people can't afford. Those numbers come to $1728 to run a car for 1yr. Why should the tax payer pay for that when the beneficiary can catch a bus? Bus companies are subsidised by the government so it would make sense that they endorse the use of them right?
Shit my grandparents didn't even buy a car until my mother was 17. You ramble off these numbers like it's everyones right to 'have' a car.
Where would a single mum with 3 kids be going anyway? As you said it's a fucken hard job looking after them, so she could walk them to school and back.
i absolutely agree with you if the kids get sick. But is the state meant to give money to people 'just in case shit happens'?
As for kids getting sick. I think it's about $15 with your registered doctor and if you have a community services card.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:47     #446
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Dude you are meeeeean. Now I'm very conservative in some respects, and very liberal in others. Dumb bitches who get knocked up when they're not in a relationship (or aren't in a serious one) should get next to nothing. Marriage ftw. But a lot of women will get married, have planned kids with their husbands, and then the husband has a mid-life crisis and walks out. It happens. The mum is left high and dry with 3 kids to care for and no income. In cases like that they need that money. For a lot of people it's not a lifestyle choice, it's a necessity. And don't tell me that somebody with 3 young kids can just go out and work. They can't. Thank Christ you're not writing policy.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:54     #447
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Where would a single mum with 3 kids be going anyway? As you said it's a fucken hard job looking after them, so she could walk them to school and back
I thought this part was the funniest
Old 30th July 2009, 13:00     #448
xor

I know it happens. I've seen it happen. I've also seen the support a single mother gets from her whanau/friends. I see the unemployed linger around Mangere town centre buying booze and cigarettes. Go to Otara and see all the houses that have sky satellite and 4x4 cars outside. Go to Otara town centre and see the unemployed gamble their dole money away on the nasty little pokie machines there while their kids roam around outside in bare feet.
I object to your comments about a single unemployed mother being entitled to a car. Sure if this was Denmark or Norway it wouldn't be much of a problem seeing as they're highly developed nations. But this country is in a recession as cyc says. We even have to send cancer patients to Australia because NZ doesn't have the money to set up proper facilities. Aren't you embarrassed by that?
Old 30th July 2009, 13:11     #449
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

I absolutely stand by the car comment. How on earth somebody with one, let alone three kids can survive without a car is beyond me. If you're living in town (walking distance to supermarket, schools, doctor etc) then fine, bye bye car, but if you're in a 'burbs then I'm sorry but the car is a must.

And I hear you about the satellite dishes etc. I live in Porirua. Hell, I'm looking out my window at Waitangirua and Cannons Creek, two of the poorest suburbs in the country. I've always marveled to Acid at the cars people in state houses seem to be able to afford. But rich or poor there will always be waste. Damn, a friend of my mum's husband was earning 15k per month AFTER rent (work provided them with a house which they paid a small rent for), yet they had so much debt that they were living week to week, power bills were being unpaid, credit cards were maxed out to survive etc. Extreme example I know, but hey.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:18     #450
xor

Quote:
I absolutely stand by the car comment. How on earth somebody with one, let alone three kids can survive without a car is beyond me
I wonder how people got on before cars were invented?
You mean they had to carry their groceries from the supermarket to the bus stop? oh noes!

Quote:
If you're living in town (walking distance to supermarket, schools, doctor etc) then fine, bye bye car, but if you're in a 'burbs then I'm sorry but the car is a must.
really? Don't buses go to the burbs where you are?
Shit and I thought Mangere was dodgy. Why can't a solo mum catch a bus? Who is meant to catch a bus if the unemployed refuse to? What's the point in the government subsidising the bus services if even the unemployed won't use them?
Old 30th July 2009, 13:21     #451
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Old 30th July 2009, 13:23     #452
xor

I was thinking walking...
Horses were rich fullas BMW's yo
Old 30th July 2009, 13:31     #453
BoyWonder

They could always saddle up their rottweilers. Yeehaw :P
Old 30th July 2009, 13:33     #454
xor

They eat them for the extra protein because they don't get enough money from the government brah :/
Old 30th July 2009, 13:52     #455
Macca@Work

Quote:
Ok that woman in point is a bad example. But for every bad example there are dozens of similar women who are in genuine need and who aren't out there getting tacky hair extensions and spending their money on stupid shit. I know xor's rage was directed at said dumb bitch, but it has to be said that not all dpb mums are like that, and it's gotta be freaking hard to raise 3 kids on $700p/w.
Yes there are geniune needs,but that is now a minority.Freeking hard on $700 per week? Bullshit Hou..uh State housing?Like that is suddenly charging market rates for rent?
'Fuh bo..soon as I get my dpb im off to da liquorland then the tinny shop"
Old 30th July 2009, 13:54     #456
xor

got_10 bro?
Old 30th July 2009, 13:58     #457
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
The single mother who is taking Paula Bennett to the Privacy Commission for releasing her income details has had her income disclosed publicly before - by Labour in 2007
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...587498&ref=rss

Oh dear.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:02     #458
Mokoro

Tui billboard should read:
"My welfare money goes straight to the kids - Yeah right"
Old 30th July 2009, 14:06     #459
xor

Wow I can't believe how badly this has blown up in Labours face. Yet Annette King is still trying to retort against it all. FUCKING OWNED.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:21     #460
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Thumbs up

This is delivering more than the pic of the day thread.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:34     #461
BadNova

Where's Draco gone?

Old 30th July 2009, 15:44     #462
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
You mean they had to carry their groceries from the supermarket to the bus stop? oh noes!
Typically there wasn't far to walk. Houses were built up around town centres. It's only since the car has become so commonplace that we have started to suffer from suburban sprawl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
really? Don't buses go to the burbs where you are?
Shit and I thought Mangere was dodgy. Why can't a solo mum catch a bus? Who is meant to catch a bus if the unemployed refuse to? What's the point in the government subsidising the bus services if even the unemployed won't use them
Yes really... I live in stillwater, where there are two buses in the morning and two buses in the afternoon. They're called school buses, and adults aren't allowed to travel on them.

Not taking sides, just pointing out two little problems with your argument.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:51     #463
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNova
Where's Draco gone?

The Communist lifestyle block he is living on is still debating the value to the collective whole of having internet which is owned by imperialistic companies.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:54     #464
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNova
Where's Draco gone?

spoken like a true NACT apologist!
Old 30th July 2009, 16:09     #465
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigga*happY
Typically there wasn't far to walk. Houses were built up around town centres. It's only since the car has become so commonplace that we have started to suffer from suburban sprawl.

Yes really... I live in stillwater, where there are two buses in the morning and two buses in the afternoon. They're called school buses, and adults aren't allowed to travel on them.

Not taking sides, just pointing out two little problems with your argument.
Then you should be live in an area where you can catch a bus. Just pointing to a solution that is cost effective and works!
Old 30th July 2009, 16:15     #466
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Then you should be live in an area where you can catch a bus. Just pointing to a solution that is cost effective and works!
But if a husband up and walked out on his wife, the wife may not be financially capable of picking up and moving to an area that is bus friendly.

Besides, using your math - at approx $1800 per year for the running costs of a car, or $34 per week, you would probably pay more than that in rent if you were to move closer to a town centre.
Old 30th July 2009, 17:48     #467
Solvent

Quote:
I've always marveled to Acid at the cars people in state houses seem to be able to afford.
Not that I disagree with your main points but gauging the amount of upmarket cars outside 'state' houses isn't always accurate. After many were sold in the 1990s a lot of those state houses aren't really state houses, they're either privately owned or tenanted.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:31     #468
xor

Quote:
But if a husband up and walked out on his wife, the wife may not be financially capable of picking up and moving to an area that is bus friendly.
The government helps people move from different state houses.
Quote:
Besides, using your math - at approx $1800 per year for the running costs of a car, or $34 per week, you would probably pay more than that in rent if you were to move closer to a town centre.
Who said anything about moving into town? Mangere town centre is cheap as nigga! and there's buses going past there every 10min.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:46     #469
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Dumb bitches who get knocked up when they're not in a relationship (or aren't in a serious one) should get next to nothing. Marriage ftw. But a lot of women will get married, have planned kids with their husbands, and then the husband has a mid-life crisis and walks out. It happens. The mum is left high and dry with 3 kids to care for and no income. In cases like that they need that money. For a lot of people it's not a lifestyle choice, it's a necessity. And don't tell me that somebody with 3 young kids can just go out and work. They can't. Thank Christ you're not writing policy.
Yeah cos it's all about the woman. "Hi I am married so I will go and be all righteous about it!". Let's just neglect the kid of this dumb woman and let the kid turn into a criminal. Because that's so smart.

I wonder what you'll be saying when said future criminal bludgeons your kid to death. Clamour for "life means life"?*

* For the over sensitive, this is just a rhetorical question. I am not wishing this on her daughter.
Old 30th July 2009, 18:57     #470
xor

She was using women as an example.

You really don't like people generalising do you?
Old 30th July 2009, 18:58     #471
Thomas Meatball

o_O

Wat just happened here?
Old 30th July 2009, 18:59     #472
ZoSo

I see Ab found Draco

A nice jab from English today re "public service surprise".
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0907/S00346.htm

Last edited by ZoSo : 30th July 2009 at 19:01.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:10     #473
doppelgänger of someone

Wait, the economy is in the shitter and all people care about is some alleged dole bludger?
Old 30th July 2009, 19:12     #474
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Yeah cos it's all about the woman. "Hi I am married so I will go and be all righteous about it!"
I'm surprised nobody bit sooner. Poor form nzgames, poor form.

To clarify - I'm all for the welfare state. I'm also for individual responsibility. Getting knocked up without being in a stable relationship (married or defacto) and not being in the position to afford a child (perhaps both are unemployed) is not responsible. There just ought to be disincentives for people to have kids when they're not in a position to raise them.

Bring back the good old days when women without means were forced to give up their kids for adoption by their families.

Last edited by chiquelet : 30th July 2009 at 19:17.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:21     #475
Dusty

Quote:
Bring back the good old days when women without means were forced to give up their kids for adoption by their families.

Yeeehhh........no.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:25     #476
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

How about making sex ed compulsory at all schools from years 9-13? But teaching kids how to effectively prevent pregnancy is far too liberal for most.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:02     #477
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
Wait, the economy is in the shitter and all people care about is some alleged dole bludger?
Haven't you heard? The economy is in the shitter because of the dole men.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:29     #478
_Incubus_

Quote:
How about making sex ed compulsory at all schools from years 9-13? But teaching kids how to effectively prevent pregnancy is far too liberal for most.
In my police state the solution would be putting a contraceptive in the water and you only get the antidote once you have passed some form of child care license and have passed a means test.

Last edited by _Incubus_ : 30th July 2009 at 20:30.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:31     #479
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
My solution would be putting a contraceptive in the water and you only get the antidote once you have passed some form of child care license and have passed a means test.
There is a major flaw in your plan. The "breeders", the great unwashed, they don't drink water. They drink Coke! Contraceptives in the Coke?
Old 30th July 2009, 20:38     #480
zeekiorage

Quote:
There is a major flaw in your plan. The "breeders", the great unwashed, they don't drink water. They drink Coke! Contraceptives in the Coke?
I thought Coke was supposed to make you sterile. Maybe they aren't drinking enough because they don't have enough money. How about free Coke for these people?