Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th March 2024, 10:45     #44201
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'll believe either of the Voyagers is permanently dead when the JPL confirms it. And even then I won't.
Yerp - not dead yet!
Old 18th March 2024, 12:32     #44202
Lightspeed

I saw that news, very cool!

Other news I saw was two kiwis deciding they wanted to permanently reside in Thailand. Damn fools.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...pistol-reports
Old 19th March 2024, 08:03     #44203
wazza
*flex*

what a pair of gronks, curious to see how f'n owned they get.
5 years? 10 years?

that's actually horrific when you watch it, were they muling drugs or just high on meth? i don't understand the panic/response/outcome. gronks.
Old 19th March 2024, 08:55     #44204
Cyberbob

Quote:
"The Day family is understandably distraught over the situation with their sons in Thailand," their parents said Laurence and Katrina Day in a statement on Monday.
Just in case those names ring a bell at all.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/millio...KHVHNLXIHPVOU/

Quote:
Retired Hamilton multi-millionaires Laurence and Katrina Day say Governments should be forced to listen when the public speak via referendums and they've given $675,000 of their own money to Colin Craig's Conservative Party's election campaign in support of that belief.
So I'd say the brothers didn't have the most humble upbringing.
Old 21st March 2024, 11:40     #44205
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
can someone please tell me, are we in a recession?
https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/03/21/n...r-fall-in-gdp/
Old 21st March 2024, 12:01     #44206
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Just in case those names ring a bell at all.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/millio...KHVHNLXIHPVOU/

So I'd say the brothers didn't have the most humble upbringing.
Nothing screams privilege like being from Hamilton.
Old 21st March 2024, 13:49     #44207
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
and yay thanks for the tax creep from printing more money.
Old 21st March 2024, 14:18     #44208
Lightspeed

If that's really the case, then it's a decision that spared us hardship while also dealing with a pandemic of unknowable consequences, to be managed during a time when that crisis has passed.

I don't think that's actually the case, but if it were, I think spreading out the consequences of a pandemic rather than facing them all at once was the better choice.
Old 21st March 2024, 14:19     #44209
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Nothing screams privilege like being from Hamilton.
These days that's not really sarcasm. Hamilton is looking more and more like the place to be.
Old 21st March 2024, 16:35     #44210
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
If that's really the case, then it's a decision that spared us hardship while also dealing with a pandemic of unknowable consequences, to be managed during a time when that crisis has passed.

I don't think that's actually the case, but if it were, I think spreading out the consequences of a pandemic rather than facing them all at once was the better choice.
That's very benevolent of the govt to tax the people. What's even more benevolent is that they haven't adjusted the income tax brackets on the devalued dollar. Much aroha, much aroha
Old 21st March 2024, 17:11     #44211
Lightspeed

What's worse is that you're right. That was caring of the government. To the outrage of those who just wanted to cash in on the crisis.
Old 22nd March 2024, 10:05     #44212
wazza
*flex*

anni at work today, 3 years. before this job i had never had a job for more than year. i must be maturing into an adult or something
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:48     #44213
Lightspeed

facepalm

Sovereign citizen jailed for disruptive behaviour in court

Quote:
A Nelson woman has been sentenced to 21 days in jail after treating a judge with “disdain and disrespect”, causing the judge to fear losing control over her courtroom.

Judge Jo Rielly told Megan Gordon that she had been repeatedly asked to stop interrupting at the Nelson District Court on Thursday.

Gordon was directed to leave the court, and to speak to a lawyer.

After returning to court, she went on to accuse Judge Rielly of “lying and embellishment”.

Gordon spoke over the judge, addressed her by her first name, was “disrespectful and rude” to Rielly, and was taken into custody because of her disruptive behaviour.
Old 23rd March 2024, 20:16     #44214
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
The thing is, you can actually be a complete asshole with legal proceedings, if you're willing to go into a cell.

I've refused to sign documents for several hours, and had several officers come at me trying to make me complete the paperwork and I just refused with a smirk and they didn't know what to do.

To lay hands is assault, and they know it.

Ultimately I gave in because I knew it wasn't going anywhere, but it's a funny game to play, until of course, you have to accept the consequences of your actions.

I'm not saying she's in the right, or agree with her approach, but it's a completely valid course of action, and does delay the inevitable.

As soon as they're making you do things you don't agree to, they're on shaky ground and they avoid it at all costs.

Kids: just accept when you've made a mistake, it makes life easier.
Old 23rd March 2024, 23:00     #44215
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Because tino rangitiratanga, I'm Maori, therefore sovereignty G, amirite?

Oh no, wait, there are laws, and we're all equal. Damnit. It sounded so cool in a protest tho.
Old 23rd March 2024, 23:29     #44216
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I got stuck watching Long Beach Griffy

From his Down Syndrome skit I watched loads of his content.

He's got wild takes on so many things. I like how he doesn't give a fuck. He gets the black pass. If you criticize him you're racist.
Old 24th March 2024, 16:49     #44217
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
The thing is, you can actually be a complete asshole with legal proceedings, if you're willing to go into a cell.

I've refused to sign documents for several hours, and had several officers come at me trying to make me complete the paperwork and I just refused with a smirk and they didn't know what to do.

To lay hands is assault, and they know it.

Ultimately I gave in because I knew it wasn't going anywhere, but it's a funny game to play, until of course, you have to accept the consequences of your actions.

I'm not saying she's in the right, or agree with her approach, but it's a completely valid course of action, and does delay the inevitable.

As soon as they're making you do things you don't agree to, they're on shaky ground and they avoid it at all costs.

Kids: just accept when you've made a mistake, it makes life easier.
There’s a difference between “I know the rules and now you know that I know the rules” and “I exist outside your rules”
Old 25th March 2024, 13:47     #44218
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
anni at work today, 3 years. before this job i had never had a job for more than year. i must be maturing into an adult or something
Better late than never, Good stuff m8
Old 27th March 2024, 17:41     #44219
xor

How much coffee is too much?

I'm 4-6 cups a day of sweet sweet nespresso goodness or Mocka pot coffee
Old 27th March 2024, 19:30     #44220
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

If your body is telling you that you need a shit, but all you can muster is a disappointing chunk like an empty soft serve machine, that's too much coffee.
Old Yesterday, 13:10     #44221
wazza
*flex*

i usually have my first cup of coffee after lunch, and i might have another one at 3pm. this is all very recent

i used to drink coffee, then i noticed that i always had sweaty right arm pit, so i stopped. recently i started again, pams instant or whatever work buys in the largest most budget container, but now i just do half a tspoon of coffee, i don't sweat anymore

6 will probably head towards adrenal fatigue, 4 is probably where you'd want your limit to be. but you're one of the more successful people i've ever known, and if it takes 6 cups of coffee to get to where you're at, then maybe more people should drink 6 cups of coffee. obviously it's not at simple as that, lol ;p
Old Yesterday, 15:41     #44222
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Normal for me is one straight after getting out of bed, one either en route to work or just after arriving at work, one mid-morning.
Old Yesterday, 15:51     #44223
Lightspeed

The research I've seen over the years suggests coffee is good for people it's good for, and bad for people it's not. 🤷