NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 27th August 2008, 23:10     #801
verve_rat

Just saw an add on Prime for this.

Why did nobody tell me about it before? I watched the Hogfather adaptation at christmas and loved it.

Edit: downloading the HD version now. Yay!

Last edited by verve_rat : 27th August 2008 at 23:13.
Old 27th August 2008, 23:58     #802
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

it was very well done, like Hogfather, but like the books (TCoM and TLF) it is a little disjointed. It's also a fest of Spot the Cameos

Will help if you have read the books (of course you have )

Hogfather was a lot easier to follow if you hadn't read the book.
Old 28th August 2008, 19:38     #803
verve_rat

I have The Unadulterated Cat on my book shelf, do you?
Old 29th August 2008, 02:58     #804
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
02-Sep-2008 - S4 Prison Break (Double episode)
09-Sep-2008 - S2 Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
16-Sep-2008 - S2 Californication
17-Sep-2008 - S5 House
23-Sep-2008 - S3 Heroes (Double episode)
26-Sep-2008 - S4 My Name Is Earl (Double Episode)
29-Sep-2008 - S3 Dexter
29-Sep-2008 - S7 Family Guy
I'm looking forward to all of these, not long to go now!
Old 29th August 2008, 10:31     #805
?>Superman

More Big Bang Theory please
Old 31st August 2008, 04:14     #806
Chrono
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Has anybody watched "Skins"? I think Season 2 has just started on TV2. We just watched the whole first season, it's BRILLIANT! I recommend!
Just finished the second season, jesus that was awesome. Sucks about the whole cast issue for season 3.. and Chris
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:39     #807
Helious

The most exciting day on the internet in the last few months is here

Prison Break S04E01 HDTV XviD-LOL
Old 2nd September 2008, 15:37     #808
drac0s

been a while since excited about prison break, gone the same way as lost where interesting originally now just meh. Will watch but couldn't really care about missed episodes or if I see it days/weeks after it's released.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:05     #809
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
17-Sep-2008 - S5 House
I'll have to watch the last two super awesome episodes of season 4 to get warmed up for this.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:09     #810
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Looking at new shows starting this season, not too much interesting apart from Fringe starting next week, and two new sci-fi shows in Eleventh Hour and Sanctuary (starring Amanda Tapping) starting early October.
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:37     #811
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Oh and True Blood starting properly next week as well.
Old 5th September 2008, 22:54     #812
lektronimo

Just watching a NZ show that is actually not shit, called A Thousand Apologies on TV3. Quite quirky, and pretty funny.
Old 5th September 2008, 23:01     #813
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
Just watching a NZ show that is actually not shit, called A Thousand Apologies on TV3. Quite quirky, and pretty funny.
That was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen on tv.
Old 5th September 2008, 23:08     #814
Helious

Wink

Two people disagree.
Old 6th September 2008, 02:48     #815
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
That was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen on tv.
Well I didn't think it was the worst thing on TV.

Had some funny moments...I thought the Scribe pisstake at the end was quite hilarious.

The show after that (the mlian hour or something)was funny in places also...
Old 6th September 2008, 10:28     #816
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Chuck is back soon!
Old 6th September 2008, 10:41     #817
tarzan007

Prison Break was remarkably average IMO, gutted!

looking forward to Entourage on Monday though!!!
Old 6th September 2008, 11:10     #818
Helious

Dexter.S03E01.PREAiR.XviD-P2P
Old 6th September 2008, 17:17     #819
Caesar

Californication is out as well apparently, and it looks like a double.
E1 and E2.
Old 6th September 2008, 17:43     #820
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
Dexter S03E01 DVDScr XviD-NOTYOU
Old 6th September 2008, 17:46     #821
s0nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
do these kinda files usually require a password?
Old 6th September 2008, 17:48     #822
Haydos

Dexter continues to be a strong strong series.
Prison Break could go either way.

New show that could be huge, Christian Slater playing a split personality guy who is a mild mannered weak father on one side and a ruthless, cold hearted hitman/operative on the other.
Old 6th September 2008, 18:14     #823
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nic
do these kinda files usually require a password?
No, unless you're using some fucked up public tracker where the uploader has decided to repack it with a password to be funny - or if it's a fake upload
Old 6th September 2008, 21:41     #824
Markh

A couple of weeks ago I watched a pre-air s01e01 of a show that is now on my definite will download list. 'The Mentalist' - I will be watching this show as it becomes available.
Old 6th September 2008, 23:25     #825
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
A couple of weeks ago I watched a pre-air s01e01 of a show that is now on my definite will download list. 'The Mentalist' - I will be watching this show as it becomes available.
I saw a trailer for that. It looks bloody good.
Old 6th September 2008, 23:29     #826
Haydos

Yeah, I checked that out when it was pre-aired too..

Thing is... isn't it just Psych without the out-right comedy and the fact that the guy has already admitted publically he isn't psychic?
Old 7th September 2008, 01:18     #827
cryocore

Just grabbed ep 1&2 of the new Bones.
EZTV for the win!
Old 7th September 2008, 10:02     #828
Nuclear

the leaked episodes of dexter and californication were both excellent.
Old 7th September 2008, 12:18     #829
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
Yeah, I checked that out when it was pre-aired too..

Thing is... isn't it just Psych without the out-right comedy and the fact that the guy has already admitted publically he isn't psychic?
I would have to say - no. I would also have to assume that you have not watched the pilot.

Psych - guy pretending to be a psychic to explain what he deduces. Lots of acting like a psychic, no authority so must work hard to get police to act on what he says.

The Mentalist - FBI agent that is similar in abilities to the guy on Psych, but the FBI knows he is good and he does not pretend to be a psychic. He has authority and his position allows him to get the FBI to look into his hunches. He has no psychic abilities, the FBI knows he has no psychic abilities, he never pretends to have psychic abilities (except in occasional flashbacks to back when he used to earn a living as a psychic).
Old 7th September 2008, 13:27     #830
Solvent

Make sure you check for How Not To Live Your Life, a BBC3 comedy airing at the moment.

I haven't watched it yet, but just premiered new FX drama Sons of Anarchy may be of interest to some.
Old 7th September 2008, 19:02     #831
s0nic

dexter was awesome!
Old 7th September 2008, 19:19     #832
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvent
Make sure you check for How Not To Live Your Life, a BBC3 comedy airing at the moment.
watching that atm..... definitely worth a look
Old 7th September 2008, 23:47     #833
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Entourage is back to
Old 8th September 2008, 11:19     #834
Lat1n0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nic
dexter was awesome!
Hmmm there I was thinking that it was just release... Downloading right now - It was a 2 hor episode? File appears to be bigger than usual
Old 8th September 2008, 11:22     #835
Haydos

Quote:
I would have to say - no. I would also have to assume that you have not watched the pilot.

Psych - guy pretending to be a psychic to explain what he deduces. Lots of acting like a psychic, no authority so must work hard to get police to act on what he says.

The Mentalist - FBI agent that is similar in abilities to the guy on Psych, but the FBI knows he is good and he does not pretend to be a psychic. He has authority and his position allows him to get the FBI to look into his hunches. He has no psychic abilities, the FBI knows he has no psychic abilities, he never pretends to have psychic abilities (except in occasional flashbacks to back when he used to earn a living as a psychic).
It's basically the same thing in my view.

You had a guy who pretended to be a psychic while just being absolutely observant and able to ascertain details, who was broken out of pretending to be a psychic by that event where his wife and child were killed and the note taunted him for lying about being a psychic.

Vs.

A guy who pretends to be a psychic while just being absolutely observant and able to ascertain details.

It's Psych - with more drama and "weight" behind it. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Mentalist, that first episode was great and I've always liked that actor, but it is just the same concept, re-done.
Old 8th September 2008, 15:59     #836
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
It's basically the same thing in my view.

You had a guy who pretended to be a psychic while just being absolutely observant and able to ascertain details, who was broken out of pretending to be a psychic by that event where his wife and child were killed and the note taunted him for lying about being a psychic.

Vs.

A guy who pretends to be a psychic while just being absolutely observant and able to ascertain details.

It's Psych - with more drama and "weight" behind it. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Mentalist, that first episode was great and I've always liked that actor, but it is just the same concept, re-done.
I avoided mentioning the wife & child thing - trying to be considerate to others that have not yet seen it.

If you think about it there is a lot in common with Monk as well. Incredibly intelligent guy uses observation and deduction better than anyone else to solve crimes. Both are widowers. Both are not psychics, nor are they pretending to be.

Interestingly your description of The Mentalist covers the main characters past, rather than what the show is about.

TBH
I don't see it as the same concept. I do see similarities though in the abilities of the main character and how he uses those abilities to solve crimes - I am refering to Monk, Psych & The Mentalist.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:16     #837
ZoSo

The creators of Californication are all class. Even down to the music selection when he hits the pavement at the end of the s2e01. Top notch
If complete dross like Lost & Prison Break get 4+ seasons, here's hoping this gets the same treatment.

Dexter was great too.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:48     #838
Cyberbob

I find music selection is definitely getting good these days.. I've noticed it in Weeds & House recently
Old 9th September 2008, 12:53     #839
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
The creators of Californication are all class. Even down to the music selection when he hits the pavement at the end of the s2e01. Top notch
If complete dross like Lost & Prison Break get 4+ seasons, here's hoping this gets the same treatment.

Dexter was great too.
How superb was Warren Zevon - My Shit's fucked up as a piece for that particular part.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:54     #840
Haydos

Quote:
I avoided mentioning the wife & child thing - trying to be considerate to others that have not yet seen it.

If you think about it there is a lot in common with Monk as well. Incredibly intelligent guy uses observation and deduction better than anyone else to solve crimes. Both are widowers. Both are not psychics, nor are they pretending to be.

Interestingly your description of The Mentalist covers the main characters past, rather than what the show is about.

TBH
I don't see it as the same concept. I do see similarities though in the abilities of the main character and how he uses those abilities to solve crimes - I am refering to Monk, Psych & The Mentalist.
Monk never pretended to be a psychic and was never smart assed with his abilities.

Mentalist is smart assed with his abilities.

If you don't see that it's the exact same concept as Psych, with more drama and weight behind the characters and less comedy, then you're blind.