NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21st July 2008, 17:47     #1561
Baal

"This man here, who invokes the sign merely to indicate his joy that his microwave popcorn is done: He is not metal"
Old 21st July 2008, 18:22     #1562
LordP

Beyond ridiculous - Zimbabwe introducing a Z$100bn note.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7515823.stm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
But Zimbabwe residents say the latest note is already worthless, and does not even cover their daily lunch.

"Nowadays, for my expenses a day, I need about Z$500 billion," one resident said.
Old 21st July 2008, 19:27     #1563
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Needs another answer "What the hell is maori week?"
Yep, either that or "Uh... it was Speak Like A Maori week? Bro!"

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 21st July 2008, 19:58     #1564
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP
Beyond ridiculous - Zimbabwe introducing a Z$100bn note.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7515823.stm
Whenever I think of Zimbabwe I always wonder why can't someone from within the country stand up, find a weapon and put a few bullets through Mr Mugabe's heart. Golden chance to become a martyr. At least the impression that the outside world gets is that this person is the root cause of all the problems in that country.
Old 21st July 2008, 21:00     #1565
MadMax
Stuff

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=UTF8&t=k&z=16 there's something in my ear!
Old 21st July 2008, 21:28     #1566
Jonas Undrawing

, mon
Old 21st July 2008, 22:07     #1567
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Needs more iPod shoppage.
Old 21st July 2008, 22:12     #1568
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax

And not far from that place is bullseye.
Old 21st July 2008, 22:15     #1569
dead goon

batmans face on the right !
Old 22nd July 2008, 08:40     #1570
StN
I have detailed files

Come back Hannibal! Arnie takes on Chemtrails.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:33     #1571
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
And think, how much funding is spent on this bullshit, advising we should speak Maori.
The first time I left the country made it clear just how dull NZers are. We have such shit culture. Our only chance at a unique and interesting culture is a combination of 'kiwi' and maori culture. Instead, we're just boring. And oh how we're so proud of ourselves for it.

Especially cunts that complain about reasonable (not the sponsoring retarded shit thing) spending on Maori culture, they're normally the dullest. Why do they teach music in school? Time better spent on Math. Get rid of history while you're at it, and make economics compulsory.

Last edited by JP : 22nd July 2008 at 10:35.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:40     #1572
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
The first time I left the country made it clear just how dull NZers are. We have such shit culture. Our only chance at a unique and interesting culture is a combination of 'kiwi' and maori culture. Instead, we're just boring. And oh how we're so proud of ourselves for it.

Especially cunts that complain about reasonable (not the sponsoring retarded shit thing) spending on Maori culture, they're normally the dullest. Why do they teach music in school? Time better spent on Math. Get rid of history while you're at it, and make economics compulsory.
You managed to leave the country with your lowered IQ and self esteem? Congratulations there buddy.

But you've got a seriously fucked up view of what culture is, if you believe NZ culture would lack more if we removed funding from the Maori language in place of embracing the fact that we're entirely multi cultural and instead of giving reason for separatists to exist, trying to merge all cultures and fund people equally.

Why should I learn Maori in primary school if they're not going to teach me Tongan, Chinese or Korean?

Seriously, go back to fucking school, kid - your views on the world are utterly fucked.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:45     #1573
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
You managed to leave the country with your lowered IQ and self esteem? Congratulations there buddy.

But you've got a seriously fucked up view of what culture is, if you believe NZ culture would lack more if we removed funding from the Maori language in place of embracing the fact that we're entirely multi cultural and instead of giving reason for separatists to exist, trying to merge all cultures and fund people equally.

Why should I learn Maori in primary school if they're not going to teach me Tongan, Chinese or Korean?

Seriously, go back to fucking school, kid - your views on the world are utterly fucked.
Alright, i've been civil to you long enough fuck face. Guess what you cunt, how many people have me on ignore? How many people have you? You know why? Cause you're both arrogant, and fucking retarded. And those two are tolerable by themselves, but together, just make you a terrible person.

Welcome to the ignore list. No idea why you haven't been banned yet. AB is far too tolerant. This is a small forum, trash should be removed when it's clearly just that. And you are.

You're such an internet tough guy. I bet you're a real fucking pussy in real life that's for sure. Congrats to you on being a smug dick on the internet. You're really original, it's hardly been done before.

Edit - Ohhh and you're on ignore now. So I get the last word. Eat a dick faggot. Not that you need any encouragement.

And yeah yeah troll bite etc. Im aware that he's a cunt on purpose. But it feels good to rage on anonymous people on the net sometimes. And rarely is someone more deserving than this idiot.

Last edited by JP : 22nd July 2008 at 10:47.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:45     #1574
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Old 22nd July 2008, 10:48     #1575
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Alright, i've been civil to you long enough fuck face. Guess what you cunt, how many people have me on ignore? How many people have you? You know why? Cause you're both arrogant, and fucking retarded. And those two are tolerable by themselves, but together, just make you a terrible person.

Welcome to the ignore list. No idea why you haven't been banned yet. AB is far too tolerant. This is a small forum, trash should be removed when it's clearly just that. And you are.

You're such an internet tough guy. I bet you're a real fucking pussy in real life that's for sure. Congrats to you on being a smug dick on the internet. You're really original, it's hardly been done before.

Edit - Ohhh and you're on ignore now. So I get the last word. Eat a dick faggot. Not that you need any encouragement.

/ragequit.

This is the type of statement a guy makes when he knows he's absolutely beaten, not just in one argument, but a series of arguments.

Ooh, you get the last word? How cool for you.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:50     #1576
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
You're such an internet tough guy. I bet you're a real fucking pussy in real life that's for sure.
Watch out, internet tough guys! JP is wicket keeper for his school's First XI! He'll fuck you up!
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:51     #1577
Baal

I always imagine this sort of thing as foreplay, where all that is separating the two protagonists from suddenly engaging in hot, sweaty, torrid mansex (so hot omg), is the internet.

Sometimes I like the internet.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:51     #1578
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Watch out, internet tough guys! JP is wicket keeper for his school's First XI! He'll fuck you up!
lolz.

You bought the funny again. How do you do this?
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:53     #1579
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Oh hilarious. Watch our internet. He's an old man that likes to act tough on the internet! Rawr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
I always imagine this sort of thing as foreplay, where all that is separating the two protagonists from suddenly engaging in hot, sweaty, torrid mansex (so hot omg), is the internet.

Sometimes I like the internet.
I know i've got a woody that's for sure. Shotgun pitcher.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:53     #1580
CCS
Stunt Pants

I think you know the answer. It's because I'm a Haydos wannabe, remember? I just say to myself "What would that hilarious intelligent handsome rogue say in such a situation?"
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:54     #1581
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I think you know the answer. It's because I'm a Haydos wannabe, remember? I just say to myself "What would that hilarious intelligent handsome rogue say in such a situation?"
Oh far from it. You're generally pretty funny. And put noobs in their place. You get your panties in a twist real quick. But everyone loves you.

Haydouche is just a fag.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:01     #1582
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
It's a good policy to have. the whole WWTHIHRS philosophy.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:31     #1583
ZoSo

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/eu...est/index.html

Shit, they finally got him. How'd that happen.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:49     #1584
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Come back Hannibal! Arnie takes on Chemtrails.
He's off investigating UFO's shutting down US missiles man
Old 22nd July 2008, 13:01     #1585
Nightcrawler

Bring on the livejournal!

Nothing quite beats the feeling of realising you have no one to talk to when a close family member has passed away.
Mention to who I thought were my closest friends that I'm going to be at a family member's funeral on Thursday, and get no reply other than acknowledgement. So I turn to someone else, yet they use it as an opportunity to talk bout a funeral they went to and then bugger off.. so that's another dead-end. I don't have a lot of close friends, but I expected more. Fuck

What gets me the most is that I thought I'm a good friend. I sit through their complaints and problems, I take the time to listen and to make them feel better.. but when it comes to me needing someone, I'm eventually led to bitching on some forums!
Old 22nd July 2008, 13:56     #1586
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Oh far from it. You're generally pretty funny. And put noobs in their place. You get your panties in a twist real quick. But everyone loves you.
Seriously bro, take off the kneepads and grow a pair. :P

<3

p.s i think Ab doesn't ban people because this forum needs a bit of flaming somewhere or it just doesn't feel like home tbh :D (fortress n quake forums used to be funny to read)
Old 22nd July 2008, 14:33     #1587
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler

Nothing quite beats the feeling of realising you have no one to talk to when a close family member has passed away.
Mention to who I thought were my closest friends that I'm going to be at a family member's funeral on Thursday, and get no reply other than acknowledgement. So I turn to someone else, yet they use it as an opportunity to talk bout a funeral they went to and then bugger off.. so that's another dead-end. I don't have a lot of close friends, but I expected more. Fuck

What gets me the most is that I thought I'm a good friend. I sit through their complaints and problems, I take the time to listen and to make them feel better.. but when it comes to me needing someone, I'm eventually led to bitching on some forums!
Keeping a journal isn't a bad idea, just get it out of the system and as much as it sounds cliche, just try to remember the positive times, it does help.

As for your friends, don't be too tough on them, it can be a tough situation and many just simply don't know how to respond, my guess is they haven't had to go through a similar situation so can't relate to what you're going through.
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:16     #1588
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Seriously bro, take off the kneepads and grow a pair. :P

<3

p.s i think Ab doesn't ban people because this forum needs a bit of flaming somewhere or it just doesn't feel like home tbh (fortress n quake forums used to be funny to read)
You obviously haven't seen too many of me and CSS's bitch fights hehe.

Yeah I like how little moderation these forums have. And i'm all for flaming. As my extremely liberal usage of words such as fucktard shows. And I can't think of anyone i've ignored on this forum or any other. But when someone is ignored by basically half of the forum. It's gotta show they aren't a very funny or entertaining troll.
Quote:

Yeah that sucks. All of my support was from my family and partner. Didn't really feel comfortable talking about it with my mates. Not that I don't think they'd have listened if I did. Can you talk to your family about it?
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:25     #1589
Nightcrawler

Family is out of the question.. it's just not that type of relationship. I don't have a girlfriend, so it really only leaves my friends. I don't expect some heart-to-heart shit, but even just one of them to say they're sorry or to ask if I was ok would be something at least - just some sort of acknowledgment that I have friends who actually care that this is happening to me etc

Right now that last line is telling me the most about the people who I considered friends

Last edited by Nightcrawler : 22nd July 2008 at 15:26.
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:35     #1590
ePi

Nightcrawler, have you tried asking one of them if you can talk to them about it, rather than waiting on them to ask you?
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:41     #1591
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Most people struggle with knowing what to say, so don't say anything.

Don't take it that they don't care.

Give them a chance to give you the support you're looking for. Even if it means asking for it from them.

Give it another shot.

I know I would struggle with knowing what to say at a time like that. It doesn't mean I don't care, it just means that it's not an easy thing to do.
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:49     #1592
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Right now that last line is telling me the most about the people who I considered friends
If they feel happy coming to you and spilling their guts, they should be receptive to you doing likewise. If they don't, and the stuff they've spoken to you about previously has been no more deep than "my grades at Uni suck, dude" and "chitchats are soooo better than timtams" then you probably don't have the sort of emotional depth in the friendship for them to feel comfortable discussing that sort of thing.

Incidentally, the journal idea actually works. It is nice to have people around to talk to, but you don't need them. At times in your life you won't be able to rely on any sort of support, so it pays to have the coping mechanisms up and running by then - sad as it sounds.
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:51     #1593
Nightcrawler

I can understand people not wanting to talk about it, or knowing how. But fuck. A simple "sorry" does go a long way, or even cracking open a beer. I never thought that was too much to expect, but I guess I'm wrong?
Other shit is happening and it's starting to pile up.. maybe I'm just starting to break down

ChaosWulf - talks have ranged from "I was molested as a child and haven't told anyone" to "my parents broke up due to my dad cheating on my mum" and so on.. pretty deep stuff to me (also included their own relatives passing away)

Should stop complaining now, cheers for the replies

Last edited by Nightcrawler : 22nd July 2008 at 15:54.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:20     #1594
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4627090a10.html

Maybe they could cut their tithe if their followers are that hard up.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:23     #1595
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4627090a10.html

Maybe they could cut their tithe if their followers are that hard up.
But then Brian wouldn't be able to buy the latest bike that's out.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:28     #1596
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Oh whoops, I misread the article - they're not offering the fuel prize to people that are already tithing, it's just a marketing ploy to attract new followers to contribute. Bloody leeches.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:30     #1597
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
ChaosWulf - talks have ranged from "I was molested as a child and haven't told anyone" to "my parents broke up due to my dad cheating on my mum" and so on.. pretty deep stuff to me (also included their own relatives passing away)
Ok, that clarifies things. You're THEIR crisis friend, the rock they turn to when they need to dump their shit, because you appear to be moderately in control and a good listener. The thought that you may require their help has probably rocked their little worlds to the core, and they're coping by pretending they didn't hear anything.

I used to have a lot of friends like this, got rid of the lot of them. I'm not suggesting anything so drastic, but if the empathy part of the friendship is a one way street, you can do a lot better.
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:36     #1598
Hazmat
I Like Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP

And yeah yeah troll bite etc. Im aware that he's a cunt on purpose. But it feels good to rage on anonymous people on the net sometimes. And rarely is someone more deserving than this idiot.
QFT and a http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040319h.jpg for good measure
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:54     #1599
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Welcome to the ignore list.
You were pretty slow on that one.
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:32     #1600
Sp0nge

i've never used ignore on a forum

its about as childish as covering your ears whilst shouting "cant hear you!"

and it amuses me when people put someone on ignore
that they feel compelled to announce it to everyone:

"I am putting you on ignore...i cant handle conflict or different views...I am covering my ears...everyone should think like i do, so here is a link so that others may put you on ignore too...my e-penis is growing...i may temporarily take you off ignore to see if you are talking about me...but you'll be back on ignore because thats the box i fit you in...if someone quotes you i shall be deeply offended that someone else didnt respect my ignore list...how dare you!...you must think like i do..."

narrow minds dont get to be that way by accident.