Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21st May 2019, 23:08     #41561
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
FACT: More people die from motor vehicle accidents caused by sneezes, than motor vehicle accidents that didn't happen when you go through a checkpoint. But let's not cut off our noses to spite our fates.
what does that even mean?
Old 22nd May 2019, 01:37     #41562
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

You can, through no bad decision/choice of your own, cause an accident, and therefore a fatality by sneezing.

When you go through an alcohol checkpoint, you haven't had an accident or demonstrated intoxication, so there are no fatalities or actual harm, just "possibly maybe sort of but you might have because imagine if" fatalities.

The last part is a play on words, suggesting that I accept we shouldn't attempt to eliminate sneezing (cutting off our noses) and give up on Minority Report checkpoints being that we are more likely to have an accident (our fates [face]), as it is not likely to achieve the desired outcome.

I've always thought checkpoints were cunty/unfair because you can be fine to drive if you're a regular drinker and you don't get drunk easily (sober as a judge), but you're over the limit. Compared to 22 year old dizzy girl new to driving, not wearing her glasses because she wants to look good at a party, who never drinks and gets pissed off a small glass of wine and is probably in worse shape to drive. Or you could be on LSD and get through an alcohol checkpoint if you can count to 10 and remember your name and any address at all and not keep pulling weird faces from the way the lights are fucking trippy mannn.

I'm just a grumpy old man now though, I am getting a zero alcohol licence for 3 years, and I've learnt just to let others drive or get the bus.

Oh speaking of old men, happy birthday (~third of a century) for yesterday I think it was, you big pencil lead injector :P
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:11     #41563
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 22nd May 2019, 10:45     #41564
StN
I have detailed files

My bad decision is to ride my electric scooter 5kms through the back streets of Queenspark/Parklands to the old pub. Well, that's not the bad bit - but the 5kms back seems to go a lot faster. I do smile a lot and have music blaring from my phone to warn others if they can't see my light before I bowl them at a rollicking 20kms/h. Strangely it also appears colder on the way there, but on the way back, I don't care.
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:10     #41565
crocos

Not worth posting in the vids thread or the listening to thread:
Slimey, yet satisfying
That's right! An earworm, bitches!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 22nd May 2019, 18:09     #41566
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Oh speaking of old men, happy birthday (~third of a century) for yesterday I think it was, you big pencil lead injector :P
fucking 33 is a depressing age. made worse because i thought i was 32 until mrs injector pointed it out to me.
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:39     #41567
CCS
Stunt Pants

Christ, early onset dementia.
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:58     #41568
leadinjector

who are you again
Old 22nd May 2019, 22:13     #41569
CCS
Stunt Pants

Get off my lawn
Old 23rd May 2019, 00:07     #41570