Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 12th December 2013, 08:32     #1
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Disgusting

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9506...s-food-parcels

Having five feral cats is more important than shoes for their kids; the solution here is easy - put the kids out to foster and cut off their working-for-families benefit.
Old 12th December 2013, 09:06     #2
fixed_truth

Sorry but the ACT party is pretty much dead bro. You could try that religious crazy guy?
Old 12th December 2013, 09:42     #3
Deff
I felt shocked

Poverty?

Those fucking people are a disgrace, they are swimming in money in comparison - the fact that story made any shitty newspaper is the disgusting part.

Someone needs to throat punch those hillbilly wannabes.
Old 12th December 2013, 09:55     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

I will never understand why people continue to crap out child after child after child with no means of supporting them.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:01     #5
chubby

Cheesy grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Sorry but the ACT party is pretty much dead bro. You could try that religious crazy guy?
mattew hooten is working on an option for the likes of gt.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:03     #6
StN
I have detailed files

WTF?

Quote:
After rent, bills and petrol are paid from her partner's $700 weekly income and their $420 Working for Families supplement, Jones estimated they had $200 to spend on food "if we've got it".
$420 supplement? Sounds like a benefit to me. I knew staying in school, studying and getting a good job and getting married would bite me in the arse one day...

So they have $1120 per week to cover expenses - I'd be looking at some of those bills.

Probably believe in the Virgin Mary too...
Old 12th December 2013, 10:12     #7
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
Having five feral cats is more important than shoes for their kids; the solution here is easy - put the kids out to foster and cut off their working-for-families benefit.
Kind of agree that if you're struggling to look after your family that local strays are not a priority. Foster care is grim though, there's no great volume of happy homes out there waiting to take kids in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I will never understand why people continue to crap out child after child after child with no means of supporting them.
The urge to reproduce is not a purely rational process.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 12th December 2013 at 10:14.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:31     #8
StN
I have detailed files

So they live in Avondale and have 5 cats. Here's a thought, send those kids down to the river to catch fish to feed the cats. Oh look, the Lord provided...
Old 12th December 2013, 10:34     #9
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
The urge to reproduce is not a purely rational process.
Yea, because they wern't just fuckign without rubbers.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:52     #10
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
there is only so much you can do to help people who refuse to help themselves. if you dont have enough money to support your four kids, perhaps having another isnt the solution? so much facepalm.
Old 12th December 2013, 12:03     #11
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Children with asthma
Five cats

NO CONNECTION THERE NOSIRREE
Old 12th December 2013, 12:45     #12
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
there is only so much you can do to help people who refuse to help themselves. if you dont have enough money to support your four kids, perhaps having another isnt the solution? so much facepalm.
And if you were to offer the lady have her tubes tied for free... OFFER, not force... Imagine the lefty vitriol that would spew forth.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:00     #13
mpx

Man they get more a week than I do, I need to start spitting out some babbies!
Old 12th December 2013, 13:06     #14
Lightspeed

It's a bit of a funny thing really. I mean the sentiment "if they can't afford children, they shouldn't have them" makes a lot of sense right? The funny thing is though, the people who can afford them aren't, at least not sufficiently to maintain population growth.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:14     #15
StN
I have detailed files

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
Old 12th December 2013, 13:19     #16
CCS
Stunt Pants

Funny, I was just going to post...

Old 12th December 2013, 14:15     #17
Lightspeed

So what you're saying is we should make sure that kids have what they need growing up so they don't become idiots?
Old 12th December 2013, 14:16     #18
crocos

Quote:
It's a bit of a funny thing really. I mean the sentiment "if they can't afford children, they shouldn't have them" makes a lot of sense right? The funny thing is though, the people who can afford them aren't, at least not sufficiently to maintain population growth.
So, I'm not seeing that as a bad thing.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th December 2013, 14:20     #19
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So responsible people choose not to have babies if they can't provide for them, and irresponsible people DGAF?
Old 12th December 2013, 14:25     #20
Lightspeed

I think it's a case of "people with disposable income buy shit, people without have children".
Old 12th December 2013, 14:29     #21
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hicks
The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have alot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This just has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever ... in peace.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:31     #22
Lightspeed

What does Bill Hicks know. Feeding, clothing, educating the poor? Those people clearly shouldn't have been born because their parents couldn't afford them, so fuck 'em. AMIRITE GT?!
Old 12th December 2013, 14:36     #23
CCS
Stunt Pants

Idiots beget idiots.
Old 12th December 2013, 15:19     #24
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
I think it's a case of "people with disposable income buy shit, people without have children".
Oh I had disposable income, now I have kids and don't.
Old 12th December 2013, 15:25     #25
Lightspeed

Indeed, we're all generalising here. It would seem though that as people gain disposable income, they're less inclined to have children.
Old 12th December 2013, 15:37     #26
fixed_truth

Old 12th December 2013, 16:30     #27
crocos

The thing I didn't see as a bad thing was general reduction of the number of humans

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 12th December 2013, 17:02     #28
Lightspeed

Absolutely, so lets ensure everyone has disposable income. Except communism, so lets keep filling up the earth with more people instead.
Old 12th December 2013, 17:26     #29
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hey, don't blame us, God instructed us to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
Old 12th December 2013, 19:45     #30
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Hey, don't blame us, God instructed us to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.
i just wish that list still included woman.
Old 12th December 2013, 19:52     #31
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

'sok bro, 1 Timothy 2:12 has our backs.
Old 12th December 2013, 21:50     #32
madmaxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
'sok bro, 1 Timothy 2:12 has our backs.
Helen didn't follow that rule - oh, hang on a sec
Old 12th December 2013, 23:40     #33
Lightspeed

Gee, if only developed nations were experiencing a decline in conservative religions, we might have yet another reason to make sure children grow up with what they need.
Old 13th December 2013, 11:16     #34
Dazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
And if you were to offer the lady have her tubes tied for free... OFFER, not force... Imagine the lefty vitriol that would spew forth.
Funnily enough I would support that even though consider myself left leaning. Offer anyone whom get's a vasectomy or tubal litigation a big lump sum payout upfront. Population growth is over rated and short sighted
Old 13th December 2013, 13:31     #35
aR Que

Got to love it, have to pay (and even then, you'd only net ~20%) people to not bring their 'precious children' into a life of 'poverty' and 'unfit living conditions'.
Old 13th December 2013, 15:20     #36
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
Got to love it, have to pay (and even then, you'd only net ~20%) people to not bring their 'precious children' into a life of 'poverty' and 'unfit living conditions'.
It's cheaper than the alternative.