Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 19th November 2012, 21:11     #1
cyc
Objection!

Union scum II

If anyone has any doubt that the Maritime Union and its "leader" are dicks, this should settle it.

Quote:
The Maritime Union has not ruled out striking at the Ports of Auckland to disrupt the Christmas break, but retailers are confident they will come out of the holiday season unscathed.

The union indicated last week the potential for more industrial action if the Ports of Auckland continued what it was an "attack on port workers and their families".

Garry Parsloe, the president of the union, said its members agreed to look at any option to conclude the negotiations, including more strikes.

"We gave the employees a report on what was happening, and our members are getting frustrated," he said.

"They told us they will endorse any action at all to get a settlement on this matter."

Parsloe said all the members want is to get a settlement on the matter and to get closure.

He said the members of the union will do "whatever's required" to finish a deal regardless of the holiday season.

"I understand all that - I know small businesses will want products coming in for Christmas. It's not fair on them either," he said.
Let's fuck other people! It's all about us! UNIONS!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/worl...-back-to-earth
Old 20th November 2012, 13:47     #2
GM

NZ Maoritime Union affects Apple shares - drawing a long bow there maybe?

Old 20th November 2012, 14:45     #3
BoyWonder

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/loca...ristmas-strike
Old 20th November 2012, 17:43     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

Well, I guess if they want people to hate their fucking guts even more than they do now, then that's the way to go about it.
Old 20th November 2012, 22:20     #5
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
NZ Maoritime Union affects Apple shares - drawing a long bow there maybe?

Hehe. Opps

Yeah. Anyway, here's a finger to Gary Parslow.
Old 21st November 2012, 09:25     #6
GM

The politics are pretty unsophisticated at this end of the spectrum, I have to say I could almost hear a slight NY Italian accent in the quote:

'He said the members of the union will do "whatever's required" to finish a deal regardless of the holiday season'

We getta da deal and bada bing bada ba, everyting gonna be ok again kapesh. *wavy hand gestures*

- Fat Gary