Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 30th October 2011, 11:54     #81
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Your 'National = Good, Labour = Evil' line is getting boring.
Regardless of the underlying merit of GT's point, you're deluding yourself if you don't think you're guilty of the exact opposite whenever anything approaching "Labour v National" comes up.
Old 30th October 2011, 12:07     #82
fixed_truth

Do you really want me to show you to be full of shit again?
Old 30th October 2011, 13:58     #83
cyc
Objection!

Quote:

Do you really want me to show you to be full of shit again?
OH I AM SO SCARED! F_T TO SEIZE ON RANDOM WORDS AND SELECTED QUOTES TO PROVE A POINT.

He's not a deluded left shit. Really.
Old 30th October 2011, 14:41     #84
fixed_truth

It wasn't a threat. It was a *sigh* do we really have to go through your transparent little devaluation of my political opinion game - and then me providing evidence to the contrary? Rather than addressing what I have to say it's easier just to paint me as some Labour lackey eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
you're deluding yourself if you don't think you're guilty of the exact opposite whenever anything approaching "Labour v National" comes up.
I'm telling you that you're full of shit.
Quote:
But meh, I'm not planning on voting for them Labour and I don't agree with everything about their policy; but imo there's some sensationalism going on and it's comparatively more attractive then what the other team's got concerning achieving fairer wages.
Quote:
His Labour one was quite humorous also:
http://dimpost.files.wordpress.com/2...st-medusa1.jpg
Quote:
I think that both Labour and National have been pretty substandard this last term and it would be extremely difficult to quantify if there is any significant difference in administrative performance.
So cut the faux polarizing and go back to your self-righteous “disappointment on the lack of adherence to some mystical prototype behavior that others perhaps should follow”.
Old 30th October 2011, 14:54     #85
cyc
Objection!

Laugh

Quote:
So cut the faux polarizing and go back to your self-righteous “disappointment on the lack of adherence to some mystical prototype behavior that others perhaps should follow”.
Oh yeah, here's the selective quoting again. Whenever someone/you is doing a "Labour v National" or "National v Labour" exercise -- again, note that I am NOT talking about discussion of either party per se -- you seldom forgo any opportunity try to grab a bit of sand for Labour or get on some kind of "Labour is better!" crusade. It's boring, petty, and reveals your obvious boring bias to all.

Even your own "proof" shows it.

Quote:
But meh, I'm not planning on voting for them Labour and I don't agree with everything about their policy; but imo there's some sensationalism going on and it's comparatively more attractive then what the other team's got concerning achieving fairer wages.
Bald, boring, "Labour is better" assertion? Check.

Quote:
I think that both Labour and National have been pretty substandard this last term and it would be extremely difficult to quantify if there is any significant difference in administrative performance.
Yes, since Labour is going badly let's just have a bit of contrived equivalence, eh?

Hey assert more dumb things and paste a Herald link as proof. We are all waiting!

Last edited by cyc : 30th October 2011 at 14:56.
Old 30th October 2011, 15:35     #86
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Regardless of the underlying merit of GT's point, you're deluding yourself if you don't think you're guilty of the exact opposite whenever anything approaching "Labour v National" comes up.
Are you shitting me? Not even you are as guilty of irrational polarising as GT.

Labour is evil? Fucking evil? How can anyone take that seriously?
Old 30th October 2011, 15:40     #87
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed

Lightspeed, go back to your kennel.
Old 30th October 2011, 17:56     #88
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed

Pretty much. Oh and my personal fave, "the Greens are basically communists", REDS UNDER THE BED, REDS UNDER THE BED!
Old 30th October 2011, 18:05     #89
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The thing with the Greens is you can't rely on them to be not crazy. Just when you're thinking "hey, this Hughes guy seems to be technically literate and shows some understanding of copyright in the digital era" he comes out with "OMG THERE'S YELLOWCAKE IN NZ WATERS WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE NO NUKES NO NUKES!"
Old 30th October 2011, 18:41     #90
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Is he claiming something along the lines of his being objective? If so then perhaps the difference really is that I'm not pretending to be balanced in my view here, nor do I believe I am being balanced in my view.

labour are evil in my eyes irrespective of any evidence to the contrary. There is plenty to back this up. If there is evidence that I am either ignoring or unaware of them that brings them back to being just stupid then I don't care to consider it.

This is my counterpoint to the absolute stupidity of: ls, chubby, f_t, adonis, and a couple of others. If I claim anything here it's that I realise I'm doing this, which is rather more than I imagine can be genuinely claimed by some (probably all) of those I'm mirroring.
Old 31st October 2011, 02:28     #91
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The thing with the Greens is you can't rely on them to be not crazy. Just when you're thinking "hey, this Hughes guy seems to be technically literate and shows some understanding of copyright in the digital era" he comes out with "OMG THERE'S YELLOWCAKE IN NZ WATERS WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE NO NUKES NO NUKES!"
Their unscientific knee-jerk reactions bug me more than a little bit TBH, in fact I didn't vote for them in 2005 for their anti-GE stance (despite the fact that their actual policies around GE are far more reasonable).

BUT, It's not like other parties aren't just as responsible as the Greens when it comes to twisting the truth and fear mongering in order to sell their brand. When it comes to this yellowcake issue, I think the question as to whether a nuclear free country should be allowing itself to be part of this supply chain is a legitimate one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
labour are evil in my eyes irrespective of any evidence to the contrary.
Really? No shit, I would never have guessed.

Last edited by adonis : 31st October 2011 at 02:29.
Old 31st October 2011, 03:26     #92
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
I think the question as to whether a nuclear free country should be allowing itself to be part of this supply chain is a legitimate one.
I'm so proud of you for throwing out your smoke detector and picketing the radiotherapy unit of the hospital.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:11     #93
Deadmeat

The question of whether we have adequately trained emergency response people seems valid.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:23     #94
pxpx

The thing that irks me is the "we'll do it in 9 years time" stuff. I can understand "from April 2013 onwards" or something like that.. but 9 years?

What's the point in making election promises if you have to go through three more elections in order for those promises to be kept?
Old 31st October 2011, 13:33     #95
GRiM ReeFer

Get all the 65-67 year olds and all the 18-20 youth unemployed
build a colosseum .... the problem just solves itself.
Old 31st October 2011, 14:58     #96
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
The thing that irks me is the "we'll do it in 9 years time" stuff. I can understand "from April 2013 onwards" or something like that.. but 9 years?

What's the point in making election promises if you have to go through three more elections in order for those promises to be kept?
I think the obvious question is "how will this policy personally affect senior Labour MPs, and if they are personally affected in some way how might that have influenced the formulation of this policy?"
Old 31st October 2011, 15:13     #97
Deadmeat

Presumably like any senior MP they've been gaming the system for years and are likely to be quite confortable.

Also
Quote:
Politicians have a generous superannuation scheme, under which taxpayers provide $2.50 for every $1 they contribute, up to a maximum of 8 per cent of their salary. A few MPs are still on an even more lucrative scheme, which was phased out in 1992.
Old 31st October 2011, 15:22     #98
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm so proud of you for throwing out your smoke detector and picketing the radiotherapy unit of the hospital.
Are you saying that all that yellowcake is being used in medicine, research or some other practice that is legal in NZ? If that's true then I'll retract my statement.
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:41     #99
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Baby Boomers, fuck yeah

Quote:
A new apartment complex is being designed exclusively for baby boomers who will be guaranteed no "random tenants to disrupt your busy life".

The principal residents in The Xanadu - which means an idyllic, beautiful place - on Auckland's CBD fringe must be aged over 50.

The development is the brainchild of Virgil Roberts from Fresh Realty, who said that over the past few years he had received a growing number of inquiries from baby boomers at open homes who wanted to know more about who their neighbours might be.

Not yet at retirement age, residents of the pet-friendly building - on the corner of Union St and Sam Wrigley Rd in Freemans Bay - may be city workers fed up with the commute to work each day whose children have left home and who want to downsize in favour of low-maintenance accommodation.

"We are looking at potential residents who are still planning to climb Kilimanjaro, write their autobiography, party with the (Rolling) Stones, swim the Cook Strait or create a new startup but want the freedom from their existing now-cumbersome house and section and all that goes with it," Mr Roberts said.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/n...ectid=11190576
Old 24th January 2014, 00:35     #100
chubby

Thumbs down

you consistently vote their way.
enough of your whingeing miss.
Old 24th January 2014, 08:51     #101
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
Are you saying that all that yellowcake is being used in medicine, research or some other practice that is legal in NZ? If that's true then I'll retract my statement.
Would u be surprised to know I use radioactive isotopes in day to day operation? I feel like a bad ass when I chain the box up in the tray, throw on nuke signage and get radioed every 20mins for a sitrep. Cause, terrorists.

Its used a lot more than you think, I think.