Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 14th October 2021, 13:17     #1801
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Former Pfizer scientist disagrees with you all

But if you heard it on the news every day for 18 months it must be true. The government is never wrong, nor would they lie to you. Politicians are the most trustworthy and medically skilled people we have. Suckers.
Old 14th October 2021, 13:48     #1802
Cyberbob

He disagrees, by claiming without providing evidence, that the vaccines could cause infertility in women.

The ex-Pfizer scientist who became an anti-vax hero
Old 14th October 2021, 14:13     #1803
MadMax
Stuff

Spend 10 seconds reading and you’ll discover that guy is a fruit loop
Old 14th October 2021, 14:28     #1804
Lightspeed

facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
But if you heard it on the news every day for 18 months it must be true. The government is never wrong, nor would they lie to you. Politicians are the most trustworthy and medically skilled people we have. Suckers.
Could you be more cringe?
Old 15th October 2021, 02:23     #1805
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Yes, I could be shitting my pants over something that's not going to kill me, and freaking out while watching 1pm broadcasts.
Old 15th October 2021, 08:50     #1806
fixed_truth

Me me me me. When things get hairy in the next few months it's unvaccinated people that will be hogging healthcare resources. Down the road further it'll be unvaccinated people moaning because respiratory services are stretched thin. The less transmission the less these things will be a problem. If there was only a simple way to reduce transmission? Oh that's right let's not do that on principle because how dare the Govt. tell us what to do!
Old 15th October 2021, 11:27     #1807
Nich

So many predictions, so cheap to make them.
Old 15th October 2021, 11:40     #1808
The Edge

Quote:
...something that's not going to kill me...
A number of people (mostly in the US) said that before they died of coronavirus, too.
Old 15th October 2021, 12:08     #1809
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Yes, on both sides. It's the ones that predict harm if measures are not taken that seem to be winning out as correct on the whole, even if there are small pockets where the those taking insufficient measures are getting away with it for now.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 15th October 2021, 13:39     #1810
Lightspeed

Quote:
There's a substantial difference between a prediction and a guess. Some people are using the best models we have available, as understood before the pandemic became a priority. Not cheap. Which is why the institutions and organisations that produce these models are often targets for politicians looking to make budget cuts.

Others are cooking up stories to make them popular in their podcasts. Looking to make money of panicked people like DrTitus.
Old 15th October 2021, 14:30     #1811
Nich

Someone actually got paid to predict that unvaccinated people will be whiny bitches when society opens up?
Old 15th October 2021, 14:32     #1812
Lightspeed

Sorry, my statement was more general.

But we don't need predictions for that. It's well established there will always be whiny bitches.
Old 15th October 2021, 15:16     #1813
Nich

I’ve got a prediction: Vaccinated people will host “Catch COVID” parties (you know, like old fashioned chicken pox parties). These parties will be celebrated by news media (natural immunity doesn’t exist…. buuut natural immunity + vaccine is optimum protection). Also these willful super spreader events will be harmful to people who are vaccinated yet aren’t completely protected from the virus. The people who partake in these will not be villified, and will not be called dumb. Their intentions will be cast in a generous light.

Last edited by Nich : 15th October 2021 at 15:18.
Old 15th October 2021, 15:19     #1814
fixed_truth

Tasty

Quote:
Someone actually got paid to predict that unvaccinated people will be whiny bitches when society opens up?
You bet these self centered unvaccinated people that catch covid & recover will be moaning when medical services required for their on-going treatment isn't provided immediately because of increased demand.
Old 15th October 2021, 17:54     #1815
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
A number of people (mostly in the US) said that before they died of coronavirus, too.
https://reddit.com/r/hermancainaward
Old 15th October 2021, 18:46     #1816
Lightspeed

Some of those get pretty dark! They're probably not all true, but some of them definitely have sources other than screenshots.
Old 15th October 2021, 19:31     #1817
Nich

This means we can also make fun of fat people dying because they chose to be fat?
Old 15th October 2021, 19:41     #1818
Redneck

If they spent hours online talking shit about skinny people then yes, they would deserve mockery.
Old 15th October 2021, 19:41     #1819
Lightspeed

I think a better equivalent would be making fun of anti-seatbelt campaigners dying when they're thrown from their vehicles. I wouldn't make fun of them either, but I might wonder if their crusade was worth the cost.
Old 15th October 2021, 19:53     #1820
Nich

Anti vax at its worst tells people COVID can't hurt them because of their salt lamp or praying to God. Anti fat shaming at its worst says being fat is perfectly healthy way to live. Both are actively ignorant of their increased chance of dying.

Pro vax at its worst wants anti-vaxxers to get horribly sick so they can say "told you so!"

Let's remember our humanity (except for bankers, and rental property managers I hope they all die of cat AIDS)

Last edited by Nich : 15th October 2021 at 19:55.
Old 15th October 2021, 19:58     #1821
Redneck

Wrong - hermancainaward celebrates former anti-vaxxers who choose to get the vaccine. There's no "aw gee, i was hoping they'd die" stuff
Old 15th October 2021, 20:14     #1822
Nich

In that case many people are using that subreddit wrong.
Old 15th October 2021, 20:23     #1823
Lightspeed

Herman Cain died of covid related complications after attending a Trump rally, during a time it was ill advised to do so. There's definitely a strong edge of schadenfreude to the whole thing.

Like I said, it gets pretty dark IMO. Personally I feel more anger around the whole thing, it's not like people are making these decisions in a vacuum. There are no shortage of those cynically stoking the beliefs behind these decisions for their own agenda.

I think this opinion piece on the whole situation makes some good points:

Reddit's Herman Cain Covid 'award' is a depressing sign of our times

I still don't think comparing anti-vaxxers with obesity is a good comparison. For many it's a struggle, not a choice they feel is in their hands. Only some revel in what many see as a health problem.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 15th October 2021 at 20:25.
Old 15th October 2021, 21:55     #1824
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The champ says get your fucking kids vaccinated

https://mobile.twitter.com/trellodel...15543501553669
Old 16th October 2021, 05:15     #1825
Giblets

Nich, Titus, your problem is that the vast majority of us who are taking sensible steps to manage this pandemic don't want anything to do with you if you're not.
Stop whingeing and deal with it. No one's strapping you down and forcing a needle into your arm.

Anti vax at it's worst causes people to make misinformed decisions at the detriment to their own and other's health by spreading misinformation to support a selfish point of view.
Old 16th October 2021, 08:51     #1826
LFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
If they spent hours online talking shit about skinny people then yes, they would deserve mockery.
Fatty here, I hate skinny people
Old 16th October 2021, 10:16     #1827
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giblets
Nich, Titus, your problem is that the vast majority of us who are taking sensible steps to manage this pandemic don't want anything to do with you if you're not.
Stop whingeing and deal with it. No one's strapping you down and forcing a needle into your arm.

Anti vax at it's worst causes people to make misinformed decisions at the detriment to their own and other's health by spreading misinformation to support a selfish point of view.
Lets check in on Team Sensible:
https://youtu.be/I_rNlEVdBOs
Old 16th October 2021, 11:38     #1828
crocos

Quote:
Lets check in on Team Sensible:
https://youtu.be/I_rNlEVdBOs
Nah, wrong on the face of it. There's those that are afraid (the vaccine hesitant) and there's antivaxxers (who have often been antivax for years), who are doing shit like booking appointments to get vaccinated and then not showing up, who are punching people simply because they're wearing masks. THAT is not "vaccine hesitant" or "afraid of vaccines". That's malicious arseholery.

Those actively seeking to spread misinformation? That's still antivax, if a more subtle variation, because it causes a disproportionate impact - causes others to not get vaccinated and those people to pass on more of this misinformation. Still shitweasles.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th October 2021, 12:06     #1829
Lightspeed

Some Jew and their thoughts about freedom and mask wearing. Pfft, Jews, amirite?

The Problem With Freedom: What's More Hitler! | The Problem With Jon Stewart
Old 16th October 2021, 12:24     #1830
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

This was plastered outside the medical center where my kids got their shots last weekend:

Old 16th October 2021, 12:37     #1831
Lightspeed

facepalm

Holy fuck...
Old 16th October 2021, 14:05     #1832
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giblets
I don't really put Nich and DrT in the same category. Nich seems to be genuinely grappling with what are difficult decisions for him, whereas DrT is just all-in on a superiority trip, choosing the act against the group for the sake of an ego boost. Cause they struggle to get it any other way.
Old 16th October 2021, 14:22     #1833
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

"Misinformation" is just defined as "information which contradicts the single source of truth which I was told to obey".

The problem with refusing to even view so-called "misinformation" is that you remain unaware of the alternative perspective. There is one "authority" on information. The information has spread far and wide. EVERYONE knows THIS information.

The so-called "misinformation" has NOT been digested by everyone. That is to say, many people intentionally refuse to entertain any idea that what they are being told is wrong.

There are crazier posts out there which I view and of course I doubt the validity. I'm not here bombarding you with THOSE videos, because I DON'T think they're worth your time. I've only posted two links (from memory), which both warn about government over-reach (my main concern). It's very easy to go along with the crowd. It's a much more courageous move to risk being called names by the rest of crowd for speaking out with your concerns. The fact there are SO MANY people who take the opposing view, with credentials that likely exceed your own, that gives me reason enough to say - I personally don't want this forced on me, at least just yet, and don't think it's a good idea to use groupthink to force people into making such a "choice". That's called "duress".

I'm not attempting to tell you what choice you should make. I'm not attempting to restrict your freedoms or livelihood or shun you for making such a choice.

My problem is not "the vaccine" - my problem is that somehow it's become acceptable to trash bodily autonomy and the label of "science" is only allowed to be applied to information which the government releases (no matter which company provides the information). Disregard statistical distributions of those at risk, etc. There are people who are literally begging for their children to be vaccinated, even though actual science for those who care to read it, shows the risk of vaccine complications poses MORE risk to very young people, since those people are largely unaffected by this virus.

Forget the fact the vaccine doesn't do what it's supposed to do ("I'm double jabbed, I still got COVID, but if I hadn't, I would have died!") - and people who got COVID when they were unvaccinated often feel nothing ("Not a cough, not a sniffle" - Dave Chappelle - he got one after, AFAIK). It's very hard to say what would have happened to a particular individual under both circumstances - sample size of 1, and you can't be both vaccinated and unvaccinated at the same time.

I'm happy for you guys to inject yourselves with anything you want. I've known people who inject themselves with STUPID shit, and never did I say to them "I'm going to treat you like a leper and call your employer and get you sacked if you continue to do this". I told them it was a bad idea, I offered help, but I treated them as friends - regardless of their choices. That's because it's their right to do what they want to their body.

The whole "team sensible" has gone far beyond "do the right thing" and are going down a path of doing the "wrong thing". Vaccine passports to show you have been jabbed twice - it only proves compliance, NOT immunity or wellness. It is a well established fact that the vaccinated can both catch COVID and spread it. You could theoretically be carrying the virus while double jabbed and be treated as LESS risk than someone who is unvaccinated but virus-free. That is not sensible. If there is no ability for testing to be included as some sort of risk assessment (for those who don't blindly comply), can you really say its about health, and not control? Some countries ARE doing that, but not New Zealand. Governments DO have a choice about what policies to implement - as do the populations they serve. But when governments prime the population to accept any measures they deem necessary? It's not a great place to be.

You might think I'm over-reacting - I'm sure you do - but since there will never be a 1pm announcement saying "Today we can announce the government has expanded its reach beyond what it should have, and all your rights are suspended due to a contrived emergency", people won't even realize it. Maybe the day is already here and you're too busy defending the propaganda that you don't even see it.

How hot is the pot you're sitting in right now? Warmer than yesterday? Warmer than a year a ago? Warmer than when you were a kid?

At what point is it too hot? Are you going to wait to be told? Until it's trendy? Until a decision removes your rights personally and you feel disappointed by everyone around you who doesn't appear to have their brain in gear?

Vax, don't vax, I don't care. I'm not worried about you infecting me, and if you're jabbed you shouldn't care about me infecting you. Don't pretend it's about hospital beds and resources otherwise you'd want to ban rock climbing, mountain biking, contact sports, drinking on weekends, smoking, sugary drinks and all those other "preventable" issues that take up medical resources.

Once you go beyond personal choice and start to coerce, it's fucking rotten and I'm sorry you can't see that. I don't have children, yet I'm still concerned the world is turning to shit. You could even say I'm intentionally being difficult to make sure your children are able to remain in what we used to know as "a free society".

If you're happy to let your children grow up in a future where the State has complete control over them, using coercion and propaganda on the daily, then that's your choice.

Remember: you can be pro vaccine and anti vaccine passport. One of these things might help, the other will not. Don't call yourself "sensible" if all you do is what the Government tells you. That's not sensible, that's obedient.

Think about it next time you're taking off your shoes to fly, after you prove you are a compliant citizen, checked for liquids over 150mL, patted down to make sure you don't have a gun (but are able to bring a roll of wire and a couple of handles to make a garrote in your carry-on luggage), and then allowed to get drunk on the flight and cause problems. Forget the fact that the entire scenario doesn't even make sense (2 planes, yet 3 buildings collapsed, etc), and then a war was fought based on lies told to us by our respective governments.

If this world and the current COVID story still makes sense to you with no contradictions or inconsistencies, and you think everything is just fine, you're a bit slow. You'll get there eventually.

Safe and effective - except where 75 people in NZ have died after the vaccine, but we can't PROVE it was the vaccine - well OK, one we HAD to admit. Yet 27 old people have died after having COVID, and IT WAS DEFINITELY THE COVIDS (weren't they old and sick as a dog beforehand?) YEAH THAT COVID IS SMART AND FINDS THE SICK OLD PEOPLE. (But I'm not sick and old?) DONT KILL MY GRANDMA

Enjoy the vaxathon! Nothing like a bit of social cohesion to induce peer pressure for this novel therapy. I hope your social credit score reflects just how much of a good citizen you are. Your reward is permission to be free - for now.

PS: Lightspeed, you're a fuckwit. It's peer reviewed, that's why you've got an animated penis under your name.

Last edited by DrTiTus : 16th October 2021 at 14:25.
Old 16th October 2021, 14:45     #1834
Lightspeed

lolz, way to prove my point. DrT, hero of the people!
Old 16th October 2021, 16:32     #1835
The Edge

Wall of text much? Dunno if I can be bothered reading it all. Sounds more like ranting.
I guess I'll stick to listening to medical experts who know what they're talking about, not Johnny on Youtube with his 11 followers saying "OMG COVID IS A HOAX CAUSE I SAY SO DON'T GET THE VACCINE IT'S BAD" bs.

Last edited by The Edge : 16th October 2021 at 16:36.
Old 17th October 2021, 08:46     #1836
Giblets

Quote:
Paranoid ranting
We could go through each bit of that and explain what's wrong with it but what would be the point?

You're living in a fantasy world mate.
Old 17th October 2021, 09:45     #1837
MadMax
Stuff

Don’t be a hater, the world is made up of all types and we need all types.
Old 17th October 2021, 14:51     #1838
Lightspeed

I don't think that's true. Now before DrT jumps in and claims we want to execute him like a Jew again, that's not what I'm saying. But do we need the supremacists of the US? Do we need the starving children of Tigray? Do we need the suicide bombers of Afghanistan?

I think we'd all be better off if these people were in different circumstances, experienced a different world.
Old 17th October 2021, 15:42     #1839
Lightspeed

Five times as many police officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire since start of pandemic
Old 17th October 2021, 17:53     #1840
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
"Australia appears to be the only country in the world manipulating vaccination data to make it look better than it is: We refer to the percentage of over-16s; other countries refer only to the percentage of the total population.

So, opening up "at 70 and 80 per cent vaccination, that’s really 56 and 64 per cent."
https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/f...n-alan-kohler/