Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 6th April 2010, 13:24     #6161
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What say you nzgames massive, did xor satisfy the video description requirement?
Old 6th April 2010, 13:29     #6162
HughMann

ban
Old 6th April 2010, 13:32     #6163
Acido

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMann
ban
ban
Old 6th April 2010, 14:59     #6164
doppelgänger of someone

Wikileak Video footage on US chopper showing US Soldiers firing on apparently unarmed civilians

Here is the NYT story.

I don't know if it really belongs here, but here goes. Watch the video first.

Ok the first part is kind of expected, you see a bunch of men with weapons gathering, waiting for something, and it looks like they had an RPG. So US soldiers fired on them. The interpretation given in the video is shit, from the video you can't tell who's a cameraman and who's an armed man.

The next part is FUCKED UP. So after the attack, a guy was crawling away. A van turned up, people that are clearly unarmed tried to pick that wounded guy up, and the soldiers just fired at unarmed civilians.

Again the interpretation given in the video is biased. Based on the footage it is NOT clear that there are two kids in the van. But it seems clear to me and from the video that those people in the van were unarmed.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:29     #6165
Acido

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
Wikileak Video footage on US chopper showing US Soldiers firing on apparently unarmed civilians

Here is the NYT story.

Ok the first part is kind of expected, you see a bunch of men with weapons gathering, waiting for something, and it looks like they had an RPG. So US soldiers fired on them. The interpretation given in the video is shit, from the video you can't tell who's a cameraman and who's an armed man.

The next part is FUCKED UP. So after the attack, a guy was crawling away. A van turned up, people that are clearly unarmed tried to pick that wounded guy up, and the soldiers just fired at unarmed civilians.

Again the interpretation given in the video is biased. Based on the footage it is NOT clear that there are two kids in the van. But it seems clear to me and from the video that those people in the van were unarmed.
the soldiers that fired are obviously trying to top score on that map.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:33     #6166
HughMann

Unfortunately the CTs killed the hostages. Terrorists win.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:48     #6167
Pastor Thug
The Man... The Movie...

That callous laughter was revolting.
America... fuck yeah.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:00     #6168
Omegakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Thug
That callous laughter was revolting.
America... fuck yeah.
we got our oil YEAH! fuck the people give us your loots.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:01     #6169
Bandalador

I believe you will find that it has nothing to do with what country they are from and everything to do with the job they perform. Soldiers from any nation seem to detach themselves from grizzly tasks and use laughter at horrific times. Remember these guys are built to end life, it's their bread and butter, a lot of their ways will be completely alien to us.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:06     #6170
a-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalador
A lot of their ways will be completely alien to us.
Alien, yes. Still disgusting, yes.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:14     #6171
gentle

Quote:
I believe you will find that it has nothing to do with what country they are from and everything to do with the job they perform. Soldiers from any nation seem to detach themselves from grizzly tasks and use laughter at horrific times. Remember these guys are built to end life, it's their bread and butter, a lot of their ways will be completely alien to us.
Oh fuck off. The moment they disengage like that we get My Lai massacres, and if you don't know what that is you shouldn't be posting.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:44     #6172
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0i3_lOwc0E&f

guy pisses on stage during chistchruch armageddon anime thingie
I'm pretty sure my boy has that game, and that's not how he holds the controller for the Wii...
Old 6th April 2010, 17:32     #6173
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
What say you nzgames massive, did xor satisfy the video description requirement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
I'm going to say he did (barely) because I recognised what the vid was before clicking on it, no time wasted here.
How you done recognised what the video was before you clicked on it? You recognise the url? Or 'male version of Liz Shaw' made you think of Act Guy?

I thought the description was rather insufficient and I was saved only by Greasemonkey script:

<3 Greasemonkeys.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:52     #6174
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
Or 'male version of Liz Shaw' made you think of Act Guy?
This, and I don't think xor is a recidivist video non-describer.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:31     #6175
Bandalador

Quote:
Oh fuck off. The moment they disengage like that we get My Lai massacres, and if you don't know what that is you shouldn't be posting.
Haha you little drama queen. Yeah sure, a few troops disengage because they're having to kill people all day long in a machine that highly resembles their Xbox games and therefore they must be instantly driven to intentionally rape/slaughter/pillage/burn to the ground innocent villages.
You're a fucking chump and clearly have no grasp on the history of modern warfare other than what you read in the NYT.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:47     #6176
gentle

A newbie trying a troll, how quaint.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:52     #6177
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Yeah sure, a few troops disengage because they're having to kill people all day long in a machine that highly resembles their Xbox games and therefore they must be instantly driven to intentionally rape/slaughter/pillage/burn to the ground innocent villages.
Exaggerate much?
Old 6th April 2010, 19:58     #6178
Bandalador

Quote:
A newbie trying a troll, how quaint.
I'm not trolling at all, I genuinely believe that you smoke dick.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:59     #6179
gentle

lol, I like this little gem in particular:

Quote:
Remember these guys are built to end life, it's their bread and butter, a lot of their ways will be completely alien to us.
What kind of tard believes stuff like that?
Old 6th April 2010, 20:03     #6180
Bandalador

So in your expert opinion, what causes front line troops in modern warfare to disengage from their targets?
George W Bush? Crab people? Global warming? The Catholic church?
Old 6th April 2010, 20:07     #6181
gentle

Start a thread fuckwit, this here is for videos.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:08     #6182
Pastor Thug
The Man... The Movie...

Quote:
You're a fucking chump and clearly have no grasp on the history of modern warfare other than what you read in the NYT.
Awesome, a military expert taking the time to share their deep knowledge of military stuff with non-military people like me.
What was I thinking that I thought it sucked that they laughed about killing people? Of course I would think that - their ways are alien to me.

I need to watch more Schwarzenegger movies so I can understand this stiff better and not be so judgmental.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:18     #6183
Bandalador

Far from an expert, have never/will never claim that and wasn't commenting on your disgust at the laughing. More your "America, fuck yeah." aspect, hence the "nothing to do with what country they are from" angle. geddit, thugo?

getntle: Pussy.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:44     #6184
herp

Boys acting like girls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspaoaecNAg
Old 6th April 2010, 21:04     #6185
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
nice. here's the sequel / prequel / equal

http://www.youtube.com/user/HSTSketc.../1/paNiEdFTvuA
Old 6th April 2010, 22:30     #6186
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone

Here is the NYT story.

that is fucked up
not many things disgust me, but that has done it
Old 6th April 2010, 23:00     #6187
p01s0n

the excuse of "we thought the cameras were a RPG" is pretty lame, unless the guys on the ground happened to be harnessing this WMC (weapon of mass crocostruction):
Old 6th April 2010, 23:29     #6188
Nich

what's he photographing? canis majoris?
Old 6th April 2010, 23:33     #6189
Rep

Wikileak Fundraiser Event.

You know, I like wikileaks and all, but this vid is '07 and with the small crappy display the apache's have in their airbourne Xbox system just isn't like the wide screen HD one you have at home. So IMO (invasion morality aside) the Reporters should had a big fookin sign on their back that said, MEDIA.

This would have helped Lt. Xbox thumbs shoot them from much further away...

Actually considering the High score, according to the UN is now over 1mil, does this mean the US has clocked and can now go home?

The only plus I can see, is that even though the event wasn't that exceptional, heaps of US peeps have started writing to their Govt Rep's.

Did the hear the one about what happened to the Lt that spoke to John Kerry around the time of the 04 election? Well the night that his squad came under sustained attack (and was wiped out) from and unknown we armed group, a group of Contractors were seen going through a Checkpoint close to his postion, just before it started, and they wer said to be European featured, well dressed and with expensive weapons, and driving SUV's.

Now that's a vid I paid to see. But alas...
Old 6th April 2010, 23:52     #6190
IoriDyson

now entering the tin foil hat zone
Old 7th April 2010, 00:03     #6191
davx

derailed
Old 7th April 2010, 00:13     #6192
xin

History of AC current told by a drunk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSpi8GwDZfY
Old 7th April 2010, 01:11     #6193
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
the excuse of "we thought the cameras were a RPG" is pretty lame, unless the guys on the ground happened to be harnessing this WMC (weapon of mass crocostruction):
Want that lens. Oh yes. *rubs finger-tips together*

my presssscioussss

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 7th April 2010, 01:15     #6194
Noon416

That's just begging to have BFG9000 shopped onto it (can't be arsed doing it myself )
Old 7th April 2010, 01:24     #6195
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin
hah! volume 3 is very well done too
Old 7th April 2010, 01:38     #6196
ePi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin
That's hilarious, the Michael Cera one is great too.
Old 7th April 2010, 02:47     #6197
MoP

so was the Paul Schneider one. Awesome
Old 7th April 2010, 08:33     #6198
IceFox

There is a bit in that vid where they zoom in and can see clear as fuck, why the hell did they not do that to see the situation better?

Oh yea i'm a bit behind, in regards to U.S Military vid.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:59     #6199
Bandalador

They don't have a 24" 1080p widescreen LCD in the cramped Apache cockpit unfortunately.
There were unidentified dismounts with guns in the group wandering around where friendly ground elements were operating. They followed their ROE.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:30     #6200
a-tech

Quote:
They followed their ROE.
Well thats sweet as then isn't it mate. SWEET AS!