NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 8th December 2021, 20:39     #2201
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So what you're saying is.... vaccines work?
Old 8th December 2021, 20:51     #2202
Cyberbob

8% of the population, 29% of all new cases, 64% of all new hospitalisations.

If they didn't work, you'd expect the cases and hospitalisations to be far more representitive, i.e. 72% vaccinated would be 72% of the cases.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 8th December 2021 at 20:52.
Old 8th December 2021, 20:57     #2203
Cyberbob

Also, regarding being so hard to find - That was from the 4th match when googling 'Cases by Vaccination status of population'
Old 8th December 2021, 21:24     #2204
StN
I have detailed files

You seem to be using some kind of data science modelling and rational analysis - surely you need to temper this with the number of facebook friends, insta-likes and collaborating influencers you have to establish any credibility?

Old 10th December 2021, 11:54     #2205
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

We’re from the government and we’re here to help

https://www.nzinitiative.org.nz/repo...w-opinion-137/
Old 10th December 2021, 14:35     #2206
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nek minit

Quote:

A study conducted by researchers at the University of Maryland, USA, has highlighted the importance of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination in reducing the frequency of mutations in the delta variant of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...mutations.aspx
Old 11th December 2021, 15:28     #2207
Lightspeed

Case numbers keep dropping in NZ:

Covid-19 update: 63 new community cases reported in New Zealand today
Old 13th December 2021, 22:59     #2208
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Moderna vaccine was developed by a furry? This is the worst timeline
Old 14th December 2021, 17:28     #2209
Nich

Double vaxxed, diligent QR code checking in, mask wearing + negative test result = halt your life and go to the Centre for National Resilience

Cause Omicron

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...ence/100694038
Old 15th December 2021, 01:29     #2210
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The Moderna vaccine was developed by a furry? This is the worst timeline
Hold on, turns out the Moderna vax was personally funded by Dolly Parton, so this is now the best timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/w...ine-covid.html
Old 15th December 2021, 01:37     #2211
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Double vaxxed, diligent QR code checking in, mask wearing + negative test result = halt your life and go to the Centre for National Resilience

Cause Omicron

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...ence/100694038
Summary: After successfully responding to COVID as a public health emergency, the South Australian health dept has been told to quit that shit because it’s an election year and the Federal Liberal government wants this treated as a political issue. Border restrictions and careful contact tracing are making the PM look bad, so the SA Liberal Premier has been ordered to open everything up. This has come as a complete surprise to SA Health because that’s fucking retarded, and they’re not set up for it and there are no processes in place. State COVID response has gone from being run by the Chief Medical Officer to being run by the Federal Liberal Party election strategists. And it’s a clusterfuck.

#strayacunt
Old 15th December 2021, 18:25     #2212
Nich

And the world was better for it. Still yet to read any evidence NPIs (except island nation border closures) actually provides more benefit than damage.

Dr Peter McCullough on JRE
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0aZ...rf8K2IrywzwOMk
Old 15th December 2021, 23:17     #2213
The Edge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_A._McCullough

During the COVID-19 pandemic, McCullough advocated for early treatment including hydroxychloroquine, criticized the response of the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration, dissented from public health recommendations, and contributed to COVID-19 misinformation.

Yeah not someone I'd really want to be getting advice from re coronavirus eh.
Old 15th December 2021, 23:38     #2214
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

NSW R_eff = 2.43 ± 0.42. fuck.
Old 16th December 2021, 01:29     #2215
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fuuuuuck
Old 16th December 2021, 13:39     #2216
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge

During the COVID-19 pandemic, McCullough advocated for early treatment including hydroxychloroquine, criticized the response of the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration, dissented from public health recommendations, and contributed to COVID-19 misinformation.

Follow government public health recommendations at your own peril.
Old 16th December 2021, 13:59     #2217
Lightspeed

Well certainly those of your government. Or should I say Murdoch's government?
Old 16th December 2021, 14:27     #2218
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

He's a "vaccine is a government database marker for the depopulation program" nutter.
Old 16th December 2021, 14:56     #2219
The Edge

Quote:
Follow government public health recommendations at your own peril.
Thanks, I have since the pandemic started, no issues so far. I prefer to get my medical advice from doctors who know what they're talking about, not purveyors of misinformation (those Voices for Freedom idiots also immediately spring to mind).

Last edited by The Edge : 16th December 2021 at 15:00.
Old 16th December 2021, 20:20     #2220
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
... not purveyors of misinformation (those Voices for Freedom idiots also immediately spring to mind).
Ahh - like the Destiny Church nutters that protested outside parliament after it had finished for the year?
Old 17th December 2021, 08:03     #2221
The Edge

Yep and I believe they work together for these protests.
Or maybe not.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...r-freedom.html
Old 17th December 2021, 11:00     #2222
Cyberbob

Say NO to Smoke Detectors.

This is exactly what the anti-mandidate crowd sound like to me.
Old 17th December 2021, 13:10     #2223
Lightspeed

Old 17th December 2021, 15:37     #2224
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

It's alright, it's all out in the country side /s

Greater Sydney: R_eff = 1.76 ± 0.17
NSW excluding Greater Sydney: R_eff = 7.22 ± 1.01
Old 17th December 2021, 16:04     #2225
Lightspeed

Holy crap

Holy smokes, is that real? How are hospitals managing?
Old 17th December 2021, 17:04     #2226
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Say NO to Smoke Detectors.

This is exactly what the anti-mandidate crowd sound like to me.
Fat Passport required to eat KFC

Liver Function Passport required to buy booze

Why stop at coronavirus passport? Just let others wrap you in bubblewrap and call it a day
Old 17th December 2021, 17:09     #2227
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Holy smokes, is that real? How are hospitals managing?
ER piling up with people feeling a bit tired and headachy
Old 17th December 2021, 17:11     #2228
The Edge

Rolling eyes

It's all a scam, right?
Old 17th December 2021, 17:39     #2229
blynk

Quote:
Fat Passport required to eat KFC

Liver Function Passport required to buy booze

Why stop at coronavirus passport? Just let others wrap you in bubblewrap and call it a day
Yes, the exact same thing as the covid health passport.

I assume you don't have a drivers licence
Old 17th December 2021, 18:25     #2230
Cyberbob

Let's get rid of all licenses.
Medical license, law license, drivers license, gun license, pilots, accountancy, You name it, let the problem sort itself out.

Go for a slide while you're at it down the Slippery Slope.
Old 17th December 2021, 19:02     #2231
Nich

Quote:
It's all a scam, right?

Not all of it, no.

The virus is real, created by gain of function research, and escaped from WIV (but not the exact gain of function project NIH was funding). Was likely circulating around China since January 2019

The disease is extremely high risk for 70+ year olds, or obese people. Anyone outside of these categories we need to be careful lumping people who died OF COVID with those who have died WITH (for instance, one of NZ's latest COVID deaths was a guy shot in a home siege by Police). But lumping together we do, and we may as well include people who bought a Mars bar at the supermarket checkout in the last 28 days and consider that a category for death.

The spike protein is the pathogenic protein of the virus. The normal battle ground for the body against the spike protein is in your mucousal areas of nose, throat, lungs (apparently Omicron's lack of deadliness is it's inability to bind to ACE2 in lungs, but high affinity in nose and throat ACE2). Your innate immune system deals with the virus when it's in your nose, throat, lungs well before your antibody / memory immune system kicks in.

The mRNA vaccine especially suppresses your innate immune system temporarily, but gives you the upper hand later on in the battle with antibodies to fight of the virus that has been allowed to run wild in your air ways. Assuming the antibodies are still swimming around your blood stream (get a booster to fix that). If mRNA gets into your bloodstream instead of your muscle (vaccinator forgot to aspirate) then ACE2 receptors in every major organ become the virus Spike protein battle zones, and your immune system attacks cells of your organs, including cells of your heart.

For normal people vaccinated or no, 80/20 cost benefit immune system improvement is supplement Vit D daily to drastically reduce risk of serious disease.

Thats the real part.

The scam part is that masks, lockdowns, and vaccine passports are saving any lives. If they are saving COVID deaths (they're not) then we're just all agreeing a death from COVID is worth stopping, but a death from despair, loneliness, overdose, delayed hospital treatment is not worth a damn.
Old 17th December 2021, 19:07     #2232
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Let's get rid of all licenses.
Medical license, law license, drivers license, gun license, pilots, accountancy, You name it, let the problem sort itself out.

Go for a slide while you're at it down the Slippery Slope.
I'm keen to try that out if you are.
Old 17th December 2021, 19:12     #2233
Lightspeed

How is this scam being run, how was the buy-in of the overwhelming majority of the world's experts achieved? How come places more aligned with best practices (masks, etc.) are doing so much better than those not? How do I get hold of whatever you're smoking?
Old 17th December 2021, 23:31     #2234
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Holy shit NSW 2213 new cases in 24rs. Almost all Delta.

NSw / fed gov have given up. This is surrender.
Old 18th December 2021, 00:46     #2235
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Holy shit NSW 2213 new cases in 24rs. Almost all Delta.

NSw / fed gov have given up. This is surrender.
Meanwhile WA is smirking (rightfully so) at their continued lack of COVID while QLD is busy getting ploughed. I think we've had more cases in the last 48 hours than we have the last two or three months? :/

I read an article earlier today mentioning Mark McGowan's comments about NSW being ScoMo's "gold standard" while they're also provided COVID the foothold into the rest of the country, as well as NZ.

[found it] https://www.worldwideholidays.com.au...loats-from-wa/

Last edited by Savage : 18th December 2021 at 00:50.
Old 18th December 2021, 00:52     #2236
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Meanwhile WA is smirking (rightfully so) at their continued lack of COVID while QLD is busy getting ploughed. I think we've had more cases in the last 48 hours than we have the last two or three months? :/

I read an article earlier today mentioning Mark McGowan's comments about NSW being ScoMo's "gold standard" while they're also provided COVID the foothold into the rest of the country, as well as NZ.

[found it] https://www.worldwideholidays.com.au...loats-from-wa/
* edit time limit

Above should read:
I read an article earlier today mentioning Mark McGowan's comments about NSW being ScoMo's "gold standard" despite their economic performance, while they also kindly provided COVID the foothold into the rest of the country, as well as NZ.
Old 18th December 2021, 07:42     #2237
The Edge

Quote:
The scam part is that masks, lockdowns, and vaccine passports are saving any lives. If they are saving COVID deaths (they're not) then we're just all agreeing a death from COVID is worth stopping, but a death from despair, loneliness, overdose, delayed hospital treatment is not worth a damn.
Can you provide some evidence (I mean, actual evidence, not propaganda) to back up what you're saying, please? I'm not seeing what you're saying is happening here.
Old 18th December 2021, 12:39     #2238
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Hunter region: R_eff = 16.83 ± 0.00

One nsw region alone is on track for 100k cases a day by xmas day. If there's that many ppl there.
Old 18th December 2021, 13:37     #2239
Nich

Quote:
Can you provide some evidence (I mean, actual evidence, not propaganda) to back up what you're saying, please? I'm not seeing what you're saying is happening here.
Sure thing. I'll try to keep things pre-2020 because research is probably a little difficult during the pandemic chaos.

===========================
Some studies:
===========================
September 2019 - WHO released this report:
Non-pharmaceutical public health measures for mitigating the risk and impact of epidemic and pandemic influenza
https://www.who.int/publications/i/i...emic-influenza

On each of the categories public health loves in the pandemic:
- Face masks: Recommended for symptomatic people, but no evidence it stops transmission
- Social isolation: Recommended for symptomatic people, 5-7 days
- Surveillance: only useful early on to better understand virus / disease, attempt containment

======================

CDC issued this meta-analysis out of Hong Kong. The project ran from 2018 to Feb 2020.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Comparing hand hygiene, face masks, cough/sneezing etiquette, surface / environment cleaning. They found hand hygiene to provide the greatest risk reduction. All other measures were useless.

====================

Donald Henderson (eradicated Small Pox) was co-author of a 2006 paper on Disease Mitigation Measures in the Control
of Pandemic Influenza.
https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdo...=rep1&type=pdf

Basically they recommend the following:
- Invest in hospital surge capacity
- Regular communication with public (those who are ill stay home, but encourage others to go about their lives)
- Don't close schools for longer than 2 weeks unless you're going to close all other hangouts (malls, fast-food, recreation centres). But if you do that be prepared for serious adverse social and economic effects.
- wash your hands
- Don't cancel meetings / events unless you're going to cancel all possible ways people can meet. Communitywide closure is inadvisable.
- Don't quarantine groups or individuals lest you want public loss of trust in government, and stigmatization of quarantined people
- Don't surveil or screen people.

and finally this

Quote:
An overriding principle. Experience has shown that communities faced with epidemics or other adverse events respond best and with the least anxiety when the normal social functioning of the community is least dis-rupted. Strong political and public health leadership to provide reassurance and to ensure that needed medical care services are provided are critical elements. If either is seen to be less than optimal, a manageable epidemic could move toward catastrophe.

===================

And if you want more studies, here's over 400 studies during 2020 - 2021 looking at how the NPIs are going...
https://brownstone.org/articles/more...interventions/

A complete failure.

===================

One of the biggest proponents of the NPIs and lockdowns has been Neil Ferguson (advisor to europe and UK). Not a single one of his models have been remotely close to reality. the deaths and cases are always overblown with the threat that NPIs must be enacted immediately to avoid this projected calamaty. In countries where they do follow his advice, he can claim the measures worked because the deaths and cases were a fraction of what he predicted if virus was let free.

Take Sweden, for example. When the pandemic started in Europe, in April Neil Ferguson's model predicted 15,000 to 105,000 deaths by 1st May. Then on 4th May Sweden had 2679 COVID deaths.
https://hectordrummond.com/2020/05/0...elessly-wrong/

Fast forward to today. Neil Ferguson is at it again and predicts 5,000 deaths from Omicron PER DAY. Fuck this guy, and anyone who continues to pump out these hopeless models that make everyone fearful of scenarios that don't pan out.

He's also responsible for the "don't kill granny", and "even young people are at risk of COVID." campaigns. Fuck this guy.
Old 18th December 2021, 14:49     #2240
Lightspeed

That is certainly evidence, but it's only a subset of evidence, and it doesn't account for what can be plainly seen.

Because of the complexity of health science, as I've said many times, you always ask who is doing the telling and how do they know what they know. Why? Because it's ridiculously easy to misrepresent information that appears robust - it's one of your own complaints!

So where did you find this data Nich, did you do some kind of study, or are you passing on what someone else presented to you? If you didn't have a well established pattern of posting reactionist nonsense, I might look more closely than I have.

Personally I'm looking at the two same sets of information I have from the start: what our most respected institutions are telling us, and the consequences I can see playing out at home and in the world.

So far there have been no surprises.