NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th October 2018, 19:34     #6881
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I just finished Sharp Objects last night, what a gripping watch! Amy Adams is fantastic. I have a couple of episodes left of The Haunting of Hill House.. definitely not the "scariest series ever", but still really good and I'm hoping for a non-disappointing ending.
Old 20th October 2018, 19:55     #6882
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
I'm hoping for a non-disappointing ending.

We all do
Old 21st October 2018, 02:40     #6883
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePi
I really enjoyed Mr Inbetween. Only 6 episodes about 20-23 mins each. A sort of dark-comedy about an Australian professional hitman who tries to juggle his criminal and home life.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/

Don't watch the trailer if you can help it, the shows so short the trailer is basically a series recap. Easy watch, you can binge it in just a couple of hours. Just been renewed for Season 2 as well.
Got hold of this, really enjoying so far, thanks for the recommendation
Old 21st October 2018, 19:05     #6884
Savage

Titans

Only two episodes out so far, but already better than I expected. Usual cheese, but significantly better than most of the other current superhero TV shows.

IMDB
Trailer
Old 23rd October 2018, 08:32     #6885
[BT]Monza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
"This is gonna take way more than just ball hairs."

A flatmate is obsessed with true crime trash. This seems about as real as that.
I initially wrote off American Vandal as exactly that but then as I watched more of it realised it was ffin genius.

It recently won a Peabody award;
Quote:
It was inevitable that the recent explosion of true crime documentaries across various media would spurn parody, but nothing else about “American Vandal” is inevitable. On its surface, the series created by Dan Perrault and Tony Yacenda is a juvenile rewriting of “Serial,” “Making a Murderer,” or “The Jinx,” with Peter Maldonado (Tyler Alvarez) using the documentary form to expose the truth about a case of spray-painting vandalism in the Hanover High School staff parking lot pinned on noted prankster Dylan Maxwell (Jimmy Tatro). And on this level, it delights. But while the show mines the absurdity of applying serious investigative methods to a less-than-serious crime, the world it uncovers is never reduced to a joke, grounded instead in the realities of high school experience. The deeper Peter and his friend Sam (Griffin Gluck) dig into the private lives of Dylan and other suspects, the more “American Vandal” shifts focus from the crime itself to the consequences of solving it, and how the ethical questions of the true crime genre intersect with the harsh realities of being a teenager in the age of social media. The show’s careful realism and straightfaced performances are part of its comedy (alongside bad Kiefer Sutherland impressions, outrageous “prom-posals,” and “baby-farting” escapades) but they are also the foundation for a climax that finds the tragedy in Dylan’s infamy and the injustices behind the crime itself, foregrounding our complicity in the series’ unexpectedly profound lesson of what is unearthed when a quest for the truth loses its way. For this, “American Vandal” wins a Peabody Award.
I'm saving season 2 for a rainy/hungover weekend....
Old 31st October 2018, 20:42     #6886
ZoSo

The Degenerates
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9077196/
Old 31st October 2018, 20:45     #6887
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I am really enjoying DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Some line has been crossed between mid-season-2 and the mid-season-3 that I'm up to, and the show is now awesome. It's gone from being a cheap Doctor Who knockoff with superheroes to being an expensive Bill & Ted knockoff with superheroes. It's bonkers and totally self-aware of how bonkers it is.
Old 1st November 2018, 17:49     #6888
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
Titans

Only two episodes out so far, but already better than I expected. Usual cheese, but significantly better than most of the other current superhero TV shows.

IMDB
Trailer
My new hobby is reading 1 star reviews of 'Teen titans' fanchise shows/movies and laughing at the butthurtness.

"Please do not watch this garbage if you're a fan of Teen Titans! This is nothing like that series & it's not promising enough. I barely watched the first episode & almost puked!"

"I am a fan of cannon and this is not cannon."

"I really hope they havn't planned more seasons as it is unlikely they will get it with this level of work, unless they get more bots or what ever these 10 star people with computer generated names are."
Old 6th November 2018, 10:22     #6889
StN
I have detailed files

tWD : Exit of Rick Grimes.

Not bad - I've stuck with it, and I think it's turned.

Final flash forward was a bit cheesy though - perhaps it is post the series merge and newly announced three Andrew Lincoln movies - she had a shiny Magnum afterall..
Old 6th November 2018, 11:16     #6890
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
tWD : Exit of Rick Grimes.

Not bad - I've stuck with it, and I think it's turned.

Final flash forward was a bit cheesy though - perhaps it is post the series merge and newly announced three Andrew Lincoln movies - she had a shiny Magnum afterall..
Last nights ep felt like a season finale! I'm excited for how it's going to go from here.. plus, finally the character with my name is on it! 😬
Old 6th November 2018, 12:14     #6891
blynk

I was surprised, i didn't expect both things.

I thought it was too early for Rick.
or the whole jump forward 6 years. Being mid series is very interesting
Then looking it up, i read about the planned movies. Currently sceptical about how a movie would go.
Old 6th November 2018, 12:29     #6892
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
I was surprised, i didn't expect both things.

I thought it was too early for Rick.
or the whole jump forward 6 years. Being mid series is very interesting
Then looking it up, i read about the planned movies. Currently sceptical about how a movie would go.

the 'movies' are just REALLY long episodes, probably
Old 7th November 2018, 11:44     #6893
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
the 'movies' are just REALLY long episodes, probably
Maybe, but to make a movie out of it (or are they just TV movies), then it needs to be more than just an episode.
It will need all the movie elements, so rather than a long episode it would have to be a shortened season.
Old 10th December 2018, 20:39     #6894
Lightspeed

Holy crap

I thought Travellers had been cancelled, but I just saw there's a trailer for season 3!

So excited.
Old 10th December 2018, 21:49     #6895
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Legends of Tomorrow has reached Buffy levels of self-awareness. It is gold.
Old 21st January 2019, 18:48     #6896
Lightspeed

I thought this article was interesting:

‘You’ was ignored on Lifetime. Then it blew up on Netflix. What does it mean for TV’s future?
Old 28th January 2019, 12:28     #6897
crocos

The New Legends of Monkey is even more cringe-worthy than I thought it would be. And not in the so-bad-its-good, self-aware way of it's predecessor, Monkey Magic.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 29th January 2019, 00:16     #6898
Lightspeed

The Good Place: S3E11

The social commentary is cutting and fantastic.

Michael's line about Nazis was perfect.
Old 29th January 2019, 10:33     #6899
Cyberbob

Quote:

There were so many awesome moments. The Need-Noggle scarf, the IHOP, teeth-flatteners and bees with penises..
Old 29th January 2019, 14:22     #6900
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

So many.
Old 29th January 2019, 21:21     #6901
ceer

Quote:

I'm assuming ep12 and 13 are combined into one?, ep 11 says ep37 and ep12 (or 13) both the same says ep 39.
Old 29th January 2019, 21:39     #6902
Lightspeed

I think there's just 12 episodes.
Old 31st January 2019, 10:53     #6903
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Old 14th February 2019, 22:35     #6904
Savage

Letterkenny

Very Napoleon Dynamite'ish; a good laugh
Old 20th February 2019, 15:17     #6905
[fe]

Nightflyers is pretty terrible. Sopranos in contrast still holds up James Gandolfini ftw.
Old 21st February 2019, 14:25     #6906
Lightspeed

Old 24th February 2019, 14:01     #6907
StN
I have detailed files

Crikey - for those of you who can handle the emotional rollercoaster that is Netflix's "Behind the Curve" buckle yourself in.

You'll want to be physically violent. At one stage, you might even feel empathy (don't worry - it's fleeting) and then you are overcome with warmth as abject stupidity is shown (Hint, the green button is between the seats...).

The prophecies of Mike Judge are scarily hinted at, but from what I can tell from comments later in the movie, they don't bump uglies. (He did dodge a bullet though - Vegan flat Earther anti-vax catlady FFS…)

And the whole laser proof experiment is so comical that the margin for error drowns out any observations.

The best part was the Nasa people commenting that they have failed as stimulating clearly curious minds to think critically and utilise the scientific method is on them. They even encouraged dialog so that they can be shown the way - but their minds were strangely closed.

Tim Berners-Lee I place some of the blame on you - you facilitated a platform where anyone can express an opinion with flashing lights and auto-correct, but not stating the obvious that to do this you have to stand on the shoulders of giants.
Old 4th March 2019, 21:46     #6908
crocos

Umbrella Academy Season 2?

Old 24th March 2019, 00:01     #6909
Lightspeed

I watched the first episode of Love, Death & Robots. Trigger warning, no jokes. Very compelling. Reminded me of The Animatrix.
Old 24th March 2019, 22:04     #6910
Savage

Quote:
I watched the first episode of Love, Death & Robots. Trigger warning, no jokes. Very compelling. Reminded me of The Animatrix.

Animatrix x Black Mirror = Love Death and Robots
Old 25th March 2019, 23:56     #6911
StN
I have detailed files

The Walking Dead S09E15.

Ok, so I was fully expecting this to be the pike episode, but more surprised at the characters that didn't get the ick, than those that did. And they built it up to make me think that too.

Well played.

Time for Michonne to dig up a bat and unleash the Negan.
Old 26th March 2019, 11:06     #6912
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
The Walking Dead S09E15.

Ok, so I was fully expecting this to be the pike episode, but more surprised at the characters that didn't get the ick, than those that did. And they built it up to make me think that too.

Well played.

Time for Michonne to dig up a bat and unleash the Negan.
What a build up, definitely didn't expect some of those!
Old 4th April 2019, 17:48     #6913
Lightspeed

Has anyone seen Ghost Wars? It's a mystery/horror/sci-fi.

I spotted it on Netflix, thought the name was awesome but assumed the show would be terrible. Then I saw that Meat Loaf and Vincent D'Onofrio were in the cast and figured it would be worth checking out. And it was damn good! Surprisingly spooky and interesting.
Old 5th April 2019, 14:46     #6914
Lightspeed

Cowboy Bebop live action coming along:
‘Cowboy Bebop’: John Cho, Mustafa Shakir Among Four Cast in Netflix Live-Action Series

They haven't cast Ed yet. I saw someone suggest Tioreore Ngatai-Melbourne, with Taika Waititi playing her Dad. Which would be freakin' awesome.
Old 6th April 2019, 00:13     #6915
Nich

^^^ fuck yes. Also, please get Yoko Kano to do the music
Old 6th April 2019, 00:39     #6916
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

^^^
Old 8th April 2019, 14:23     #6917
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
^^^ fuck yes. Also, please get Yoko Kano to do the music
Heck yes. Totally puts the Bebop in Cowboy Bebop

Old 9th April 2019, 01:08     #6918
Lightspeed

Santa Clarita Diet is hilarious. And not just cause Timothy Olyphant is so dreamy. He's got great comedy chops too!
Old 14th April 2019, 21:25     #6919
StN
I have detailed files

Yeah - so all our My-Sky boxes are set for 13:00 tomorrow, and I'll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/jsYAYXeVtoM
Old 15th April 2019, 15:24     #6920
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Work
Hi all,

April’s theme is all about Connecting with family, friends & colleagues.

As some of you may know, the highly anticipated final season of Game of Thrones season airs today at 1pm.

With a raft of GOT fans at HQ, you can join your fellow work GOT fans to view the first episode in the L1 kitchen today. BYO lunch.
1, that is such a random thing to be doing. Lets join together for a show that includes violence, rape, incest etc etc.

2, I wonder if they ever thought about how many deaths and backstabbing has been done by Friends, Family & Colleagues in GoT.

lol