Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24th June 2021, 14:58     #1361
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Question

Who from the "all vaccines are safe" brigade wants to volunteer for the Chinese vaccine?
Old 24th June 2021, 15:07     #1362
fixed_truth

Is your concern because it's untested on humans or because it's Chinese?
Old 24th June 2021, 15:15     #1363
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

Do I have to choose just one option?
Old 24th June 2021, 15:16     #1364
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Who from the "all vaccines are safe" brigade wants to volunteer for the Chinese vaccine?
Cause there's no balanced understanding of vaccines it's either all vaccines are bad or all vaccines are good.

Quote:
Do I have to choose just one option?
Oh my sweet lolz, this is beautiful.

Once again I am comforted by how people with certain views are thick as shit.
Old 24th June 2021, 15:58     #1365
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

So you're going to volunteer? Please do.
Old 24th June 2021, 16:04     #1366
Lightspeed

Fascinating. You really can't find a balanced way to think about the topic, can you?
Old 24th June 2021, 16:46     #1367
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

But are you going to volunteer for this vaccine trial? And why or why not.

I don't care what you think of ME. I want to know what you think of taking a new experimental Chinese vaccine. Because obviously the article is promoting the trial, and I'm personally saying "no thanks".

I was curious what other people think, who clearly think differently to me about the previous vaccines. This thread is about COVID, not me or you. Let's keep it that way.
Old 24th June 2021, 16:53     #1368
Lightspeed

I don't sign up for medical trials. My circumstance compel me to minimise the risk of unforeseen circumstances.

Sorry, I didn't quite catch your justification for withholding your own views?

The thread's about whatever we make it about, your efforts to control the frame are noted.
Old 24th June 2021, 17:05     #1369
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Come on man if anyone knows how Sars-cov2 works it’s the Chinese right?
Old 24th June 2021, 17:12     #1370
Lightspeed

lololz

It's going to be difficult to hide the actual effectiveness of these vaccines in the population. Pretty hard to hide the fact that people are still dying.
Old 24th June 2021, 19:25     #1371
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Is your concern because it's untested on humans or because it's Chinese?

Quote:
FBI Director Chris Wray testifies that the bureau is opening a new China related counterintelligence investigation every 10-12 hours.
lol, China.
Old 24th June 2021, 19:48     #1372
Lightspeed

They should be, right? While our intelligence agencies are out chasing scary Muslims and other brown types so our leadership can show off to their electorates that the right people in charge, China can focus their efforts where they're actually effectively. They can be effective while we fight the boogeyman.
Old 24th June 2021, 19:51     #1373
xor

Nice spin, Jeremy the psychopathic racist
Old 24th June 2021, 19:52     #1374
Lightspeed

Who are you talking to?
Old 30th June 2021, 16:44     #1375
Nich

Attempted suicide rates among Victorian teenagers soar by 184 per cent in past six months, Kids Helpline reveals
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...3#bottom-share

"It's all about saving lives"
Old 30th June 2021, 17:10     #1376
Lightspeed

o_O

What is so hateful about balance?

The US has had half a million deaths. You reckon they would have had half a million suicides if they didn't lock down?
Old 1st July 2021, 14:03     #1377
Nich

Theres little balance in Australia with state & federal bickering via press conference. Victoria only this week received federal funding for a dedicated quarantine centre (as opposed to disaster hotels), and last month mental health funding received a big boost.

However, given there is bugger all building materials available in Aus the centre may not even be built or will be cut back to fit within budget. And it will take time to build bigger, better services to deal with mental health crises.

Pretty much all our quarantine mishaps occur in the quarantine hotels, and our lockdowns occur because of quarantine mishaps. To me, this is the government intending to inflict more harm, but telling us it's the state gov's fault, fed gov's fault, COVIDidiots' fault.

Last edited by Nich : 1st July 2021 at 14:04.
Old 1st July 2021, 14:19     #1378
crocos

Scotty from Marketing fucking up the country again. No real surprise there.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st July 2021, 14:30     #1379
Lightspeed

Australian politics are a cesspit from what I've seen. But you can still count on the self-interest of politicians. I don't think anyone sees a benefit from a general cull of the population. More likely they're tripping over their contradictions, the consequences of which they're usually able to foist onto little people without a voice.

But eventually one way or another our shit catches up with us. Kind of lucky it's a force of nature giving things a shake out rather than things getting so bad they collapse from within.
Old 1st July 2021, 15:46     #1380
crocos

You've got a surprisingly positive view of Australian federal politics. They basically have their noses buried so deep in whatever feedbags they can find because so much of what they do doesn't involve interacting with real people even if it impacts them.

I'm surprised their Covid response is as good as it is - and that's actually pretty shit.

Old 2nd July 2021, 14:15     #1381
Lightspeed

I feel it might sound like I'm contradicting myself, at least somewhere along the line.

But competence exists somewhere, right? Keeping a country running doesn't just happen. And it takes more than luck to respond to a pandemic effectively. Which it has been. There are plenty of stark failures to compare with.

It's just the competency isn't with elected politicians. Corrupt politics do eventually chip away at the civil service|deep state. And all politicians who enjoy extended stints in power can be expected to become corrupt, which we're seeing in Aus.
Old 7th July 2021, 13:17     #1382
Lightspeed

I have a friend, officer of rank in the Canadian armed forces. He thinks that COVID is part of the doctrine the PLA established over 10 years ago (along with economic and infrastructure attacks). It was ignored at the time, not considered warfare, but he's claiming current 5-Eyes briefings are presented as if the threat was always known and treated seriously.

Now, I still don't believe anything one way or the other. But it fits with what we've seen, our intelligence blinded by bigotry, our leaders too assured of their positions.
Old 7th July 2021, 13:55     #1383
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
all politicians who enjoy extended stints in power can be expected to become corrupt, which we're seeing in Aus.
It has always been that way in Aus. All Australian politics is corrupt. City councils, State govt, Federal govt.

In the State and Federal levels, the Labor party is owned by the unions and the Liberal party is owned by big business which in Australia means steel, coal, and gas. The National party is a minor party that gives the Liberal party enough votes to form a government and is a party of NSW and Queensland farming interests.
Old 7th July 2021, 14:11     #1384
Lightspeed

Reminds me, I saw this quote just recently, misattributed to Twain:

"Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason."

Actual source
Old 7th July 2021, 14:13     #1385
Lightspeed

Yes, they're corrupt. But how effective are they at being corrupt? That's why you want a churn of politicians. You don't want anyone getting to comfy with the levers of power.
Old 7th July 2021, 14:48     #1386
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well, one of the problems with the collapse of union membership and the general irrelevance of unions to workers' daily lives is that the Australian Left doesn't have suitcases of money turning up before elections like it used to. So it's harder to get the steel/coal/gas politicians out of power.
Old 7th July 2021, 15:46     #1387
Nich

Maybe if the Left takes more money from big pharma than the Right they might get in. Who knows what they would offer in return, perhaps full spectrum legal and ethical immunity. And then god help us a country of lab experiments.

Quote:
I have a friend, officer of rank in the Canadian armed forces. He thinks that COVID is part of the doctrine the PLA established over 10 years ago (along with economic and infrastructure attacks). It was ignored at the time, not considered warfare, but he's claiming current 5-Eyes briefings are presented as if the threat was always known and treated seriously.

Now, I still don't believe anything one way or the other. But it fits with what we've seen, our intelligence blinded by bigotry, our leaders too assured of their positions.
Yep. If you take that to be true, how would it prove itself to be true to the pleb? How about Chinese vaccine injections not being recognised by US, UK, Aus governments?
Old 7th July 2021, 15:50     #1388
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Who knows what they would offer in return, perhaps full spectrum legal and ethical immunity. And then god help us a country of lab experiments.
Hello welcome to the internet surveillance industry, have Amazon/Google/Facebook started paying taxes yet?
Old 7th July 2021, 15:57     #1389
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Yep. If you take that to be true, how would it prove itself to be true to the pleb? How about Chinese vaccine injections not being recognised by US, UK, Aus governments?
I suspect that's more an efficacy issue. It looks like places relying on this vaccine aren't enjoying the expected results.
Old 7th July 2021, 22:14     #1390
Lightspeed

Quote:
But you can still count on the self-interest of politicians. I don't think anyone sees a benefit from a general cull of the population.
With the UK's apparent decision I'm wondering if I'm wrong.
Old 8th July 2021, 11:25     #1391
crocos

Quote:
With the UK's apparent decision I'm wondering if I'm wrong.
With the recent announcement by ScoMo and co to move to a "manage" strategy instead of "contain" (not that they were ever going for "eliminate") despite having relatively fuck all of the most vulnerable populations vaccinated, I'm wondering if Aussie isn't heading that way too.

Old 14th July 2021, 08:05     #1392
StN
I have detailed files

FFS - got my SMS invite to make an appointment with code etc. Get to website, and no available timeslots in my area. Try multiple areas. All full.

Should have mentioned, did this within 2 minutes of receiving txt. Another chap at work got his code yesterday afternoon - they slotted him in at 9:30pm on a Wednesday.

I understand the required method is to build a bot and hammer the website in case of cancellations.

Old 14th July 2021, 08:10     #1393
StN
I have detailed files

Bah - rookie mistake - enter the code and then the questions, and you're in!

Bloody code box should be on the front page!

Last edited by StN : 14th July 2021 at 08:12.
Old 16th July 2021, 11:30     #1394
StN
I have detailed files

Of all the places I have had to visit overseas for technical work reasons, the Melbourne people seem to be the most savvy. It has been quite a while though, so maybe the current level of ret@rdedness is generational?

covid-19-coronavirus-victoria-outbreak-grows-by-6-after-anti-lockdown-protests-in-melbourne-cbd
Old 16th July 2021, 12:14     #1395
Nich

Just people who have decided guarranteed damage from lockdowns is worse than potential damage from COVID.
Old 16th July 2021, 12:24     #1396
Lightspeed

Oof, I have no sympathy for you there.
Old 16th July 2021, 12:37     #1397
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
lololz

It's going to be difficult to hide the actual effectiveness of these vaccines in the population. Pretty hard to hide the fact that people are still dying.
When objective reality and tribal signalling clash, tribal signalling wins. E.g. "men and women are biologically different"
Old 16th July 2021, 12:45     #1398
Nich

I can see it from their perspective. I'm surprised you can't. More social isolation, more loss of income, more doom scrolling, more likely their business will close. They have reached breaking point. But the correct view is that they've been following the wrong people on facebook and they are being selfish.
Old 16th July 2021, 13:10     #1399
Lightspeed

Maybe it's my sadism coming out? Seeing the rich suffer the consequences of their actions for a change. This being one time the consequences of calamity can't be thrust onto the vulnerable, as the powerful are wont to do. The new poor crying as they discover that their mantra of "personal responsibility" falls apart when it's their turn to have some responsibility.

Maybe I'm just grandiose in thinking I see a wider perspective?
Old 16th July 2021, 13:32     #1400
StN
I have detailed files

...and that's why ScoMo is now publicly deflecting the spotlight by denying the Maccas soiling incident.