NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 6th October 2022, 13:21     #441
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The really crazy bit is the little-known fact that when Lenny Kravitz wrote the lyric "I want to get away" in 1998, the Russian conscriptions hadn't even been announced yet.
Old 6th October 2022, 14:41     #442
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
These Russian torture chambers that are being found are so fucking chilling:

https://nakipelo.ua/v-odnij-z-kative...ymy-protezamy/

Of course it could be all fake and staged. Not sure where you'd come up with the teeth, perhaps a local dentist?
Yeah - rumour has it that most dentists have a collection of redone crowns when they replace old gold with ceramic. Makes sense that a subset of them may have strange basement fetishes involving gas masks and dildoes.
Old 6th October 2022, 15:09     #443
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Exactly.
Civil Society 2.0
https://www.flickr.com/photos/usemba...7632893215416/

The narrative is so absurd that even Reuters fact-check had to pump the brakes:
Fact Check-Video of queues at Russia-Finland border was taken more than three weeks before Vladimir Putin’s partial mobilisation announcement
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N30U1HK
It's an interesting talking point actually.
Of course we are all hyper vigilant for national govt and media brainwashing it's own citizens with fake news, and rightly so.
Of course this spills over internationally given the internet.

But totally tangential to that is wartime propaganda.
Literal information warfare.
Propaganda has always been a part of war on all sides, directed at all sides.
Somehow it feels much more like a valid, acceptable strategy in a war context - if anything it does definitely feel *different*
If one is willing to or is forced to break down to physical violent combat, then why should the information landscape not be included if it can advance the same ends.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 6th October 2022 at 15:13.
Old 6th October 2022, 15:41     #444
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Remember back at the start of the invasion there were all sorts of heroic Ukraine resistance videos that turned out to be in-game clips from Arma 3 and DCS World.

edit: like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBBJ_JzV8u4
Old 6th October 2022, 16:36     #445
Nich

Former CIA Agent John Stockwell Talks about How the CIA Worked in Vietnam and Elsewhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1tfkESPVY
Quote:
Reporter: What does the CIA do?
CIA: Create war
Reporter: What else do you do?
CIA: We manipulate the news
Reporter: How do you mean?
CIA: Foreign governments work with us to plant false stories
Reporter: And the reporters believe it?
CIA: Yes! They are on our payroll

Been going on a loooonnnnng time...
Old 6th October 2022, 16:48     #446
_indigo1

What is this in reply to?
Old 6th October 2022, 16:55     #447
Nich

Your comment, the information war, the propaganda intended for Western audiences.

It was relatively unsophisticated in the 1980's: Spooks provoking civil unrest, planting stories in the press to control how the message is delivered to western audiences.

Now its NGOs, foreign aid, thought leadership, and social media training... oh and using snipers to shoot both clans to provoke civil unrest.
Old 6th October 2022, 16:58     #448
_indigo1

Ahh ok. Didn't really address what I commented which is why I asked.
However I don't think that your statement is news to anyone.
Old 6th October 2022, 17:09     #449
Nich

No, I know. Just thought the interview was refreshing. A CIA whistleblower saying world peace or war and public perception is CIA's playground, out enjoying sunshine, on a primetime investigative journalism TV show.

These days if the criticism is right on target with proof the person gets tied up in rape accusations, citizenship revoked, solitary confinement, sexual abuse.
Old 6th October 2022, 17:50     #450
Nich

or you merely are less hawkish, which gets you added to the Ukrainian hit list by Zelenskyi's head of military PR:
https://twitter.com/arestovych/statu...26215013019648
"We work promptly"

Elon Musk suggested diplomatic peace, the reaction to this signals to the rest of us this is wrongthink. "Peace!? We haven't even tested our Israeli / NATO nerve gas or AI weaponry yet!"
Old 6th October 2022, 18:21     #451
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

Spooks provoking civil unrest, planting stories in the press to control how the message is delivered to western audiences.

Now its NGOs, foreign aid, thought leadership, and social media training... oh and using snipers to shoot both clans to provoke civil unrest.
All these disinformation techniques were pioneered by Russian Imperial state security services in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Russia is the OG at this stuff.
Old 6th October 2022, 18:31     #452
Lightspeed

Yeah, and that's credited as why the Nazi's were so able to compel the citizens of occupied regions to their death. The people in charge tell you to do something? You do it.

I think it was this absolutely horrifying episode of The War Against Humanity that made this point:

The Rape of Humanity at Babi Yar - War Against Humanity 019 - September 1941 Pt. 2

I don't recommend watching it unless you're feeling particularly resilient.
Old 7th October 2022, 09:57     #453
Nich

'We're hunting them down and shooting them like pigs': How the Ukrainians are taking brutal revenge on the collaborators who've betrayed their neighbours - and country - to the Russians
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter_mailonline

Quote:
(justification justification justification)
Others are being tracked down and slaughtered by resistance fighters. A list passed to this newspaper by a Kyiv government source identifies 29 such retribution killings, with 13 more assassination attempts that left some targets wounded.

‘A hunt has been declared on collaborators and their life is not protected by law,’ said Anton Gerashchenko, an adviser to the interior ministry. ‘Our intelligence services are eliminating them, shooting them like pigs.’

These loathed ‘losers’ – the term used by one Ukrainian government minister – saw Russia’s occupation as a chance to grab power, money and status.
(justification justification justification)

Yeah, just like Bucha. Amnesty International is going to have to hire more report writers.
Old 8th October 2022, 14:26     #454
Nich

Quote:
These Russian torture chambers that are being found are so fucking chilling:

https://nakipelo.ua/v-odnij-z-kative...ymy-protezamy/

Of course it could be all fake and staged. Not sure where you'd come up with the teeth, perhaps a local dentist?

Look at this pathetic trough of news you are feeding at. Something something privilege...

Do these gold teeth really come from torture - victims?
BILD met the village - dentist – he disagreed
https://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/...9562.bild.html

and there's this terrifying anecdote from a "torture" victim:
Quote:
Volodya ( 46 ) was one of the torture - victims of Russian soldiers in Pisky - Radkivski, a neighbor had blackened him as pro Ukrainian. Volodya: „ They just took me with them. When I was beaten, they said: ‚ If you don't work with us, we'll shoot you in the legs and that's it. And the other said: ‚ Why should we shoot him in the legs, we will have to deal with him like the other. And the room, the roof of the room, was full of bullet holes. I think they wanted to scare those who were there in front of me. ”
And one of them was forced to dig a trench!
Old 8th October 2022, 14:32     #455
Lightspeed

There difference Nich is you have a constant stream of dodgy sources that get you very excited, and I post the occasional thing with a degree of scepticism.

🤷
Old 8th October 2022, 17:24     #456
Ajax
Architeuthis

There appears to have been an attack (or accident) on the Kerch Strait Bridge, with some sections collapsing. The bridge is a strategically vital link for the Russians to the Crimean Peninsula and a symbol of national pride for them. Interesting days ahead.
Old 9th October 2022, 00:36     #457
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Look at this pathetic trough of news you are feeding at. Something something privilege...

Do these gold teeth really come from torture - victims?
BILD met the village - dentist – he disagreed
https://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/...9562.bild.html

and there's this terrifying anecdote from a "torture" victim:

And one of them was forced to dig a trench!
Nich, I respect your desire to find underlying truths - but please remember there are PLENTY of "alternate truth's" out there. The war on the ground is real. Real people are dying; soldiers AND civilians. Russia is walking Ukrainians onto buses and taking them into Russia, which in itself is a war crime. Verified video's have been circulated of Russian soldiers torturing and executing soldiers AND civilians.

I'm not saying that Ukraine has no blood on it's hands, but this has likely cost multiples higher more lives in the Donbas and Luhansk region in 9 months than the purported numbers prior to the war.

Answer me a couple of questions.

1) Why should Ukraine let Russia keep it's newly annexed territories or even Crimea?
2) Why should the world not be funneling arms, aid and financial backing into the Ukraine army?
3) What is your desired outcome of this war?
Old 9th October 2022, 01:41     #458
Lightspeed

Ukraine hints that it sabotaged a crucial bridge linking Russia and Crimea to spite Putin on his 70th birthday
Old 9th October 2022, 02:26     #459
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 9th October 2022, 12:43     #460
Lightspeed

It sounds like it was a truck bomb. So was that suicide bomber?
Old 9th October 2022, 13:12     #461
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigga*happY
1) Why should Ukraine let Russia keep it's newly annexed territories or even Crimea?
2) Why should the world not be funneling arms, aid and financial backing into the Ukraine army?
3) What is your desired outcome of this war?
1. Ukraine ceased to be sovereign in 2014. No geopolitical power gives a fuck what Ukraine wants. Russia will have it's way with Ukraine, US / NATO will have it's way with Ukraine. They can squirm and pick side if they want, but it's a spit roast.

2. Because it depletes our own supplies, and when Russia starts marching across the hard frozen ground of Ukraine, when China starts sailing across to Taiwan NATO will have no dry powder, all our weapons are already twisted metal strewn across Ukraine. All we'll have is a bunch of weapons supply contracts with USA / Israel to be fulfilled by 2030.

3. Biden calls Putin NOW. Make it public. De-escalate. Problem is, Biden has spent his entire career transforming Ukraine from a producer exporter to a consumer importer to provoke Russia. He's finally got the fight he wanted, so god help us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd7_8EGf0NE

Last edited by Nich : 9th October 2022 at 13:14.
Old 9th October 2022, 13:14     #462
Lightspeed

Quote:
1. Ukraine ceased to be sovereign in 2014.
Someone should let Ukrainians know.
Old 9th October 2022, 13:27     #463
Nich

Exactly the same play to dismantle Yugoslavia is being used to dismantle Ukraine.

then:
-KLA terrorist militia
-Putting civilian croatians near towns where KLA was attacking serbian civilians, hoping for a retaliation (they got it, then NATO could drop bombs)
-Fake mass graves
-"parents naming their babies Madeline [Albright]" propaganda
-EU dismantling local industry through bombing, subsidising EU products for import undercutting local product prices, then buying local businesses when they go bust
-Yugoslavia turned from producer, to consumer
-Debt goes up 10x, then they need loans to pay existing debt...

now:
-AZOV battalion
-Attacking Donbass and ethnic Russians hoping for retaliation (they got it)
-fake mass graves
-parents naming their children "Javelin", "javelina" because they love the anti-tank weapon. Propaganda
-EU turning Ukraine from a producer exporter to a consumer importer (Ukraine went from coal exporter pre-2014, to coal importer (USA coal) post-2014)
-Debt debt debt ...
Old 9th October 2022, 13:47     #464
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
No no, there was a referendum and 99.7% of the bridge voted to join the sea.
Old 9th October 2022, 14:51     #465
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
A few possibilities spring to mind:

- the driver was unaware of the bomb
- the driver was a terminally ill volunteer
- the driver was a healthy volunteer
- the driver was compelled to do it (e.g. via blackmail)
Old 9th October 2022, 16:42     #466
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

- the truck had no human driver
- the truck had a human driver who got out and left the truck at the scene
Old 9th October 2022, 17:01     #467
blynk

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
No no, there was a referendum and 99.7% of the bridge voted to join the sea.
Too LOL
Old 9th October 2022, 17:27     #468
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
- the truck had no human driver
The truck was stopped and searched before driving over the bridge. Unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
- the truck had a human driver who got out and left the truck at the scene
Watch the bridgecam video of the explosion - this is also unlikely.

https://twitter.com/lopatonok/status...41212210577408
Old 9th October 2022, 18:11     #469
Nich

Quote:
Someone should let Ukrainians know.
SEVEN DECADES OF NAZI COLLABORATION: AMERICA’S DIRTY LITTLE UKRAINE SECRET
https://fpif.org/seven-decades-nazi-...kraine-secret/

DYOR... dig deep to your Year 7, Year 9 acquired skills:
-Mykola Lebed
-Prolog Research Corporation
-Project AERODYNAMIC

Last edited by Nich : 9th October 2022 at 18:12.
Old 9th October 2022, 18:30     #470
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Too LOL
Full disclosure I did not come up with that, I just couldn't be bothered looking for where I saw it (and lol'd) while on a phone. It was:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...54150363381760
Old 9th October 2022, 21:12     #471
Lightspeed

facepalm

Quote:
DYOR
Delude yourself of reason?
Old 9th October 2022, 22:01     #472
Nich

You said yourself that you're glad CIA are involved behind the scenes in Ukraine, because of how capable they are. Do you think -- after 70 years of cultivating a fascist Nazi regime in Ukraine to use as a battering ram against Russia -- that they have failed?

That's a rhetorical question, I see no value engaging with you on this.
Old 9th October 2022, 22:18     #473
Lightspeed

facepalm

So what was the value of your comment? More dopamine?
Old 10th October 2022, 15:04     #474
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh god the Sam Hyde meme has mated with the bridge bombing and people are falling for it
Old 10th October 2022, 23:17     #475
Lightspeed

Missile attacks hit cities across Ukraine

This is from Kyiv:

https://v.redd.it/4uhyao9qdxs91
Old 10th October 2022, 23:46     #476
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
A few possibilities spring to mind:

- the driver was unaware of the bomb
- the driver was a terminally ill volunteer
- the driver was a healthy volunteer
- the driver was compelled to do it (e.g. via blackmail)
Who, could have done it.... maybe the bridge just caught fire (NYT)... we just can't figure this one out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSUEAsAgE-s

and war crimes (NSFW, NSFL):
https://thedreizinreport.com/2022/10/09/war-crimes-2/
Old 11th October 2022, 00:59     #477
Nich

How it started:
The US Is Antagonizing Russia in Ukraine (Michael Hudson, 2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E-EoOkLF_g

How it's going:
Quote:
Old 11th October 2022, 07:33     #478
Ajax
Architeuthis

Nich get back on the Thorazine.
Old 11th October 2022, 10:22     #479
Nich

What I observe, Ajax, is you have a clear preference to witness the atrocities of Russia without acknowledging that Ukraine government / army is smeared with shit also. The difference is the Ukranazi shitheads are all over Tik Tok, Twitter openly uploading videos of dipping bullets in pig fat, loading civilian bodies into mass graves, urinating on dead soldiers, cooking severed heads in pots, maintaining a kill list of journalists.

The difference is, my tax-payer dollars are supporting and prolonging this conflict (Bush Masters, lol) and I don't support either side but I sure as hell DO NOT support a CIA-created nazi fascist regime that hunts down civilians like pigs, rapes them, then loads them into mass graves.

Then the news agencies of the world write about it happening, but it's ... celebrating (DailyMail UK), and the justification is that supposedly Russia is just as bad in this war, according to Ukrainian officials?

Well, if Ukraine would actually let Amnesty International on site we'd be able to confirm that. Amnesty International already found that Ukraine is committing war crimes based on it's military positioning alone, to which Ukraine responded by keeping them out.

Shame on anyone who hoists the Ukraine flag cleerleading the Ukraine government and army. Idiots.

EXPOSED: Before Ukraine blew up Kerch Bridge, British spies plotted it
https://thegrayzone.com/2022/10/10/u...-kerch-bridge/

Quote:
“I’m going to have a chat with Chris [Donnelly] and confirm with him what he’s prepared for me to release,” Ward told The Grayzone, when asked directly if he drafted the “audacious” plan.

Asked again to confirm his role in the blueprint, Ward paused, then said: “I can not confirm that. I’ll have a chat with Chris first.”
Old 11th October 2022, 13:01     #480
Cyberbob

Keep in mind that thegreyzone has a "Low" MBFC Credibility Rating and "Mixed" factual reporting, both in line with Fox News, and only a smidge above Daily Mail.

As for who checks the checkers, that's as deep as I go. Feel free to go all inception on this shit.