Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 2nd December 2010, 23:05     #3721
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
Sons of Anarchy s03e13, EPIC!!!!
Damn...haven't seen it yet...been saving up the last few eps to watch...such an awesome series.
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:50     #3722
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

i actually lost a lot of interest during season 3. s03e13 made up for it HUGELY. that's how you end a fucking season.

that's up there with usain bolt get a 9.5x 100m time.
Old 4th December 2010, 09:39     #3723
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

If you have watched the latest episode of the Misfits you'll know what this is about.."Jailbreak Auto"..
Old 4th December 2010, 10:16     #3724
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
If you have watched the latest episode of the Misfits you'll know what this is about.."Jailbreak Auto"..
super awesome fun times. did the first level. car does the mean donuts.
Old 4th December 2010, 14:46     #3725
Lightspeed

Holy crap, I am loving watching Star Trek TNG. They all grin so much!
Old 4th December 2010, 14:54     #3726
Caesar

New Top Chef has started.
Bringing back the runners up that didn't win in previous seasons.
Old 5th December 2010, 10:31     #3727
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
New Top Chef has started.
Bringing back the runners up that didn't win in previous seasons.
Yeah its pretty damn good...

I struggled to get in to the Top Chef Dessert series...I find all the contestants dull as wallpaper glue
Old 5th December 2010, 10:49     #3728
_Incubus_

We started watching Boardwalk Empire...awesome series set during the prohibition.. Scorsese, Steve Buscemi..great period series. It's like the Sopranos set during the roaring 20's
Old 5th December 2010, 12:27     #3729
IceFox

+1 for boardwalk, very cool!
Old 6th December 2010, 22:32     #3730
StN
I have detailed files

Walking Dead

Ok - I haven't read the graphic novels yet - did the doctor tell the cop that his wife was preggers based on the blood test?
Old 6th December 2010, 22:39     #3731
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

ooh I was wondering about that.. You're probably right!
Old 6th December 2010, 22:46     #3732
StN
I have detailed files

Wait - that was the season finale?
Old 6th December 2010, 23:01     #3733
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Yep
Old 6th December 2010, 23:46     #3734
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

As seen on Dexter..
Old 6th December 2010, 23:46     #3735
fidgit
Always itchy

As someone that's read the comics but not watched beyond episode 1 (not gonna let the fuckers hook me then cancel, been waiting for a full season to watch): Doctor? Lol.

Pretty sure Laurie takes a pregnancy test in the comics. She tells Rick she's pregnant, but doesn't tell him she had an affair. Rick never found out (though he suggested he was aware of the possibility but refused to acknowledge it could be the case, as it would be too crushing for him to deal with that as well).

Wait wait wait - we're talking about Walking Dead right?

The more I think about it I can't remember any doctors. They do encounter a vet at one point, who becomes the groups defacto surgeon, but that's way ahead of where it sounds like the show is up to.

Last edited by fidgit : 6th December 2010 at 23:48.
Old 6th December 2010, 23:49     #3736
fidgit
Always itchy

Goodness, The Walking Dead is sitting at 9.3 on IMDB. Impressive!
Old 7th December 2010, 00:01     #3737
fidgit
Always itchy

Hey how's this for dedicated?

The scene from the comic:
Laurie stands alone, away from the group, hugging herself. Rick approaches.

Rick: Laurie, is everything OK?
Laurie: No Rick.
Laurie: I'm pregnant.
<END ISSUE 7>

<START ISSUE 8>
Rick: Pregnant? How long?
Laurie: I don't know... a week... Two. My periods haven't been regular since the beginning. All this stress I suppose.
Rick: Are you sure?
Laurie: I'm sure. I know exactly what it feels like. No doubt in my mind-- I'm pregnant.
Rick: What are we going to do?
Laurie: I don't know.
Laurie: I'm asking you.

They return to the group

<someone who's name I've forgotten but who's zombie bait in like 3 issues so it doesn't matter>: Everything OK?
Laurie: I'm pregnant. I just wanted to tell Rick first.
Rick: We're going to have a baby.

the group looks stunned.

<same guy again>Um... WOW. I just--I don't know what to say.
Rick: "Congratulations" has worked for years
<guy>: Sorry Rick... I'm just worried. We got no doctors, no hospital. What are you going to do?
Rick: We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We're going to be fine, Allen (oh that guy was Allen! Ok well, spoiler - Allen doesn't make it) This is good news.

So yep - no doctor doin' nuthin' in the comic version.

(time it took to do this I probably coulda just scanned the thing and posted the pages heh)

Last edited by fidgit : 7th December 2010 at 00:02.
Old 7th December 2010, 16:23     #3738
ZoSo

Liking 'The Trip' with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon improvising it on a supposed 'working road trip'. Some of the impressions are great.
Old 7th December 2010, 20:38     #3739
Nothing

Walking Dead: Is it just me, or do other people think that the red-neck guy was retarded to cut his hand off? He had a hack saw, surely it couldn't have taken that much longer to cut through the chain links on the hand cuffs than it took him to cut his own hand off?
Old 7th December 2010, 20:42     #3740
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Walking Dead: Is it just me, or do other people think that the red-neck guy was retarded to cut his hand off? He had a hack saw, surely it couldn't have taken that much longer to cut through the chain links on the hand cuffs than it took him to cut his own hand off?
Well they explained that at the time actually, and said the saw was too blunt to cut through the handcuffs, hence the reason why we went for the hand..
Old 7th December 2010, 20:46     #3741
silva^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Liking 'The Trip' with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon improvising it on a supposed 'working road trip'. Some of the impressions are great.
Agree 100% - in fact I came to this thread just to mention this series. Final show just aired, the entire season was brilliant. As a quick synopsis for those who many not have heard of it - Steve Coogan & Rob Brydon play heightened versions of themselves on a road trip around North England. They're writing an article for a food magazine and basically are going round restaurants & Inns having a meal at each. The real gem of the show is in the banter between the two at the dinner table, full of impressions and random questions they ask each other. There is a much deeper sub-plot to the whole show which focuses on the rivalry between the two, and touches on some of their own real life feelings about each other and themselves, such as Coogans entry into Hollywood roles, turning his back on some of his comedic roots.

All in all, a brilliant 6-episode season, I highly recommend, you would easily watch it all in a single sitting.
Old 7th December 2010, 21:27     #3742
Nothing

Quote:
Well they explained that at the time actually, and said the saw was too blunt to cut through the handcuffs, hence the reason why we went for the hand..
Righto, so I see now after having gotten through E04. They didn't explain it at the time though, E03 ended with them running out onto the roof and finding the hand and having a bit of a cry about it with no explanation. The explanation didn't come till E04.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:14     #3743
chiQ
Frag-muff

I like the sound of The Trip
Old 8th December 2010, 01:35     #3744
cryocore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
As someone that's read the comics but not watched beyond episode 1 (not gonna let the fuckers hook me then cancel, been waiting for a full season to watch)
Well season 2 confirmed.

TWD is the only adaptation where I am happy that the have changed a fair bit from the source material. The tone is the same, the characters motivations and personalities are the same (for the most part), but the events are different.

I love the comic and a straight translation would have been wonderful, but an alternative route through the world is nice as it new.

I just hope the prison isnt changed too much when they get to it in the show. Also some characters need to be introduced... not having the twins would really upset me.
Old 12th December 2010, 00:04     #3745
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I have only just got around to start watching Lost Girl and am really enjoying it so far.. Feels very Supernatural/Buffy-ish, so I'm glad to have a bit of a filler while Supernatural and Smallville are on break
Old 13th December 2010, 01:01     #3746
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryocore
Well season 2 confirmed.

TWD is the only adaptation where I am happy that the have changed a fair bit from the source material. The tone is the same, the characters motivations and personalities are the same (for the most part), but the events are different.

I love the comic and a straight translation would have been wonderful, but an alternative route through the world is nice as it new.

I just hope the prison isnt changed too much when they get to it in the show. Also some characters need to be introduced... not having the twins would really upset me.
Not having the town they find after the prison would be frustrating, that pretty much defined the comic for me (at least the first 50 issues). The fact that there's zombies about pretty much becomes entirely incidental to the storyline. (plus, they need a Michonne character. Someone that's independently figured out how to keep herself alive, and wields a sword.)
Old 17th December 2010, 12:23     #3747
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Righto, so I see now after having gotten through E04. They didn't explain it at the time though, E03 ended with them running out onto the roof and finding the hand and having a bit of a cry about it with no explanation. The explanation didn't come till E04.
Was still BS, the handcuffs, sure, I would probably give pause to cutting them with a sharp hacksaw, tool steel is tuff, nah mean.

But the mild steel tie rod that they were attached to? lolz.

Also Misfits; Was starting to enjoy it (didn't really like the first season) then BAM Ninja from the future shows up. great writing guys
Old 17th December 2010, 12:28     #3748
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

The Walking Dead

struggling to get through.. took me about 4 weeks to watch the third episode and in conclusion that episode could've been left out. watched about 30mins of episode 4 last night, not really that interested in this show. sorry, just don't really enjoy it. i'm assuming episode 5 and 6 are going to blow me mind.
Old 17th December 2010, 13:01     #3749
Cyberbob

Quote:
I have only just got around to start watching Lost Girl and am really enjoying it so far.. Feels very Supernatural/Buffy-ish, so I'm glad to have a bit of a filler while Supernatural and Smallville are on break
As someone with a huge hardon for strong female leads, I really tried to watch Lost Girl.. I couldn't bring myself to watch past the second episode. It was just far far too close to True Blood, Underworld, and Heroes, and I couldn't see it pushing past those to really make it on its own.

Might get back into it, but so far it's almost painful.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 17th December 2010 at 13:02.
Old 17th December 2010, 14:05     #3750
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
As someone with a huge hardon for strong female leads, I really tried to watch Lost Girl.. I couldn't bring myself to watch past the second episode. It was just far far too close to True Blood, Underworld, and Heroes, and I couldn't see it pushing past those to really make it on its own.

Might get back into it, but so far it's almost painful.
I don't mind watching a wannabe show, it's a good timefiller while my usual ones are on break

It was a little slow to start with, but has managed to keep my attention and develop a bit more of a storyline relating to her background..
Old 17th December 2010, 21:55     #3751
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

I'm happy to find out there is another episode of the Misfits on Sunday (Misfits Christmas Special).. Nice of them to squeeze out another ep to make it 7 for the season
Old 17th December 2010, 22:05     #3752
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm happy to find out there is another episode of the Misfits on Sunday (Misfits Christmas Special).. Nice of them to squeeze out another ep to make it 7 for the season
Old 17th December 2010, 23:19     #3753
xpandnz

Battlestar Galatica. Season 1. HD DVD. Never seen the show before, started watching from the beginning, including the mini series. Seems like a great show. Real enjoying it.

Whats the rest of the series like?
Old 17th December 2010, 23:29     #3754
IceFox

Fucking fantasic is what it is, still ma fav show.
Old 17th December 2010, 23:30     #3755
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Yeah - nice Jesusy twist for Xmas. It was a bit obvious the lactose intolerant chap was going to save them all from super milkman.

Still LOLing at Walowitz's gravelly Batman voice.
Old 17th December 2010, 23:44     #3756
chiQ
Frag-muff

BSG FTW. I'd love the lot on bluray.
Old 18th December 2010, 00:10     #3757
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
BSG FTW. I'd love the lot on bluray.
I would sooo love to see that series again on BR in 1080p.
Would be soo awesome.
Old 18th December 2010, 11:22     #3758
xpandnz

The Theology is pretty cool. I loved the speech about Earth early on. Also that Dr Gias dude, if thats how you spell it, is a damn awesome actor.
Old 18th December 2010, 12:31     #3759
chiQ
Frag-muff

I think it's Gaius. He is pretty cool. He was awesome in Eureka too.
Old 18th December 2010, 13:17     #3760
MaZeR

Stargate Universe cancelled