Laserman

Old 28th January 2004, 02:32     #122
Simon
SHG

Laugh ginja - the other other red meat!

Old 28th January 2004, 02:56     #123
CCS
Stunt Pants

Every day more and more ginger babies are born, causing distress to hundreds of thousands of mothers and fathers up and down the country. With your help we can put an end to the suffering that these children cause to their parents, friends and even passers by. Dr Karl Pullmeov is heading pioneering research into the elimination of the ginger gene. Give generously and help the world become a less ginge place.

Old 28th January 2004, 03:14     #124
Dystopia

welcome back to 5th form

Old 28th January 2004, 05:19     #125
sv
simulationszeitalter

christs sake why didnt you goobers start posting pics of fine nekkid redheads instead.

Old 28th January 2004, 06:59     #126
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Re: ginja - the other other white meat!

I would have said 'the other-other red meat' myself .. but hey

(Done! - Ab)

Old 28th January 2004, 13:52     #127
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 28th January 2004, 14:20     #128
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Re: I was trying so hard to not post anything else to this thread, but

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon
best yet. nice work. so rofl.

Old 28th January 2004, 14:33     #129
Simon
SHG

But wait! The cellph-onage continues!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...ection=general

Old 28th January 2004, 14:52     #130
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Old 28th January 2004, 15:01     #131
flic
Dee Hast Mish

don't be a plonker Rodders

Old 28th January 2004, 15:03     #132
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Moo
the terms geek or morange don't offend me.
Quote:
Originally posted by Moo
I am a 21-year-old red-headed male," Mr Irwin said. "This advertisement offended me greatly.
Can we somehow work this into a QOTM?

Old 28th January 2004, 15:10     #133
Simon
SHG

QOTM? Hell, I was thinking more along the lines of "How can we forward this discussion to the Advertising Standards Authority and the news media".

Old 28th January 2004, 15:13     #134
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Only if you get rid of the golden shower / scat pictures ...

Old 28th January 2004, 15:15     #135
Bent

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiplash
They shouldn't mind too much, I mean the only thing this thread is advertising is how thoroughly owned moo is.

Old 28th January 2004, 15:36     #136
secretagentman

Old 28th January 2004, 16:07     #137
Trigger
Laserman

Old 28th January 2004, 16:07     #138
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon
QOTM? Hell, I was thinking more along the lines of "How can we forward this discussion to the Advertising Standards Authority and the news media".
?
Quote:
Originally posted by Whiplash
After moo's selfownage, the golden shower/scat pics are the best part!

Old 28th January 2004, 16:29     #139
fobski

Old 28th January 2004, 16:45     #140
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
*img*
That should replace NZG's front page

Old 28th January 2004, 16:56     #141
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Old 28th January 2004, 17:06     #142
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 28th January 2004, 17:30     #143
triki

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS

LOL @ U GINGERNUTS FUCKWIT!

Yeah, fuck you too, moo.
ROFL FUCKING MAYONAISEEEE GINJANUTS!!!

Old 28th January 2004, 19:42     #144
Cookie

Can we please not quote the actual pictures...

Last edited by Cookie : 28th January 2004 at 19:44.

Old 28th January 2004, 19:45     #145
Simon
SHG

It only has to load ONCE, Cookie.... even if it's quoted twenty times on one page.

Old 28th January 2004, 19:47     #146
Cookie

Doesn't change the fact that it's a big fat pain in the ass looking at the same picture over and over again.

Old 28th January 2004, 19:53     #147
Kroz

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
Doesn't change the fact that it's a big fat pain in the ass looking at the same picture over and over again.

Old 28th January 2004, 21:26     #148
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
You don't like his orange balls ?

Old 28th January 2004, 21:36     #149
Cookie

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
We have a wiener!

Old 28th January 2004, 22:03     #150
fobski

Quote:
We have a wiener!

Old 28th January 2004, 22:15     #151
Mr Melon
My spoon is too big!

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
Well at least he's got the whole colour co-ordination thing going on

Last edited by Mr Melon : 28th January 2004 at 22:23.

Old 28th January 2004, 22:40     #152
D2D.Moo

Nice one Simon.

Apparently simon thought it would be a good idea to ban me from posting in this thread. Nice.

Quote:
most maori I know aren't offended by the term nigger.. much like the terms geek or morange don't offend me
Regarding the original 'owning' that Simon alluded to in his first post; there is a difference between being called a 'morange' and having your entire self-worth being openly mocked on television.

I have been called 'morange' for at least a decade now and if anyone thinks it's a witty insult or even particularly harmful they are wrong. Only idiots in general (apart from friends in jest) use the term, when their mental capacity negates the possibility of coming up with an effective mock.

This is an entirely different ball-park to degrading an entire group of people to sell a few litres of alcohol. This is an entirely different ball-park from teaching young children to belittle other children on the basis of appearance. I thought Simon might have been intelligent enough to grasp this, obviously not.

Also regarding those who are apparently mocking the fact what I have done is in the newspapers. I saw something I thought was wrong. Through the writing of a simple letter I have changed advertising standards, which will affect any advertisement in NZ from henceforth. I have changed what you will see. I have changed what you will read. Because I felt something was not right, the chances that an advertisement or programme appearing on television being pejorative of redheads is very slim. And you mock me behind a computer? You mock me when the largest thing you have ever done is decided to pursue an IT diploma?

So why don't you all go back to being the passive society that I am sad to live in. The passive society that is the reason why I wrote the letter in the first place, because the majority can not think or act for themselves.

Now go back to your little posting of 'owned' pictures.

Last edited by D2D.Moo : 28th January 2004 at 22:43.

Old 28th January 2004, 22:48     #153
Mark98

Old 28th January 2004, 22:56     #154
cyc
Objection!

Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by D2D.Moo

So why don't you all go back to being the passive society that I am sad to live in. The passive society that is the reason why I wrote the letter in the first place, because the majority can not think or act for themselves.

You might think that you've "changed" NZ advertising standards, but you haven't. At best, that ad won't be screened again, but equally tasteless and stupid ads will keep popping up. Incidentally, this leads me to the point that merely because a bunch of people agreed with you that the ad is offensive, it doesn't guarantee that is is OBJECTIVELY so.

Just like you continue to insist that calling people "niggers" isn't offensive, others in a free and democratic society has just as much right to contest the meaning and apparent offensiveness (or not) of this and other ads.

Therefore, some people might actually be able to get over certain things and reasonably conclude that it's best to lvie and let live. That position can be arisen upon due to reasoned disagreement with your particular stance. But, true to your nature, you just have to assume that your stance is naturally the right one, because you know best!

Gosh, what a paragon of virtue you are. Keep telling yourself that it's ok to call people "niggers"!

Last edited by cyc : 28th January 2004 at 22:58.

Old 28th January 2004, 22:57     #155
Mark98

Old 28th January 2004, 23:02     #156
D2D.Moo

Re: Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by cyc

Gosh, what a paragon of virtue you are. Keep telling yourself that it's ok to call people "niggers"!
cyc haven't you read my last post?

Quote:
I think I should explain my actions. My original message was a quote from Pulp Fiction 'a bunch of hard hitting niggers getting medieval on your ass' to effect. After I re-read my original post, I decided that to quote the movie showed far too much levity for the situation involved (ie. two completely innocent people thinking for a moment they may die). I thus removed nearly removed the quote, only keep the word 'nigger' as the sentence made no sense without the noun. I should have used another word and I apologise for that.

My second mistake was when ipee attacked my use of the word. Instead of conceeding that I had never meant to use the word in that sense in the first place, I decided to pathetically defend my actions even though I realised I was wrong. Even in discussion, I put far too much emphasis on 'winning' and I realise this is a character flaw, one I will try to rectify.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:04     #157
CCS
Stunt Pants

Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by D2D.Moo
Apparently simon thought it would be a good idea to ban me from posting in this thread. Nice.
LOL!

Quote:

Regarding the original 'owning' that Simon alluded to in his first post; there is a difference between being called a 'morange' and having your entire self-worth being openly mocked on television.
No, I think you're just taking it too far. Harden up.

Quote:
Through the writing of a simple letter I have changed advertising standards, which will affect any advertisement in NZ from henceforth.
Uh, whatever. You haven't changed any standards. The standards remain the same. Advertisers have always pushed the envelope on what it acceptable and they always will. You realise that Coruba withdrew the ad voluntarily, right?

Quote:
I have changed what you will see. I have changed what you will read. Because I felt something was not right, the chances that an advertisement or programme appearing on television being pejorative of redheads is very slim. And you mock me behind a computer? You mock me when the largest thing you have ever done is decided to pursue an IT diploma?
Jesus christ, would you listen to yourself? Right now you sound like such an arrogant cunt. You're not going to turn into one of those god complex doctors I hope. Can I start addressing you as Mr Shipman?

Quote:
Yes. We will. Consider yourself owned. Majorly.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:07     #158
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 28th January 2004, 23:11     #159
s0nic

wow moo.
arent you cool with your cool medical degree? yeh just because we post here we all have it diplomas...yeh right

stop crying you morange fuck
:P

Old 28th January 2004, 23:12     #160
D2D.Moo

Re: Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS

No, I think you're just taking it too far. Harden up.
I don't know who I should agree with more, CCS, or the broadcasting standards authority.

Quote:
Uh, whatever. You haven't changed any standards. The standards remain the same. Advertisers have always pushed the envelope on what it acceptable and they always will. You realise that Coruba withdrew the ad voluntarily, right?
If you don't think that a marketing exec isn't going to think twice now before okaying another tasteless advertisement like that then you're deranged in my opinion.

Quote:
Jesus christ, would you listen to yourself? Right now you sound like such an arrogant cunt. You're not going to turn into one of those god complex doctors I hope. Can I start addressing you as Mr Shipman?
Ok, so let me get this straight. People try to mock me, I succinctly and politely reply (as opposed to 99% of the respondents in this thread), and the only comeback you have to this is 'waaaahhhhh don't talk to me like that!'?

I think if, as simon suggested, this thread was sent to the advertising standards complaints authority, they would realise that they made the right decision.

Last edited by D2D.Moo : 28th January 2004 at 23:15.