NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 8th October 2007, 11:22     #1
-Dr.J-

QF4: Argentina vs Scotland

Well, GG Argie Bargie I hope you go on to win.

They can win ugly in a tight one as well, which is good because I want to see them go all the way. They scored one opportunistic charge down try, with the Scots scoring a try off a counter attack + forward pass (sound familiar?)

So the game ended 19-13, some nice skills demonstrated by both teams with Juan Hernandez being especially impressive. Some of these minnow (soccer dominated) nations bring a new dynamic of kicking to their Rugby and can be a pleasure to watch - Hernandez and Contemponi are great players, world class for sure. Also they have some good loose forward talent there - I would be delighted but not surprised to see these Argies get up in their 2 remaining games.

Especially seeing as the Saffas seem to have All Black syndrome (too individualistic and not enough team cohesion) which is the huge advantage of some of these less endowed teams.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:51     #2
uTired2
wOOp wOOp!

Very sad

Going by the number of posts in this and the other quater final threads I think we can now officially declare the rwc dead.

Didn't end up watching the last 2 semis, rugby's the last thing I want to see at the moment.

But gg Argentina anyway, hope they go all the way.