Antagonist Prime

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabd
I can't abide useless people.
Old 1st August 2005, 20:05     #43
StN
I have detailed files

Oh - I've got one - sick people who come to work instead of staying at home. Well, not all of them - just the ones that make me sick, or make someone else sick, who then makes me sick.
Old 1st August 2005, 20:12     #44
flic
Dee Hast Mish

People who can't admit they're wrong even after being presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Instead of just saying "ok so I was wrong" they get angry or they sulk off.

Wishy washy, spineless people who can't make a decision and stick to it.

Liars

People who don't keep their word and just make excuses later.
Old 1st August 2005, 20:21     #45
Enchantress

ACC

i fucking hate them.
Old 1st August 2005, 20:27     #46
Jonas Undrawing

- people who pay $2000 - $4000 a year to sit around saying "I'm not gonna do this 20% assignment because I want to have a life!"
Old 1st August 2005, 21:02     #47
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Laugh

People who pay $30/month or whatever to sit on WoW and have _no_ life
Old 1st August 2005, 21:24     #48
Odysseus
Stray Dog

If people don't use the clutch - that's what it's there for.

I'll forgive them if they're not versed in double clutch operation though.
Old 1st August 2005, 21:43     #49
TD
Anas Latrina

Support that don't realise that it is their job to deal with users (granted, possibly stupid) who can't do it themselves and whine about it on the interweb.

Last edited by TD : 1st August 2005 at 21:44.
Old 1st August 2005, 22:25     #50
silva^

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonas Undrawing
- people who pay $2000 - $4000 a year to sit around saying "I'm not gonna do this 20% assignment because I want to have a life!"
Agreed, 90% of people at Uni really don't deserve to be here.
Old 1st August 2005, 22:25     #51
CCS
Stunt Pants

People who won't wait for the people in the lift to get out before they get in. For fucks sake you horrible little cunts, your life isn't so important that you can't wait 2½ seconds to let someone out before you go barrelling in.

However, I've observed the technique of some people in lifts. As their floor approaches they stand really close to the door, crouching even - almost cat like and they just launch themselves out the door the instant a crack appears regardless of who is standing in their way. That's how ya do it. And if anyone is standing in the way - fuck 'em. Shouldn't be standing right outside lift doors anyway.

It's just fucking politeness and consideration.
Old 1st August 2005, 22:36     #52
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh, and also HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF? I mean, really... a flick of the switch, I'm not asking the world am I? ELECTRICITY DOESN'T FUCKING GROW ON TREES, YOU KNOW!
Old 1st August 2005, 22:38     #53
flic
Dee Hast Mish

people who turn the lights off in the toilets at work

WHILE I'M STILL IN THERE !
Old 1st August 2005, 22:40     #54
HeMan

Chicks that go out with friends and try to "change" them, stop them drinking and having fun etc. Why go out with someone in the first place if you can only stand them when they're doing what you tell them to do?
Old 1st August 2005, 22:42     #55
Lightspeed

Lazy thinkers. People who believe "I can't do that" simply because they won't spend the time to think and understand.

How hard is it to hook a TV up to a DVD player?! There are only so many plugs, colour coded, labeled "In" and "Out", how hard could it be?!
Old 1st August 2005, 23:10     #56
silva^

People who are too lazy to put milk containers in the rubbish so they leave a couple of drops of milk in the bottom and put it back in the fridge. Same goes for almost any kind of food in a bag/container: ice cream, weetbix, spreads, margerine, tomato sauce, you name it.
Old 1st August 2005, 23:17     #57
eff tee

- Inconsiderate driving. Of both cars and shopping trolleys.

- People that won't say please or thank you.

- People who actually stop their conversation with you if they get a txt. Sooooo rude. It's a txt. It's not urgent dammit!

- People who fail to make introductions. Awkward for everyone.

- Real estate agents and car salesmen who think because you're a woman that you have no clue what you're looking at.

I'll stop now. It seems most of my issues stem from rude bastards.
Old 1st August 2005, 23:18     #58
Evoke

Quote:
Originally posted by HeMan
Chicks that go out with friends and try to "change" them, stop them drinking and having fun etc. Why go out with someone in the first place if you can only stand them when they're doing what you tell them to do?
guys that say things like "Are you wearing that?! You should join the gym! Don't colour your hair that colour! Don't say that in public. Eat this. Don't eat that. You should go for a run"
Old 1st August 2005, 23:25     #59
cEvin
Love In Vein

people who moan about traffic/car/roads
people who say they are "into pretty much everything" when talking about music/film/art

Last edited by cEvin : 1st August 2005 at 23:26.
Old 1st August 2005, 23:35     #60
Charismo'

people who walk in to an otherwise empty toilet and sit in the stall right next to you while you're taking a shit.

FFS isn't it in the unwritten code that you should let a man shit in peace?

Should be like ethernet. Back off for some random time. Try again. That's what I do.

I mean there's nothing less pleasant than knowing someone is listening to you scrape shit out of your ass crack with your toilet paper. Or listening to them do it and trying to figure out if they're a scruncher or a folder.

GAH!

PS however it is quite funny trying to stifle a laugh when you hear a big poo plop into the water in the stall next to you
Old 1st August 2005, 23:40     #61
kimmyh51

fucking software developers who either dont bother with a user requirements phase, or ignore everything uncovered by it

putting in stupid crap like

(In our CRM software - latest update)

you can import an email from outlook or whatever, into the file for a client.

so, you get an email and you want to import it into the history for client A, however the email is about client A, or maybe forwarded copy of something client A said, but you have received it from, a colleague.

In this new update, when you import it you are now given only two options

a: replace client A's email with the email address of the colleague who sent you the email about client A/forwarded client A's email to you

or b
append colleagues email address to the email address in your records for client A

NOWHERE are you given the option to ignore fucking colleagues email address and just import tghe email into client A's history (as you were before)

so now, everything that my admin person puts into this software, she has to fuck about removing an appended email address from me or someone else in the company afterwards, effectively wasting a shit load of her time!

oh, and (this is more about support people not devs) what the fuck happened to PLANNING???????

so that when you upgrade somethign on a thursday/friday, you TEST it, and if it dont fucking work, you fix it over the weekend, not wait til monday when no one can do a bloody thing with the huge pile of work that loaded up on thur & friday when you were upgrading the system (therefore they couldnt get in)

AND

if you are a support person or server admin, and you have decided to reboot a server that you know has remote users logged into their remote desktops on - woudl it fucking kill you to call them first and give them an opportunity to log out/save/finish their work first????

I've just wasted most of my day thanks to support and developer stupidity
Old 1st August 2005, 23:49     #62
flic
Dee Hast Mish

sorry Kimmy, but you lost my interest at 'putting in stupid crap like '
Old 1st August 2005, 23:52     #63
HeMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoke
guys that say things like "Are you wearing that?! You should join the gym! Don't colour your hair that colour! Don't say that in public. Eat this. Don't eat that. You should go for a run"
Oh yeah forgot to mention mouthy chicks
Old 1st August 2005, 23:52     #64
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by flic
sorry Kimmy, but you lost my interest at 'putting in stupid crap like '
that sort of attitude....

will get you a job supporting our applications and/or infrastructure!!!!
Old 1st August 2005, 23:54     #65
kimmyh51

Quote:
Originally posted by Evoke
actually have to agree with heMan on that one

why do people go out with someone and try & change them into someone else?

and why do chicks (or if you want to be politically correct, girls or women) go out with guys that tell them what to eat/wear and do????
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:00     #66
riven

Quote:
Originally posted by kimmyh51

and why do chicks (or if you want to be politically correct, girls or women) go out with guys that tell them what to eat/wear and do????
Because men are inferior.
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:02     #67
FrostyZaiMok

Quote:
Originally posted by kimmyh51

Because women are stupid, but then so are men, just in different ways, so it all pans out, yay!
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:13     #68
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by riven
Because men are inferior.
Hey whoa now, let's not be so hasty in issuing that edict.

We're awesome at changing lightbulbs.
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:21     #69
HeMan

Well it pisses me off that some chicks do that to guys but I have to give them some respect for it as well. If your partner is ruling your life and you don't like it then you should probably do something about it... duh.

I've never known any of my guy friends to boss their women around at all but I've known a lot of guys that have been whipped by chicks. Just wondering, do you people have mates that tell their girl friends not eat certain food and to jog around the block, don't wear that skirt etc?
Old 2nd August 2005, 01:01     #70
Anthony.S

It happens, guy's tend to be a bit more gutless/discreet about it though.

Well more so older guy's, younger ones are just happy that they've gotten themselves a regular shag.
Old 2nd August 2005, 01:38     #71
MadMax
Stuff

i nzgames groundhog days: http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showth...threadid=55333
Old 2nd August 2005, 04:03     #72
dead goon

Quote:
Originally posted by cEvin

people who say they are "into pretty much everything" when talking about music/film/art
I say that because im so leet and indie that no one would have any idea about the bands im talking about.

Usually when someone gives me the 'pretty much everything' response i ask them to rattle off a few bands. And i end up with..

OH you know, hip hop like jay-z and linken park and some rock stuff like Creed and shit.

*cringe*

Last edited by dead goon : 2nd August 2005 at 04:09.
Old 2nd August 2005, 05:59     #73
sv
simulationszeitalter

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
We're awesome at changing lightbulbs.
Its all "men = sux" until a jar needs opened.

Re lop-sided relationships... a person with a dominant personality may find a submissive partner (and vicey versey), because its easier than becoming a more balanced individual.

i.e. people can be attracted to the shortcomings of others as strongly as they are to their positive attributes.
Old 2nd August 2005, 07:39     #74
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally posted by Charismo'
people who walk in to an otherwise empty toilet and sit in the stall right next to you while you're taking a shit.

FFS isn't it in the unwritten code that you should let a man shit in peace?

Should be like ethernet. Back off for some random time. Try again. That's what I do.

I mean there's nothing less pleasant than knowing someone is listening to you scrape shit out of your ass crack with your toilet paper. Or listening to them do it and trying to figure out if they're a scruncher or a folder.

GAH!
I'm not with you on this one. If this was the case, they'd only ever put in one cublicle. I've got no hang ups with taking a crap, or someone taking a crap in the next cubicle. Heck, I use the middle cubicle because I know that it's the least used cubicle.
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:18     #75
Charismo'

Quote:
Originally posted by Lightspeed
I'm not with you on this one. If this was the case, they'd only ever put in one cublicle. I've got no hang ups with taking a crap, or someone taking a crap in the next cubicle. Heck, I use the middle cubicle because I know that it's the least used cubicle.
But haven't you ever stopped to watch a dog or a cat take a shit? Notice that freaked out look in their eyes? That means 'please let me shit in peace!', it's the same thing!
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:25     #76
Savage

Wacked

Quote:
But haven't you ever stopped to watch a dog or a cat take a shit? Notice that freaked out look in their eyes? That means 'please let me shit in peace!', it's the same thing!
you watch domestic animals take a shit?
Old 2nd August 2005, 08:28     #77
Macca@Work

What grinds my gears??
The fuken league referees..
Old 2nd August 2005, 09:00     #78
Foggerty

Quote:
Originally posted by FrostyZaiMok
Because women are stupid, but then so are men, just in different ways, so it all pans out, yay!
Finally, someone who understands male/female interactions :-)
Old 2nd August 2005, 09:46     #79
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally posted by eff tee
...Real estate agents and car salesmen who think because you're a woman that you have no clue what you're looking at...
Oh hell yeah. I took males (friends and boyfriends, but no partners at that stage) along when I was looking for both the homes I bought by myself, and every time, be the RE agents male or female, they would automatically address and show the respect to the guy. Never mind that I was asking the questions, and standing in front of them. They'd look over my shoulder and talk to the freaking friend/boyfriend, and even after the male in question told them that they were just along to help it continued. BaM was with me when I was looking for the last place, and he couldn't believe how tactless they were.

When BaM and I bought this latest house it was the first time I'd bought jointly with someone else, and we encountered a few agents who didn't do this, so either Kapiti agents are less archaic in their value systems or things have changed in general.

Another gear grinder is that section of the population who don't RTFM - service users who don't read the service outlines, and make it up as they go along, making the service provision more difficult for the provider; product buyers who either complain that something doesn't work because they don't RTFM, or come asking for what amounts to training, despite having an FM; and vendors who know nothing whatsoever about their product. The latter may be a case of not reading the fucking brochure, but it amounts to the same thing.
Old 2nd August 2005, 09:54     #80
Lightspeed

Quote:
There's a difference between someone looking you in the eye and someone in the next stall when you're laying a cabal.

I do know a chap though, who's a nervous pooer. He'll pretty much only crap at home. So if he goes away for the weekend with a group of people, he'll hold it until he gets home. Crazy.