Old 27th May 2010, 10:04     #22282
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...647719&ref=rss simcity fail
Old 27th May 2010, 10:25     #22283
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Welcome to the aspirational capital of New Zealand
Another self appointed title? Modest lot aren't you?

edit: lol, I was wondering what on earth that was.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:10     #22284
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

As of this morning, Apple is bigger than Microsoft.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:24     #22285
CCS
Stunt Pants

That news must give you goosebumps on your scrotum.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:27     #22286
creamcheese

does that mean that microsoft users get to wear the berets now?
Old 27th May 2010, 13:30     #22287
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
As of this morning, Apple is bigger than Microsoft.
by what measurement? customer base? sales figures? revenue? employee size? the 'upsized' combo's at the lunchroom?

pretty sweet to hear none the less, gonna keep that in mind for the android thread.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:33     #22288
Dan

Probably market cap.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:43     #22289
StN
I have detailed files

Ghostwatch

All evidence is pointing to the ghost of Jackson Pollock taking up residence in my rectum.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:48     #22290
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah, market cap. Apple is still slightly behind MS in terms of annual revenue (13.5B USD vs 14.5B USD).

In terms of growth, Apple has gone crazy in the past decade while MS has shrunk.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:52     #22291
p01s0n

I'm pretty sure if you compare the upsized meals at the cafeterias then yeah, apple got a long way to go before it can topple big microsoft.

*ballmer sits down at a table with a massive cheeseburger, slurps coke from a bathtub with a 1/2"ID straw, grabs a handful of fries from a clothes basket*

"best 50c I ever spent"

alt joke: "I. LOVE. THIS. COMPANY."
Old 27th May 2010, 13:57     #22292
CCS
Stunt Pants

Post-it notes that don't stick properly. Am I alone in thinking the proportions of stick to non-sticky on the back should be reversed? Ie, short bit of non-sticky at the bottom and the rest is sticky? I mean, like, full cred to the guy who invented Post-its n' all, he probably got a gold watch when he left the company, but I reckon he got it back to front.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:19     #22293
Reformed_Quint

I could so smoke the rescue helicopter with an RPG from my office window.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:19     #22294
p01s0n

free itunes voucher for nz music lol

https://www.asb.co.nz/itunes

i think it is a limited selection of music/artists though.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:49     #22295
Mr_Hahn

Foreground window
Old 27th May 2010, 17:52     #22296
Luse

Backspace backspace backspace backspace

MC Narrator in the house
Old 27th May 2010, 19:43     #22297
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The rest of my x0xb0x components arrived today from Mouser... and my DSP dev kit Fun times with electrons~
Old 27th May 2010, 19:51     #22298
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
The rest of my x0xb0x components arrived today from Mouser... and my DSP dev kit Fun times with electrons~
Recording required after assembly

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 27th May 2010, 20:23     #22299
Wally Simmonds

Quite enjoying the new Pendulum album, even though its supposedly more 'mainstream'
Old 27th May 2010, 20:44     #22300
Stalk3r

i heard parts if not most of it are vergin on dubstep *shudder*
Old 27th May 2010, 22:48     #22301
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Seriously?! What the fuck, man.. what the fuck?!

A Sydney couple say they had sex with their nine-year-old son because they are a "touchy feely family" and it helped with his sexual education.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:54     #22302
Reformed_Quint

That's fucked.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:52     #22303
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
That's hot.
Tell me about it.
Old 28th May 2010, 07:33     #22304
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

^ har
Old 28th May 2010, 08:57     #22305
xor

There's a batshit crazy woman I see every morning walking along Broadway wearing a bandanna and headphones while talking to herself.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:00     #22306
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

probably been reading The Metamorphosis of P.I. (well, the last chapter, at least)
Old 28th May 2010, 11:01     #22307
Heresy
yawn.

First of all, - just for some background: My Mum died right when I was born, (she was actually really, really hot- but this isn't about her. I guess that's fucked up to say, but whatever.) I actually grew up with my dad's family, because my dad has all sorts of emotional issues and he bailed before I was born. So you can see, my childhood was really kind of messed up.

Anyways, growing up I feel like there was always a lot of distance between me and my sister. When I was about 17 or 18 I first noticed that my sister was a hottie.

I don't want to go into too many details about it, but basically what happened is that I accidentally found a video that she made of herself. I knew she didn't make it for me- but I thought she was so fucking beautiful that I watched it twice. I probably would have watched it a hell of a lot more, except that like right around the time I found the video, all this crazy shit went down and I had to leave home. (My dad's family who I was staying with got in bad trouble with the law. I never talk about it).

Sooo... I was totally lusting after my sister at that point. She was also having bad trouble with the law. She was actually in custody when I left home.
My friend and I went to go pick her up. When I saw her that day, after seeing the video, I have to be honest, I just wanted to fuck her brains out. Looking back on it now, it's pretty messed up- but I think she had feelings for me too. She actually kissed me right after we came to get her... and it wasn't a sisterly kiss, you know? I mean, it wasn't like ridiculously sexual or anything, but it definitely wasn't sisterly.

After we left, we all went to crash with my Sister's friends. On the trip there, my friend sort of implied that he wanted to get with my Sister, and I got a little jealous. He's a good looking guy- and even though she was my sister- I just felt like he was competition. Not much else happened between us for a while except some maybe-sexy hugging.
Pretty much everyone in my life at that point was wanted by the government, so we all moved around a lot. I'm not saying that I'm proud of it or anything, but it was kind of an awesome time.

My friend and my sister never hooked up I don't think- but I thought there was some serious sexual tension going on between them. It was around that time that I got really badly hurt in an accident. It was fucked up. I almost died. But when I was in recovery my sister came to see me, and out of the clear blue sky she started gives me this awesome, slow, passionate kiss on the lips.

Sadly (although, I guess for the best) nothing ever came of it. We spent some time apart... and I started to get really religious, so I tried not to think of her that way. It was actually going well for a long time- like I was totally over her. But I have to say, like a year or so after all that stuff went down, we were out sailing (not like a date or anything romantic like that), and she was wearing like the hottest bikini I've ever fucking seen and it brought back all the old feelings. Sigh.

A little while later she actually wound up with my friend from before (the sexual tension guy). I can't say I was surprised.
But even after she was shacking up with my friend, there was one time we were at a party... my friend was inside, and my sister and I were outside alone. It was a really intimate moment. I think something might have happened, except that I killed the mood when I told her that Darth Vader was our father and that I had to go face him.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:59     #22308
Lightspeed

If I thought you were serious I would be more concerned about that fact you posted something like that in a hostile environment like NZG, than anything in your post.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:02     #22309
Cyberbob

olddddddddd

edit: I don't actually think Lightspeed read it.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 28th May 2010 at 12:04.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:13     #22310
CCS
Stunt Pants

I think lolspeed is just being a twat.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:14     #22311
Juju
get to da choppa

Hrm, the first few paragraphs of that I actually did think you were talking about your sister (Hi Jo lol).
Old 28th May 2010, 12:24     #22312
StN
I have detailed files

Even though I'd seen it before after the first sentance I wondered if it was another Homo Erectus troll.

NZG has made me question the mundane.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:32     #22313
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I think lolspeed is just being a twat.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:18     #22314
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

What the hell is it with Aussie mums not looking after their kids in prams around train tracks?? Fucken idiots..
Old 28th May 2010, 13:22     #22315
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10648042

3.5 years for shooting and killing your missus with a sawn off shotgun? wtf.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:27     #22316
Torka

Even a really fucking retarded accident is still an accident, the guy isn't much of a danger to society and the only reason to throw away the key would be retribution
Old 28th May 2010, 13:43     #22317
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
What the hell is it with Aussie mums not looking after their kids in prams around train tracks?? Fucken idiots..
After this one in 2006, nothing surprises me.

Oh yeah, 2007 version too.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:46     #22318
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

http://www.yourmovies.com.au/news/?i=186899&action=news

Old 28th May 2010, 13:49     #22319
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torka
retribution
For what? She willingly stood in front of a loaded shotgun. Her own fault imo.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:30     #22320
CCS
Stunt Pants

US repeals 'don't ask, don't tell' law

Quote:
The House of Representatives has voted to repeal the 1993 law known as "don't ask, don't tell" and allow gays to serve openly in the military.

The House vote came several hours after the Senate Armed Services Committee took the same course and approved a measure repealing the policy that prohibits service by gays who openly acknowledge their sexual orientation.

The House was a victory for President Barack Obama, who has pushed for a change in military policy, and for gay rights group who have made an end to "don't ask, don't tell" their top legislative priority.

Republicans voted overwhelmingly against lifting the ban, saying Congress should wait until the Pentagon completes a review of the impact of a repeal on military life and readiness.
Fair enough, I guess. I haven't considered this issue at length but I'm not what problem the Repubs have with it. Y'know, apart from the whole "He's lookin at mah butt in da shower!" thing.

Anyways, I believe this is another election promise Obama has fulfilled. What's the website that keeps track of his election promises again?