Password

Old 26th September 2022, 19:24     #361
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Recruitment drive going splendidly, morale is high
Old 27th September 2022, 10:09     #362
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

In general Ukraine news, since their central bank devalued the currency (UAH/hryvnia) on July 22 by 25%, people are concerned about the currency completely collapsing (hyperinflation?). Friends are now carrying USD in their wallets rather than UAH, and the Ukraine economy is looking grim. Reports of 24% inflation - although people I spoke to were still shocked at the price of our tomatoes and cauliflower when converted into UAH. The borrowing interest rate is now 25% (sensibly above inflation, but far above the luxury "free money" rates that we have enjoyed for the last decade or so).

I was talking about FL Studio to a friend, and suggested they buy it for $99USD because it's lifetime updates. They asked if it could be pirated, because $99USD is "half a month's salary", which is about the minimum wage there. Good times. At a guess, that's likely one of the reasons you don't know many Ukrainians in your own country, or why they don't all just up and leave, because who can possibly afford to save for plane tickets AND have a stash of cash to start a new life in a country with higher wages (and also higher living costs) - especially for a family - with wages like that? It looks like national pride, but scratch the surface and it's relative poverty. Such a brave people.

GDP of $200B for 40M people... and their rebuild will cost probably double that, if not more given global inflation and the state of .. everything. There are many poor countries in the world, but a poor country with oil? "America must step in". Uncle Sam's gonna be as gentle as a lamb. He portrays himself as upstanding member of society, but he lives a double life. Grooming Ukraine since 2014.
Old 27th September 2022, 10:14     #363
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

A poor country with the most fertile soil on the planet.
Old 27th September 2022, 19:44     #364
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ukraine MOD fielding calls from Russian conscripts asking how to surrender

https://news.yahoo.com/mobilised-rus...185500131.html
Old 28th September 2022, 11:15     #365
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Ukraine MOD fielding calls from Russian conscripts asking how to surrender

https://news.yahoo.com/mobilised-rus...185500131.html
Source = Ukraine says (with script written by CIA / MI-6)

On planet reality, this entire US misadventure doom loop of regime-change coup <-> NATO provocation is looking more and more likely to end with Ukraine being torn 3-ways between Poland, Hungary, Russia. Of course, Russia will be illegally taking it's slice via referendums, but Poland and Hungary are totally legitimate like Israel / Golan Heights.

Angela Merkel's ports project to accept US gas (because Russia gas bad) was cancelled. Nord Stream 1 pipeline just exploded under the sea. No gas is coming into Europe any time soon even if it was desired.

-Poland wants $1T reparations from Germany (look out Poland, Germany doesn't like it when it has to pay reparations)
-Greece and Turkey are squabbling over some islands (France sides with Greece)
-Hungary wants sanctions against Europe... i mean against Russia to stop
-MI-6 and CIA blatantly meddling in European affairs, even training on how to sabotage nuclear reactors. Maybe stick to what you're good at: Hollywood movies and spy novels.
-9 missed meals away from ... victory against Russia!
-this is NATO

Last edited by Nich : 28th September 2022 at 11:16.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:45     #366
Lightspeed

Exclamation

Quote:
Source = Ukraine says (with script written by CIA / MI-6)
So we're completely captured. The options are: go along with it or delude ourselves we're not.

Which means you and I are just entertaining alternative delusions.

It's actually a relief to know that such sophisticated, competent people are at the reigns. Thanks Nich!

*phew* I thought so much was just down to luck and circumstances, people in the right place at the right time, fumbling to maintain some semblance of control and order. But instead the Super-Spies actually know what they're doing. That's such good news!

Here's me worrying about nuclear war like a dummy.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 28th September 2022 at 11:47.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:55     #367
_indigo1

When is this disorder going to make it into the DSM?
It seems so prevalent today. One of those things like smoking where we are going to look back and wonder how the fuck we missed it staring in our face.
Old 28th September 2022, 12:04     #368
Lightspeed

Some more clever CIA staging from Crimea:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavi...60237508644871
Old 28th September 2022, 12:53     #369
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Announcing referendum results, Russia paves way to annex parts of Ukraine

Quote:
Pro-Moscow officials said all four occupied regions of Ukraine voted to join Russia. According to Russia-installed election officials, 93% of the ballots cast in the Zaporizhzhia region supported annexation, as did 87% in the Kherson region, 98% in the Luhansk region and 99% in Donetsk.
Since everything is bullshit, this is of course no exception, but it does take things a step further and US has sent $1.1B in aid to congratulate Ukraine for losing the sham referendum. Democrats want to send $12B more.
Old 28th September 2022, 13:33     #370
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Democrats want to send $12B more.
Why do you refer specifically to Democrats - a political party of a country you aren't even a part of; but every other country you refer to as just the country.
Old 28th September 2022, 14:14     #371
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
When is this disorder going to make it into the DSM?
It seems so prevalent today. One of those things like smoking where we are going to look back and wonder how the fuck we missed it staring in our face.
Well, authorities do lack credibility. And as that undermines further, it's reasonable that a greater proportion of people will give up on trying to tease out where legitimacy lies. Just assume everyone in authority is a crook.

Minds would be blown if more really grasped the significance of the DSM, how what ends up in it is fought over, the degree of consequence it has relative to the public's general awareness of it.
Old 28th September 2022, 14:45     #372
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 28th September 2022, 17:02     #373
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
Why do you refer specifically to Democrats - a political party of a country you aren't even a part of; but every other country you refer to as just the country.
Because that's literally the situation, as reported by Daily Mail. The Democrats are themselves using Ukraine as a reason to vote Democrat. I could have said "America" but that would imply all of America (or at least all of the US government), which isn't the case. This difference may become more important after the November midterms if Republicans take back Congress, which is why I did emphasise Democrats, because this appetite for funding the war may change. Not all Americans are in favour of sending their tax money overseas while they have plenty of problems (and debt) at home. But thanks for asking.
Old 28th September 2022, 17:12     #374
_indigo1

lol
Old 30th September 2022, 10:30     #375
Nich

Republicans will talk a good game, make everyone who feels things are broken begin to feel like things are about to be fixed, and there will be zero meaningful change. Letting republicans have a turn every now and then is perhaps the only thing stopping US from descending into revolution.

Same thing is happening in Italy. Meloni talks a VERY GOOD game, she evokes in me some righteous family values finally taking up the sword against wokeism. Let's go! But I get the feeling she's just a foil ("she's Mussolini!"), and just a different flavour to get us useless eaters to take our medicine (Digital ID, CBDC, Social credit, full-spectrum debt dominance)

Remember Trump vaccine = bad, Biden vaccine = good? Yeah well republican voters believed the opposite. "No, fuck off" is not a valid answer, just shuffle the social, political landscape and ask the same question again.
Old 30th September 2022, 10:40     #376
Nich

Democrat or Republican, left or right. They'll still be quite willing to commit industrial / ecological terrorism to condemn their allies to assured deindustrialization and currency market devastation.
Old 30th September 2022, 10:56     #377
Ajax
Architeuthis

I'm seeing multiple reports a large number of Russian forces are about to be encircled in Lyman and are desperately trying to keep the last supply line open and attempting to send in reinforcements.
Old 30th September 2022, 12:21     #378
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
I'm seeing multiple reports a large number of Russian forces are about to be encircled in Lyman and are desperately trying to keep the last supply line open and attempting to send in reinforcements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOEYDXk4n1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii1f2x7NtH0

ps. share your links. please
Old 30th September 2022, 15:58     #379
BoyWonder

https://deepstatemap.live/en#9.75/48.9706/37.7857
Old 30th September 2022, 16:27     #380
Nich

Ukraine War Update | was their counteroffensive really successful?
HistoryLegends
https://youtu.be/DZknUyBC7Qs
Old 30th September 2022, 17:21     #381
Ajax
Architeuthis

Short answer: yes, highly successful.
Old 1st October 2022, 06:25     #382
Trigga*happY

Well, it's Moscow official now. Putin has officially annexed 20% of Ukraine, claiming that he is now set to 'liberate' these areas of the Ukrainian invaders. He's set the pretext for his nuclear arsenal, and only time will tell whether he's willing to use it, or if he believes his conventional military is enough to lock it down.
Old 1st October 2022, 10:33     #383
Cyberbob

"I see your annexation, and I raise you my NATO application."
Old 1st October 2022, 11:30     #384
Nich

Sham or not, it's hard to deny the people who are voting are done with 8+ years of US-sponsored Russophobic terrorism. Yes i realise pro-Ukrainian people in these areas would be less likely to vote.

What NATO fears most of all is if Russia does NOT use their nuclear weapons. Then they don't need to rely on manufacturing this "coalition of the (reluctantly) willing". Just send in the marines!

Germany is pathetic. The only response to the military attack on their pipeline they can muster right now is "we don't want to send anymore weapons to Ukraine." . And if a future leader less flacid than Scholz starts getting attention you can bet they will be compared to Hitler and get shut down. Grow some balls Germany, your "ally" wants to reset your vassal status.
Old 1st October 2022, 11:37     #385
Lightspeed

If you know what "the people who are voting" are about, you're either there, or you're consuming your propaganda without stopping to chew.
Old 1st October 2022, 11:46     #386
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
What NATO fears most of all is if Russia does NOT use their nuclear weapons.
So you’re saying NATO would prefer nuclear war (and probable escalation) to a conventional one. Mmmkay. Go and watch the 1984 film Threads to get a handle on what nuclear war really looks like.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:04     #387
Nich

not my words, Ukraine's words, and as we see Ukraine's words get broadcast without question because it's all so easy when it's good vs evil.

https://www.newsweek.com/volodymyr-z...strike-1745099
Quote:
"The other nuclear states need to say very firmly that as soon as Russia even thinks of carrying out nuclear strikes on foreign territory—in this case the territory of Ukraine—there will be swift retaliatory nuclear strikes to destroy the nuclear launch sites in Russia," Podolyak was quoted by The Guardian.
No way to misinterpret that. If Russia even "thinks" of launching nukes, we need to nuke him. Well we all know he has already thought of launching nukes. So let's pre-retaliate (hey, I invented a NATO word feel free to use it) now, right?
Old 1st October 2022, 12:08     #388
Lightspeed

An aide, as reported by Newsweek.

Tenuous.

Certainly not worth that kind of hyperbole.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:15     #389
Ajax
Architeuthis

Whatever sabre rattling that guy is doing, a nuclear first strike on Russia is highly unlikely to be implemented by NATO unless a member state is gravely threatened. You’d have to be sure of pre-emptively taking out every Russian ballistic missile sub, which is virtually impossible.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:31     #390
Nich

I'm going to presume you've already seen the Guardian/AP/WaPo take which is they were forced to vote at gunpoint, the result was fixed in advance, etc etc

https://twitter.com/NinaByzantina/st...84351370502145

https://t.me/Reality_Theories/9141

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=kWs8TQG5Ds8

Paints a clear enough picture for me to balance out western clown world. then you can add the mobile phone videos on telegram channels of shelling commercial and residential zones strewn with body parts (who knows how it all translates, but the context presented is that Ukraine attempted to disrupt the referendum with violence)

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Gunpoint referendum is bullshit, and accurate voting numbers and results are bullshit. As soon as this process started the result was pre-determined.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:41     #391
Lightspeed

For coverage from people on the ground I mostly go to Al Jazeera. They've got reporters I've seen working for years in various situations and dynamics. Including coverage things I've seen for myself, so I have a good sense of where their slants lie.

They do a good job of reporting what they know and what they don't know. They'll explicitly take time to make clear the limits of what they know and can verify.

And lots and lots of different people being interviewed who are actually in the situations being reported from, with plenty of space for conflicting views.

They'll definitely join in on a narrative. But they're quite capable of flipping the narrative as necessary.

It's hard to fake that. Especially in such volume in so many diverse regions. I swear Kamal Hyder must has some kinda of teleporter. He's some kind of super-hero, the amount of tragedy I've seen him cover. He's there making sure people know what's going on.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:42     #392
Nich

Quote:
Whatever sabre rattling that guy is doing, a nuclear first strike on Russia is highly unlikely to be implemented by NATO unless a member state is gravely threatened. You’d have to be sure of pre-emptively taking out every Russian ballistic missile sub, which is virtually impossible.
Exactly, so the only acceptable rhetoric from our dregs of western leadership is to de-escalate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
An aide, as reported by Newsweek.

Tenuous.

Certainly not worth that kind of hyperbole.
But yet Ab quoted Margarita Simonyan, the editor-in-chief of the state-owned broadcaster RT saying the options are Russian victory or nuclear war. That's like saying HBO's John Oliver gets to decide how many M1A1 tanks to send to Saudi Arabia to obliterate Yemen.
Old 1st October 2022, 12:49     #393
Lightspeed

Wink

Quote:
But yet Ab quoted Margarita Simonyan
Yeah, don't take Ab too seriously. I swear sometimes he's engaging in some kind of performance art, all delicate pirouette and grand jete.
Old 1st October 2022, 18:30     #394
Nich

Quote:
So you’re saying NATO would prefer nuclear war (and probable escalation) to a conventional one. Mmmkay. Go and watch the 1984 film Threads to get a handle on what nuclear war really looks like.
again. Not my words.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/09/3...n-biden-putin/
Quote:
NATO and Ukraine both believe that the Russian forces, even after receiving the 300,000 mobilized troops, will not be able to defeat Ukraine. This inability to achieve the desired objectives, they believe, will compel Russia to resort to the use of tactical nuclear weapons on Ukrainian targets in order to break the will to resist on the part of the Zelensky government.

Nuclear Postures

The reality, however, is that Russian nuclear doctrine does not allow for such a scenario. Indeed, there are only two conditions where Russian nuclear doctrine permits the employment of nuclear weapons.

No 1. “[i]n response to the use of nuclear and other types of weapons of mass destruction against it and/or its allies,” the 2020 Russian Nuclear Posture document states, or

No 2. “in the event of aggression against the Russian Federation with the use of conventional weapons when the very existence of the state is in jeopardy.”

U.S. nuclear posture, however, does allow it.

“[T]he United States will maintain the range of flexible nuclear capabilities,” the 2018 U.S. Nuclear Posture Review (NPR) declared, “needed to ensure that nuclear or non-nuclear aggression against the United States, allies, and partners will fail to achieve its objectives and carry with it the credible risk of intolerable consequences for potential adversaries now and in the future.”

Nuke em to ensure they fail in their even non-nuclear aggression against an ally. Which very soon will mean Russia removing Ukrainian terrorists from Russian federation.
Old 1st October 2022, 20:33     #395
BoyWonder

Wow seems like we have a real bona fide Z guy in our midst. Why don't you take up the banner and go to Ukraine
Old 2nd October 2022, 07:11     #396
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Lyman has now fallen. Disaster for the Russians and threatens their grip on Luhansk.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ry-2022-10-01/
Old 2nd October 2022, 10:22     #397
Trigga*happY

Quote:
again. Not my words.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/09/3...n-biden-putin/

Nuke em to ensure they fail in their even non-nuclear aggression against an ally. Which very soon will mean Russia removing Ukrainian terrorists from Russian federation.
Number 2 is a pretty broad playground however and what Putin seems to be suggesting would be employed as a reason to go nuclear. By annexing areas of the Ukraine, he can speak to his population of aggression against the Russian state itself and thereby judge it necessary to utilise all means available to defend them.
Old 2nd October 2022, 12:45     #398
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Wow seems like we have a real bona fide Z guy in our midst. Why don't you take up the banner and go to Ukraine
We've all heard of 'Russian bots', but the West are playing the bot game too

"I heard it 1000x on the internet so it must be true."

But sure, Nich's the crazy one, and anyone who doesn't go along with the "Russia is the only bad guy in the room" portrayal of this situation is a minority among bots.

This is why I don't decide my beliefs based on how "popular" it is. Because popularity can be faked. Be careful what you believe - you may just be siding with CIA talking points because you refused to watch Rumble in case you caught conspiracy cooties.
Old 2nd October 2022, 13:02     #399
Lightspeed

Quote:
"I heard it 1000x on the internet so it must be true."
The more I hear about your people, the more your self-assurance makes sense.

I'd feel smart amongst that lot too!

Quote:
Nich's the crazy one,
I think that of you, not so much Nich.
Old 2nd October 2022, 13:07     #400
_indigo1

Quote:
.. go along with the "Russia is the only bad guy in the room" portrayal ..
This is you people's key failure of critical thought.
Whether Ukraine is or is not a 'good guy' is irrelevant.
This is text book whataboutism.

The only thing that is relevant is that Russia has invaded another sovereign country and as if that were not bad enough, has committed major war crimes in the process.

Even if Ukraine was a country full of racist fascist baby killing nazi's, it would be irrelevant because it doesn't negate the above fact.