Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > VUALT
User Name
Password

Old 28th January 2004, 23:13     #161
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by s0nic
wow moo.
arent you cool with your cool medical degree? yeh just because we post here we all have it diplomas...yeh right

stop crying you morange fuck
:P
Where did I mention my degree? I was merely commenting that NZ has tall poppy syndrome - ie. mocking me in part because something I did actually changed something.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:17     #162
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
lol.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:21     #163
cyc
Objection!

YUO=LAME

Quote:
Originally posted by D2D.Moo
Where did I mention my degree? I was merely commenting that NZ has tall poppy syndrome - ie. mocking me in part because something I did actually changed something.
No, people are mocking you because you see fit to be a bigot and then claim redress for offence caused by an ad considered prejoratory towards persons of a certain class. Even if the Broadcasting Standards Authority was absolutely right in its ruling, it still wouldn't change the fact that you're a fucking hypocrite and the worst kind at that.

BTW, you keep dreaming that major shockwaves have been sent through the advertising industry, since the all-important C. Irwin made his supreme sacrifice! Now that the ad has been withdrawn, that will be the end of the matter, as is almost always the case. If an advertising executive did a cost and benefit analysis over the screening of an offensive ad and found that things will be in his/her favour, I doubt a slap on the wrist from the BSA will be a deterrant.

Edit: Just for you...

Last edited by cyc : 28th January 2004 at 23:31.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:21     #164
CCS
Stunt Pants

Re: Re: Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
If you don't think that a marketing exec isn't going to think twice now before okaying another tasteless advertisement like that then you're deranged in my opinion.
So I'm deranged and you're deluded. Do you not understand that this does not convince advertisers to 'play it safe'? You act as though this is the first time a viewer complaint has resulted in advertisement being pulled.

Quote:
Ok, so let me get this straight. People try to mock me, I succinctly and politely reply (as opposed to 99% of the respondents in this thread), and the only comeback you have to this is 'waaaahhhhh don't talk to me like that!'?
Don't ignore it like that. Seriously, you are hugely arrogant wanker. Where do you get this tall poppy thing from? Nobody even realised that you treated your letter writing victory as such a huge achievement until you started belittling peoples choice of career*. Stop crying 'tall poppy', it's a load of crap. No one is jealous of your letter writing ability. Until you started blowing your own trumpet, we all though you were a hypocritical wanker for calling people niggers and then turning around and crying foul over an ad that mocks pale freckly people. Now we think you're an arrogant git as well

*which suggests strongly that your think your career is above everyone elses.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:30     #165
s0nic

well i coundt have put it better ccs

seriously where the fuck did you get this nz tall poppy bs from? \

stupid morange fuck.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:30     #166
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by cyc
No, people are mocking you because you see fit to be a bigot and then claim redress for offence caused by an ad considered prejoratory towards persons of a certain class. Even if the Broadcasting Standards Authority was absolutely right in its ruling, it still wouldn't change the fact that you're a fucking hypocrite and the worst kind at that.
Cyclonic can you read? I never meant to use the term nigger in the first place. If you think people are mocking me for being a bigot you lack even the most basic of social observation skills.

Quote:
BTW, you keep dreaming that major shockwaves have been sent through the advertising industry, since the all-important C. Irwin made his supreme sacrifice!
Now that the ad has been withdrawn, that will be the end of the matter, as is almost always the case. If an advertising executive did a cost and benefit analysis over the screening of an offensive ad and found that things will be in his/her favour, I doubt a slap on the wrist from the BSA will stop them. [/b]
I guess you've been waiting to jump on my case after I owned you with the lao wai comments. Back to the events at hand. If you can't understand hyperbole when you read it... please don't bother commenting in future.

All actions in life are decided by a cost benefit analysis, so really, behind all your literary drivel, a cloud of useless words, you are saying nothing. Of course that will happen. All I am saying is that the potential cost has increased and the potential benefit has decreased.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:40     #167
D2D.Moo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
So I'm deranged and you're deluded. Do you not understand that this does not convince advertisers to 'play it safe'? You act as though this is the first time a viewer complaint has resulted in advertisement being pulled.

I do not think it convinces advertises to play it safe.

Quote:
Don't ignore it like that. Seriously, you are hugely arrogant wanker. Where do you get this tall poppy thing from? Nobody even realised that you treated your letter writing victory as such a huge achievement until you started belittling peoples choice of career*. Stop crying 'tall poppy', it's a load of crap. No one is jealous of your letter writing ability. Until you started blowing your own trumpet, we all though you were a hypocritical wanker for calling people niggers and then turning around and crying foul over an ad that mocks pale freckly people. Now we think you're an arrogant git as well
lol. Such a bitter response from one who is normally king of flames! No, I think you're just taking it too far. Harden up.

I don't think it's a huge achievement at all. I'm just contrasting it with the achievements of the drones who have participated on this thread

Old 28th January 2004, 23:40     #168
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Cyclonic can you read? I never meant to use the term nigger in the first place. If you think people are mocking me for being a bigot you lack even the most basic of social observation skills.

Right, you just KNOW what people's motivations are? You seem to suffer from some terminal case of circular logic and an obsessive megalomaniacal complex. You think people are mocking you because they are jealous of you and therefore it is the case?

If I do have a problem with you, it's with the fact that you're a hypocrite. If you aren't trying to climb up some imaginary pedestal, why make the IT diploma reference, when you know full well that not all who post here work in IT? Heck, what a surprise... you haven't come up with some lawyer joke yet.

Nice try at talking your way out of using a racial slur. The NZ Medical Council ought be interested in your outstanding character before they decide to allow you to be registered as a doctor. I mean, since you KNOW that we are jealous of you, I guess our knowledge of you must be just as good, right?

PS: Anyway, I'm tired and have no more to add. Keep the rationalisation going and some deluded fool might believe you!

Last edited by cyc : 28th January 2004 at 23:47.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:49     #169
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I do not think it convinces advertises to play it safe.
Of course you do. You've been saying just that for the last few posts. Or is this your strange way of admitting that you're wrong?

Quote:
I don't think it's a huge achievement at all. I'm just contrasting it with the achievements of the drones who have participated on this thread
Of course you think it's a huge achievement, you've just been saying that it's a bigger thing than people that aspire to an IT degree. Hence why everyone here thinks you're arrogant.
If you truly believe it's not such a huge achievement, you'll retract that tall poppy crap.

Quote:
lol. Such a bitter response from one who is normally king of flames! No, I think you're just taking it too far. Harden up.
It's actually quite an apt response. I flame people and can handle being flamed back. Not too long ago there was an ad that I could've complained about and it stood a good chance of being discontinued. In a nutshell, the ad made out that the people of my ancestors home country are stupid. Which is like saying that my ancestors and, by association, myself are stupid. Now did I complain about it? HELL NO! I got over it!

BTW, this coruba ad, when did you see it playing? I know you saw it during a movie, but what time was the movie screening?

Old 28th January 2004, 23:50     #170
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by cyc
Right, you just KNOW what people's motivations are? You seem to suffer from some terminal case of circular logic and an obsessive megalomaniacal complex. You think people are mocking you because they are jealous of you and therefore it is the case? Woh, great logic.

If I do have a problem with you, it's with the fact that you're a hypocrite. If you aren't trying to climb up some imaginary pedestal, why make the IT diploma reference, when you know full well that not all who post here work in IT? Heck, what a surprise that you haven't come up with some lawyer joke yet.

Nice try at talking your way out of using a racial slur. Maybe the NZ Medical Council might be interested in your outstanding character, before they decide to allow you to be registered as a doctor. "Officer, I didn't intend to break the law!!"
Do you realise how easily manipulated you are cyc? Sigh.

I think people have forgotten the context of the recent comments. These are in a thread created with the sole purpose of trying to embarrass me for the amusement of others. I have easily turned the topic on its head, having ruffled the feathers of the most flame weary opponents... and now these people are crying about it? Perhaps you shouldn't have participated in the thread in the first place :)

Everyone knows I am a fluffy bunny of warmth of sympathy for our dear nzgames. but I am teh mighty flame warrior as well! choose your opponents carefully ;D

Last edited by D2D.Moo : 28th January 2004 at 23:51.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:53     #171
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

I forgot I even had this photo, some nzg pwnage

Old 28th January 2004, 23:53     #172
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS

It's actually quite an apt response. I flame people and can handle being flamed back. Not too long ago there was an ad that I could've complained about and it stood a good chance of being discontinued. In a nutshell, the ad made out that the people of my ancestors home country are stupid. Which is like saying that my ancestors and, by association, myself are stupid. Now did I complain about it? HELL NO! I got over it!

k

Quote:

BTW, this coruba ad, when did you see it playing? I know you saw it during a movie, but what time was the movie screening?
It was almost a year ago now so quite hard to remember. I think it was during one of those channel 2 kid's movies that are on ~6:30-8:30pm? That was one of the things that pissed me off most.

Old 28th January 2004, 23:55     #173
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

and...

Old 29th January 2004, 00:02     #174
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by cyc

Quote:
Nice try at talking your way out of using a racial slur. The NZ Medical Council ought be interested in your outstanding character before they decide to allow you to be registered as a doctor. I mean, since you KNOW that we are jealous of you, I guess our knowledge of you must be just as good, right?
Likewise I think the NZ Law Society would be interested to know that you endorse the sexual assault of women, treat such acts flippantly, and trade pictures of said acts on the internet. lol.

ps. owned

Old 29th January 2004, 00:07     #175
Cookie

o_O

Oh ffs Moo, seriously, get the fuck over it.

It's the goddamn princess and the pea all over again...

Old 29th January 2004, 00:09     #176
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
k
Clearly the ass has fallen out of your argument.

Quote:
It was almost a year ago now so quite hard to remember. I think it was during one of those channel 2 kid's movies that are on ~6:30-8:30pm? That was one of the things that pissed me off most.
This is what I find curious. You claim that it will teach kids to hate moranges and that it was screen during a kids movie. Yet, the Advertising Codes of Practice say liquor advertisements shall not be shown between 6pm and 9pm. This is something that liquor advertisers VERY rarely violate.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:12     #177
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Likewise I think the NZ Law Society would be interested to know that you endorse the sexual assault of women, treat such acts flippantly, and trade pictures of said acts on the internet. lol.
Cyc didn't post that picture, originally. Nice work anyway, Sherlock.

Quote:
ps. owned
Is there no limit to how much you can own yourself?

OH WHATTA BURN!

Old 29th January 2004, 00:14     #178
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
Clearly the ass has fallen out of your argument.
Not really, I think you're free to complain or not or talk or not or post or not. It's your choice.

Quote:
This is what I find curious. You claim that it will teach kids to hate moranges and that it was screen during a kids movie. Yet, the Advertising Codes of Practice say liquor advertisements shall not be shown between 6pm and 9pm. This is something that liquor advertisers VERY rarely violate.
Maybe I'm wrong CCS. It was nearly a year ago. I saw the ad, I spent 20 minutes writing an email to the Advertising Standards Complaints authority, I got a letter from them a few days later (they need my signature), sent that off... then forgot about it.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:15     #179
Kroz

Quote:

ps. owned

Last edited by Kroz : 29th January 2004 at 00:18.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:17     #180
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
Cyc didn't post that picture, originally. Nice work anyway, Sherlock.
... CCS I really expect better of you. Clearly he did not post it first. I just thought it was amusing that he tried so hard to come up with something scary, and then kills his own argument because it was so easily reversed.

Last edited by D2D.Moo : 29th January 2004 at 00:19.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:20     #181
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Not really, I think you're free to complain or not or talk or not or post or not. It's your choice.
Yes, really. The fact that you've given up defending yourself indicates quite strongly that YOU HAVEN'T GOT A LEG TO STAND ON.
Maybe it's only now that you realise what an arrogant toss you are.

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong CCS. It was nearly a year ago. I saw the ad, I spent 20 minutes writing an email to the Advertising Standards Complaints authority, I got a letter from them a few days later (they need my signature), sent that off... then forgot about it.
Perhaps you are wrong, but you seemed pretty certain of it before.

Still, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was in a later time slot. So that invalidates your assertion that kids will see the ad and start mocking redhead kids.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:22     #182
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
... CCS I really expect better of you. Clearly he did not post it first. I just thought it was amusing that he tried so hard to come up with something scary, and then kills his own argument because it was so easily reversed.
But... he didn't kill his argument at all. His argument has been pretty much rock solid compared to your flimsy excuse.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:24     #183
D2D.Moo

Quote:
Originally posted by CCS
Yes, really. The fact that you've given up defending yourself indicates quite strongly that YOU HAVEN'T GOT A LEG TO STAND ON.

I think you missed the point. You have a choice, I have a choice. You had a choice to complain, you didn't. I had a choice to complain, and I did.

My earlier statements regarding your choice were simply meant 'ok, you had a choice to complain.. you didn't... that's ok'

Quote:
Perhaps you are wrong, but you seemed pretty certain of it before.

Still, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was in a later time slot. So that invalidates your assertion that kids will see the ad and start mocking redhead kids.
Oh yeah that's right... because school kids go to bed at 9pm.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:25     #184
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
I think you missed the point. You have a choice, I have a choice. You had a choice to complain, you didn't. I had a choice to complain, and I did.

My earlier statements regarding your choice were simply meant 'ok, you had a choice to complain.. you didn't... that's ok'
In other words, you need to harden up.

Quote:
Oh yeah that's right... because school kids go to bed at 9pm.
I should expect so.

Old 29th January 2004, 00:32     #185
Kroz

Old 29th January 2004, 02:06     #186
Simon
SHG

Talking Re: Nice one Simon.

Quote:
Apparently simon thought it would be a good idea to ban me from posting in this thread. Nice.
Huh?

/me checks

/me comes back

Moo, it would appear that -- your "intelligent adult" status notwithstanding -- you have, for some reason, changed the email address in your user profile to something that doesn't exist. Thus, when the board software attempted to confirm your new address and emailed a verification message to that address, that email bounced. So the board automatically set your account status to "USER AWAITING EMAIL CONFIRMATION" and locked it out.

So, instead of the Great and Terrible Anti-Morange Tall-Poppy Conspiracy, this is simply...

Old 29th January 2004, 02:17     #187
CCS
Stunt Pants

lol at moo

In light of moo's spectacular achievment (in his eyes anyway), I present:

Old 29th January 2004, 07:11     #188
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie
Doesn't change the fact that it's a big fat pain in the ass looking at the same picture over and over again.

Old 29th January 2004, 08:36     #189
TnT

Moo: You should've quit this whole thing while you were ahead with your first post on page 3, at least you would've had some dignity left.

Old 29th January 2004, 08:37     #190
Cinclant

This thread has seriously sucked from like, page 2. While originally I thought the topic was pretty funny, after seeing Moo's explanation I thought it seemed fair enough. Now it looks as if anyone with a grudge or anyone who reads Fark is coming out of the woodwork. Seriously, out of the 50 or so owned macros on here about 3 were funny and/or original.

Though Moo self-owning his account was pretty funny :>

Vote changed to 1.

Old 29th January 2004, 08:40     #191
p-b

Ok, enough arguing.

I want to see more nekkid pics of hot redheads!

Old 29th January 2004, 08:45     #192
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally posted by p-b
Ok, enough arguing.

I want to see more nekkid pics of hot redheads!
Agreed - we do not have time for jibba-jabba - back to the own3d pics and nekkid redheads!

Old 29th January 2004, 09:30     #193
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Old 29th January 2004, 09:32     #194
TnT

Talking

Egads! The carpet does not match the curtains.

Old 29th January 2004, 09:55     #195
Matt0r

keep the 0wn3d pics comin, theres only half as many as there should be..

Old 29th January 2004, 10:32     #196
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

more owned pics, more naked redheads, and less talking please. its distracting and i have to think.

Old 29th January 2004, 11:12     #197
xus

Nice one noods =)

Old 29th January 2004, 12:02     #198
Cookie

Crying

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiplash
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/whiplash/pics/cookienuts.jpg
My retinas!!

Old 29th January 2004, 12:09     #199
TnT