NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > VUALT
User Name
Password

Old 17th June 2001, 18:38     #41
Master Villain

Doesn't what Akane did come under some kind of "obstruction of police duties" heading? one of those nifty things they can charge you for?

Old 17th June 2001, 18:56     #42
Useless

I don't think acting a certain way is call for racism.

------------------
Ignorance is bliss.....=)

Old 17th June 2001, 19:01     #43
Argo

I think the swapping seats thing is wrong. The cop may of seen it happen, however wasn't sure therefore he couldn't prove it. That's probably why he was so fucked off. However if Akane was driving to start with and the cop pulled him over and the cop acted as he did, if I was Akane I'd sure make a big fucking complaint against him.

Old 17th June 2001, 19:07     #44
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

Hmm, now that I think about it.. if (and this is a big IF) the Cop really did what Akane says he did, then that is a bit off..

However, that Cop probably has to deal with the same smart shits a dozen times every night, and it would get to you eventually. Police are supposed to hold themselves to a high standard, but they are people too..

So I dunno, if what Akane says is true there might be room for complaint.. However I imagine that the Complaints Authority would hear the story, and be VERY dubious about it. And with good reason.

Old 17th June 2001, 19:10     #45
moocow

Akane, I recon your styles sweetas man..

That would have been the hell crackup...

nice uturn/switch moves

Old 17th June 2001, 19:18     #46
p-b

Yeah, when Akane would be getting up to tell he story he would be like, "So anyway, my friend was driving without his license, so we switched seats when the cop pulled us over and then when he asked us who was driving I decided to be a smart shit and pretend I didn't know English (despite the fact I am speaking perfect English now)."

Old 17th June 2001, 19:19     #47
Argo

Well I mean, I just reckon, if Akane was driving from the start, and the cop acted as he did, it'd be bloody unreasonable. I mean one night, I went to Quay street to get some gas at Mobile, I pulled out with no cars coming my way and then a cop pulls me over. He was a real rude son of a bitch too, and just randomly took my license and checked it for a good 10 minutes. I mean hell it didn't really affect me, but I just think it's pointless. During those 10 minutes, he could of caught someone else doing 160km down Quay street.

Also, coming back from Paeroa, they had a license check. This cop was checking my license which is totally OK, he then gives it back and just growls at me saying 'Keep your speed down son'.

It's dickheads like these that really make people dislike cops, however I've had some really really good encounters with some police, but that's another story

Old 17th June 2001, 19:23     #48
Heyzoos
Robosexual

I don't get it. If the cop saw you switching seats. Why didn't he just have a chat with your friend? You were obviously being a dick about the whole situation, but if I was the cop I would have ignored you and talked to your friend.

He shouldn't have had an emotional reaction to your bullshit. That was silly of him. But I doubt that he was beng racist. I'm guessing that you were just looking for a racist overtone in anything he said.

Oh yeah if I was a cop and you tried that shit on me. I would arrest you for obstruction of justice. You should be a little more mature and get over your cop hating attitude.

Old 17th June 2001, 19:58     #49
Akane

Obstruction for what? I'm asian, and I do speak bad english when I'm nervous (People who seen me should know, sometimes I have to speak a sentence 4 times just to make Argo understand what I say). That's not the point, the point is, he shouldn't have an attitude over whatever. That's just bad. What's this, now I want to make a complaint then he flee's off? what's this shit? If he's unsure of what happen, then shut the fuck up. At one stage he said "I know you have been racing"
then i said "You saw me racing?"
he said "No, but I KNOW THIS CAR HAS BEEN RACING"
(now that's BS this car is an old alpha which can barely go up a hill, we used it as transport to go see those skylines drift)

He's trying to assume things, typical.
anyways i don't wanna drift off to something else (excuse the pun). Just trying to say, his attitude sucks, throwing licence on the ground and make me bend down to pick it up, i should've said I have a sore back and if he doesen't pick it up he'll be in deep shit, and we'll see what'sup then.

Old 17th June 2001, 20:20     #50
Ard Righ

Thumbs down

If I was the cop, I would have emptied out the entire car of anything and everthing that was in it, and THEN ask who was driving the car.

If I didn't get a straight answer, I would do a quick walk around, check on the registration, drivers license, WOF, tires, lights, and generally anything else I could have booked you for, and found a way to make your night shit.

Then I'd say "HAFF A GOOD NIGHT" as I drove away.

Face it Akane, you fucked up, the cop knew it, you knew it, and you deliberatly screwed the cop around. I have seen cops that would do a lot more shit than just throw your license on the ground. Oh boohoo you had to pick it up.

Old 17th June 2001, 20:23     #51
Master Villain

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Akane:

and I pretend I don't know english, and say "who wha? what?"
</font>
You admitted you were trying to be difficult in the first post.... Now you're trying to claim it wasn't all an act? Get your story straight.

Old 17th June 2001, 20:35     #52
Pulp*

I hate to say it but I'll concur with Akane, if what he says is true.

Cops pull me over for random shit too - it just pisses me off

Old 17th June 2001, 20:35     #53
Argo

Lets all get off the 'slag Akane' bandwagon huh. Akane was in the wrong for swapping seats, the cop was a wanker for being over reacting. End of story, now lets all jump off the wagon shall we?

Old 17th June 2001, 20:51     #54
dios

/me thanks god Ard righ isn't a cop - just what we need, more power tripping cops out to make peoples lives crap - way to get the public on your side

Akane was obviously wrong in swapping seats, but he cop was outta line, throwing a licence on the ground, racism and generally being an asshole makes the cop sound like a real prick. Sure he has to deal with the scum of the earth every day of the week, and he is only human, but he could've at least tried to be nice.

[This message has been edited by dios (edited 17 June 2001).]

Old 17th June 2001, 20:59     #55
BLAiR`o_x
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Upside down

for what it's worth I vouch that Kenny speaks bad england ;/
As long as you're not bullshit.. go hard ~

Old 17th June 2001, 21:41     #56
Juju
get to da choppa

If I was the cop I would have talked to the dude in the passanger seat if I saw them swap, THEN talk to Akane.

But does anyone else find it funny that neither of them got a ticket out of all this?

Old 17th June 2001, 22:03     #57
Deadmeat

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Akane:
Alright, so when we leave, the pigs come, my mate has no licence, so he does a U-Turn, and me and him swap seats.
</font>
Sure the cop may have been wrong, but if you had been driving from the start instead of letting your unlicensed mate break the law... maybe this would never have happened.

Old 17th June 2001, 22:07     #58
Akane

dios: spot on.

Ard is just.... what, a very good example of what I want to say, power tripping, make our lives shit, what are you? god sent you to fuck the world up?

Yeap I'm obviously in the wrong for swapping seats (hey, we ain't stealin' shit or beating people up), so why can't hte cop can't just take it easy and stop giving me all he's got?

*sigh* i don't know anymore.

Old 17th June 2001, 22:24     #59
HeMan

Looks like you came out of it ok, so I guess you can't say he gave you everything he had. I'm sure he could've made matters a lot worse (even if he had no proof or what ever) and wasted your night by acting like a comlpete jackass. Heh, just hope he doesn't pull you over again somewhere else, that would suck

Old 17th June 2001, 22:50     #60
Solvent

Yeah the cop sounds like a munt.

And I think police efforts should be focused on "victim" crimes, eg rape,assault,burgulary rather than tickets etc. Althought I guess you could say driving without a licence could cause a death on the road but there is a difference between driving without a licence and having a fatal accident.

Old 17th June 2001, 22:53     #61
Argo

Solvent: You are completely right in saying what you said, however the NZ government makes lots and lots of dosh from speeding infringements every year...

Old 17th June 2001, 22:58     #62
Juju
get to da choppa

This is a cut and paste from the "This is just wrong!" thread a while back, you obviously didn't see it Solvent.

*paste*
Ugh.
When will people stop fucking complaining about the cops with the absolutly pathetic excuse of "YOU SHOULD BE CATCHING CRIMINALS AND RAPISTS AND AND IM NOT A CRIMINAL" etc.

In case you didn't notice, we have 120 (?) shiny new cop cars with yellow and blue stickers over them.
These are called Highway Patrol cars.
They Patrol the Highways.
That is what they do.
That is all they do.

Before these HP cars came along, we still had highway patrol cars, they were just in the same livery as incident cars.
A lot of the incident cars (the ones that catch rapists and real criminals...) don't even have any speed detecting equipment in them, let alone lasers. They either sit at the station, waiting for a call. Or patrol the streets looking for sus people.

Now imagine you were an incident car, patrolling around at 3am on a wednesday morning. Or even better, returning from an incident. You see a boyracer in a bombed out Sigma doing a handy around a corner. Are you going to go "ohh.. Im not a HP person, I won't pull him over"?
Nah, didn't think so.
Even if he did get a call out for a rapist while writing the ticket, I think he would drop the ticket and go off to the rapist.

Police are Police are Police. If they see you break the law, and they arn't busy with another call, then they will more than likely arrest/fine you. If they see dogyness, they will probaly want to speak to you.

Old 17th June 2001, 23:01     #63
Deadmeat

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Solvent:
Althought I guess you could say driving without a licence could cause a death on the road but there is a difference between driving without a licence and having a fatal accident. </font>
the difference being luck.

Old 17th June 2001, 23:40     #64
Carnage

these goddam anti pig threads always end up huge, I personally hate the pigs too, simply on the grounds of the fact that I do not believe that any one human being should have the right to influence the life of another, ever.

But then, I also realise the only real way to do away with the pigs for good is to disolve the government.

anyone else for a wee revolution?

[This message has been edited by Carnage (edited 17 June 2001).]

Old 17th June 2001, 23:49     #65
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carnage:
I personally have the pigs too, simply on the grounds of the fact that I do not believe that any one human being should have the right to influence the life of another, ever.

</font>

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahahha.

Old 17th June 2001, 23:50     #66
Carnage

Talking

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Juju:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahahha.

</font>
AAAAAAAAAAA hahahahah heheheh, ooooooo hohohohhoh

Old 17th June 2001, 23:51     #67
Solvent

I am not trying to complain about them, using that acuse.

Just making an non-related opinion, that police IMO should spend more time on critical things. Not spent NO time on traffic.

Old 17th June 2001, 23:57     #68
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

This one time I was flying a plane full of people without a license and after I landed the Airport Security came racing out to the plane, so I pulled a U-turn and swapped seats with the pilot and he got given a bollocking, being asked persistantly 'Who was flying the plane?!'.

Geez, it's not like we crashed or anything...

I wonder why Akane's post for sympathy didn't work???

Weird.

Old 18th June 2001, 00:02     #69
Deadmeat

Quote:
I do not believe that any one human being should have the right to influence the life of another, ever.

But then, I also realise the only real way to do away with the pigs for good is to disolve the government.
</font>
Correction, the only was to do away with 'pigs' is to eliminate all those parts of human nature that cause the cops to be needed.

Old 18th June 2001, 00:29     #70
wizardofOz

Sounds pretty overblown to me... Akane was an asshole to the cop, so the cop was an asshole back. Two wrongs dont make a right, but who was breaking the law? There isnt a law saying you can't be an asshole, but there is one saying you can't drive without a license. You are lucky you got away without some sort of penalty, let it lie.
ICQ #745426

Old 18th June 2001, 00:35     #71
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Juju:
/me watches upcoming episodes of Motorway patrol </font>
while reading akanes post, i was thinking ... "this sounds like those asian guys on motorway patrol, do they all [-edit- the asians that dont speak english well -edit- ] pretend not to fully understand?" I've heard cops on other programs make comments along the lines of "he fully understood what i was saying".

There are plenty of racist people, and there would be plenty of racist cops. If i was Maori, and a cop made a comment like that, I would be REALLY pissed. The fact that its a cop, and should know better, also the fact that you can't argue with a cop or else, would just get to me.

Disclaimer: I'm not racist. Fully against it.

------------------
The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night. Moolah

[This message has been edited by MadMax (edited 18 June 2001).]

Old 18th June 2001, 00:40     #72
Argo

If I ever encounter a cop who decides to dish out racial abuse against me, I'd tell him to get fucked and sue his ass off But that's just me ...

Old 18th June 2001, 01:06     #73
Carnage

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Deadmeat:
Correction, the only was to do away with 'pigs' is to eliminate all those parts of human nature that cause the cops to be needed.</font>
Hence my Global Extinction Policy (GEP) in which all life is systematically destroyed. it is the one true way.

Mwa hahahaha.

Old 18th June 2001, 01:20     #74
Deadmeat

Quote:
[b] Hence my Global Extinction Policy (GEP) in which all life is systematically destroyed. it is the one true way.
[b]</font>
Crummy as it may be im kinda attached to my life... but if you go first others might follow your example

Old 18th June 2001, 02:16     #75
p-b

Jumping on the bandwagon? We don't even have to jump to get anywhere near it. Akane is mowing us all down with it left, right and centre.

Old 18th June 2001, 08:49     #76
Imminent

I agree with simon. if you were acting like that, and the cop could most likely tell, then really you deserved all you got in the racism stakes

Old 18th June 2001, 09:05     #77
Kickass@School

Sad

funny..
getting smart to people is fun !

Old 18th June 2001, 09:29     #78
OdditY
Bad Hacker, No Biscuit

That "no speaka no engrish" thing that all the asians that get pulled over on the motorway patrol shows etc seem to pull all the time really pisses me off. i've seen it happen a fair bit at massey albany as well if someone gets put on the spot. I've seen classmates, some who speak english better even than me up & pull the "d'uh no engrish" thing in reply to questions from the lecturer etc. The questioner will always drop it, mainly cos they can't usually be sure about the english speaking abilities of the person, and don't want to cause a scene etc.

Old 18th June 2001, 09:34     #79
Argo

Hey, the no english thing really works to advantage sometimes :P

Old 18th June 2001, 10:29     #80
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Talking

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bango:
i didnt read anything of the above cept something about a cop. IM gonna be a good cop, and im gonna arrest all australians.</font>
Oh no, you know what this means people? She's gonna arrest everybody from the Hutt.

And dammit Bango how many times do I have to tell you "YOU ARE AUSTRALIAN!!!!