NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 25th September 2008, 12:35     #6001
Mickey

People that RSVP to a function the day before piss me off. You've had 4 weeks to reply. Enjoy your table by the toilets fucker.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:37     #6002
Spink

Can't troll in singleplayer baby
Old 25th September 2008, 12:54     #6003
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
tape library
Tape... tape... you mean, little bits of iron oxide stuck to a stretched polyster ribbon? The fuck? People still use that shit? Do they send memos to each other by scratching lines of octopus ink onto papyrus with a sharp stick?
Old 25th September 2008, 13:39     #6004
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Tape... tape... you mean, little bits of iron oxide stuck to a stretched polyster ribbon? The fuck? People still use that shit? Do they send memos to each other by scratching lines of octopus ink onto papyrus with a sharp stick?
Yes. Why do you think octopi sell so well on the black market?

But really, I don't know. "The one show" I worked on they were using digital and recording straight to DVD, which I gathered was out of the ordinary.

They still called the library that contained thousands of DVDs 'the tape library', so go figure :P
Old 25th September 2008, 13:41     #6005
StN
I have detailed files

Totally
Archaic
Production
Environment?
Old 25th September 2008, 13:42     #6006
Helious

GMG when I roll my ankle the night before I'm going to start training/running.

grr.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:02     #6007
MadMax
Stuff

nz public transport:

return ferry trip with the car & a return train trip from picton & back.

each ferry trip had its time changed at least twice due to weather & maintenance. wasn't overly fussed with this.

the tranzcoastal train fare down to chch was changed to bus which REALLY gmg as i didn't want a freakn bus ride - i've a perfectly good car that can do the same. then the train was delayed the next morning on the way back up - twice. awesome ride back up. if you take the scenic trains make sure you spend a good amount of time on the viewing platform car. poles & greenery flicking past you at 90kmph less than a meter away from you is fun. was so enjoyable it made me more annoyed that the ride down was by bus.

handy having email addresses and cell phone numbers provided when you get the tickets - both the ferry & rail called me and emailed me about the changes.

then i come home to find ants had got into our airtight sugar container.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:12     #6008
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Very angry

F*cking bung shoulder, being off martial arts and swimming until further notice and having to keep that arm as immobile as possible.
So how the fuck am I supposed to get any sort of workout without moving my right shoulder/arm at all?
Not to mention being unable to strap that shoulder up due to my skin suddenly deciding to be allergic to the fucking tape.

ARRRRRGH!!!
Old 25th September 2008, 14:20     #6009
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
Edit: Wii hasn't been getting a lot of play time recently though. The lack of decent online stuff is really quite a drawback.
QFT
Old 25th September 2008, 14:30     #6010
chiQ
Frag-muff

Very angry

When you start early and skip lunch so you can finish early because of a screaming (more like a migraine) headache, only to be told 'just this once', because despite it being COMPLETELY DEAD you're causing problems by changing your hours.

If I feel like this tomorrow I'm taking the day off. See how they like them apples.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:35     #6011
crocos

IMO? Decide that your migrane is too bad and you're starting to get vision issues, and fuck off home now so that you've actually got a chance in hell of being able to work tomorrow.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 25th September 2008, 14:35     #6012
Baal

GET YOUR FAT FUCKING ASSES WALKING UP THE TRAVELLATOR YOU FAT FUCKS! ARGH!
Old 25th September 2008, 14:37     #6013
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
When you start early and skip lunch so you can finish early because of a screaming (more like a migraine) headache, only to be told 'just this once', because despite it being COMPLETELY DEAD you're causing problems by changing your hours.

If I feel like this tomorrow I'm taking the day off. See how they like them apples.
Screw them, take it off anyway and have a long weekend. Hate when employers make you feel guilty for being unwell.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:41     #6014
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
GET YOUR FAT FUCKING ASSES WALKING UP THE TRAVELLATOR YOU FAT FUCKS! ARGH!
Old 25th September 2008, 14:42     #6015
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Tape... tape... you mean, little bits of iron oxide stuck to a stretched polyster ribbon? The fuck? People still use that shit?
Absolutely. Most people are too cheap to spring for XDCam or solid state cameras. And then there's the fact that manufacturers like Sony are making HD cameras that record on tape... Oh, and then there's cockmongers who like to do everything on MiniDV/DVCam. Burn in hell, those people.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:43     #6016
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Twitch

chiQ - damn that sucks. You'd think that there would be a stage where employers would start treating genuinely unwell employees with the respect due, rather than guilty schoolchildren pulling a sickie.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:22     #6017
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
... And then there's the fact that manufacturers like Sony are making HD cameras that record on tape...
I thought the HD recording was to hard-drive, not tape?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 25th September 2008, 15:30     #6018
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

chiQ - sounds like your boss has never had a migraine before, what an unsympathetic asshole.

Wrong numbers - some of you may remember me bitching and whining about the constant wrong numbers we received. Well the last straw happened the other day when we got one at 615am and which naturally WOKE UP THE SLEEPING BABY! We now have a new number. Our old number had apparently been disconnected in Nov '06 so go figure why we were getting so many calls. Hopefully will have better luck from now on.

My new WGMG? Speaking to helpdesk workers in another country. It took almost half an hour for the 2 Filipino-based staff that I spoke to to finally put me through to a NZ-based worker who was actually able to understand a word of what I was saying and who could help me without fucking disconnecting me and who knew how to use the "hold" function. I know overseas call centers are the new rage, but I don't like it.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:36     #6019
doppelgänger of someone

Telecom eh?
Old 25th September 2008, 15:45     #6020
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Nein. Don't get me wrong - you can record to hard drive if you want. Red One is such a camera. But I would assume a tape based HD cameras are cheaper than HDD based HD cameras. If you're operating on a budget an absolutely must get an HD camera, then you'll go for whichever is cheapest... People who've already got a tape based HD camera aren't going to upgrade.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:16     #6021
Kryten

Day 4 of being stuck on dial-up. The most frustrating thing is not so much the lack of bandwidth (I've got a decent enough gaming backlog that being without WoW isn't killing me), it's the loss of "always on Internet" that's driving me up the wall.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:47     #6022
Delphinus

Quote:
What doesn't grind my gears? Helpful and nice helpdesk staff who fix problems quickly and without fuss. And friendly to boot. I'm looking at you chiQ!
Old 25th September 2008, 17:28     #6023
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
My friend was shooting with one of these at the Rally of NZ:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...ModelDetailAct

That's right a US$9000 video camera - shooting in high def to MiniDV tape.
The recording media seems to work fine, I don't know what everyone's problem with using digital tape is.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:50     #6024
eff tee

Quote:

Wow that sucks! When you're feeling better m'dear, we must do the walkie thing
Old 25th September 2008, 18:07     #6025
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
F*cking bung shoulder, being off martial arts and swimming until further notice and having to keep that arm as immobile as possible.
So how the fuck am I supposed to get any sort of workout without moving my right shoulder/arm at all?
Not to mention being unable to strap that shoulder up due to my skin suddenly deciding to be allergic to the fucking tape.

ARRRRRGH!!!
You are of inferior build quality, What could possibly fuck your shoulder up to cause such problems?

I dropped a 1.5 tonne car on my chest, broke my ribs, collapsed a lung or two, fucked my shoulder, yea, i worked the next day. DIG DOWN YA PANZY.

What drs really mean when they say 'don't use it' is 'Use it alot, its the only way for it to heal, we just want to fuck you around and keep you coming back so we can charge you fucking heaps of money HAHAHAHAHA'

Honest, one told me.

/Troll

Stupid all day field work, makes me irratable.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:52     #6026
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
You are of inferior build quality, What could possibly fuck your shoulder up to cause such problems?
Hypermobile joints + martial arts + getting old
Not a winning combo.
Old 25th September 2008, 18:56     #6027
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Hypermobile joints + martial arts + getting old
Not a winning combo.
Muay thai + Army + Fabricator = tuff as a mutha fucker.

HOOOOORAAAA!

Sorry.

Back to fighting with autocad....

anyone got a tapered screw block i can steal so i don't have to draw my own :'(
Old 25th September 2008, 19:15     #6028
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

You think you're soooooooo tough.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:16     #6029
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You think you're soooooooo tough.
Well.... ah.... yea that was what i said >_<
Old 25th September 2008, 19:17     #6030
CCS
Stunt Pants

YOU THINK YOU'RE SO TOUGH, DON'T YOU?
Old 25th September 2008, 19:57     #6031
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
YOU THINK YOU'RE SO TOUGH, DON'T YOU?
Uh .. he dropped a car on himself and actually tells people about it as if it is a mark of pride. Reckon you can safely remove the word "think" from that sentence.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:18     #6032
Haydos

Stop teaming up on the Quintster.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:33     #6033
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Uh .. he dropped a car on himself and actually tells people about it as if it is a mark of pride. Reckon you can safely remove the word "think" from that sentence.
YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:45     #6034
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
Old 25th September 2008, 20:51     #6035
CCS
Stunt Pants

YOUR NOT MY REAL MOTHER!
Old 25th September 2008, 21:49     #6036
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

YOU ARE .. completely correct. But darling, your real mother was a crack whore and didn't want you. Even for the extra $82 a week that she could have got from the DPB.
Old 25th September 2008, 21:54     #6037
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'M RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME I HOPE YOU DIE
Old 25th September 2008, 22:00     #6038
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

But .. CCS .. its not time to make a change, just relax, take it easy. You're still young, that's your fault, there's so much you have to know...

Hey, where'd he go?
Old 25th September 2008, 22:07     #6039
CCS
Stunt Pants

I left you a surprise under your bedsheets! And no, it's not jizz... that's crocos' signature move.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:12     #6040
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Wow, this is like a Simple Plan song come to life.