Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 17th July 2008, 17:36     #4401
Haydos

@Pixie

Would Britney consider you a failure?

@SpaceCowboy

Hi little girl, are you back for a tea party?

@CCS

It's not true, you're still the most hated person, don't let these ruffians say any different.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:37     #4402
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Oh man, hes going nuts! DO ME, DO ME!
Do you?

I think you missed my conversation earlier when I turned down another kid from the sandbox, although

Rejoice, Quint and ePi - marriage potential?
Old 17th July 2008, 17:38     #4403
Reformed_Quint

Fuck that sucks, didn't get my own personal burn, just got lumped with a bunch of stump jumpers.

Thought you were cool, haydos.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:39     #4404
Gentl e

Lol, and I thought I was crapping up this thread
Old 17th July 2008, 17:40     #4405
Jonas Undrawing

Haydos, You would expect it coming from anyone because your ability to "evolve" arguments is akin to Failed Lobotomy when you hold it up to the yardstick of Success With Rational Thought.

You're in my hood and im talking to you and you are responding. I have your attention and that is my intention. I'm not going to quote you back at you to show how you threw a hissy this time. You did it in this thread, the exercise thread, the iran thread. You're munting up threads 1 at a time again. I told you not to and look. I'm going to keep on posting after you until you are gone. Because i still believe you are a cunt and i can spare the time.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:41     #4406
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Fuck that sucks, didn't get my own personal burn, just got lumped with a bunch of stump jumpers.

Thought you were cool, haydos.
It's my love for you Quint, you know I could never burn you. Maybe just drip hot candle wax on a nipple and flow with it?

@ Jonas - for a guy who attempts to proclaim he realises I'm a troll, etc etc, you sure do put a lot of effort in to your dialogue.

Ultimately, my only responses to you are disdainful, you actually attempt to reason with me - whats your bag, kid?
Old 17th July 2008, 17:43     #4407
Jonas Undrawing

to paraphrase: Eat a bowl of dicks
Old 17th July 2008, 17:44     #4408
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Undrawing
to paraphrase: Eat a bowl of dicks
Back to the apathy? Really?

In any case, no doubt I'll be blamed for taking this thread off topic when all I do is reply to innane posts to enjoy their frustration.

So, to take it back on topic.

What grinds my gears? People who claim no responsibility for their emotions on an online forum.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:45     #4409
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

guys, all it takes is to click quote, copy the contents, go to the other thread and paste there... would appreciate it, this thread is too awesome to get fucked up.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:45     #4410
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
It wasn't a personal slur, if he took it as such, he has a weaker constitution than even you do.
You really should just drop this facade and admit that when you've got nothing intelligent left to say and realise you can't get people to agree with you, you just start throwing the insults around. This idea that you're a highly intellectual guy who wants only highly intellectual conversation and will only attack people when provoked is nothing but pretense. You know it, we all know it. The only stumbling block here is that you won't admit it.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:47     #4411
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
What grinds my gears? People who claim no responsibility for their emotions on an online forum.
That includes yourself, yes?
Old 17th July 2008, 17:48     #4412
Jonas Undrawing

"In any case, no doubt I'll be blamed for taking this thread off topic when all I do is reply to innane posts to enjoy their frustration.

So, to take it back on topic."

Thats about as close to admission as we're gonna get. Unless we turn up the heat.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:49     #4413
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos quoting Pixie
Blah blah blah.

You're a failure at something you're passionate about because you can't deliver a performance anyone wants to remember
This is the only comment that I'm going to address, because the rest is just drivel.

Having never been to one of Pixies gigs you are in no position to assess if you would actually like it or not. Speaking as someone that has been to - and paid for - a few gigs where often I didn't KNOW Pixie was playing, not finding out until afterwards, I enjoyed the music and would willingly have paid more for the performance that I heard and saw.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th July 2008, 17:50     #4414
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
That includes yourself, yes?
Aw chachi, you don't see me claiming that you're destroying the sanctity of this thread by repeatedly giving me opportunity to troll you further, do you?

Cmon Georgio, you're better than this.

You're attempting to argue that I don't actually want to discuss things at a friendly level and simply hope that someone breaks and insults me, so I can insult them.

Would this not fit under people not taking responsibility for their own emotions? If my point meant nothing, why take it so personally? (i.e @ Jonas, @ Pixie and @ Anyone else who A: Insult me and then B: Get angered at the fact that I reply )
Old 17th July 2008, 17:50     #4415
cEvin
Love In Vein

do we need to bring back the haydos thread just so all this crap can stay out of decent threads?
Old 17th July 2008, 17:51     #4416
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
This is the only comment that I'm going to address, because the rest is just drivel.

Having never been to one of Pixies gigs you are in no position to assess if you would actually like it or not. Speaking as someone that has been to - and paid for - a few gigs where often I didn't KNOW Pixie was playing, not finding out until afterwards, I enjoyed the music and would willingly have paid more for the performance that I heard and saw.
OK, ok ok.

You enjoy his music, I'm glad for him, he has a fan - my point was, when a musician who does local gigs, who probably doesn't earn a real career living out of what they do, critique someone who is a mega superstar based on talent, it gets a little rich.

Happy? Chappy?
Old 17th July 2008, 17:51     #4417
[Malks] Pixie

Thanks Crocos... greatly appreciated actually.

Pixie
Old 17th July 2008, 17:52     #4418
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
OK, ok ok.

You enjoy his music, I'm glad for him, he has a fan - my point was, when a musician who does local gigs, who probably doesn't earn a real career living out of what they do, critique someone who is a mega superstar based on talent, it gets a little rich.
Haydos - where did I critique a mega star - please note my previous post highlighting that I did not dispute that Britney has talent?

Pixie
Old 17th July 2008, 17:52     #4419
cEvin
Love In Vein

oh lol, someone already has
Old 17th July 2008, 17:53     #4420
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
failing that- how do you block people?
Click the name, click "View Public Profile", on the right of the screen, click the "Add Haydos to Your Ignore List" link, click Submit, done.

Old 17th July 2008, 17:55     #4421
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Haydos - where did I critique a mega star - please note my previous post highlighting that I did not dispute that Britney has talent?

Pixie
You stated the reasoning behind judging someone on the success through their fan base was retarded reasoning, in relation to the idea that something must be lesser (the Herald) in order to gain more (readers)
Old 17th July 2008, 17:55     #4422
darkness

Quote:
Why? Because they deliver better performances and are far better as musicians than Vai is.
wait WTF?

have you ever been to a Vai performance. His live shows put many many to shame. Yes he's not "mainstream" is thats what your definition seems to be.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:56     #4423
Haydos

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
wait WTF?

have you ever been to a Vai performance. His live shows put many many to shame. Yes he's not "mainstream" is thats what your definition seems to be.
I have been to a Vai performance and I don't mind some of his music, but he doesn't deliver anywhere near the same type of performance as a John Mayer for instance.

If he did, his fanbase would swell, talent sells itself.

Take a look at Pete Sampras, most uncharismatic sportsman potentially of the modern era, yet one of the most loved, why? Talent.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:57     #4424
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

copy/paste into here http://www.nzgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80670

dont like my thread? make your own, i dont care, keep it out of here ffs.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:59     #4425
lektronimo

Quote:
I have been to a Vai performance and I don't mind some of his music, but he doesn't deliver anywhere near the same type of performance as a John Mayer for instance.

If he did, his fanbase would swell, talent sells itself.

Take a look at Pete Sampras, most uncharismatic sportsman potentially of the modern era, yet one of the most loved, why? Talent.
You are confusing talent with popularity.
Old 17th July 2008, 17:59     #4426
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
You stated the reasoning behind judging someone on the success through their fan base was retarded reasoning, in relation to the idea that something must be lesser (the Herald) in order to gain more (readers)
No - the discussion was in regards to talent - and I stated that I did not agree that sales (which was what were were discussing) was the sole indicator of talent.

Fuck this - I'm going home.

Pixie
Old 17th July 2008, 18:06     #4427
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

Thumbs up

I think the lesson learned today is this:

If the NZHerald, both editions, had the best journalism on display then this shitfest would never have happened.

GG NZHerald.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:07     #4428
Fitz

SODYAH
It is so clear now
Old 17th July 2008, 18:08     #4429
Gentl e

QED
Old 17th July 2008, 18:13     #4430
Jonas Undrawing

i dunno if i posted this or not. But they hand out the herald for free every week at work. They can't even give that shit away. It gets handed straight back unopened. Don't even bother reading the front page headline. A fair few workmates do the same. Its not even worth keeping in the house incase of flood or mess from handy work. Just useless.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:16     #4431
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Undrawing
i dunno if i posted this or not. But they hand out the herald for free every week at work. They can't even give that shit away. It gets handed straight back unopened. Don't even bother reading the front page headline. A fair few workmates do the same. Its not even worth keeping in the house incase of flood or mess from handy work. Just useless.
I actually keep about every 2nd copy given to me and take it home to my folks. Only during Winter though - gets used for lighting the fire, and one copy lasts 2-3 nights. Could make it last more nights than that, but, well, it's the fucking Herald.

Old 17th July 2008, 18:31     #4432
CCS
Stunt Pants

Has anyone else noticed how they're slowing turning everything into those little lift-outs? It's like the Herald is becoming a daily lifestyle rag with a few bits of news included.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:38     #4433
Jonas Undrawing

i've noticed people in the 12 items or less queue eying the herald, picking it up to have a quick read, and spilling about a dozen glossy advertisements and & magazine type things onto the supermarket floor. They quickly just put it back and forget about reading the thing they intended to read.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:39     #4434
lektronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Has anyone else noticed how they're slowing turning everything into those little lift-outs? It's like the Herald is becoming a daily lifestyle rag with a few bits of news included.

And none of them are aimed at men. Hmmmm, coinkidink...? I think not.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:42     #4435
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, like I said, lifestyle rag :/
Old 17th July 2008, 19:12     #4436
CCS
Stunt Pants

WGMG

I'm sure everybody, at some point in their life, knows sombeody into whose ear (or arse) they wish to shove an umbrella and open it up. Right now I am wanting to find the biggest, sturdiest fucking golf brolly and jam it where the sun don't shine. Now, whilst opening an umbrella in someone's arse sounds like a hoot, I'm thinking that if I were to open an umbrella in someone's earhole, it would cause their brain to pulp and then explode as their skull gives way. Yes. That would be satisfying.

my boss is standing 4 metres away and doesn't realise I'm moaning about him *giggle*
Old 17th July 2008, 19:42     #4437
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Do eeet :>
Old 17th July 2008, 20:12     #4438
madmaxii

I concur - especially if your boss is Haydos.
Old 17th July 2008, 20:48     #4439
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

I don't get it, why don't people just put the "ignore" function to good use?
Old 17th July 2008, 20:51     #4440
[WanG] Wandarah

everyone responding to haydos, like he isnt just another anonymous fucko on the internet looking for a rise like the thousands before and inevitably, the thousands afterwards, GMG.