NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 25th April 2020, 22:12     #761
The Edge

So many people on Breitbart defending Trump and people should have understood he was just "being sarcastic". What happened to the many people who called healthlines asking if drinking disinfectant would kill coronavirus? Guess they missed the "sarcasm" part.
Old 6th May 2020, 19:44     #762
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

They blasted “Live and Let Die” while Trump walked around a Honeywell plant today in Arizona without a mask. It’s hard to believe this clip is real. https://twitter.com/zachjourno/statu...239425/video/1

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1257814281330069504
Old 7th May 2020, 02:49     #763
Lightspeed

Laugh

Some true American heroes working the PA system in that factory.
Old 11th May 2020, 20:07     #764
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Thumbs up

Obamagate!

[posted by request from anons to prove Q+ status]

You might have forgotten about it, but Donald + Durham's criminal investigation into the FBI/DOJ corruption [fake Russian dossier, spying on election campaign] certainly hasn't.

John Podesta's testimony confirms the dossier was paid for 50/50 between Hillary Campaign law firm and DNC

Predictions? Or shall I wait for the media to "inform" your opinion?

I'm going with August for significant events, a nice mid point between now - the beginning of it being made "public" knowledge - and November elections, so there's enough time to inform, hopefully prosecute the main players [August], then campaign based on what the public will have learned. It's not a "secret" anymore - the information has been available for quite some time if you cared to look - but with the declass now happening, and Flynn freed, the marker has been reached. The promised "storm" is here.

Obama seems to have a lot to say these days. The news is filled with Covid and bashing Trump's response, but I think facts about corruption and distrust of media are spreading even faster than the virus. Expect a lot of Trump bashing in the media, it will be full panic mode to keep people thinking he's terrible.

As for Biden? Rumours are of Big Mike/Hillary taking his spot. He called himself a "transition candidate". Make of that what you will.

DOW's at 24300. Not bad for weeks of disruption and job losses. Worst president ever, amirite guys!?
Old 12th May 2020, 16:14     #765
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Melbourne protest yesterday, DrTitus was this you?

Old 12th May 2020, 17:16     #766
Cyberbob

Dems Deploying DARPA-funded AI-driven Information Warfare Tool to Target Pro-Trump Accounts

Q Reaffirms that Rogue "Splinter Cells" Accounted for 1% of the CIA/FBI/DOJ/NSA

How Is It Possible the Source Country of the Virus (Minus Wuhan) Was on Lockdown for Only 16 Days?

D's Timed Delivery of Impeachment Articles to Draw Attention Away from the 1st US COVID-19 Infection

We lost 100,000, no shutdown: 1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

The Long and Ugly Truth About the Russia Hoax and Deep State's Failed Attempt to Stop Trump

My favourite: If Hillary Had Won, You'd Never Even Know What COVID-19 Is
Old 12th May 2020, 18:07     #767
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Worst president ever, amirite guys!?
Trump is being shown up by the likes of President Maduro, let alone more respectable world leaders. In his own press conferences, by his own behaviour.
Old 12th May 2020, 18:13     #768
Lightspeed

Today was super cringe. Big fucking banner "America leads the world in testing", medical devices laid out, like some arbitrary metric makes up for the stark deficit in leadership. Literally can't face up to questioning, walks out.
Old 13th May 2020, 00:28     #769
The Edge

I saw that, I thought he acted like a spoilt child who wasn't getting his way.
Old 13th May 2020, 09:44     #770
blynk

The thing is that it could have been a completely innocent comment when he said to the Asian reporter about asking China that question.

But for Trump, the likelihood is it wasn't, and he was just being racist
Old 13th May 2020, 11:34     #771
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/12/p...urt/index.html

Summary - Congress on 3 different occasions have gone after Trump's accountants and banks for disclosure on financial and tax records. Lower courts all said yes. Trump lawyers escalated to the Supreme Court.

Basic arguments from across the board - immune while sitting, it's politically motivated to him and his fam, it's fake news, Congress is overstepping its boundaries, Congress is fishing rather than investigating.

Counter argument - Presidents are just normal citizens, it started 3 years back so not politically influenced by all the BS from impeachment/election, 3 district courts all ruled against him, it's not for the Executive Branch to investigate Congress motivations, precedents generally support congress but normally, executive and congress normally reach an agreement but Trump admin has dug in (publically).

It's super interesting as the wider landscape is Judiciary vs Legislatie vs Executive.

That and I'd bet money that the Trump family tax affairs would be LOL material.
Old 16th May 2020, 18:35     #772
xor

Looks like Trump has got it in the bag, Beijing Biden has a good ring to it
Old 16th May 2020, 20:06     #773
The Edge

I don't think Joe should be written off just yet. Lots can happen between now and November.
If Trump continues on his current trajectory re coronavirus, and people just keep dying while he does as little as possible about the situation - but yet telling anyone who will listen that America is leading the world in everything, while ignoring the climbing death toll - I think Joe will easily walk away the victor.
Mind you, I was certain Hillary was going to win in 2016, and we all know how that turned out. These days I take the polls with a grain of salt, but I'm hopeful.
Old 17th May 2020, 08:45     #774
xor

Crooked Hillary and Beijing Biden, the guy the best shit talker out there and will win based on that alone IMO.
Old 17th May 2020, 13:21     #775
The Edge

facepalm

You don't think Trump talks shit? Disinfectant and bright light would kill off coronavirus (without mentioning the latter would also kill you at the same time)? Ooookayyy...
Old 17th May 2020, 15:49     #776
xor

eeeeh? I think you misread my previous post. Trump is most definitely a shit talker and he'll win because of his ability to talk shit and run others into the ground.
Old 18th May 2020, 00:21     #777
The Edge

Not wanting to sound like a dick, but I hope you're wrong. After his catastrophic handling of coronavirus, I feel like he deserves to lose in November. A number of the people who have died were quite likely going to vote for him too.
Old 18th May 2020, 00:55     #778
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

DIdn't you hear? that's a lie spread by the fake news media. You can only trust what Donald Trump says personally, until he says something later that retcons the thing you currently believe, and then he never said it.
Old 18th May 2020, 11:56     #779
Nich

Maybe if Biden gets young blood transfusions he'll be able to complete sentences and his wife won't have to do the talking for him.
Old 18th May 2020, 15:11     #780
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
Not wanting to sound like a dick, but I hope you're wrong. After his catastrophic handling of coronavirus, I feel like he deserves to lose in November. A number of the people who have died were quite likely going to vote for him too.
meh, i'm pretty indifferent about who leads the USA. I don't really think it'd be any different if there were another Obama in power imo.

As for the people who have died thus far with Covid-19. I don't think the numbers will stop, this thing is here to stay until a vaccine has been created, and nobody has any idea how long that'll take..
Old 18th May 2020, 15:17     #781
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
meh, i'm pretty indifferent about who leads the USA. I don't really think it'd be any different if there were another Obama in power imo.
I couldn't disagree more. The amount of misinformation and mishandling Trump & the Republican party has directly been responsible for, means it's so much worse than it should have been.
Old 18th May 2020, 16:40     #782
xor

Fair enough, I'm curious about the time span from now until a vaccine is available. The current social distancing is going to delay people from getting sick but will it actually stop it?
Old 18th May 2020, 16:41     #783
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Why are people assuming there's going to be a vaccine any time soon? ever?

No vaccine for cancer, the cold (also often caused by coronaviruses), herpes, Marburg, a million other diseases. Just because we really really want one doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Old 18th May 2020, 17:07     #784
xor

That's what I'm inferring. The virus is still out there and isn't going away. Social distancing is great but what about 12 months time? You can't lock up a population forever, and when you do people will get sick/die.
Old 20th May 2020, 07:46     #785
Cyberbob

Tradition graveyard thus far:

Daily press briefings
White House Correspondent's dinner
Relasing of tax returns.
White House Iftar Dinner
And now, Predecessor Portrait Unveiling
Old 20th May 2020, 15:17     #786
The Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Why are people assuming there's going to be a vaccine any time soon? ever?

No vaccine for cancer, the cold (also often caused by coronaviruses), herpes, Marburg, a million other diseases. Just because we really really want one doesn't mean it's going to happen.
I guess there's a little cause to be optimistic, if this story is anything to go by:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12333018
Old 20th May 2020, 17:03     #787
Lightspeed

Trump is draining the swamp... of people who say there shouldn't be a swamp.

Democrats blast removal of acting DOT inspector general
Old 29th May 2020, 09:32     #788
Cyberbob

Trump Tweets Video Declaring That ‘The Only Good Democrat Is A Dead Democrat’

Just so you know where this is going.
Old 29th May 2020, 15:20     #789
Cyberbob

100K dead in US due to Covid19: No big deal.

Record 50 million unemployed: So what.

Unarmed black man being murdered on camera by a Policeman: Meh.

Twitter labels two tweets as potentially misleading: EXECUTIVE ORDER
Old 2nd June 2020, 17:26     #790
Lightspeed

Trump's brain turns on when there's an opportunity to bully people.

Tear gassing protesters so he can visit a church he never visits. Brilliant move. No doubt he was very gratified.
Old 2nd June 2020, 19:29     #791
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The video is so fucking weird. He turns from side to side like the high Vincent Vega meme and then holds the Bible upside down and back to front.
Old 3rd June 2020, 17:38     #792
Lightspeed

Old 3rd June 2020, 17:46     #793
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
holds the Bible upside down and back to front.
I don't doubt he did exactly that, but how do people know? I couldn't tell by looking at the video that was what he was doing. OTOH, I am profoundly ignorant when it comes to what even the cover of the bible looks like so... Is it that obvious just by the cover?
Old 3rd June 2020, 21:27     #794
Lightspeed

Old 3rd June 2020, 22:35     #795
pxpx

Nice
Old 4th June 2020, 11:05     #796
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Conservative writer George Will:

Quote:
Those who think our unhinged president’s recent mania about a murder two decades ago that never happened represents his moral nadir have missed the lesson of his life: There is no such thing as rock bottom. So, assume that the worst is yet to come. Which implicates national security: Abroad, anti-Americanism sleeps lightly when it sleeps at all, and it is wide-awake as decent people judge our nation’s health by the character of those to whom power is entrusted.
2 hours later: the bible photo-op.

There is no rock bottom. There is always some new "worse".
Old 4th June 2020, 11:47     #797
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Here's a thought (not original, I heard David Frum bring it up in a podcast): it is only a polite convention that a President should not pardon himself for crimes. It's not against any law.
Old 4th June 2020, 13:32     #798
Cyberbob

While unrelentlessly going on about voter fraud, Trump offers his own evidence.

President Trump tried to register to vote in Florida using an out-of-state address.

For those keeping track at home, this is a felony.
Old 4th June 2020, 13:43     #799
Cyberbob

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity.”

— Robert Hendrickson, Rector at St. Philip’s Episcopal Church in Tucson, Arizona.
Old 12th June 2020, 16:12     #800
Cyberbob

19,127 lies on record in 1,226 days.

A total index is available here

The latest: Trump Brags That His Company Never Asked for Federal COVID Relief. It Did.