Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 16th June 2007, 10:16     #121
Rocket

i recorded it if anyone wants it
Old 16th June 2007, 12:13     #122
Helious

The 4400 starts again on Monday.. Will be interesting to see how that goes. I followed it quite closely and i'm thinking they're going to have a hard time doing much with it now that Heroes has taken over.
Old 16th June 2007, 12:16     #123
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
i recorded it if anyone wants it
Keen to see, can't offer you anywhere to upload it though. The TV3 link is still dead
Old 16th June 2007, 13:21     #124
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Keen to see, can't offer you anywhere to upload it though. The TV3 link is still dead
Strange, that tvnz link works fine for me..
Old 16th June 2007, 13:24     #125
?>Superman

Yeah no idea why it doesn't work for me, i've tried both firefox n internet explorer(not just the IEtab)
Old 19th June 2007, 00:43     #126
Helious

a new show called Jekyll started earlier tonight, I've watched the first episode and I can safely say I'm quite keen to see how this season turns out.

from http://www.tv.com/jekyll/show/69232/...esults;title;0

James Nesbitt stars as the infamous Doctor Jekyll that struggles to deal with his dark alter-ego, Mr. Hyde. This a re-working of the world-famous tale designed for modern times. The Doctor employs high-tech wizardry to keep his other half in check and protect his wife and kids while a shadowy organization endeavors to use the Doctor's 'ailment' toward their own goals.
Old 19th June 2007, 18:52     #127
silva^

Man, chef Ramsay has upped the anger level this season, he is truely scary! I dunno how some of those people dont shit themselves
Old 19th June 2007, 21:26     #128
Helious

hahaha yeah, was a good episode.

Kyle XY has started again for those that watched the first season.. Found the first couple to be pretty good.
Old 21st June 2007, 01:38     #129
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
The 4400 starts again on Monday.. Will be interesting to see how that goes. I followed it quite closely and i'm thinking they're going to have a hard time doing much with it now that Heroes has taken over.
I see that S4E1 is up on the torrents
But what was the last season of 4400 that was shown on TV2 or 3? must be almost 2 years ago now.

The last scene I remember is a dude in his office and this naked black chick comes in and says hello? and she was the baby of the white chick and black dude who worked security for the rich guy.
Thats pretty vage but thats all I remember..

What season was that?

C
Old 24th June 2007, 16:48     #130
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
I see that S4E1 is up on the torrents
But what was the last season of 4400 that was shown on TV2 or 3? must be almost 2 years ago now.

The last scene I remember is a dude in his office and this naked black chick comes in and says hello? and she was the baby of the white chick and black dude who worked security for the rich guy.
Thats pretty vage but thats all I remember..

What season was that?

C
Anyone able to answer this?
Coz I don't want to go downloading the seasons if I'm a season behind.

C
Old 24th June 2007, 16:59     #131
ZoSo

Quote:
a new show called Jekyll started earlier tonight, I've watched the first episode and I can safely say I'm quite keen to see how this season turns out.
Cool. Just came here to get opinions on this. Did you find any 350mb versions though? Stuff grabbing 600's.
Old 24th June 2007, 17:10     #132
Helious

Quote:
Anyone able to answer this?
Coz I don't want to go downloading the seasons if I'm a season behind.

C
sorry mate, didn't see this here..

that's the end of season 2.. so yeah, you're a whole season behind at this stage.
Old 24th June 2007, 17:11     #133
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Cool. Just came here to get opinions on this. Did you find any 350mb versions though? Stuff grabbing 600's.
strange eh? my one is 508MB

I'm not happy about that, at all.
Old 24th June 2007, 17:56     #134
Solvent

Quote:
The only scene releases you'll find will be 700mb. A 350mb release would be a bit nasty, it runs 53min. Personally I wish there was an HR release, not particularly nice watching 352p once you're used to HR/720p.
Old 24th June 2007, 23:13     #135
Caesar

Quote:
sorry mate, didn't see this here..

that's the end of season 2.. so yeah, you're a whole season behind at this stage.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FUCK IT!..

So they never showed S3 here then.
Gonner have to download the torrent of thats season then.

Cheers man..

C
Old 25th June 2007, 00:23     #136
Lat1n0

Any other TV shows good for 2007?

I am watching "Traveler" which is okay - Watched also "The Riches" that was alright too but anything else worth getting?
Old 13th July 2007, 10:06     #137
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Tonight's tv show of interest is a documentary on Prime at 9:30pm called True Stories: The World's Biggest Penis..
I don't know if it is a recurring series, but this seems to be on again tonight.
for those who might be interested.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:55     #138
ZoSo

Outrageous Fortune season 3, tomorrow night TV3, 9:30pm
Old 16th July 2007, 23:38     #139
[WanG] Wandarah

that flight of the conchords show is floating about, saw the first 4 eps last weekend - way funnier than i thought it'd be
Old 17th July 2007, 08:43     #140
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
that flight of the conchords show is floating about, saw the first 4 eps last weekend - way funnier than i thought it'd be
I search for that last week, but couldn't find the first ep. I found the next couple. I might have another look
Old 17th July 2007, 19:46     #141
Rom
Your pants are like my pants

My viewing habits of late have mainly been a British affair. Some of these have been out for a while.

QI (Quite Interesting) - Quiz show Hosted by Stephen Fry. The panel is made up of regular Alan Davies and a host of other comedians i.e Bill Bailey, Rich Hall, Dara O'Briain etc.
Points are awarded for being interesting or funny (and, very occasionally, right) but points are deducted for answers which merely repeat common misconceptions and urban myth.
Surprising not a bad show and at 30mins long a good filler.

BBC's Seven Ages of Rock. The history of rock with each episode dealing with a certain area. Punk, Heavy metal, British indie etc.

Derren Brown - Trick or Treat. The focus of the show is on one volunteer that either receives a good experience or a bad experience. The experience the volunteer receives is decided by which card they choose. If they choose the card that says 'Trick' they receive a bad experience and if they choose the card that says 'Treat' they receive a good experience.

Jekyll is turning out to be pretty good. The black Vans were cheesy though. Unless that was the idea.

If you're into Talent shows then Britian's got Talent was an enjoyable watch. Didn't expect it to be, but some real gems in there. Better I feel compared to the U.S version which it's based on.
Old 23rd July 2007, 20:18     #142
Caesar

If anyone is interested the Pilot of The Sarah Connor Chronicles is out.
5 Months before its due to be shown on TV...

C
Old 24th July 2007, 00:19     #143
Jenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom
Jekyll is turning out to be pretty good. The black Vans were cheesy though. Unless that was the idea.
This show, is so awesome. That is all.
Old 24th July 2007, 13:16     #144
Lat1n0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenza
This show, is so awesome. That is all.
Huge files for episode 650Mbs! Most shows are like 350Mbs!
Old 24th July 2007, 13:31     #145
ZoSo

Quote:
If anyone is interested the Pilot of The Sarah Connor Chronicles is out.5 Months before its due to be shown on TV...
So, any good? I'm guessing not.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:27     #146
Fred

Quote:
So, any good? I'm guessing not.
Surprisingly, not bad. The actress playing Sarah Connor isn't a patch on Linda Hamilton but once you work past that it actually seems to have some potential. It gains instant marks from me by pretty much ignoring the silliness that was T3 and continuing from T2's end point.

Worth a look.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:28     #147
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

T3? There was no T3. That's crazy talk.
Old 24th July 2007, 18:46     #148
Solvent

Jekyll is wicked. Killer BBC business. Pity there's only one left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat1n0
Huge files for episode 650Mbs! Most shows are like 350Mbs!
It's 2007, what's the big deal? 55~ mins would be pretty awful at 350mb. I'm just disappointed we don't see more shows on BBC HD for some quality HR/720p viewing.
Old 24th July 2007, 19:52     #149
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
Worth a look.
Thanks. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvent
It's 2007, what's the big deal? 55~ mins would be pretty awful at 350mb.
I dunno, Sopranos Season 6 pt 2, 350's were decent enough. If I like it, I go and grab the DVD's anyway for future replays. Jekyll while a pretty sweet show, isn't exactly great HD material, unless you're hanging out for high res 'eye' changes maybe. 350's would be fine.
Maybe I'm not watching on a great setup or something but *shrug* works for me.
Old 24th July 2007, 20:08     #150
Solvent

Awful is maybe slightly too harsh, but once you get used to HR/720p you quickly notice how nasty 624x352~ is in comparison. I suppose 40min / 350mb works sufficiently but when you stretch it out to 55~ min the bitrate drops well below 1000kbps and becomes pretty noticeable.

I just think in 2007 why not take advantage of high resolution encoding. I guess it's similar to why some people find 128kbps/low bitrate mp3s acceptable.
Old 24th July 2007, 20:52     #151
verve_rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
Surprisingly, not bad. The actress playing Sarah Connor isn't a patch on Linda Hamilton but once you work past that it actually seems to have some potential. It gains instant marks from me by pretty much ignoring the silliness that was T3 and continuing from T2's end point.

Worth a look.
Plus Summer Glau!
Old 24th July 2007, 22:55     #152
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

One Tree Hill is still good.
Old 24th July 2007, 23:43     #153
CCS
Stunt Pants

No it's not. It's a show for teenaged girls you fucken sissy.
Old 25th July 2007, 22:47     #154
ZoSo

The Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't too bad I guess. But Reaper pilot is great
Old 25th July 2007, 23:20     #155
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvent
Jekyll is wicked. Killer BBC business. Pity there's only one left.
Didn't realise that the guy who wrote it is the guy who wrote the best episodes of the latest Doctor Who series (i.e. Blink)
Old 26th July 2007, 23:23     #156
verve_rat

Quote:
But Reaper pilot is great
Good, funny in places. Great potential.
Old 29th July 2007, 18:55     #157
Helious

Jekyll season finale~

Fuck that was mean!!!! some fucking good tv!
Old 30th July 2007, 13:22     #158
Kryten

Quote:
But Reaper pilot is great
Reaper was awesome and for added awesome, they've replaced Nikki Reid with Missy Peregrym (Candice from Heroes) in the role of Andi.

As best I can work out (this is after discussing with a friend who went, we might be both on crack), the version they've just shown at the San Diego Comic Con had been reshot with Missy. Either that or the Dust Buster makes it through to the next episode.
Old 31st July 2007, 00:29     #159
Caesar

Bionic Woman S01E01 is out.

Haven't check it out myself yet but...

C
Old 31st July 2007, 08:48     #160
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

The Two Coreys is out ... don't recommend it. Thought it might be funny to see 'em both together but they're just really sad.