Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 2nd November 2010, 20:28     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour releases MP's expenses

Quote:
Labour leader Phil Goff has released full details of his MPs' expenses for July, August and September, ignoring Speaker Lockwood Smith's decision to withhold the information.

The total is $741,568.

"I believe that MP expenses should be transparent and made public. I do not agree that some costs should be withheld. We all need to be accountable for the expenses we incur as we do our jobs as MPs," said Mr Goff in a Labour press release.

"That's why I'm releasing our full costs today. These show that international travel, spousal travel and personal domestic travel accounts for 8 per cent of Labour's total travel and accommodation expenses.

"As the Speaker has already noted, this amount has been deducted from MPs' salaries. But I'm concerned that withholding these figures creates an impression the cost is much higher than it actually is, so I've decided to release Labour's totals.

"I'm calling on all other party leaders to show the same commitment to transparency and to release the details of their MPs' expenses and for the Speaker to return to the former - and more transparent - form of release," Phil Goff said.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10684844

Owned Lockwood. You dumb fuck.
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:04     #2
Deff
I felt shocked

Single best thing Goff has done to date.

Sack growth for the win.
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:16     #3
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ravel-expenses

<insert TheStandard conspiracy theory about how it was a C/T all long ploy to make JK look like the good guy!>