Old 12th October 2003, 12:46     #201
Jenza

Quote:
Originally posted by Rivertrog
omfg you stole my cat!

The G/F's cat.
Old 20th October 2003, 15:37     #202
Kryten

About time I posted an action shot. This is racing near Taupo this season, closest to camera is Neo (2 y.o.) and furthest is Kali (5 y.o.). The race is NZ champs, where we won our class

Neo is a big dickhead mamma's boy. Such a clown. Kali is our grumpy matriach, who keeps him in line More pics on our website, including puppies and our other doggies.
Old 20th October 2003, 15:45     #203
Kryten

Here's the other dogs (youngest to oldest). We show our dogs, hence the posey photo's Emmy & Cooper are brother and sister, Trinity is their mommy.

Cooper (4 months)

Emmy (4 months)

Tonka (16 months)

Trinity (3 years)
Old 20th October 2003, 16:33     #204
Biggus
Beaner!

Cool Pics Kryten , used to love watching the teams racing in the Swiss Alps, just something about it...

The neighbours cat has also caught pot cat syndrome too, much to the disgust of our cat.

*Yawn*

Last edited by Biggus : 20th October 2003 at 16:37.
Old 20th October 2003, 16:38     #205
[oOalienOo]

Kryten, they are beautiful dogs.
Old 20th October 2003, 16:38     #206
eff tee

Kryten, your dogs are beautiful. What a face on Cooper

Biggus, so what's really growing in that pot, hmmm? Catnip?
Old 20th October 2003, 16:47     #207
Kryten

Thanks for the comments I forgot to mention that Tonka is the demon hell child of Trinity and Neo (we've had a grand total of two litters).
Old 20th October 2003, 16:54     #208
Biggus
Beaner!

eff tee, dont think so it looks like just weeds and mondo grass, but I'm no gardening fanatic either ( you can probably guess that by the 6ft high weed behind the 2nd image)

Here's my Mum's new pet, the Mare died giving birth so it's being bottle fed.

Old 20th October 2003, 17:03     #209
Divine

Old 20th October 2003, 17:11     #210
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryten
About time I posted an action shot. This is racing near Taupo this season, closest to camera is Neo (2 y.o.) and furthest is Kali (5 y.o.). The race is NZ champs, where we won our class
Wicked photo!
Would be fun to try (well, much slower! otherwise I'm sure I'd have some sort of crash!)
Old 20th October 2003, 17:14     #211
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Quote:
Originally posted by Biggus
Here's my Mum's new pet, the Mare died giving birth so it's being bottle fed.
What a beautiful foal - do you know what breed? (TB/WB/SB/Other?)

My baby darling arrived in Wellington on Friday ! so happy
Pics of her are here.
Old 20th October 2003, 18:19     #212
riven

She has lovely markings perfk, how old is she..?

Where are you grazing her..?
Old 20th October 2003, 19:06     #213
MadMax
Stuff

Our flats resident cat, "Gin Gin", or Ginge... or Balls ...

not my pc mkay
Old 20th October 2003, 19:38     #214
Phrack

i want cooper! :>
Old 20th October 2003, 19:48     #215
Chingo De Mecos

Very sad

This morning we realised one of our love birds had escaped from thier cage outside, but we hadn't the time to catch it before work.
So at about 5:30 this evening, the old lady and myself roll up to find one of my dogs greeting us with a very dead green feathery gift at the front door.

There was no blood so we think it either had a heart attack or flew into the ranch sliders. Poor Holly (the dog) was just bringing it to us

The worst part is, it's gay lover (for some reason we had two males) keeps shreaking for it to come back.
It's sad

Anyway, here's my two dogs Holly and Daisy And yep, that's how Holly lies all the time. I once got up in the middle of the night to find her sitting up right on one of the sofas like a human. And Daisy who's a one of a kinda chocolate cocker spaniel is my favorite. I've taught her to growel when she's happy, I can play her like an instrument. Great party trick right there

Pics of my cat will be coming soon
Old 21st October 2003, 00:08     #216
eff tee

Biggus - Sorry to hear about your mums mare. Cute baby.

Perfk - Great that you've been reunited with Odette. Is that Ohariu Valley? Looks like too much grass though....
Old 21st October 2003, 07:49     #217
Perfk
snakes & ladders

thanks eftee Yeah, it is Ohariu (Greendowns), and for $130/month of my precious money they better keep having that grass available! haha

riven: Ohariu Valley is just out of J'ville (6kms out - of hills - I know this because I'm stupid enough to bike it). She's 8 I think, just stopped growing last year.

madmax: that second pic is great!
red light stripper cat!
Old 21st October 2003, 11:28     #218
eff tee

Ahhh, Greendowns. Thought that arena looked familiar. I started my dressage education with Helen Keen and Andrea Raves, but Andrea's German-ness frightened the shit out of me, and the day I had an asthma attack was the last lesson I had with her!

You bike that distance?? Are you MAD?? You must be seriously fit, that is a bitch of a road!
I hope you have a great season with your girl. There are some nice people in the Valley, and some good riding country.
Old 21st October 2003, 12:27     #219
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Yeah - I think as a showjumper at heart that perhaps going to a dressage barn was the dumbest thing I could have done. But we'll see... it's about on par with biking that distane (I am totally unfit!) when it comes to dumbness!

It does look like there are some nice people out there - but a whole bunch of snobs too! So I think I'll just keep to myself a bit for a while I'm only at the stage of teaching my girl how to lunge at the moment anyway - so shows will be after Christmas at the earliest I guess

How are your GGs going?
Old 21st October 2003, 12:57     #220
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally posted by Kryten
Cooper (4 months)
What's the bling bling for a puppy?
Old 21st October 2003, 13:45     #221
Kryten

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoon1
What's the bling bling for a puppy?
We sell our pets (i.e. non show dogs) for $800 with marked papers etc. Show dogs we come to an arrangement about, as Mrs. Kryten likes to have dual ownership etc. (it's really her interest, not mine).

Cooper is looking for a new home, but we really want him shown (with the other two boys it's pretty hard to manage the showing of all of them). He's still only a wee puppy

FWIW some breeders will charge up to $1200 for a Malamute sold as a pet.
Old 21st October 2003, 13:54     #222
Perfk
snakes & ladders

wow - that's an amazingly good price for a malamute pup Kryten!
the man & I will certainly be getting in touch with you once we get some land!
Old 21st October 2003, 14:02     #223
Kryten

Quote:
Originally posted by PerfkDrug
wow - that's an amazingly good price for a malamute pup Kryten!
the man & I will certainly be getting in touch with you once we get some land!
Make sure you're land has fences Since a few people have commented, I'd recommend reading this.

And I forgot to mention, we actually charged people $900, but when they come back to use to prove that they've been speyed (5 girls, 1 boy in the last litter, and we've got a girl and the boy ourselves) we'll give them $100 back. Provides an incentive to get it done and with the $100 they get back, makes it quite a bit cheaper. We're sick of being asked to rehouse dogs so we're at least trying to do our bit
Old 21st October 2003, 14:07     #224
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Our land will certainly have fences (I have horses, and I'm a farm girl - so yeah). Also used to be friends with some malamute breeders up in Colyton (just outside of Fielding). BEAUTIFUL dogs - and great around the other animals too.

Edit to add: Also wondered if you can buy non-puppies? I prefer 'teenage' dogs and cats - but I know that malamutes are very protective, so I'm not sure how that would work if they were introduced to a new home later in life?

Last edited by Perfk : 21st October 2003 at 14:17.
Old 21st October 2003, 14:51     #225
eff tee

Kryten - thanks for that link. A return in perspective just squashed my puppy-love. Neither my existing very large dog or my 3 year old would appreciate a Mal pup. They rock though!

Perfk - I'll be pretty hands-on this season with my friend and her jumpers. She only has 4 this season, and they're all going super well. So grooming for showjumping, show hunter and a bit of eventing is probably my lot this year, but I will get to do plenty of riding, which is the main thing.
I'm still considering getting one bred, now I've seen something on the ground from my mate's Andy. We'll see...
Old 21st October 2003, 15:11     #226
Kryten

The thing with Mal's is that they're terribly self confident and outgoing, and so settling into a home with new owners is almost never a problem (unless there are some temperament issues). They're absolutely rubbish as guard dogs, as they love people and attention and are more likely to lead the burglar to the TV than prevent them from entering the house.

Not sure where you've heard that they're good around other animals and are protective - they're not. Anything from small animals (cats, birds) through to pigs and sheep are considered fair game to a Malamute (remember, these are only recently domesticated animals, and are the products of a very harsh environment). Thankfully our cats are smart enough to stay away from the dogs (we keep them well seperated), but accidents happen.

Edit - I've made them seem a bit angry - they're not. They're hella fun dogs, and are awesome with people as long as you're aware that they're *NOT* Labradors.

Last edited by Kryten : 21st October 2003 at 15:15.
Old 21st October 2003, 15:15     #227
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

I think I'll stick with a Lab then, when we can have one...
Old 21st October 2003, 15:24     #228
Biggus
Beaner!

Quote:
What a beautiful foal - do you know what breed? (TB/WB/SB/Other?)
It's a Welsh Mountain pony, She breeds them, Palamino's and Miniture Schnauzers.
It's like a circus there sometimes
Old 2nd November 2003, 13:32     #229
Biggus
Beaner!

*Both cats came to a compromise*

Although our cat still looks a little miffed at the neighbours cat took his spot

Old 2nd November 2003, 14:13     #230
eff tee

OMG I have the same pots LOL!
Mine have palms in them tho, not cats......
Old 2nd November 2003, 16:40     #231
chiQ
Frag-muff

Hehe, you can see Charlie has his eye on the furball. Very cute.
Old 2nd November 2003, 17:23     #232
strangecat

We have 3 rabbits and one cat and at the moment a duck that lands on the roof everyday for a free feed.

The cats name is Gremlyn - we picked her because she was the quiet one that was asleep in the pet shop but after naming her Gremlyn she turned into one! The other cats on the site is our ex flatmates.

Our rabbits are Jello, Lola and Lola's baby Beanie who she gave birth to a week or two after we got her, the other bunnies at the petshop got her pregnant so we got 2 for the price of one. It was a good thing that she only had one baby!

http://gofurboy.orcon.net.nz/pets.htm
Old 2nd November 2003, 17:26     #233
LordP

Hahaha, Biggus, that's all class

Great photo

If they're both curled up tightly, you might mistake them for a wierd looking pot plant - "WTF? A white furry pot plant?"
Old 19th December 2003, 10:14     #234
Kryten

This seemed like a good place to have a wee brag - Neo took Best In Show two weeks ago - only the 4th time in over 100 years of the NZKC that a Malamute has done it. And he's the first racing sled dog to do it

Obligatory cheesy photo:

Old 19th December 2003, 10:30     #235
eff tee

Kryten, that's awesome! Congrats!
Old 19th December 2003, 10:33     #236
chiQ
Frag-muff

Yeah, good stuff
Old 19th December 2003, 10:53     #237
bradman

Heh - Have to add some piks as well...

Squeak, year old heading dog, competing in a 'Fly-Ball' competition... humour plus to watch!

Zak in an Agility Competition. He's a jack russell/fox terrier cross and he goes like a sidewinder missile...

Kushka the cat - doing what he loves to do...

I made a wee page with pictures of competitions if anyones bored and wants a look... www.zakky.orcon.net.nz

Last edited by bradman : 19th December 2003 at 10:58.
Old 19th December 2003, 11:00     #238
Kryten

Snap - we had a Siberian Husky called Kushka Always wanted to have a go at agility, but our dogs are too "independent" for it.
Old 19th December 2003, 12:05     #239
Perfk
snakes & ladders

Biggus: do you have any updated photos of the foal? I love Welsh Mountains - my first "proper" pony was a Welsh Mountain (Punga BuzzBee/Thistledown lines I think - I don't have her papers anymore).

Kryten: You guys must be stoked! Neo looks lovely too!
Old 19th December 2003, 17:54     #240
Biggus
Beaner!

Quote:
Biggus: do you have any updated photos of the foal? I love Welsh Mountains - my first "proper" pony was a Welsh Mountain (Punga BuzzBee/Thistledown lines I think - I don't have her papers anymore).

Kryten: You guys must be stoked! Neo looks lovely too!
I'll take a couple of pic's this weekend and post them up.

Nice going Kryten