Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 26th November 2011, 15:55     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Election-day posts

To comply with NZ's retarded archaic electoral laws, I ask that you make no posts in Open Discussion before 7pm NZDT that may "influence a voter as to which candidate, party or referendum option they should or shouldn’t vote for, or which influences people to abstain from voting".

Ta.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:15     #2
TnT

So quoting Billy Connolly is out as well?
Old 26th November 2011, 16:27     #3
CCS
Stunt Pants

I find it interesting that TVNZ, TV3 and the NZHerald websites have removed all their election coverage. My understanding is that articles written before midnight last night were allowed to stay online but I suppose they're playing it safe. Stuff on the other hand still seem to have their coverage online. They had a provocative headline in a large font at the top of their election section. It's been moved with all the other articles now, but it still opens them up to accusations of being partisan.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:39     #4
tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
To comply with NZ's retarded archaic electoral laws, I ask that you make no posts in Open Discussion before 7pm NZDT that may "influence a voter as to which candidate, party or referendum option they should or shouldn’t vote for, or which influences people to abstain from voting".

Ta.
Out of interest how on earth do they work it out, on Aus TV they have had bits on the NZ election all day. I watch it via the net. If NZG was hosted outside of NZ it would be allowed or is it foreigners that are allowed?
Old 26th November 2011, 17:26     #5
Deff
I felt shocked

Bailey Road school voting booths pretty empty...
Old 26th November 2011, 18:44     #6
xor

Mangere booths were empty as well o_O
Old 26th November 2011, 19:33     #7
BathTub

Do any of the TV Channels have live streaming? Usually have the election coverage on in the background but no TV this year.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Mike: Good Kevin, that's real brave.
Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy - Reign of Fire Rifftrax
Old 26th November 2011, 19:50     #8
adonis

TV3's stream, starts at 7 http://www.3news.co.nz/NZ-Election-R...3/default.aspx
Old 26th November 2011, 20:00     #9
BathTub

Cheers.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:02     #10
adonis

Chris Trotter and Paul Henry on TV3.... *switches to TVNZ*

http://tvnz.co.nz/election-2011/live-video-4551339
Old 26th November 2011, 20:13     #11
CCS
Stunt Pants

<3 Paul Henry

TVNZ has an Election Map thingy. I don't see anything similar on the TV3 website (they have a boring fucking table).

Quote:
Tvnz.co.nz is using a technology for our Election 2011 site called Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG). We’ve used it to create the election map and the Seats in Parliament visualisations.
Previously we’ve used Adobe Flash to create the rich visual and interactive components of tvnz.co.nz, but this has become problematic recently as all Apple iPhone and iPad and most Android devices do not support Flash. To continue using Flash would degrade
the experience of our significant and growing audience using these devices.
SVG is a standardised XML application. As such, it’s relatively easy (compared to Flash) to manipulate it using free and common tools and tvnz.co.nz’s Interactive Framework and combine and extend it with other XML applications, including web-applications and web-sites.
On tvnz.co.nz for Election 2011, we are dynamically combining the map and parliament seats SVG’s with the live XML data feeds for the election results to generate the election visualisations.
With this new technique available to us, we can engage with a wider audience more effectively! There are a wide range of applications for this visualisation technique: geographic visualisations, weather maps, event locations, demographics; data visualisation and infographics; animation and interactivity, games; and so on…
Old 26th November 2011, 20:40     #12
BathTub

even better!
Old 26th November 2011, 20:42     #13
Furry Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
Chris Trotter and Paul Henry on TV3.... *switches to TVNZ*

http://tvnz.co.nz/election-2011/live-video-4551339
Awesome!
Got $5 saying Paul Henry pisses someone off and gets complaints to the BSA tomorrow!

Don't leave Paul! Stay and piss off the NZ nanny/pc brigade!

Old 26th November 2011, 20:45     #14
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
Out of interest how on earth do they work it out, on Aus TV they have had bits on the NZ election all day. I watch it via the net. If NZG was hosted outside of NZ it would be allowed or is it foreigners that are allowed?
Fucked if I know, it's retarded. Remember the warnings were "don't post to Facebook or Twitter either!" and they aren't hosted in NZ.

Anyway, polls have closed so hopefully we're not doing this retarded shit in another 3 years.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:46     #15
TnT

So based on that map... that's what's wrong with Wellington. I understand now.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:49     #16
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

JESUS FUCK WINSTON ON 6.9% SO FAR???
Old 26th November 2011, 21:01     #17
adonis

Banks is beating Goldsmith >.<

Oh and Willie Jackson on TV1 was brilliant just now
Old 26th November 2011, 21:02     #18
chiQ
Frag-muff

Crying

I was so busy painting the house I forgot to vote. Damn these warm, sunny summer evenings
Old 26th November 2011, 21:02     #19
fixed_truth

FPP caning as preferred alternative.

Early days.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:04     #20
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
And don't you love this?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/election-2...ectid=10768928

Quote:
Labour's Auckland Central candidate Jacinda Ardern is keeping a close eye on early results at a gathering in Ponsonby.

Party supporters have booked out the Golden Dawn bar on Ponsonby Rd, where about 30 people have so far arrived.

The mostly young crowd reacts to the preliminary polls being shown on an outdoor screen - quiet excitement at NZ First's strong showing, shock at John Banks' early lead, and big cheers at the mention of Ardern.
Labour/left shits: anything to grab power.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:12     #21
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
NOOOOoooooooooooooooo.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:15     #22
fixed_truth

Old 26th November 2011, 21:16     #23
BathTub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
holy fark...
Old 26th November 2011, 21:16     #24
tor

So what is the actual idea behind the maori electoral roll thing?

Is it an attempt to have maori special issues being focussed on by the representatives or do they actually have different people standing for the position?

Like does town X have a white people / immigrants representative and a maori representative? or just one rep that gets voted in on different weightings based on the maori vote and the other people vote?

Last edited by tor : 26th November 2011 at 21:17.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:20     #25
SickBo@Work

Attend a protest against racism and corruption on Friday, vote for Winston on Saturday...

Not to mention that these hypocritical immoral twats have also ensured that Andrew Williams instead of slinking into an alcohol induced oblivion where he belongs, now ends up in parliament.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:39     #26
StN
I have detailed files

Yeah, so I was at this place, doing this thing today, and the person I was with was all "Bloody MMP, I voted to get rid of that crap and get FPP back - and I managed to vote for one party, and also for a candidate not in that party that I quiet like..."

The plam got faced.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:53     #27
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Insane.....I thought all of his grey haired supporters died out 10 years ago?
Old 26th November 2011, 21:57     #28
zeekiorage

At this rate NZF will have 8 seats. From 0 to 8. EIGHT. FUCK.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:00     #29
Torka

yes

yes

burn this terrible country to the ground
Old 26th November 2011, 22:01     #30
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Everyone who voted labour or further left should be very happy with NZ First getting in; Peters' absolutely is a model of what they stands for.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:04     #31
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
Everyone who voted labour or further left should be very happy with NZ First getting in; Peters' absolutely is a model of what they stands for.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:08     #32
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
That is quite possible the cheapest shot ANYONE has made against someone from the opposite political alignment that I've read on this forum.

Part of me thinks I should tip my hat, part of me thinks you that should DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:09     #33
CCS
Stunt Pants

Good god almighty. I really hope lefties haven't been voting for Winston out of some sick idea of spite. It won't just be National that has to put up with him; it'll be the entire country that has to put up with him. The left really are cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:11     #34
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Good god almighty. I really hope lefties haven't been voting for Winston out of some sick idea of spite. It won't just be National that has to put up with him; it'll be the entire country that has to put up with him. The left really are cutting off their nose to spite their face.
Time to get that plane ticket to OZ
Old 26th November 2011, 22:13     #35
zeekiorage

NZF stands for Winston Peters and racism. There is no other party quite as fucked up as NFZ. Thankfully National looks like it will be able to govern alone.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:15     #36
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I have no problems with lefties generally but this country is seriously being poisoned by a certain element of leftie vermins who will do anything to win. I wouldn't put this past some of them.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:17     #37
Torka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
NZF stands for Winston Peters and racism. There is no other party quite as fucked up as NFZ. Thankfully National looks like it will be able to govern alone.
yeah I'm practically a communist and I'd still rather have National alone than N+NZF
Old 26th November 2011, 22:18     #38
SickBo@Work

The lefties who tactically voted are going to get a surprise when they realise they have just helped elect people like Andrew Williams who wants to abolish the anti smacking law or Richard Prosser who wants a separate South Island parliament and to abolish clean air standards and the kyoto protocol.

Not to mention longer sentences, military boot camps and all that other jazz.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:21     #39
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBo@Work
The lefties who tactically voted are going to get a surprise when they realise they have just helped elect people like Andrew Williams who wants to abolish the anti smacking law or Richard Prosser who wants a separate South Island parliament and to abolish clean air standards and the kyoto protocol.
You left out how Winston will now push (but is fortunately likely to fail) to bankrupt the whole country to benefit a group of mainly selfish fucks about 10to 20 years from dying but is insistent on shaping the country only to their liking without one bit of regard for anybody else, including those useful idiots who tactically voted.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:23     #40
Furry Crew

If I was John Key I would seriously think about offering something to the Greens for the next government much like he did the Maori Party with this current government. Yeah I know that sounds crazy....