NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 21st August 2009, 15:19     #16121
A Corpse
talkative lurker

If the measuring is being done orally by hawt ladies, I'll volunteer for the next survey.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:20     #16122
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious
This dude is Dutch, maybe that's the problem
saffas are pretty rowdy eh, pretty much same thing I'd guess?
Old 21st August 2009, 15:55     #16123
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
When the sun is directly above, crocos often finds people rubbing oil into his head and laying down some strips of bacon.
Mmmm... Bacon.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 21st August 2009, 15:58     #16124
Spink

crocos it's your duty to correct the fact that bacon combover doesn't bring up anything matching its namesake for a google image search
Old 21st August 2009, 16:07     #16125
caffiend

What about a bacon skirt?: http://video.ez-tracks.com/videos/sa...pe-deluxe.html
Old 21st August 2009, 16:12     #16126
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
crocos it's your duty to correct the fact that bacon combover doesn't bring up anything matching its namesake for a google image search
I don't WANT to search for that. Sounds evil.

Old 21st August 2009, 16:13     #16127
Thomas Meatball

Even though you wear a bacon toupee with eggs every lunchtime? Okay man...
Old 21st August 2009, 16:18     #16128
crocos

Dude! What the fuck?
You know you weren't supposed to tell people about the eggs.

Old 21st August 2009, 16:28     #16129
Thomas Meatball

What, a perfect frying surface and you thought nobody would throw on some eggs as well? Pfft.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:45     #16130
blynk

You know what GMGs, all the Burger King ads saying that I should be able to have a burger when I feel like it, and not be told when I can.

So now, instead of having to wait til 10.30. I can have 1 at 9. But what if I want 1 at at.
SO HOW IS THAT HAVING IT MY WAY.

God I hate those ads.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:47     #16131
Spink

I want one AT-AT too.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:56     #16132
crocos

Pesky bloody Ewoks.

Old 21st August 2009, 17:01     #16133
Thomas Meatball

Stop being a fatty who wants burgers all the time.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:02     #16134
StN
I have detailed files

Old 21st August 2009, 17:40     #16135
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

More about clients: how they seem incapable of comprehending that a) their latest request clashes with their latter request, and that b) i have record of such a conflict.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:52     #16136
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
a) their latest request clashes with their previous
English fail. Go back to school.

Quote:
request, and that b) i have record of such a conflict.
Wot a hardcore record keeper!
Old 21st August 2009, 22:36     #16137
p-b

Being squirted by a urinal grind my gears.

Perhaps it finally decided it was time to fight back.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:04     #16138
eff tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-b
Being squirted by a urinal grind my gears.

Perhaps it finally decided it was time to fight back.
Actual lol. Bugger.
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:51     #16139
p-b

What ensued afterwards was about 10 minutes of trying to hold my soaked pants leg under the hand dryer as I didn't want to walk out into the bar with a huge wet patch down my trouser leg.
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:43     #16140
Biff

A country becoming notorious for bludgeoning children to death votes to allow violence towards children.. all the while fronted by religious extremists jumping for joy. Disappointing.
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:47     #16141
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

last time i checked, i didnt see any evidence that i was ever bludgeoned. ill have to go over myself with a magnifying glass, because Biff says i should have signs of permanent disfigurement.

also, correlation is not causation, dickhead.
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:49     #16142
Redneck

What the fuck are you on about?
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:03     #16143
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff
A country becoming notorious for bludgeoning children to death votes to allow violence towards children.. all the while fronted by religious extremists jumping for joy. Disappointing.
^^^ This is an example of how people get when they're dumb ignorant fucks.
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:11     #16144
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
What the fuck are you on about?
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:30     #16145
Delphinus

Maybe he's referring to Nia Glassie and the other 2year old Kaitaia girl earlier this month.

Meanwhile Child abuse and neglect in New Zealand costs the country about $2 billion a year
Quote:
"New Zealand doesn't rate well compared with our OECD counterparts. We have the worst child death by maltreatment rate in the world"
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:33     #16146
flic
Dee Hast Mish

just like marijuana leads to harder drugs
smacking leads to beating children to death

not for everyone of course
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:43     #16147
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
just like marijuana leads to harder drugs
smacking leads to beating children to death

not for everyone of course
Not entirely true but close. Most kids at first do respond to a 'light loving correction' or a 'flick', but hey whadda ya know.. suddenly they ignore the light ones.. so let's kick it up a notch to a hard smack.. a few weeks later.. damn.. hard smacks are not getting through anymore let's kick it up another notch.. repeat until no pulse.
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:44     #16148
Thomas Meatball

Oh how wonderfully simplistic.
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:50     #16149
Biff

Quote:
Oh how wonderfully simplistic.
kind of like e=mc2
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:57     #16150
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

e=mc^2 is a general principle. I fail to see the relevance.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:06     #16151
Thomas Meatball

Biff, surely you're not saying that smacking will inevitably lead to beating a child to death. That idea is so nutty that it seems a stretch even for you, but your post certainly does seem to suggest that you believe that.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:20     #16152
Biff

Quote:
Biff, surely you're not saying that smacking will inevitably lead to beating a child to death. That idea is so nutty that it seems a stretch even for you, but your post certainly does seem to suggest that you believe that.
In most cases no, in extreme cases it is the catalyst... the lifestyle choice run amok by low IQ ignorant 'my daddy dun beat me hard an i turned out aight'. Child abuse needs a cultural change starting with the acceptance that hitting children is a bad thing. It is unnecessary to raise a child using physical methods, this is easily proven. So if it is unnecessary why do it much less fight the government to be able to do it. I was beat many a time, usually for things I did not even do, on occasion I took a beating as an invitation to really fuck shit up and rebel. To this day I have much resentment for the way I was raised by the hand, by fear. I've broken the cycle with my kids, it's easy to use a variety of techniques which work far better that hitting someone.
Old 23rd August 2009, 17:27     #16153
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That's the shit man, mental cruelty's much better. No visible marks!
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:10     #16154
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
the lifestyle choice run amok by low IQ ignorant 'my daddy dun beat me hard an i turned out aight'. Child abuse needs a cultural change starting with the acceptance that hitting children is a bad thing.
Does this cultural change only apply to low IQ people? Can people with a higher IQ who know not to escalate over a light smack still give their children a light smack?

Quote:
on occasion I took a beating as an invitation to really fuck shit up and rebel.
Sounds like you were a shithead of a kid who was looking for any excuse to be a shithead. Besides which, you got a beating . That sounds over and above a light smack to me. I think what's important is teaching parents the difference between a light smack and a beating and when a light smack is appropriate.

Quote:
To this day I have much resentment for the way I was raised by the hand, by fear. I've broken the cycle with my kids, it's easy to use a variety of techniques which work far better that hitting someone.
I understand that you feel this way because you were beaten as a child, but I very much get the impression that you want physical correction in all its forms done away with as you believe a light smack will always lead to a beating (or be a catalyst for it). I don't think you can apply your personal experience to all families. Most kids are just normal kids who aren't shitheads looking for an excuse to make trouble. Most parents are level headed enough to know when it's appropriate to issue a light smack as discipline and when it's appropriate to try something else instead of just moving up to more severe physical correction.

The people you speak of, beating shithead kids, are the minority. The way to tackle that problem is to deal with that minority for what it is rather than trying to come up a method designed for the minority and then applying that method across the board to every family.
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:12     #16155
Biff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That's the shit man, mental cruelty's much better. No visible marks!
my method

so... you take your kid to the park.. they really want to be there but are acting up being naughty. So you warn them to behave and tell them if they don't they'll be taken home. They misbehave again a few minutes later, you immediately take them home.. they are kicking and screaming "i don't want to go! waaa waa!". You explain you told them that was going to happen and off you go. Now.. they know you do what you say and some boundaries are set, next time at the park amazingly.. they behave when you tell them to! Wow, not even a smack needed or a flick or kidney punch!

Typical method (based on observation):

you take your kid to the park.. they really want to be there but are acting up being naughty. So you warn them to behave and tell them if they don't they'll be taken home. They misbehave again a few minutes later, you tell them again.. behave or I'll take you home! a few minutes later they misbehave again but you are to busy chatting to your mate.. you say 3 more times over the next 10 minutes "do you want to go home? that's it we're going home" they start crying so you say "ok then behave!" .. few minutes later they make another kid on the playground cry, so you.. annoyed that your conversation is interrupted yet again run over and smack them and tell them to behave or you're going home. this goes on for several more minutes 3 more smacks, then you just give them some lollies so they'll be quiet.
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:12     #16156
flic
Dee Hast Mish

I cant imagine any one of us was raised perfectly

parents dont need to go to any classes to learn how to raise a child

imagine if people could just go buy a car and start themselves to drivin based on how their daddy did it
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:15     #16157
Biff

Quote:
Does this cultural change only apply to low IQ people? Can people with a higher IQ who know not to escalate over a light smack still give their children a light smack?

Sounds like you were a shithead of a kid who was looking for any excuse to be a shithead. Besides which, you got a beating . That sounds over and above a light smack to me. I think what's important is teaching parents the difference between a light smack and a beating and when a light smack is appropriate.

I understand that you feel this way because you were beaten as a child, but I very much get the impression that you want physical correction in all its forms done away with as you believe a light smack will always lead to a beating (or be a catalyst for it). I don't think you can apply your personal experience to all families. Most kids are just normal kids who aren't shitheads looking for an excuse to make trouble. Most parents are level headed enough to know when it's appropriate to issue a light smack as discipline and when it's appropriate to try something else instead of just moving up to more severe physical correction.

The people you speak of, beating shithead kids, are the minority. The way to tackle that problem is to deal with that minority for what it is rather than trying to come up a method designed for the minority and then applying that method across the board to every family.
You need to wake up man.. a "light smack"? It doesn't even hurt right? so what good does that do in regards to your theory of correction? There is a proven desensitization to smacking, the more you use them the harder they must be otherwise the 'correction' doesn't take, eventually it is 5-10 stiff smacks and who knows whatelse. And as far as IQ, yes when it comes to children and babies I base things on the lowest common denominator. This argument will go nowhere.. it is religious in nature. True believers can never be swayed.
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:15     #16158
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Thomas, are you implying biff was beaten because he was as shithead?

youre actually saying he deserved it?

thats low, even for you
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:17     #16159
fixed_truth

Quote:
Child abuse needs a cultural change starting with the acceptance that hitting children is a bad thing
This is it.
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:30     #16160
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
You need to wake up man.. a "light smack"? It doesn't even hurt right? so what good does that do in regards to your theory of correction?
From memory it provides a brief stinging sensation (y'know, open palm on bare legs sort of thing) which is enough of a jolt - mentally - to make the kid think again.

Quote:
There is a proven desensitization to smacking, the more you use them the harder they must be otherwise the 'correction' doesn't take, eventually it is 5-10 stiff smacks and who knows whatelse.
Do you honestly believe that? Do you think it happens that way for every family where the parents smacks the children? It seems like you're making a sensationalist argument to back your position. If you're completely honest with yourself I think you'd have to accept that the reality is that what you're describing simply does not happen. Again, try to remember that your experience is that of a minority of families.