User Name
Password

Old 27th July 2013, 11:24     #37961
CCS
Stunt Pants

Barnaby Jack
Old 27th July 2013, 22:55     #37962
p01s0n

found this receipt whilst cleaning my room, forgot i went to this place for dins.
good eats.
Old 27th July 2013, 23:28     #37963
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Barnaby Jack
I getting sick of finding out people I read about doing awesome shit are New Zealanders, only after they die -_-
Old 28th July 2013, 15:24     #37964
xor

Overland - take a step back into the 1990's and you'll get yourself a sweet pair of flat toe'd black leather shoes for $200. Cheap leather also.

This is why I buy 90% of my clothes/shoes online as they are cheaper, better quality, and better brand names than NZ stores.

Fucking lol.
Old 28th July 2013, 17:08     #37965
MadMax
Stuff

Can't stand dress shoes without a decent sole.
Old 28th July 2013, 19:15     #37966
xor

Decent shoes do have em...
Old 28th July 2013, 20:55     #37967
BadNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Overland - take a step back into the 1990's and you'll get yourself a sweet pair of flat toe'd black leather shoes for $200. Cheap leather also.

This is why I buy 90% of my clothes/shoes online as they are cheaper, better quality, and better brand names than NZ stores.

Fucking lol.
Yep pretty much... would love to support NZ retail. But come on guys, sort yourselves out.
Old 28th July 2013, 21:12     #37968
p01s0n

meanwhile in sydney: shopping fucking owns and there are bargains galore.
picked up a real fuckin nice trench from oxford for $70 down from $300 last month.
Old 28th July 2013, 21:54     #37969
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Decent shoes do have em...
and by decent i don't mean the typical sole that dress shoes have where they're a few mm thick.

i demand a cushioned rubber base to walk on thanks.
Old 29th July 2013, 22:28     #37970
Lightspeed

Thousands of bees attack Texas couple

Why the hens? What'd they do to anyone? Can you imagine?
Old 30th July 2013, 00:25     #37971
BadNova

Old 30th July 2013, 14:43     #37972
Lightspeed

Australians paying 50% more for IT products and downloads, MPs find

Of note:

Quote:
Games were 84% more expensive on average, and the committee noted: “In some cases price disparities in relation to digitally delivered games are so large that it can be substantially cheaper for Australian consumers to purchase a physical copy of new release games from a UK-based online store and have it shipped 15,000km to Australia.”
I got CoH2 for NZ$45 from WOWHD (formerly CD-WOW), while it was selling on Steam for ~US$80. Nuts.
Old 30th July 2013, 15:54     #37973
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lots of train incidents recently. Canada. France. Spain. Switzerland. Is God sending us a message? Are the terrorists getting smarter? Is this the fault of capitalism? Can we blame John Key?

Personally, I think something has to be done. For the sake of the children.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:15     #37974
pxpx

trains should be banned as they are clearly dangermouse.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:23     #37975
Cyberbob

Samuel L Jackson is waiting for there to be a sole survivor without a scratch on him.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:56     #37976
CCS
Stunt Pants

^^

*cough* Bruce Willis.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:45     #37977
Cyberbob

Speaking of Bruce.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-garraway.html

A very "I'm too famous for this shit" moment.

You get to see exactly why Kevin Smith hated working with him on Cop Out.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 31st July 2013 at 10:47.
Old 31st July 2013, 12:49     #37978
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Speaking of Bruce.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-garraway.html

A very "I'm too famous for this shit" moment.

You get to see exactly why Kevin Smith hated working with him on Cop Out.
i personally find his attitude towards interviewers, and to hollywood in general hilarious. he is the kind of dude who i can imagine makes the people dating his daughters extremely nervous.
Old 31st July 2013, 20:10     #37979
cEvin
Love In Vein

Welcome to our newest member, CCS_vs_Poison
Old 31st July 2013, 20:11     #37980
Lightspeed

Welcome to the present.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:43     #37981
ZoSo

No fucking idea what Carmack is on about but listening to him in the bg has got to be a brain booster in some way.
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:32     #37982
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
No fucking idea what Carmack is on about but listening to him in the bg has got to be a brain booster in some way.
best comment in the chat:
Navyveteran73: is this the movie "The 40 year old Virgin"
Old 7th August 2013, 18:51     #37983
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Police have released the name of the 2-year-old girl who drowned in Lake Wakatipu yesterday afternoon.

Desperate attempts at CPR by police and ambulance staff were unsuccessful at reviving Violet Elisabeth Waples, who wandered into the lake from Kelvin Heights.

Police scrambled to find her soon after her mother called to report her daughter had wandered off and could not be found just after noon.

The family moved to Queenstown about 14 months ago from the Hibiscus Coast, north of Auckland.

Parents Alana and Andrew Waples are pastors of the C3 Church.
Hey it's OK guys, since you're evangelical nutjobs you believe that jebus has an active hand in everyday events, so this was obviously Divine Will.

Ob_cynic: whenever an accidental child death occurs in a family of religious nutters, I assume some baptism-with-snakes-slash-exorcism has gone wrong.
Old 7th August 2013, 19:12     #37984
fixed_truth

Poor parents. Fuck having to go through something like that. I suppose if you genuinely believed that you would see your kid again one day it would make it easier to deal with?

On the flip-side it would probably be easier to send your sons to war too.
Old 7th August 2013, 20:13     #37985
Lightspeed

Flying pizza drones

This surely has to be the future of food delivery. It'd be good fun to build pirate drones to hijack cargo.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:43     #37986
StN
I have detailed files

Wait - what?? You can be skilled on LinkedIn in General Awesomeness? Why has no-one elected me?
Old 8th August 2013, 15:50     #37987
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Wait - what?? You can be skilled on LinkedIn in General Awesomeness? Why has no-one elected me?
sounds like a pretty easy red flag for people to identify you as a 'fucking irritating idiot nerd' if you ask me.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:52     #37988
StN
I have detailed files

Ahh - you're probably right, I suspect it only shows up on the Safari client.
Old 9th August 2013, 10:08     #37989
MadMax
Stuff

A Pharmacist walked into his shop to find a man leaning against the wall.
“What’s wrong with him” he asked his assistant.
“He came in for some cough syrup, but I couldn’t find any so I gave him a whole box of Laxatives “
“ You bloody idiot “ said the pharmacist.” You can’t treat a cough with Laxatives “
“ Of course you can “ the assistant replied.
“ Look at him … he daren’t cough now!!
Old 9th August 2013, 10:09     #37990
Lightspeed

I like the hint in this article about the different between government science and independent (I would say real) science:
Role of eco watchdog reduced

Quote:
She questioned whether the reports were now completely independent. "A Government statistician is a different kind of independent. What the statistician will do is say the data you are using is correct and accurate, but there is that issue of what data do you use and what is the purpose you have in doing this report?"
Old 9th August 2013, 10:11     #37991
StN
I have detailed files

Sounds like the difference between an EQC assessment team and a structural Engineer and Surveyor...
Old 9th August 2013, 18:57     #37992
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
A workmate started that. She wanted it on her profile, and I'm guessing it will propagate.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:18     #37993
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Sounds like the difference between an EQC assessment team and a structural Engineer and Surveyor...
The problem is the EQC legislation in my view; these folk are individually doing what they should be given the paradigm the legislation imposes.

I completely support having a big deductible on domestic property insurance and some form of smoothing of rates between high risk and low risk areas. The screwed-up bit in my view is how the deductible is applied.
Old 10th August 2013, 20:41     #37994
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
probably should be in GMGs - but I fucking hate the endorsements on LIn
Someone endorsed me in Exchange Admin - I wouldn't know where to start admin'ing an Exchange Server....
And someone else endorsed one of our managers in DHCP Administration - WTF?!?!?!?

I do like the idea of "General Awesomeness" - chiQ, consider yourself endorsed (sorry Stoolie, would have endorsed you, but I don't think I have you in my networks)
Old 12th August 2013, 12:03     #37995
Cyberbob

Being in a client facing, technical/sales split role, it's scary the amount of people you'll meet for the first time, and receive a LinkedIn request later that day.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:28     #37996
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Being in a client facing, technical/sales split role, it's scary the amount of people you'll meet for the first time, and receive a LinkedIn request later that day.
why is that scary?
Old 12th August 2013, 13:49     #37997
Cyberbob

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my linkedin, please endorse me.

It's the corporate equivalent of a dude you met last night while on the piss, adding you to facebook.

It's just a teeny bit stalkerish.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 12th August 2013 at 13:51.
Old 12th August 2013, 15:50     #37998
chiQ
Frag-muff

Not nearly as scary as the complete strangers I've never met who try and add me. I just ignore everyone unless they can prove they know me now.

I suspect it's because of my connections/industry.
Old 12th August 2013, 16:05     #37999
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

My criterion for a Linkedin connection is "does this person know me well enough to sing my praises and do I trust them to do it". I might have worked day in and day out with you for five years, but if I think you're a cock I ain't adding you.
Old 12th August 2013, 16:37     #38000
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my linkedin, please endorse me.

It's the corporate equivalent of a dude you met last night while on the piss, adding you to facebook.

It's just a teeny bit stalkerish.
I don't see what the big deal is, is there something on there you want hidden?

If someone wants to make a connection with me on LI i can't think of many good reasons not to add them.