Frogs by plenty
Old 17th October 2011, 00:04     #42
chubby

Cheesy grin

very inclusive of you.
Old 17th October 2011, 00:08     #43
Maulmonk

My 2cents.

Cory jane had a great game, extremely safe pair of hands and was committed at all times

Aaron Cruden: stepped up! I know that Weepu took a bit more responsibility off him but he handled with what he had to do well. Some good running and some good kicks in general play.

Dagg: the next Christian Cullen? Good in the air, good kicking (poor field goal attempt aside) and a very dangerous runner.

All the forwards: hell yeah! Showed the marshmallow forwards from the Wallabies what scrums are all about! Special mention goes to Mealamu who was everywhere and had some good runs.

Richie McCaw: even with one foot he's better than everything Australia can throw at him. Pocock might be there to try to usurp his throne but the master still has some good tricks!

hmm, did anyone else see Kaino limping at the last 10 minutes? Hope hes not injured! Not sure how much confidence I have in Vito if thompson and Kaino are out
Old 17th October 2011, 00:24     #44
blur^

great game
the french will be all "but i am le tired"

my moment of the match, kahui letting cooper catch the ball, lining him up and drilling him. gold.

oh and richies spidermonkey flip and ball ninja, pity it got pinged that shit was epic
Old 17th October 2011, 00:39     #45
BoyWonder

The Richie get-to-the-ball-by-any-means move was amazing watching it with Saus - he says "oh that's the Gallipoli move... over the top" lol.
Old 17th October 2011, 00:42     #46
Lightspeed

Easy. Weepu was awesome, even though he missed a few tough ones. SBW's yellow card was totally worth it.

I don't think the Aussies are gonna beat the Welsh.
Old 17th October 2011, 00:45     #47
pig

Awesome game, our back 3 were fantastic but our forwards were all over the top of theirs as well. Cooper had another shit game - funny that.
Old 17th October 2011, 01:46     #48
CCS
Stunt Pants

Dan who?

Despite Weepu missing some, he still saved our bacon with his kicking. We got one try to nil (it's like a soccer score) and he put us up there. Colin who?

Talk about dominant from the first whistle. Cooper was trembling so much that he couldn't kick straight and still plays like he's afraid to get tackled.

Slade, Jade, fucking Cruden, they could get blowjobs from any woman (or man) tonight. At least let Jane have a drink and a smoke later. Lots of bloodshed, literally. Lol at the injuries the Aussies sustained. Ellis gets the award for the reddest cheeks and he came back ten minutes later. Weepu, in the interim, came back on briefly, playing confidently as though he wasn't feeling the effects of a bad service station pie.

McCaw... sorry, what was that about a sore foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT
SONNY BILL FUCKING WILLIAMS!!!
Not too worried about him being sent off, eh. It was worth it for a good shoulder on Cooper. I honestly forgot he'd been sent off until I was reminded again in the highlights package afterwards. ABs were playing so well they didn't even miss him.

Sonny Bill who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve_rat
To quote the GF: Cooper might beat Piri as the preferred PM if he keeps playing like this.
I hope you belted your missus in the mouth for talking shit like that.

SEE YOU NEXT WEEK, FROGS!
Old 17th October 2011, 06:40     #49
Deadmeat

The Ausi's (for the most part) played a game that demonstrated why they are international sports stars. The problem was they turned up to find a team prepared to deliver the kind of game usually confined to myth.

I would be astonished if there was an AB on the field who wasn't bleeding at the whistle. Ellis was so keen to get in on it they had to send him off, tip up upside down, pour all his blood back in and plug him up so he could return. Jane's wrist bandage was solid red from the blood he'd been hiding from the ref all game.

SBW's yellow was his best contribution to NZ rugby to date.
Old 17th October 2011, 07:12     #50
Phrack

The Aussies weren't very smart. always kicking to jane who was exceptional under the high ball, or to dagg who was getting big gains on his kicks to touch.

Nz forwards were awesome to watch. Loved Kaino picking Ioane up on the try line and forcing him back. He is a monster.
Old 17th October 2011, 08:41     #51
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5mzftZ33s
oh you. quadey. you so random.

haha, also SMASHED HIM BRO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rv-PdEBfT0

Last edited by Vrtigo : 17th October 2011 at 08:44.
Old 17th October 2011, 11:13     #52
Luse

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
24-10 to NZ
So close!

Old 17th October 2011, 11:33     #53
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
hahaha
Old 17th October 2011, 12:03     #54
ZoSo

That start was so awesome. Cooper fuckup then just an AB storm. All you can ask for really. They looked so relaxed pre-anthem too, it did bode well.

I think I must be the only one who couldn't fully enjoy the game 100% due to Cruden and co kicking away the ball so much though?
I mean sure our defense was great and the aussies fumbled hardcore and it worked on the night but that was really the tactic? keep kicking it back to a dangerous aussie attack who given a 10% boost in performance and say 10% less energy on our D, could have been a whole different outcome. Meh just me I guess. A few more corner kicks and keeping it in the hand a bit more would have made my night.

Quote:
oh and richies spidermonkey flip and ball ninja, pity it got pinged that shit was epic
Loved his cat like dive on the ball mid-field more. It just popped out with noone there then you just see him fly at it. Plus the one where he chased down one of the backs, pushed him back 5 then stole the ball. Yeah, some epic moments from the captain.

Bring on the French! Gotta be the best of scenarios really. A repeat of '87 at home.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:08     #55
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luse
So close!

win
Old 17th October 2011, 12:10     #56
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Loved his cat like dive on the ball mid-field more. It just popped out with noone there then you just see him fly at it. Plus the one where he chased down one of the backs, pushed him back 5 then stole the ball. Yeah, some epic moments from the captain.
what about when pocock turned it over, then richie makes the tackle, drives him back 20m AND regains possession, thats how you do it son!
Old 17th October 2011, 12:23     #57
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrack
Loved Kaino picking Ioane up on the try line and forcing him back. He is a monster.
Kaino would be up there for man of the tournament. He has been a helluva workhorse, and is a beast.
Picking up Ioane, when Ioane had the forward moment, was awesome.

Cruden was good, not exceptional.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:38     #58
ZoSo

What about that side tackle from Read. Chopped that dude down big time.

So many moments Need to watch it again minus the JD haze.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:24     #59
Genesis

Epic performance. I had good lol at SBW smashing into Cooper. Kaino is fucken boss, holding picking up whats his face and stopping him from scoring.

Tu meke.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:26     #60
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Cruden was good, not exceptional.
In context of course he was. Any player that goes from not being in a side, to getting his 2nd test start, against ausi, in a semi, in front of 60000 kiwis and can play the kind of game he did is exceptional. He wasn't Carter sure, but to expect that of him is unrealistic.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:33     #61
_Incubus_

Laugh

I'm not sure if this is a pot for the technology forum but something seems to have broken all the mobile phones in Australia that all my aussie mates own...I cant seem to get through to any of them since last night....
Old 17th October 2011, 13:47     #62
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
What about that side tackle from Read. Chopped that dude down big time.

So many moments Need to watch it again minus the JD haze.
Hell yeah, I'm having a dry Final, don't want to miss a thing!
Old 17th October 2011, 19:41     #63
JERI

Quote:
Plus the one where he chased down one of the backs, pushed him back 5 then stole the ball. Yeah, some epic moments from the captain.
Think it was Genia? McCaw blazed through and caught Genia just as he was about to pass a ball from the ruck, drove him back 20 metres or so and made him look like a rag doll.
Old 17th October 2011, 20:10     #64
Cinclant

Epic atmosphere (for Eden Park), was awesome.

Highlights:
Beer and donuts
Cooper boo bird chants, so good
Win
Starting the "four more years!" chant in the West stand
Knowing I'll be there next week in the grand final

Lowlights:
Walking up and down six flights of scaffolding stairs to take five slashes
The vapid mole behind me who preferred to drone constantly about every aspect of her life that nobody cares about for 2 hours
The Kiwis
Old 18th October 2011, 02:19     #65
Heresy
yawn.

the real highlight:

Old 18th October 2011, 09:49     #66
PhX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinclant
Starting the "four more years!" chant in the West stand
Were you that dude who rang up the rock saying he started it? Seems to be a few claiming the prize
Old 18th October 2011, 09:57     #67
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
the real highlight:

hahaha love it
Old 18th October 2011, 10:08     #68
Cinclant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Were you that dude who rang up the rock saying he started it? Seems to be a few claiming the prize
That was not I
Old 18th October 2011, 10:12     #69
Cinclant

I didn't personally start it, first I heard was a guy a few rows back from us. But took it up and the whole upper west stand was going hard, then the stadium.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:21     #70
a-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinclant
The vapid mole behind me who preferred to drone constantly about every aspect of her life that nobody cares about for 2 hours
buahahahahaha - fucken seem to get one of those every 2nd or so game I go to.

Thats why I miss the Millard Stand at Athletic park, those sorta people never sat up there, only the punters with the sharpest wit that were great entertainment.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:05     #71
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-tech
buahahahahaha - fucken seem to get one of those every 2nd or so game I go to.

Thats why I miss the Millard Stand at Athletic park, those sorta people never sat up there, only the punters with the sharpest wit that were great entertainment.
Word. Loved that stand.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:16     #72
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
the real highlight:

Looks like a pretty blatant taking out of a player without the ball in the background? Or had he just passed it in the frames before?
Old 18th October 2011, 14:25     #73
blur^

we conceded a penalty there, cant remember what it was for
probably taking that guy out off the ball
Old 18th October 2011, 14:53     #74
vorlon

pretty sure it was a knock-on by AB's....
Old 18th October 2011, 14:59     #75
[WanG] Wandarah

The ref blew the whistle so he could take a moment to digest what the fuck Captain Tackles was doing.
Old 18th October 2011, 16:23     #76
Nothing

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
Captain Tackles
Fucking excellent!
Old 18th October 2011, 20:34     #77
[WanG] Wandarah

^ http://vimeo.com/22278878