NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 29th August 2011, 08:55     #81
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Maulmonk: Yeah I dont think Gear would have choked in that situation.

xor: I wasnt implying that he should be in the All Blacks. I just said he was fucking amazing and is a huge loss to nz rugby. cant wait for the ITM cup final. SUcks my Bay missed by a point but Im right behind my adopted Waikato this Saturday!
Old 29th August 2011, 09:59     #82
blynk

To me there is something about Guilford & Cruden who when I look at them, they just seem fragile and would not work in international rugby.

Also, has there been any comment after the game about Coopers knee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
time for neutral TMOs.
What they need to is a couple of people watching it, so they could at least have a discussion about it.
That's been 2 incorrect outcomes in 2 weeks. I don't mind last weeks as much, because it was a forward pass, but a 22 drop out vs a 5 metre scrum is a massive difference.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:26     #83
blynk

And what was up with Carter kicking the ball with a minute or so to go. That has to be one of his worst decisions ever, it's not like soccer where as soon as time is up it's finished, and considering they scored a try earlier after 20+ phases.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:23     #84
yaksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
Worst half of rugby from NZ since 2007?
This. And I only stopped at 2007 because I couldn't recall a worse game earlier. It was a really bad first half and last 20.

The pleasing thing is we played our worst game (in my recent memory at least) and *only* lost by 5. Hmm
Old 29th August 2011, 12:26     #85
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksman
The pleasing thing is we played our worst game (in my recent memory at least) and *only* lost by 5. Hmm
I'm sure that'll be a great comfort too when NZ gets knocked out of the RWC in the quarters.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:39     #86
yaksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
I'm sure that'll be a great comfort too when NZ gets knocked out of the RWC in the quarters.
On a forward pass See now they have to use the pool games at the WC to straighten out this loss, rather than cementing a series of wins. I don't know if there's proven statistics to show that a loss = a win, but I am sure I once heard some commentators' neighbours' dogs' vet say that a culture of winning = successive wins.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:16     #87
Macca@Work

Well grats to the wallabies anyway.They took it to the ABs and won.
Hopefully this will shake any complacency from them.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:21     #88
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Makes you realise how vulnerable losing one or two key players can be in a big match. The All Blacks needed to adapt their game plan as soon as read went off but they kept trying to go wide with limited space and kept coughing the ball up cos the wallaby rush defense didnt give them enough time.
Old 29th August 2011, 15:27     #89
ZoSo

Hmm it's getting to be a pretty reliable script heading into a world cup these days.
A B team in there somewhere. A loss or a terrible performance. The usual "it's only the B team", "it's a good thing they lose/sucked pre RWC", "this will give them a boost", "it doesn't matter", "We'll be fine".

"four more years"..
Old 29th August 2011, 16:32     #90
blynk

It was only a game (played outside of NZ), and in 2 months time we can either say,
"Wow, losing those games really meant we could go back to the basics, fix things that are wrong"
"Or Wow, the writing was on the wall when we lost those 2 games, man we choked, 4 more years".

I would rather go into the World Cup with some tight games, (yes it would have been better if we scored at the end and one). But remember when we dicked France 4 years ago, and what ended up happening.
France learnt for their beating, we didn't have anything to learn.

Last edited by blynk : 29th August 2011 at 16:35.
Old 29th August 2011, 16:58     #91
blur^

how the fuck QC got cleared for this is beyond me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9RYZStDdDI

he looks down see's his head then blam
Old 29th August 2011, 16:59     #92
CCS
Stunt Pants

Remember kids, no team that has won the Tri Nations has gone on to win the Rugby World Cup in the same year¹. IT'S IN THE BAG!

¹ Because the All Blacks have won the Tri Nations in RWC years. IN.THE.BAG.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:35     #93
blynk

Yeah, I heard the stat that no team who had won the world cup had ever lost the 2 games before. So I guess we are screwed.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:43     #94
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah good one, bro.
Old 30th August 2011, 05:04     #95
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
In other news Donald was fucking amazing yesterday and he's a massive loss to NZ rugby, that Waikato win over Auckland was the best game of rugby I've seen all year.
He's a good provincial player.