Old 31st October 2010, 00:42     #1
Heresy
yawn.

First.

Fuck.
Old 31st October 2010, 00:52     #2
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

OMG. I watched the matched at The Wanderers. Pat Walsh used to own it and since he's gone now his son is in there.

How dominant where we in the latter part of the game until the closing 10 or so when it all went wrong?! Isiah missed a few and that could've been Sonny.. Statistically speaking it was inevitable, despite the IRB rankings.

Your call.

gutted.
Old 31st October 2010, 00:53     #3
p-b

GG Donald...
Old 31st October 2010, 01:00     #4
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

How shit was donald? aside from not kicking that ball out (wtf was he thinking?) after that he just about took someones head off with a high shot ... and from the time he came on he was doing those shit stab though kicks to no one.

Send someone else over for the love of god

Quade Cooper needs one in the grill to
Old 31st October 2010, 01:21     #5
Kryten

I'm up for punching Donald in the balls. What a waste of space.
Old 31st October 2010, 01:28     #6
_Incubus_

I've said it before but was shot down but Stephen Donald is not even good enough to be the orange boy for the AB's...he fucked up the game..missed the winning penalty and what the fuck in gods name were those 2 FUCKED grubbers straight back to the wallabies on attack...FUCKING MUPPET.
Old 31st October 2010, 01:59     #7
PhX

Entertaining match though, plenty of action and a loss helps us stayed focus, no real injuries either. Loved that break McCaw did where he did a lomu and stopped all over that ozzy player!
Old 31st October 2010, 03:11     #8
Heresy
yawn.

We don't have anyone to stand in for Carter.

Henry needs to decide right now on who he wants to play backup #10 for RWC 2011, and keep working with them. Donald was fucking abysmal today - starting with the missed the conversion to put it out of Australia's reach. He couldn't even clear the ball even though he had all the time in the world to do it after clearly signalling his intentions to Mathewson. As mentioned, his head-high on Ashley-Cooper was horrific and he'll probably be cited for it, and will miss some games.

So now what - does that mean we have no back-up #10 for the end of year tour? Or can Henry fly over Slade or Cruden? I'm thinking no.
Old 31st October 2010, 05:59     #9
Phrack

Without Siti going, there is a space. So potentially could fly over another 10.
Old 31st October 2010, 07:24     #10
ilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Couldn't be happier. ...Donald...on my wish list. Fuckin stoked!
Can I get a shut the fuck up from the audience?
Old 31st October 2010, 08:59     #11
uTired2
wOOp wOOp!

Donald missed the sideline 3 bloody times in the last 10 minues, Oz just ate it up, it's exactly what they wanted hitting back from broken play.

Ma'a Nonu dropped the ball/made some shit passes about 3-4 times in the first 10 minutes, the only good thing he did was score the try and make a couple of nice runs when we had a roll on.

And what's up with our lineout????

It's one of those games where if we had one everyone would probably gloss over the fact we played so crap at the start (everyone would focus on our great comeback) and lost so many lineouts. But now that we lost we can bag the shit out of them
Old 31st October 2010, 09:09     #12
xor

You can't expect to win against a team that's been training together for 3 weeks while the Ab's trained for 3 days.

p.s Donald
Old 31st October 2010, 10:05     #13
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
Can I get a shut the fuck up from the audience?
That grubber in our 22 was insane, not finding touch at the end was worse (because he turned the ball back over after the grubber) but really none of it would have mattered if he'd managed to slot that penalty and put the difference up to 8 points.

So what we fly over another 10, try him out and if he sucks, ditch him, try another one, if he sucks, ditch him, try another one?

Having said that, only Reid, McCaw, Kaino and Mills played any good in that game really, they were all pretty average.

This article last week talks about the last Hong Kong test, it pretty much sounds like exactly the same thing happened last night, the All Blacks seem to have not learned a thing:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...-in-All-Blacks
Old 31st October 2010, 10:26     #14
pig

Donald just cannot handle pressure. AB's were rusty but would have still won if that muppet wasn't on the field. I still believe Colin Slade is a better option so it will be interesting to see what they do with Sivi's replacement & how bad Jane's injury is. Also the dickhead made a high tackle I would think he will be cited for - is it possible to fuck things up anymore than that after coming on as a sub ? If there is something to be taken out of the test it is that it should keep them primed for the rest of the tour & for next year.
Nonu did some good things but he definitely looked a little out of sorts & Mils missed a few tackles also.

Last edited by pig : 31st October 2010 at 10:28.
Old 31st October 2010, 12:34     #15
CCS
Stunt Pants

Buck Shelford: Don't blame Donald
Quote:
When you're five points up in the modern game you can't close down the game with 10 minutes to go. You must try to increase the lead and that's where they went wrong.

People might blame Stephen Donald for the defeat, but remember this was Daniel Carter's first run in six weeks. He was always coming off at the hour mark and all top teams invariably use their full 22 in the modern game.

Sure he made a couple of mistakes, but his missed penalty at the end was not the first shot that went astray. When I played, I never blamed our goal-kickers for losing games because at the end of the day, we should be scoring tries to get the points on the board.

We scored three tries and they scored four, so I think that says it all really.
Meh, excuses. Donald did not do one thing right. If he'd done a single thing well, it would have been to kick the ball out but he didn't. WTF?

I'll jump on that bandwagon, chur.
Old 31st October 2010, 13:10     #16
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
So what we fly over another 10, try him out and if he sucks, ditch him, try another one, if he sucks, ditch him, try another one?
We already knew before the tour that Donald does not have the potential to be an international 10, we are wasting our time as he is not a long term prospect.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:00     #17
GiBs

So other than Slade what are the options for a _real_ Carter understudy? We can't depend on him forever..

Donald showed nothing at all in his chance to prove himself.

Can SBW kick haha
Old 31st October 2010, 23:47     #18
deh

Waikato dont need Donald, neither do the AB's.. should really just fuck off overseas so we can forget about him.

We've already had Caleb Ralph as an All Black, we dont need Donald to replace him as the worst All Black ever.
Old 1st November 2010, 02:20     #19
ilk

Quote:
That grubber in our 22 was insane, not finding touch at the end was worse (because he turned the ball back over after the grubber) but really none of it would have mattered if he'd managed to slot that penalty and put the difference up to 8 points.

Having said that, only Reid, McCaw, Kaino and Mills played any good in that game really, they were all pretty average.

This article last week talks about the last Hong Kong test, it pretty much sounds like exactly the same thing happened last night, the All Blacks seem to have not learned a thing:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...-in-All-Blacks
Not hearing the "I was an idiot for backing Donald" that is the only way you can expect anyone to care about your opinion.
Old 1st November 2010, 08:49     #20
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deh
Waikato dont need Donald, neither do the AB's.. should really just fuck off overseas so we can forget about him.

We've already had Caleb Ralph as an All Black, we dont need Donald to replace him as the worst All Black ever.
Taine Randell is up there too imo
Old 1st November 2010, 08:54     #21
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
Not hearing the "I was an idiot for backing Donald" that is the only way you can expect anyone to care about your opinion.
Calm down. He had a shit game and so did a lot of other players. Where is the criticism of Ma'a Nonu who made two handling errors and conceded a penalty in the first 10 minutes not to mention completely slipped off the tackle to let Ashley-Cooper score? Oh wait he got a try so every other fuck up gets erased right? I'm still backing Donald, he'll come right, he has to because he's not going anywhere I'm afraid.
Old 1st November 2010, 09:06     #22
xor

Quote:
Calm down. He had a shit game and so did a lot of other players. Where is the criticism of Ma'a Nonu who made two handling errors and conceded a penalty in the first 10 minutes not to mention completely slipped off the tackle to let Ashley-Cooper score? Oh wait he got a try so every other fuck up gets erased right? I'm still backing Donald, he'll come right, he has to because he's not going anywhere I'm afraid.
Can you name at least 3 of the 20 tests that your fuck buddy has actually played well?
Old 1st November 2010, 09:30     #23
ilk

Quote:
I'm sorry, I must've missed the part in the other thread where you were defending Nonu against strong criticism. Nope, just had a look, the only person you were e-fellating was the same person who failed in exactly the way his critics said he would. "Other people sucked also" isn't a valid defense of Donald.
Old 1st November 2010, 09:40     #24
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilk
I'm sorry, I must've missed the part in the other thread where you were defending Nonu against strong criticism. Nope, just had a look, the only person you were e-fellating was the same person who failed in exactly the way his critics said he would. "Other people sucked also" isn't a valid defense of Donald.
It's okay no need to apologise. I'm not defending him, he fucked up. I'm just saying he's not the only one that did and I think he'll come right. I can't believe Henry thinks we played some good rugby in the first half, was he watching the same game?
Old 1st November 2010, 09:40     #25
blynk

Theres always Weepu as cover for 10.

I am not a Donald fan, but
Don't forget Carter missed a shot or 2, and Aussie missed several. If they had of got them it could have been a different story.

I also think the head high was one of those reactions to the guy changing direction. I never saw a reply of it though, and I am sure he will still get cited.

Oz has some real speed. Beale & Mitchell were so quick down the side line. We don't. We have Jane, but thats about it. Some of the others are getting a bit old to have that pure speed.

And like they say, you learn more from a loss. Remember a year or 2 ago. We got whipped in lineouts, lost games and had that whole rotation policy. And look where that lead us, a 15 game winning streak.

At least this shows us things we need to look at again.
It sucks to lose, but ultimately it should be better than going into next year winning everything.
Old 1st November 2010, 10:35     #26
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Theres always Weepu as cover for 10.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:40     #27
blynk

Ok, can you please name who you would use as cover to Carter?
Looking back at several threads, I can't really see who you would pick.
Old 1st November 2010, 11:53     #28
xor

I'd pick someone that doesn't have a broken ankle.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:23     #29
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
It sucks to lose, but ultimately it should be better than going into next year winning everything.
this was the wife's opinion.... better to have a reality-checking game now than in 12 months' time

The real issue is, though, why does Donald continue to be picked....?
Not sure who'd I pick - Slade would've been awesome - Wellington might have beaten Canterbury on Friday night if Slade had been in HK

Plus, WTF is up with that pitch - that's the second time that ground hasn't been up to international status.... scrums were a lottery because of it
(Speaking of which, I'm a fairly vocal Cowan-hater, but he had a good game, especially at opposition-fed scrum time).
Old 1st November 2010, 13:45     #30
drac0s

The thing is now if they pick someone else, or Donald does alright as no10 in rest of games they will probably be seen as the backup choice for next year. Not much chance of them putting someone completely untested in next year as backup. Playing against the northern hemisphere teams either starting or coming on when 20-30points and game is all but over, not quite the same level/pressure etc... as vs Australia/South Africa.
Old 1st November 2010, 13:47     #31
fixed_truth

Quote:
can you please name who you would use as cover to Carter?
It'll be interesting to see what the best rugby coach in the world does here.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:23     #32
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I'd pick someone that doesn't have a broken ankle.
Still haven't said who you would pick.
Obviously they can't play Weepu at the moment, but when he is back, I would like to see him in there.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:00     #33
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

[joke]
Michael Witt

;>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Witt
Quote:
At the end of the 2007 season, Witt's NRL career tally after 72 games stood at 473 points from 18 tries, 199 goals (from 246 attempts at a success rate of 80.89%) and three field goals. Also during 2007, Witt broke Daryl Halligan's record for the best success rate in a season, with his kicking percentage for the year being 92.5% (62 goals from 67 attempts). The previous record set by Halligan was 87.1% in 2000.
92.5% christ!

still can't believe he was dropped from teh warriors.
Quote:
In 2009 Witt was expected to face competition for the Five Eighth spot from new signing Joel Moon.[5][6] The Warriors told him that they didn't expect to use him in 2009, and he would instead he probably spend the season playing in the NSW Cup for the Auckland Vulcans.[7][8] This led Witt to look for a new club and he was linked with the Penrith Panthers and Melbourne Storm before he finally decided to switch codes.
oh, what thread is this again? ;p
[/joke]

anyways, who's our next Carter? time's a ticking.
Old 1st November 2010, 15:01     #34
xor

Why would you choose someone to play if they've broken their ankle? He's out for 4-6months easy.

I'd go for anyone BUT Donald. The guy is a failure through and through. I think they should start with Slade or Cruden and put Carter on in the last 20. They need a trial by fire now in order to win the RWC. Who cares if they lose a couple of games against England or Ireland on the euro tour. The RWC is the tourny to win.
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:37     #35
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Why would you choose someone to play if they've broken their ankle? He's out for 4-6months easy.

I'd go for anyone BUT Donald. The guy is a failure through and through. I think they should start with Slade or Cruden and put Carter on in the last 20. They need a trial by fire now in order to win the RWC. Who cares if they lose a couple of games against England or Ireland on the euro tour. The RWC is the tourny to win.
Roger that, they've made their bed, now they have to lie in it. Donald to start two games out of the next 4. I'm not sure what part of, 'hell will freeze over before Henry will send over another five eighth' you don't understand. It's not going to happen so you might as well get it out of your head.
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:43     #36
PhX

Screw kicking, be a man, forwards 4lyf!
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:24     #37
xor

Quote:
Roger that, they've made their bed, now they have to lie in it. Donald to start two games out of the next 4. I'm not sure what part of, 'hell will freeze over before Henry will send over another five eighth' you don't understand. It's not going to happen so you might as well get it out of your head.
I seem to remember making a comment a few threads ago that the Ab selectors are notoriously conservative and to have you and your egotistical rugby head troll me. Now it seems you're being conservative in your persistence of reselecting Donald. Funny that.

If the selectors want to plan properly for the RWC then they need to have a decent backup to DC. It is blatently obvious that Donald is a loser that can't handle the game at international level, so my question is "Why continue to back a loser with less than 12 months to go until the RWC?"
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:00     #38
herp

I don't know about you guys but I feel at ease knowing we've got such a stellar first five backup. I am completely relaxed about the World Cup.

Last edited by herp : 2nd November 2010 at 12:03.
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:14     #39
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Screw kicking, be a man, forwards 4lyf!
certainly keeping ball in hand wouldn't've been a bad option ... especially in face of the Aussie defense (well, lack thereof)
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:17     #40
PhX

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
I don't know about you guys but I feel at ease knowing we've got such a stellar first five backup. I am completely relaxed about the World Cup.
I say we just use the old food poisoning technique to insure our RWC win. Worked well in the past