NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 1st August 2010, 00:00     #121
drac0s

liking the ref so far, I dunno maybe it's just with football (soccer) world cup so recent I've watched more of that recently and how badly refs in that have it. Lines like "end of story", "not now go away" make me crack up because the authority is instant.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:07     #122
fixed_truth

Holy crap

RED
Old 1st August 2010, 00:12     #123
Erazhure

great stream, thanx herp!

pour it on ABs!
Old 1st August 2010, 00:34     #124
Jenza

www.soulssports.net also has a feed, not too bad at all.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:53     #125
Heresy
yawn.

Aussie did pretty well in the second half, all things considered.

gg NZ.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:00     #126
JERI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
Aussie did pretty well in the second half, all things considered.

gg NZ.
Yeah, two well-earned tries with a man down against the AB tonight was a spirited display, I actually cheered when they crossed over for their 3rd try.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:03     #127
Deadmeat

Agreed, ausi's attack with 14 players was impressive and they absolutely deserved their try from it. I love a good drubbing as much as the next guy but I was disappointed to see the red come out.

Hopefully nothing comes from that lifting tackle, it didn't look anywhere near as bad as the couple last week. All these cards and suspensions have been a real shame, it would have been fantastic to see 80 minutes of 15vs15 with Ausi at their full original selection.

All that aside, keep it up and bring home the silverware
Old 1st August 2010, 01:19     #128
drac0s

was reading another forum when ref called captains out and both got warned about the slowing play down someone posted how Richie walked back to the team basically telling them all to cut it the fuck out, Elsom sulked, muttered under his breath about refs etc... and passed on nothing to his team.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:24     #129
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

disgusting game defensively, we conceded far too many points, we're too complacent.

was SHOCKED when they charged down Carter's kick, then AMAZED when a moment later Carter got his own back.

But yeah, what was that original yellow card for Australia for? We went back at halftime(HD sky or wahtever) and a room of 20 people couldn't see the "obstruction"
Old 1st August 2010, 01:26     #130
CCS
Stunt Pants

Wow, helluva game. Seven goals to three. Kinda fucks with Peter Fitzsimons' theory. Gotta hand it to the Aussies, they didn't give up, even when the odds were against them.
Still more yellow cards and even a red! At least the refs are consistent. If I've been paying close enough attention, all the cards so far have been for slowing the ball down and what the refs consider to be dangerous tackles. It's like the refs are trying to send a message...
Old 1st August 2010, 01:39     #131
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Quite sick of Nonu.

Mils had an amazing game, I can't believe at his age, with his caps, that he's still playing 80mins of test rugby, he's phenomenal!

Richie was on another level. Before the game I told people I wanted Joe to get a try and I'm happy he got one, we played 80% of the offensive game to the other wing so he did well to get the try with the chance he was given.

Nonu is a thief. Reading the All Blacks blog(sure it was 4-5years worth and i forget exactly when it was, you'd only have to read Nonu's entries, there's what? 2 or 3 of them..) and he stole(jokingly?) that dudes wallet(forget who it was) and Carter had to tell him to "Give it back".. not a fan of him. SHELLFISH.

Last edited by Warrick : 1st August 2010 at 01:41.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:43     #132
pig

They played well & it looked to me like the Aussies weren't anywhere near as comfortable with their game plan as the AB's were.
I was like wtf at Carter's kick being charged down & then in complete disbelief when he got a try himself straight after altho if you look closely i think Carter was offside after it hit him then Nonu.
Also believe as soon as Mitchell was sent off the AB's relaxed & only did what they needed to for the win.
Gotta say i really dislike the amount of yellow cards that are being thrown around & for a player to be sent off for a second offence ( fuck knows what the first one was ) as minor as that is pretty crap. You know its gonna happen to us at some stage ( Richie ) and its gonna cost us.
It was stupid on Mitchells part but I think when a send off happens the game is effectively over- at least the AB's were smart enough to get Franks off after he was binned. Another thing that shits me is why is a shoulder charge illegal in Union - and the penalty against Whitelock for the lifting tackle on Cooper - again wtf they would have binned him as well if they had a number -it was a great tackle with nothing wrong with it.
I don't like the amount of influence ref's are exerting atm or at least how much that one did tonight.
Lol also thought their No 8 was crap Jane got past him so easy for that try.

Last edited by pig : 1st August 2010 at 01:44.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:44     #133
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

^^ agreeing. Terrific post.

LOL @ your #8 comment!! The whole room was like "HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN!!!", hahaha what a sack.
Old 1st August 2010, 01:53     #134
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

http://allblacks.co.nz/news/1075/Day...ris---Maa-Nonu

Quote:
I like to have a bit of fun on tour and I when we were at the airport leaving Rome I grabbed Hatch’s (Anton Oliver) wallet out of his bag when he wasn’t looking and when he went to pay for some food he couldn’t find it.

I was going to keep it until Wales, but DC (Dan Carter) told me to give it back. So I gave it back to him and told him he dropped it and said, ‘yeah I’m watching your back buddy’ and he was all ‘thanks man’.
Ok! So it was YEARS ago, he was obviously a kid and thought shit like that was funny. I take back what I said about him being a thief, but yeah.. I still find that shit pretty FUCKING OUT THERE.
Old 1st August 2010, 02:04     #135
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick
disgusting game defensively, we conceded far too many points, we're too complacent.
What a hard to please guy!! If you get the stroppy-face on after we put 49 on the Wallabies I'd hate to see your reaction after a loss.
Old 1st August 2010, 02:13     #136
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

conceding almost 30 points against a 14 man team is disgraceful, imo
Old 1st August 2010, 06:01     #137
deh

Just far too complacent.
Still hoping to see a reason why Nonu is constantly picked. He does nothing but turn the ball over and make mistakes/errors.
The refs impact on the game was huge, some pretty awful calls and the red card was harsh.
Gotta say watching rugby with shit commentators like Gordon Bray & Tim Horan makes the experiance a little less enjoyable.
Old 1st August 2010, 08:34     #138
Kryten

More rubbish from the SMH and Matt Burke about the upcoming game in Christchurch - Source

Quote:
''It is more difficult to play in NZ at night but I think that's why they schedule it at that time because they try and seek every advantage they can get".
Old 1st August 2010, 09:10     #139
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryten
More rubbish from the SMH and Matt Burke about the upcoming game in Christchurch - Source
hahahah
anyone know the ground staff at Jade Stadium? Specifically the PA/sound crew?

get them cranking some Iron Maiden "Fear of the Dark".....
Old 1st August 2010, 09:24     #140
Deadmeat

To be fair to the ref in regards to the card, he had already sent the same bloke off for slowing down the game and specifically warned the team captains about it. My guess is if it was any other player it would have resulted in a yellow.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:10     #141
Deff
I felt shocked

3 Things.

New respect for Jane, so solid under pressure.

Joe Rok, playing like a demon, hitting hard and putting himself it good positions

Felt real stink when Mitchell got sent off but as someone mentioned above both captains were given running instruction. If that wasn't conveyed to their teams thats a HUGE failure on the captains before and Elsom needs to answer for that.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:28     #142
orpheus
Jedi Knight

Good to see Joe finally cross the line.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:00     #143
Kryten

I think Alsom has a lot to answer for - as a captain he was pretty awful, his attitude in general and behaviour towards the referee struck me as very poor.

I had to laugh about Richie approaching Joubert after we were awarded another penalty and saying something along the lines of "excuse me sir, is there anything you'd like to discuss with me?".
Old 1st August 2010, 16:53     #144
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff
3 Things.

New respect for Jane, so solid under pressure.

Joe Rok, playing like a demon, hitting hard and putting himself it good positions

Felt real stink when Mitchell got sent off but as someone mentioned above both captains were given running instruction. If that wasn't conveyed to their teams thats a HUGE failure on the captains before and Elsom needs to answer for that.
I watched it again this morning, I noticed that straight after the captains got that chat Richie walked back and told everyone dont delay the restarts etc...Rocky walked back and said nothing..he is responsible for the message not getting back to the team.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:37     #145
blynk

Quote:
^^ agreeing. Terrific post.

LOL @ your #8 comment!! The whole room was like "HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN!!!", hahaha what a sack.
"dad. I dug a hole"
Thats all I could think of everytime I saw him.
Quote:

was SHOCKED when they charged down Carter's kick, then AMAZED when a moment later Carter got his own back.

But yeah, what was that original yellow card for Australia for? We went back at halftime(HD sky or wahtever) and a room of 20 people couldn't see the "obstruction"
You were shocked aye. It happens a few times a game, just usually the ball keeps going forward.
I would say the call for the yellow came from Kaplin. You could hear him heaps during the game. I think you only heard from other touch judge once.
The red was definitely for a 2nd yellow, and nothing else.

It was a shame they conseeded 28 points. At least 10 of those were with 15. It would have been nice if it was less, but its not really that bad. Especially how long we held them out at 1 point. They still got a try, but they struggled, and then we went a got a try the other end with less effort. The way the game went, I don't think they would have scored any more with 15 players, they may have been about to hold us out for 1 or 2.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:51     #146
Macca@Work

Quote:
conceding almost 30 points against a 14 man team is disgraceful, imo
Bollocks.It was a fast paced game from both teams spreading the ball out and running it.Get used to it it's the way rugby is played atm.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:47     #147
a-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca@Work
Bollocks.It was a fast paced game from both teams spreading the ball out and running it.Get used to it it's the way rugby is played atm.
Agreed - if you noticed, we were actually pretty solid on defence when they were on our line in the 2nd half.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:02     #148
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

The quality of rugby was phenomenal, a real treat to watch. The accuracy from both teams was so good there were very few stoppages, really makes you appreciate the talent of these teams compared to the NPC.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:42     #149
blynk

I think that was the best thing of the game. The lack of scrums. How often do you see a front rower get sent off, and the sub has to come on. It didn't happen with Franks off (I think Oz had an option for a scrum at one point and I am surprised they didn't take it).

However, they may have been lucky that there weren't more scrums, considering what happened to the ground on our 5 meter mark. That was shocking.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:59     #150
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

When we did have scrums we shunted them big time but for some reason Mealamu was keen to hook it out the back ASAP rather than give the shite Wallabies pack some grief.
Old 6th August 2010, 19:04     #151
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

lawlz, this video makes Richie look about 8ft tall, hahaha

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...lery_id=113051

edit: might help if i link the right vid!

Last edited by Warrick : 6th August 2010 at 19:07.
Old 7th August 2010, 17:13     #152
_Incubus_

I made a movie to sum things up.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6882737/
Old 7th August 2010, 17:22     #153
Kryten

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
I made a movie to sum things up.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6882737/
Tears of lol. Nice work Incy.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:39     #154
Heresy
yawn.

share your streams

http://www.iraqgoals.tv/ch4.html
Old 7th August 2010, 20:43     #155
Heresy
yawn.

http://www.veetle.com/index.php/chan...#4c2d4c2e2549c
Old 7th August 2010, 20:55     #156
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

http://www.vipstand.net/watch/1866/2...australia.html
Old 7th August 2010, 21:05     #157
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

streams surprisingly good quality and only cranking around 105-120KB/s
Old 7th August 2010, 21:17     #158
Heresy
yawn.

yep they've come a long way in a couple of years

Veetle is especially good and easy to use
Old 7th August 2010, 22:11     #159
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

yawn ;p

need Sonny Bill ! ;p
Old 8th August 2010, 01:18     #160
CCS
Stunt Pants

That was a good close match. It'll show the ABs what they need to work on. Having weak opponents playing an old style who just get walked over are no good for the ABs.