Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 12th March 2010, 12:58     #41
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrom0
Arrgh, take this thread out of the rugby forum!!!!
Stop reading it you numbnuts?
Old 12th March 2010, 15:19     #42
nostrom0

It’s a absolute disgrace to the code you would-be NRL supporter.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:27     #43
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrom0
Arrgh, take this thread out of the rugby forum!!!!
Fully agree!! All the surrounding union threads are SULLYING this one!

By the way, who else is doing pickings on jimungo?? there's an NZgames group remaining from last year.
And that group is here: http://jimungo.com/groups/nzgames/default.aspx

Main site is
http://virtualleague.jimungo.com/

Last edited by MrTTTT : 12th March 2010 at 17:29.
Old 16th March 2010, 10:49     #44
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Also Fien starting at hooker or maybe halfback for the Dragons if Hornby doesn't play.
Well that didn't work out too well for him, poor fella Looking at the injury reports from round 1, I'm just glad the Warriors seem to have escaped unscathed e.g. Manly have lost Stewart and Williams for 6 weeks or so..
Old 17th March 2010, 02:38     #45
QWERTY?

what an atrocious second half for the warriors, seriously, what happened to the defence ffs, they dont seem to shuffle the line very well... though they did very well in the first half, seymour and maloney did fairly well I would say, I hope they sort there def out and build from there.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:46     #46
pig

Got stuck in traffic on the southern motorway & missed the Warriors game, listened on radio tho, conceding that try just before halftime was a killer.
On the other hand the Manly v Tigers game was fantastic, Tigers looked out for all money, Manly were just dominating them physically but overdid it & conceded a few penalties & gave the Tigers to much possession.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:05     #47
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Mannering and McKinnon back this week for the Sharks game.. I like the idea of McKinnon on the bench more than Moon, as it means they'll rotate Hohaia to hooker rather than messing with the halves combination mid-game.

Hoping for a big game from Seymour against his old club (and another one next week against his other old club).
Old 20th March 2010, 22:49     #48
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Surprised we let them almost catch us in the first half, pretty happy with the result overall. Our conversions are lacking.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:51     #49
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Yeah, pity we can't bring Seymour on just for the kicks - don't need a thumb for that!

Could be in a spot of bother next week though, Maloney's on report for a spear tackle and has carry over points from the late hit last week, so we could be looking at their third half-back in three games. Johnson to make his debut?
Old 24th March 2010, 02:56     #50
QWERTY?

Brown is out as well for an early plea on a dangerous tackle.. he had an excellent game.

I love seeing Tate out there getting involved, this is his last year on-contract with the warriors no? I would hate to see them lose him without a really decent replacement.

Big Manu is cranking up again, I haven't seen him play like that since mid last year.

Great to finally see a win, but man did they let it slip at the end of the first half again...
Old 25th March 2010, 06:51     #51
QWERTY?

Price is out for a few more weeks.....

looks like that captain change was a stroke of genius really, no doubt he'll come back fire up for a month, play origin and be out for another few weeks. Might be good to see the younger guys step up a bit more, I don't rate Latimore at all either :/
Old 25th March 2010, 08:17     #52
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY?
I don't rate Latimore at all either :/
Neither. And it seems like a totally redundant buy when Warriors development grades are overflowing with big Polynesians that are physically better suited to his role.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:36     #53
QWERTY?

yeh if he doesn't show some thing more awe inspiring I don't see why they wont bring up one of the poly boys with ball playing skills, or even put matalino in the front row.
Given he only has a 1 year deal with an option for an extension, seems a bit silly when they could have kept tuimavarve who hasnt been too shabby playing for the knights.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:04     #54
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Props aren't generally meant to be ball players though, they're battering rams for gaining meters. Close to the line it's meant to be the second rowers creating opportunities with offloads and angle running etc. Problem is we don't really have any of those at the moment; would rather we found one of those instead of trying to manufacture a ball-playing prop

I think the rumours around Tui were that there was a falling out between Warriors Management and his agent, as it was the same guy representing Fein and co.

Good to see Maloney beat the charge anyway
Old 28th March 2010, 18:45     #55
fobski

what team did I just watch

what a completely mental fucking game

FUCK YEAH WARRIORS
Old 28th March 2010, 19:05     #56
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

The was the funniest game ever. The amount of injuries was outrageous!

Maloney, eh~ was a trooper
Old 28th March 2010, 19:08     #57
Ultimative

So much awesome about that game I just can't put it all down.

Bet Price and Buster can't wait to get back now. Need to get that useless prick Royal out of the side ASAP.
Old 28th March 2010, 19:16     #58
ZoSo

Holy shit, what a spanking. Go the mighty vodafone Warriors.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:15     #59
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

I used to apply a rule to the Warriors which was that if they didn't get a try just before half-time or score first after half-time that they would lose. They held to that rule (with I think 1 exception) for at least two entire seasons (I stopped checking eventually). They even went to great lengths to keep to the rule in some games, to either come back from crazy points down or lose with a massive lead...

Today was the first time in a LONG time I've seen them (and noticed them) break that rule.

CRAZY good game!

I hope Manu and Simon are ok...
Old 29th March 2010, 09:32     #60
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Awesome game, was worried we were in for a repeat of the Titans effort after the Broncos scored first in the second half..

I'm curious about what they'll do next week with the team though.. Brown in for Mannering is a no-brainer, but do they bring a new wing like Tupou in, or stick with the rejigged back-line they had for most of this game, with Tate on the wing and Ropo/Moon in the centres, given that it worked so effectively.

I would also wonder if Cleary's thinking of rotating some forwards. I know you're not supposed to mess with a winning team but playing so many minutes in the brisbane heat would have taken a bit out of them. I'd rest the second stringers, Latimore and Royal, and bring in Poching and someone else for a week to have some fresh legs out there.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:38     #61
Ultimative

I'd probably put Brown in the centres, with Locke and Tate on the wings. Ta'ai in for Mannering. That keeps everyone in their positions as much as possible.

Heremaia played 80mins and still seemed sharp at the end of it, would love it if he could play 80 mins constantly.
Old 30th March 2010, 03:16     #62
GiBs

Amazing game to watch! Would'nt it of been awesome if Locke threw that dummy at the end and got another try to break 50 points!

I think the commentators at one stage said something like "The warriors have got no idea what they're doing they're just playing some footy" haha after that Moon try.
Old 31st March 2010, 06:14     #63
QWERTY?

Manu, Mannering - out
Topou, Brown - in

I didnt realise Seymour was out for up to 8 weeks, the fark
Price is still out......
Rapira is starting with Packer, jesus they really need Price back to remove Royal, every time that guy touchs the balls I hold my breath in anticipation of a cockup and jesus he is slow/lazy getting up after a ruck...
Old 31st March 2010, 12:08     #64
xor

I watched the replay of the Warriors v Brisbane. Why do I even bother following the super14? This has way more carnage and entertainment than union
Old 1st April 2010, 06:10     #65
QWERTY?

haha yeh, If league took a real hold in NZ union would be totally destroyed I would think, the only union I watch now is international and finals. Even a bad league game is better than a normal super 14 match :\

I wonder if there is a big enough base to support another NZ league club in the NRL, perhaps in wellington or christchurch.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:53     #66
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

A team in Christchurch is definitely a good idea
Old 1st April 2010, 13:32     #67
QWERTY?

is league big down south? I would think a lot of people would get into it regardless as union is pretty glacial to watch these days, man the derby matches between auck/chch would be huuggggee, that'd be mint.
Old 1st April 2010, 13:33     #68
leadinjector

just wait a while and theyll all die. seriously, the only people i know who give a fuck about union are relics.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:36     #69
deh

there's no way the nrl would add another team from NZ, the warriors have been awful for the whole time they've been in the competition (minus the 1 time they made the grand final). Warriors should definitely play more games around NZ tho, Welly/CHCH would be a great idea and they'd start to live up to the NZ Warriors title.
Old 2nd April 2010, 03:11     #70
QWERTY?

they said there was no-way they would ever have an NZ team either...
Old 4th April 2010, 18:53     #71
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

there's no way that was a try!
Old 5th April 2010, 17:00     #72
QWERTY?

abysmal effort though, they deserved to lose.

but they probably could have fired up if that try wasnt disallowed

and fucking Jesse Royal, fucks up two tries (or close tries)
Old 5th April 2010, 17:06     #73
QWERTY?

*if that try WAS disallowed.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:26     #74
MrTTTT

Royal sux. He's the new Betham/Swann.
Old 6th April 2010, 01:19     #75
QWERTY?

haha thats an excellent comparison actually.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:19     #76
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

The stats says he gets through a tonne of work, consistently in the top 5 for metres gained and tackles made and has the lowest missed tackle count of anyone.. But yeah, those errors, sheesh. Halves need to realise he's not the guy to give the ball to close to the line, let him be the dummy runner..
Old 7th April 2010, 01:36     #77
QWERTY?

I always feel my stomach drop when he is in a tackle because he looks soooooo slow getting off, but perhaps he is just very good at holding up the play.
Old 7th April 2010, 03:42     #78
QWERTY?

Luck is out with a hand injury.

Tate to captain.

I'm sad to say it but I think they will be thumped this week, so many friggen injuries.
Old 7th April 2010, 03:51     #79
QWERTY?

im such a spammer....

Price is retiring end of season, not surprising he's been picking up A LOT of injuries in the last 3 seasons, so it is safe to say his body is packing it in, what is he 35/36 now? excellent run really.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:38     #80
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I love how if you're an influential player in league you pretty much have to let everyone know almost a year in advance when you plan on retiring so they can organise all the tribute matches and honours nights etc on your behalf :P