Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:44     #41
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp
We were 10/10 on our own throw in the weekend and won 2 from Australia. What are you complaining about exactly?

Thorn got 1 yes, but the other lock only got 2, McCaw got 1 and Thompson got 1. Read got 5. Does that mean Read should be playing lock then as we threw to him 50% of our lineout ball? There are 5 jumpers in our team and Thorne is strong enough to be an expert lifter as well as the height to lift higher than the props. I know I've defended him enough, but these calls to drop him are ridiculous.

And xor is trying to troll with the "he doesn't call lineouts." Noone is that stupid.
lol such a scrub
Your stating common facts that don't really need to be commented on. Yes, there are 5 jumpers. Hayman even went up for one once. But it's not good rugby to rely on loosies to win your lineout all the time.
As blynk said, Aussie didn't compete so it's no wonder we won our own ball.

As I said before when you got sand in your vag, I don't think Thorn is good at lock. He'd be a good blind side or no 8. I just don't think he can compete with the big boys from SA.

You defend him like he's got his dick in your arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fB4eO-OeMQ
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:47     #42
Helious

haha, Ali Williams is the man. That looked effortless. Gregan appeared gobsmacked, lol
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:31     #43
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckies
Granted we're the home nation but we don't even know if McCaw will last till the world cup and still be in current form. Furthermore Carter could get injured anytime during the tournament. If either of these eventuate we stand no chance.
Why would that be taken into account. Steyn migh be injured and therefore there would be no penalties from 40+m out. All of a sudden SA would be quite a different team and would require different tactics.
Suzy may pay a visit to a number of the teams and then Japan might win it.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:37     #44
blueballs

the fact that absolutely anyone can be injured, and new players can crop up in any country, etc, would be reflected (this far out from the comp) in the odds by them being set relatively evenly - i.e. no really heavy favourites.

then they have to offset that with who joe punter is putting all his money on, so they don't pay out too much.

everything gets taken into account.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:48     #45
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckies
Odds are complete shit though:

New Zealand 2.36
South Africa 5.3
Australia 6.2
England 13.5
France 15
Yeah dude those odds are just stupidly low, an obvious reflection on how uncertain the bookie is so far out which is fair enough don't you think? I mean NZ doesn't have odds up yet because being more than a year away it is a bit silly :P

I think 3 months out NZ TAB will give a much fairer assessment of what the odds should be and with current form I can't see the TAB doing a repeat of "All Blacks to win World Cup or ANY OTHER TEAM" !!!
Old 24th September 2009, 11:53     #46
herp

Ali Williams is 6 ft 8?
Old 24th September 2009, 12:05     #47
xor

no
Old 24th September 2009, 12:15     #48
herp

Close enough.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:06     #49
Helious

strange eh, wiki reckons he's 6'8.5

i don't think he's that tall, i know Issac Ross is the tallest in the NZ/AU/SA sides atm and he's 6'7

if that's true about Ali Williams he's a fucking monster.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:08     #50
xor

He's 6ft6 according to allblacks.com
Old 24th September 2009, 20:19     #51
herp

oh lols wiki got me all surprised too but he's listed as 2.02m on his website and ab's.com which is 79.5 inches so 6 ft 7 1/2 (6.6ft), same as Jason Eaton & Bakkies Botha. Ross is listed at 1.99m. I didn't know they were that tall tbh.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:41     #52
Helious

Strange Ross is listed at that. I swear during the last game they said he was 203cm. All good in my neck of the woods.