NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 24th November 2008, 09:11     #41
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

All I can say is unfuckingbelievable. Wow. Just shows how being tagged the favourite is nothing but a curse. We can lose to Aussie every time for the next 5 years and still say, "Thanks guys, but you can just refer to us as 'The World Champions' if it's all the same to you ta".

Of all Sports how the fuck seriously? Little old NZ, man, amazing.'

Boy those Australian commentators were laying it on thick, they look so stupid now. Some golden comments:

"The Kiwi's will have to do ten times better than that if they want to prise this trophy out of Australia's grasp"

"This is the best Kangaroos side I've seen in the last 15 years bar none, I'm sorry but I just can't see the Kiwi's even coming close".

Ahhhhh it feels good.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:47     #42
QWERTY?

haha i watched it on setanta (feed from sky sports UK)

the first time the brit commentators got behind the kiwi's

good to see the poms in the crowd raging up for the boys as well, my previous hatred for british people has moved to a mild dislike.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:59     #43
Hurtuso

National Anthem, while a little gay, was very well done by that singer. Mind you our anthem is pretty crap to begin with. Hahaha Aussies challenged our haka with their 'criminal lineup stance' and got hammered. Yays!
Old 24th November 2008, 16:40     #44
_Incubus_

Haha on todays news in Australia the big talk is having a hybrid game between the Aussie league team vs the Union team. Obviously they are a bit tired of losing to other countries and have decided to close shop and have Australia wins no matter what...they already have a sport like that..AFL. Dickweeds.
Old 24th November 2008, 16:42     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Hey, at least the Aussies are being good sports about it. Oh wait, it's AUSTRALIA.

Quote:
Australian coach Ricky Stuart was so incensed by the shock loss of his team that he verbally attacked ARL chief executive and close friend Geoff Carr on the field at fulltime, alleging a conspiracy by tournament organisers.

He is later reported to have harangued Klein and Cummings following a chance meeting in the foyer of their Brisbane hotel.

An RFL spokesman refused to provide any details of the clash but confirmed to The Guardian that it had occurred in front of dozens of witnesses.

The RFL is preparing an official complaint to the Rugby League International Federation and the Herald was told that once it was received an investigation into Stuart's actions would begin.

But his Kangaroos and Cronulla backrower Paul Gallen provided the clearest evidence of a conspiracy theory in the Australian camp by referring to "a stitch-up" in an interview on Channel Nine.

Stuart is understood to have taken particular exception to a number of refereeing decisions that proved costly to his team and made accusations that an Australian loss suited the organisers and the future of the World Cup
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...491431570.html
Old 24th November 2008, 16:46     #46
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Oh puh lease! Come on Australia, you gifted yourselves all the medals as a consolation prize even though neither Lockyer or Slater deserved them, wasn't that enough?

Maybe you're getting a little dose of what the Warriors get EVERY week of EVERY game with your bullshit biased Australian refs!
Old 24th November 2008, 17:00     #47
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

The irony of course is that the referee was Australian born :P
Old 24th November 2008, 19:25     #48
Deadmeat

I love that this comes what, 1-2 weeks after GHenry got the sportsman award for how he handled the french world cup defeat.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:44     #49
JAYJAY

Bahahaha fucking coach having a tanty. I love that they are so sore about that loss.

Good fucking job! You've had it long enough - Hand the trophy over to a team who are clearly better when it comes to crunch time.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:04     #50
TnT

All I can say is Hey Ricky.

Old 24th November 2008, 22:15     #51
JAYJAY

QFT! I'm reading google au news and the aussies are slamming the kangaroos worse than the kiwi's slammed them!
Old 25th November 2008, 09:04     #52
blynk

So, does this make up for the 5 Rugby World Cups that we lost where we should of won? Or are we still along way away from that.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:41     #53
Deadmeat

Quote:
The Herald was told by a witness in the foyer of the Holiday Inn at the time of the incident that Stuart yelled to Klein: "You're the c--- who cost us the World Cup."
All class that Ricky.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:50     #54
ZoSo

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid....aspx?id=53577

..and he's gone. Tarnish our glorious win with sour grapes and pay, mofo!