NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 24th September 2008, 10:48     #81
Haydos

Yeah, I don't buy that at all, largely because if he was homesick, he'd return to NZ Super 12 rather than swallow his pride and fall on his sword. Did you see how against the Bulldogs he was?

Plus he's got Umaga, Khoder and Mundine all over there whenever he needs them, probably just someone trying to sniff out a story.
Old 24th September 2008, 11:06     #82
fobski

apparently umagas gonna get the sack
Old 24th September 2008, 12:07     #83
Rocket

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobski
apparently umagas gonna get the sack
haha yer right, my flat mates mate is in the team, and i remember him saying that Umaga is practically a a GOD over there, they absolutely adore him
Old 24th September 2008, 12:34     #84
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Interesting, will have to wait to hear SBW view before we start making assumptions, it's probably all lies.
Yeah, my thoughts as well. Someone wanting to get a story. Probably an Australian.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:04     #85
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

What a surprise, media bullshit again.

Umaga's agent says his job is not under threat at all
SBW releases a statement saying he's loving it in France
Old 4th October 2008, 10:01     #86
_Incubus_

I'd be surprised if Money Bill Williams is able to crack the AB's, actually it pretty much boils down to him being able to stay injury free..
Old 5th October 2008, 09:34     #87
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
I'd be surprised if Money Bill Williams is able to crack the AB's, actually it pretty much boils down to him being able to stay injury free..
spoken like a true Aussie
Old 5th October 2008, 10:42     #88
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
spoken like a true Aussie
Bah, he was part of the anti Willie Mason movement at the bulldogs demanding he got the sack, a week after he was axed Money Bill was in there asking for a salary increase because of all the freed up money from Willie's salary cap..
Old 5th October 2008, 11:35     #89
pig

Willie Mason is a tool, he encouraged SBW to to stick with his mates at the Bulldogs & then fakes a hissy fit 6 months later so he can be released & join the Roosters on a better deal.
Old 5th October 2008, 21:45     #90
Russian

muh

Willie "ADD" Mason
Old 7th October 2008, 18:38     #91
PjKiwi

If I was conrad smith/richard kahui I'd be really angry about all the bullshit over SBW. I have never heard anyone get talked up so much for possible AB selection on such a flimsy basis.

I'd rather see caleb ralph there
Old 8th October 2008, 12:59     #92
Macca@Work

Agreed.
To qoute the bard.. "much ado about nothing.."
I don't like SBW mainly because he said has achieved
lots in sport and league particular which I think is a load of crap.
Old 11th October 2008, 13:26     #93
-Dr.J-

It seems it's only the people who have seen Sonny Bill play a fair bit that know how good he actually is. When he's not injured, this guy is easily good enough for the AB's.
Old 13th October 2008, 09:48     #94
Haydos

Physically, yes.

Mentally, I think he's going to struggle to curb his instincts with the shoulder charge. I think he's going to struggle with positional play and be carved up by some of the better inside centres in the game and I think his opportunities will be diminished with Kahui, Donald and Conrad Smith looking to lock down the centres.

AB's are a far more polished side with two play makers, I think giving Donald the ability to come into the line up, alternate with Carter at first and second gives the added bonus of left foot/right foot kicking, play makers with passes off of both feet and the ability to give Carter a bit more space.
Old 13th October 2008, 09:56     #95
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PjKiwi

I'd rather see caleb ralph there

instant life ban
Old 16th October 2008, 10:21     #96
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

C'mon SBW, it's boring watching Toulon play without you
Old 20th October 2008, 16:11     #97
Luse

Sorry for the almost-threadcromancy..

Is there anywhere you can watch streams of the Toulon games?
Old 20th October 2008, 18:21     #98
Rocket

youtube
Old 21st October 2008, 11:58     #99
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luse_K
Sorry for the almost-threadcromancy..

Is there anywhere you can watch streams of the Toulon games?
I doubt it. Rugby channel.
Old 21st October 2008, 16:33     #100
-Dr.J-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
Physically, yes.

Mentally, I think he's going to struggle to curb his instincts with the shoulder charge. I think he's going to struggle with positional play and be carved up by some of the better inside centres in the game and I think his opportunities will be diminished with Kahui, Donald and Conrad Smith looking to lock down the centres.
Pfff

He'll be able to change from shoulder charging. He's a very good defender positionally as well as in one on one situations and has the pace, lateral play and footwork to match the smaller competitors at outside centre. That's what makes him so good. He's an agile tank. Kahui has been dudded but now they know he goes okay on the wing, if Sonny goes good at centre they'd just move him out there. I like Conrad but I reckon he's on the verge of falling off the pace personally. He's a smart player but not as athletic as his colleagues.