NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 23rd June 2007, 10:03     #1
markE

NZ v SA

Huge game tonight, at the start of the week I was thinking it was to had to pick. Now that the saffas have lost a couple of players from last weeks team I'm going to go for the AB's. We just need to make sure that ol Come Steyn doesn't get the ball within 50m of our posts.
NZ 23 Sa 13
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:28     #2
JERI

Probably 17-10 to the All Blacks.
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:45     #3
blynk

I think the boks will get more than that. They are likely to get at least 5 penalties/drop goals which is 15, maybe a try so I say 22.

Therefore 31-22 to the ABs
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:58     #4
caffiend

SA by 25 - 17
Old 23rd June 2007, 16:03     #5
Helious

I'm keen to see what chiQ has to say about the fulltime score. She did quite well predicting the last match!
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:22     #6
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
I think the boks will get more than that. They are likely to get at least 5 penalties/drop goals which is 15, maybe a try so I say 22.

Therefore 31-22 to the ABs
I like how you think, but I think we'll get more, and teh saffas will get slightly less......

36-19 to the ABs
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:56     #7
_Incubus_

26 - 19 NZ the win!
Old 24th June 2007, 00:57     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I don't think the Boks have a backline that can score 19 points against the ABs this year.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:26     #9
pig

Bloody hell the boks have already shown what dirty bastards they are.
Ref hasn't seen much of it yet.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:52     #10
silva^

Boks seem to want it more, they get more to the breakdown. AB's need to get hungry.
Old 24th June 2007, 03:21     #11
markE

Ref needs to get control of the game!
Old 24th June 2007, 03:23     #12
markE

At last ! hooray and they're down to 14 lets go AB's
Old 24th June 2007, 03:39     #13
Puchu

ugh
Old 24th June 2007, 03:41     #14
markE

Yesssssssssssssssssssss, great play our boys
Old 24th June 2007, 03:48     #15
Jenza

GG 26-21 to NZ
Old 24th June 2007, 03:50     #16
markE

Cum stein on your face
Old 24th June 2007, 03:52     #17
pig

Jesus that was a terrible game to watch, Boks with their usual crap including offsides but the All Blacks handling was horrific for about 50 mins.
Dunno what was going on at the breakdowns in the first half either, easy ball for them in some cases.
Good that they finally put some tries on the board, seemed like our guys had better fitness for sure. Kelleher was good as were the loose forwards.
Old 24th June 2007, 03:52     #18
Koldzy

What a game!! that was so intense

Go ABs!
Old 24th June 2007, 03:57     #19
Puchu

Wow a real victory from the jaws of defeat game there
Old 24th June 2007, 03:58     #20
ZoSo

That was a pretty decent gear change at the end there. Nice bit of extra speed for the comeback. GG.
Old 24th June 2007, 03:58     #21
blynk

Glad they won. When I started watching it, I had a bad feeling that we were going to lose, and it would be because of our line out. Generally you would need a strong lineout in S.A. with the long distance kicking. But there was very little kicking it out.

The ref had a shocker in the first half. Missed the carrying the ball over the line, and I am sure there was another point that Montgomery knocked the ball back over the 22 and the kicked it out on the full with no mention of the line out going back.

He picked up his game in the 2nd.

Great run from Soialo, and great draw and pass from MacDonald. I was sure he was going to screw up and pass it to Collins, but sent a nice ball to Roko
Old 24th June 2007, 04:31     #22
vorlon

my thoughts exactly blynk!
Old 24th June 2007, 11:34     #23
StN
I have detailed files

Last gasp win? They were gasping, and we lasted.
Old 24th June 2007, 12:37     #24
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Fuck that was crazy .... man those yarpies are dirty :\

Man, so many handling errors and the line out was a mess but the scrum was awesome. Fuck Rodney can move~!
Old 24th June 2007, 12:52     #25
leadinjector

i think the best player on the SA side that game was def the ref, at least in the first half. I wish SA would clean their shit up, I like the way they play rugby but you can almost guarantee every game they will try and get into a punch up with McCaw who to his credit is above that kind of shit. And pushing a guy in front of Jerry Collins at full steam is just plain cruel.

Last 20 minutes from the ABs was awesome but the first half was fucking horrible to watch, what was it 10 handling errors to 0? learn to pass plz. Also Rodney for pres.
Old 24th June 2007, 12:58     #26
JERI

Friggin' impressive that ABs held out under the pressure with so little time to go!
Old 24th June 2007, 14:10     #27
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
Friggin' impressive that ABs held out under the pressure with so little time to go!
no real pressure from SA, they were too exhausted by the end
Old 24th June 2007, 15:01     #28
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Fucking good game to watch, anybody catch the total of handling errors? Think it was 12 - 1 to us.

gogogo Rokocoko
Old 24th June 2007, 15:01     #29
Jin

FUCK OFF AARON MAUGER
Old 24th June 2007, 15:47     #30
leadinjector

yeah pass it don't kick it mauger :/
Old 24th June 2007, 15:49     #31
oOo Dragon oOo

I ended up watching the replay this morning as I kinda fell asleep from alcohol. Anyway, man what a game. I said to a mate.. man the all blacks are running this game quite fast. His reply ' Yeah, and they are going to go ever quicker' WTF. That reconditioning really has helped, and they will only get better. They start playing like that for an entire 80 mins and I don't think anyone will touch them.

Just have to work on those handling errors, but overall, nailbiting game.
Old 24th June 2007, 16:57     #32
caffiend

Glad to be wrong on my score prediction; for second there I thought I'd picked it exactly...

Awesome from the ABs between 60 and 70 minutes; the Saffas just had no response. It was like watching Muhammad Ali do a rope-a-dope on someone: lay back on the ropes taking a few blows and let them wear themselves out swinging wildly for the first 8 rounds, then come out swinging with the knockout punches when they're fucked. Although I'm not sure that was intentional from NZ

Henry loved being able to crow about the reconditioning period "having worked"!
Old 24th June 2007, 18:58     #33
Puchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin
FUCK OFF AARON MAUGER
Agree
Old 24th June 2007, 20:33     #34
Sp0nge

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Henry loved being able to crow about the reconditioning period "having worked"!
gg Henry...
both the rotation policy and reconditioning have worked.
...now its time to reteach your puppets how to catch the ball.
Old 24th June 2007, 20:40     #35
blynk

I'm not a cantab supporter, but I like Mauger, I feel he's got a good head and reliable. That pass was unfortunate, and could happen to anyone.
Old 24th June 2007, 21:22     #36
surreal

Re Mauger, I would like to see the All Blacks taking a lot of drop goals when possible in the build up to the world cup. We could definitely do with more practice, and perhaps benefit from scaring the opposition a little as it is something unexpected for sure.
Old 24th June 2007, 22:43     #37
pig

One unlucky pass doesn't make him a bad player, i still reckon he had a better game than Carter. Toss up between he and McAlister as to who is better but it's good to have them both available.
Old 24th June 2007, 23:00     #38
silva^

Get off Maugers back already, he's a great player, and deserves to be in the starting 15 every game. I'm sure nobody was complaining when he slotted the drop goal. And as far as his intercept pass, he saw the all black in his field of vision, like one foot away, threw the pass. I'm sure he didnt even see the african so how can you blame him, its not like he saw the african, and decided to throw it anyway..

This time last year rodney was the villain, now he's the fucking hero, all that does is prove you cant judge someone on one bad game, or pass.
Old 25th June 2007, 00:21     #39
Jin

Silva, you're wrong.

How does it feel.
Old 25th June 2007, 00:54     #40
caffiend

No he's not.

Mauger threw a borderline pass and Butch James read it superbly from pace. But pretty much every current All Black throws borderline passes several times in every single game they play these days (see Carter vs Canada the week before). He just got punished, but they usually get away with it - either through someone else covering their ass and picking it up or by the other team not exploiting it.

Ignoring the intercept, Mauger had an ok game, the drop goal was good and he was more creative than Carter by miles.