Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 2nd November 2011, 14:27     #1
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Super Rugby Teams 2012

Was just looking at the newly unveiled Chiefs side which doesn't look bad, my only concern is the experience on the wing is very light with only Masaga as the seasoned campaigner then I realised who WASN'T on the list...

Where the hell is Colin Bourke?! Didn't make any Super franchise? How can that be?
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:00     #2
Phrack

GoogleFu SD! Looks like he wants to go overseas.

http://www.rotoruadailypost.co.nz/ne...e-end/1082914/
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:04     #3
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Was just looking at the newly unveiled Chiefs side which doesn't look bad, my only concern is the experience on the wing is very light with only Masaga as the seasoned campaigner then I realised who WASN'T on the list...

Where the hell is Colin Bourke?! Didn't make any Super franchise? How can that be?
I'm hardly a fan of the Chiefs but the backline looks mean..
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:02     #4
JERI

Looking pretty balanced

Quote:
BLUES :
Gareth Anscombe, Anthony Boric, Daniel Braid, Luke Braid, Charlie Faumuina, Michael Hobbs, Jerome Kaino, Chris Lowrey, Tevita Mailau, Pauliasi Manu, Alby Mathewson, Tom McCartney, Keven Mealamu, Brad Mika, George Moala, Liaki Moli,Lachie Munro, Ma'a Nonu, Filo Paulo, David Raikuna, Rene Ranger, Peter Saili, Benson Stanley, Sherwin Stowers, Angus Ta'avao, Isaia Toeava, Piri Weepu, Ali Williams, Tony Woodcock, Rudi Wulf

CHIEFS:
Ben Afeaki, Alex Bradley, Sam Cane, Craig Clarke, Shane Cleaver, Aaron Cruden, Hika Elliot, Mike Fitzgerald, Romana Graham, Andrew Horrell, Richard Kahui, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Tanerau Latimer,Fritz Lee, Brendon Leonard, Lelia Masaga, Liam Messam, Tim Nanai-Williams, Maritino Nemani, Declan O'Donnell, Brodie Retallick, Robbie Robinson, Mahonri Schwalger, Toby Smith, Ben Tameifuna, Sona Taumalolo, Kane Thompson, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Scott Waldrom, Sonny Bill Williams, Jackson Willison

HURRICANES:
Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Beauden Barrett, Tim Bateman, Michael Bent, James Broadhurst, Richard Buckman, Dane Coles, Jason Eaton, Chris Eaton, Reggie Goodes, David Hall, Jayden Hayward, Cory Jane, Daniel Kirkpatrick, Jack Lam, Alapati Leiua, Faifili Levave, Karl Lowe, Motu Matu'u, Ben May,Tristan Moran, Charlie Ngatai, TJ Perenara, Tusi Pisi, Mark Reddish, Julian Savea, Brad Shields, Conrad Smith, Chris Smylie, Andre Taylor, Jeremy Thrush, Victor Vito

CRUSADERS:
Nicholas Barrett, Tyler Bleyendaal, Daniel Carter, Wyatt Crockett, Ryan Crotty, Israel Dagg, Tom Donnelly, Andy Ellis, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Robbie Fruean, Ben Funnell, Zac Guildford, Willi Heinz, Ross Kennedy, Quentin MacDonald, Sean Maitland, Tom Marshall, Richie McCaw, Patrick Osborne, Kieran Read, Luke Romano, Tom Taylor, Matt Todd, Joe Wheeler, Sam Whitelock, George Whitelock, Adam Whitelock, Luke Whitelock

HIGHLANDERS:
Kurt Baker, Josh Bekhuis, Jimmy Cowan, Nick Crosswell, Elliot Dixon, Tamati Ellison, Ma'afu Fia, Hosea Gear, John Hardie, James Haskell, Jarrad Hoeata, Andrew Hore, Chris King, Kendrick Lynn, Jamie Mackintosh, Nasi Manu, Bronson Murray, Chris Noakes, Siale Piutau, Kade Poki, Culum Retallick, Jason Rutledge, Colin Slade, Aaron Smith, Ben Smith, Lima Sopoaga, Adam Thomson, Doug Tietjens, Shaun Treeby, Telusa Veainu
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:28     #5
DeskJet

Hurricanes and Highlanders look a little weak on paper IMO. Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues
Old 3rd November 2011, 06:34     #6
Heresy
yawn.

Blues look like they should rip this year, need a new coach but. Weepu and Nonu are going to add so much, Nonu and Wulf and Ranger? Hell yeah. Looking forward to seeing how Anscombe gets on too.

[edit] Although the splitting of Nonu and Smith isn't great for NZ rugby.

Last edited by Heresy : 3rd November 2011 at 06:38.
Old 3rd November 2011, 06:46     #7
pervy

Crusaders need more Whitelock's.
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:44     #8
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Heresy: Blues look pretty good but they look weak at first five which was their big problem before Stephen Brett joined them too. Hobbs and Anscombe are good but they're both really green at this level and Piri can back up there but it's not too convincing overall.

Highlanders look like a superb team!

Next year I reckon the NZ teams will be ranked:
Crusaders
Blues
Highlanders
Chiefs
Hurricanes

Hurricanes will be lucky to avoid the wooden spoon, what a shit team...
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:53     #9
CCS
Stunt Pants

2012 IS THE BLUES YEAR!
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:07     #10
wazza
*flex*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
2012 IS THE BLUES YEAR!
Old 4th November 2011, 13:25     #11
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I really thought 2011 was the Blues year. If they couldn't do it with that squad, not possible.

I think splitting Nonu and Conrad is GREAT for the NZ game, how can it be a bad thing? Our top two midfielders sharing their knowledge around more than one Super Rugby franchise is only going to benefit all the guys around them and make our midfield stocks better.
Old 4th November 2011, 13:39     #12
Deadmeat

Yep, gonna be a hard year supporting the 'canes. Maybe now that Hammett got what he wanted he'll be able to pull the team into something, can't see him being super popular around these parts otherwise. I suppose it does relieve the typical hurricanes stress of barely making it into the finals only to fail badly.

Cheering for the blues when they aren't playing the canes due to weepu/nonu.
Old 4th November 2011, 13:59     #13
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

At least the weight of expectation won't be on the Hurricanes, they can finally carry the underdog tag and play like they have nothing to lose.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:28     #14
PhX

What up with the TAB? habit i guess
Old 4th November 2011, 14:29     #15
PhX

Thats for NZ winner fyi
Old 4th November 2011, 15:39     #16
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/590...some-slip-away

Quote:
Sure, coaches are entitled to their views, and should be free to pick the men they believe will get the job done. It's their heads on the block.

But to believe that Bourke doesn't rate among the best dozen No 8s in this country is frankly to suspend belief.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:36     #17
reac
Min Sicker Reac

I'd have to agree with that article. That injury he got with the Barbarians really fucked things up for him.

I thought he had made the choice to go offshore of his own free will and was sad to see him go, but to hear that he has basically had it forced on him makes it even worse.
Old 6th November 2011, 04:24     #18
Heresy
yawn.

hang on, what

Quote:
HIGHLANDERS:
James Haskell
Old 7th November 2011, 10:33     #19
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Yeah, Haskell gets picked over Bourke. That is rubbish really.
Old 12th February 2012, 17:54     #20
Deadmeat

Just looks wrong in blue :/
Old 14th February 2012, 17:31     #21
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

got teh reminder email from jimungo re virtual super rugby... just don't know if I can be bothered.... I mean Hurries (who I will still support. The team that is, not their coach) have got a difficult draw to start off with (we never travel well at the best of times), so by the time they get back to Wellington they might have 3 points on teh board

/rant over
Old 17th February 2012, 09:54     #22
Macca@Work

Is Mark Hamfist in charge of the 'canes again?If so..good luck.
Old 19th February 2012, 10:27     #23
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

yeah
Old 19th February 2012, 18:44     #24
PhX

They might black sheep it, I say put $100 on them to win nz conference

Re virtual, which one are we all going hard on?
Old 20th February 2012, 12:39     #25
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

skysport.co.nz is the winner, its the official one and you can make your picks up until an hour before each match, great if you forget friday night
Old 20th February 2012, 20:14     #26
_Incubus_

The chiefs are paying $2.20 in the Aussie TAB to finish top 6...profit!
Old 21st February 2012, 08:49     #27
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Top 6, not bad! I imagine the Blues and Highlanders are under $2? I'd be keen to punt on the Highlanders Top 6 if it was around $3.50
Old 21st February 2012, 19:28     #28
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

skysport seems to be the one radio station brekkie shows get behind...

oh well, I'll give it a go...... I'll just aim to beat MrSD in at least one round, and I'll be happy
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:06     #29
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Wanna create the League Rincey? No fucking way you're beating me. You know why? I won't be picking the Hurricanes to win any games and I'm preeeeeeeetty sure you will
Old 24th February 2012, 15:47     #30
fixed_truth

skysport.co.nz it is then.

C'mon the highlanders.
Old 24th February 2012, 18:52     #31
Deadmeat

What's the name of the league?
Old 27th February 2012, 09:50     #32
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

League name "NZGAMES"

Let me know if I've fucked anything up....

130 points for the weekend - 4 exactly right, 1 wrong margin, and 2 just plain wrong
Old 27th February 2012, 15:32     #33
Griven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Wanna create the League Rincey? No fucking way you're beating me. You know why? I won't be picking the Hurricanes to win any games and I'm preeeeeeeetty sure you will

Pretty sure the same could be said for the Chiefs. This weekends game was the final straw, new coaching staff plus new players but the same no balls forward pack and headless chicken game plan. Enough is enough add to this the way they treated Colin and personally I'm now supporting the Blues instead.

Provincial loyalties will still lie with the mighty Steamers but this rabble can KMA.
Old 27th February 2012, 21:46     #34
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

oh, they aren't giving ridiculous number of points for a correct pick, etc...

Now 37 points for the weekend...

No-one else in the league yet, wait... there is... who is it? Nez.... what did Nez get? 29 points...

right. close it down, I'm happy. goal #1 achieved!!!

yeah yeah yeah - early days and all that
Old 27th February 2012, 21:56     #35
Deadmeat

Yea I could have sworn I had some insane number of points, gone now. I clicked to join the league several hours ago, are skys tubes full?

edit: movedtonewthread
Old 5th March 2012, 08:30     #36
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

I'm Nez. How's that Blues team doing so far Griven?
Old 5th March 2012, 10:09     #37
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

didn't get ANY of the New Zealand games right
Didn't back my beloved Hurricanes. Didn't back the injury-ridden Chiefs, and didn't back the previously-woeful Highlanders

*sigh*
Old 5th March 2012, 19:23     #38
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
League name "NZGAMES"
League PIN?
Old 8th March 2012, 13:41     #39
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Fucking awful interface, but found it eventually: 87848319
Old 9th March 2012, 16:09     #40