StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
insurance.aes256
This.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:56     #42
Lightspeed

So what's the deal with that? Is it an encrypted file that if Assange dies or goes missing a lawyer releases the key or something like that?
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:09     #43
CCS
Stunt Pants

Someone has been living under a rock.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:52     #44
Lightspeed

You have to wonder, on the charge of rape, if there's not enough evidence to charge a person without their testimony, how likely will you get a conviction with their testimony?

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...111289324.html
Old 4th December 2010, 14:12     #45
JP

They're having trouble even charging him with rape, since it was actually consenual unprotected sex. Only rape because of how the law works in Sweden, but it's still a stretch which is why they charged him/dropped charges before.

Hundreds of thousands of people dead over lies, but the media wants to focus on some guy blowing his load in a chick instead of pulling out.
Old 4th December 2010, 15:46     #46
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Hundreds of thousands of people dead over lies, but the media wants to focus on some guy blowing his load in a chick instead of pulling out.
It's like NZG's obsession with Warrick.
Old 4th December 2010, 17:02     #47
Lightspeed

Here's an interesting collection of cables that have been leaked:
http://wikileaks.foreignpolicy.com/
Old 5th December 2010, 11:01     #48
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Has Assange been revealed as a paedophile yet?
Old 5th December 2010, 12:33     #49
zeekiorage

Old 5th December 2010, 13:48     #50
Lightspeed

Apparently PayPal thinks journalism is an illegal activity.

PayPal cuts Wikileaks access for donations
Old 5th December 2010, 17:25     #51
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Apparently PayPal thinks journalism is an illegal activity.

PayPal cuts Wikileaks access for donations
I don't know about journalism but in America patriotism is defined as blindly supporting the government, anyone who doesn't is a traitor.
Old 5th December 2010, 18:00     #52
lektronimo

If wikileaks were to really want to fuck up America in the Middle East, they'd release all the Israel/US dealings in documents.
Old 5th December 2010, 21:47     #53
xpandnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
If wikileaks were to really want to fuck up America in the Middle East, they'd release all the Israel/US dealings in documents.
Fucking right. Time people knew about this.
Old 5th December 2010, 21:51     #54
MaZeR

They are releasing in phases (I think) to edit/remove source data. UFO's up next?
Old 5th December 2010, 22:04     #55
lektronimo

Nah BP and big oil companies apparently. Although I don't think many Americans could hate BP any more than they already do.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:17     #56
blur^

hmm way to make NZ a target

seen todays leak about the southern cross cable being critical infrastructure for the US? way to tell the rest of the world there is an easy target to blow up down here

if someone kills my internets, not gonna be happy
Old 6th December 2010, 13:59     #57
CCS
Stunt Pants

WE'RE DOOMED!
Old 6th December 2010, 15:35     #58
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Now that contact with the enemy has been made – the state with all its powers – it has become clear where Wikileaks has been found wanting. Wikileaks needs a distributed network of servers that are too broad and too diffuse to be attacked. Wikileaks needs an alternative to the Domain Name Service. And Wikileaks needs a funding mechanism which can not be choked off by the actions of any other actor.

We’ve been here before. This is 1999, the company is Napster, and the angry party is the recording industry. It took them a while to strangle the beast, but they did finally manage to choke all the life out of it – for all the good it did them. Within days after the death of Napster, Gnutella came around, and righted all the wrongs of Napster: decentralized where Napster was centralized; pervasive and increasingly invisible. Gnutella created the ‘darknet’ for filesharing which has permanently crippled the recording and film industries. The failure of Napster was the blueprint for Gnutella.

In exactly the same way – note for note – the failures of Wikileaks provide the blueprint for the systems which will follow it, and which will permanently leave the state and its actors neutered. Assange must know this – a teenage hacker would understand the lesson of Napster. Assange knows that someone had to get out in front and fail, before others could come along and succeed. We’re learning now, and to learn means to try and fail and try again.

This failure comes with a high cost. It’s likely that the Americans will eventually get their hands on Assange – a compliant Australian government has already made it clear that it will do nothing to thwart or even slow that request – and he’ll be charged with espionage, likely convicted, and sent to a US Federal Prison for many, many years. Assange gets to be the scapegoat, the pinup boy for a new kind of anarchism. But what he’s done can not be undone; this tear in the body politic will never truly heal.
http://blog.futurestreetconsulting.com/?p=446
Old 6th December 2010, 18:06     #59
zeekiorage

Has anyone around here donated to WikiLeaks? The thought has crossed by mind but it seems like a surefire way to get on to international terrorist watch lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Like Tor or Freenet networks? From an indexing and visibility point of vew, the Web is far more convenient though.
Old 6th December 2010, 19:02     #60
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

For publishing, yes, but for content distribution and redundancy it appears Wikileaks is using public-key ssh+rsync.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:16     #61
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
Has anyone around here donated to WikiLeaks? The thought has crossed by mind but it seems like a surefire way to get on to international terrorist watch lists.
Shyeah, I'm sure the US government is highly interested in knowing who sent $5 to wikileaks.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:38     #62
zeekiorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Shyeah, I'm sure the US government is highly interested in knowing who sent $5 to wikileaks.
Why not? If you are donating then you are in that .0001 % of the population and higher up the hippy/crazy/liberal/communist list. Next time you enter the country: BAM, they throw you in jail - no charges no trial. Besides I was thinking about donating $5.99.

I kid. You are probably right.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:50     #63
StN
I have detailed files

That's as crazy as saying that there are people in Gitmo because they have a certain model Casio watch...

Or that the GCSB is now allowed to infiltrate your PC and sniff your cache for fun.

Last edited by StN : 6th December 2010 at 21:51.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:59     #64
zeekiorage

I'm degaussing my hard disk and putting my G-Shock in the Blendtec right this moment.
Old 6th December 2010, 22:13     #65
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiorage
Why not? If you are donating then you are in that .0001 % of the population and higher up the hippy/crazy/liberal/communist list. Next time you enter the country: BAM, they throw you in jail - no charges no trial. Besides I was thinking about donating $5.99.
You forgot the part where the TSA fingers your bumhole. That alone is worth the $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
That's as crazy as saying that there are people in Gitmo because they have a certain model Casio watch...
Hush now :P
Old 6th December 2010, 23:55     #66
Lightspeed

NZ should offer Assange asylum. If only to stick it to the Aussies and Yanks.
Old 7th December 2010, 01:35     #67
Redneck

Latest leaked cable: "John Key called Obama a 'Faggot' "
Old 7th December 2010, 08:27     #68
StN
I have detailed files

Interesting that the Swedish Pirate Party has aligned themselves with Wikileaks. It's only a matter of time before the US declares that anyone who has installed a bittorrent client is a terrorist...
Old 7th December 2010, 19:06     #69
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Best summary yet.

http://zunguzungu.wordpress.com/2010...ment%E2%80%9D/
Old 7th December 2010, 19:32     #70
Lightspeed

Brilliant. I hope it works.
Old 7th December 2010, 20:58     #71
chiQ
Frag-muff

Worth a gander

http://www.shirky.com/weblog/2010/12...the-long-haul/
Old 7th December 2010, 23:44     #72
Lightspeed

I think he's missing the point a little. Wikileaks doesn't promote pure transparency from what I can tell, rather it promotes the use of transparency via "leaks" as a braking effect on the "conspiracies" of government and big business.

Anyways, he's been arrested now, so things are heating up!
Old 8th December 2010, 17:18     #73

is this the beginning of a massive cyberwar? some interesting things going on
Old 8th December 2010, 19:05     #74
StN
I have detailed files

Has he gained enough credibility to move onto to ET disclosure? Or are the PTB using him to further muddy what is known and what is unknown? Does he think he is Mulder?
Old 8th December 2010, 20:01     #75
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
ET disclosure
that would be fucking amazing if evidence of relations with other intellegence outside earth was hidden in the insurance file
Old 8th December 2010, 20:18     #76
Lightspeed

I really don't think that's the case...
Old 8th December 2010, 20:27     #77
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Visa and Mastercard today announced they would no longer process donations to Wikileaks.

Still happy to do so for the KKK though.
Old 8th December 2010, 23:14     #78
doppelgänger of someone

Kevin Rudd finally shows some backbone and states the bleeding obvious: "Mr Assange is not himself responsible for the unauthorised release of 250,000 documents from the US diplomatic communications network. The Americans are responsible for that."
Old 8th December 2010, 23:34     #79
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Visa and Mastercard today announced they would no longer process donations to Wikileaks.

Still happy to do so for the KKK though.
Fucking weak. Fancy that, a financial organisation suddenly developing a conscience. But only in this particular instance.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:55     #80
crocos

Anonymous' pro-wikileaks interview with one of The Economist's bloggers:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/babba...more_wikileaks

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية