Originally Posted by Deadmeat
BBC Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently Dec 16, 2010 XviD

It's pretty good, hope they make more.
What what whattttt??

/pootles off to the garage...
Old 3rd January 2011, 19:13     #3803
StN
I have detailed files

Hmm - for a Pilot it was good. But using most of the plot points from one book to establish a character may make it a little thin later on, unless they can channel Douglas. It's been years since I read the first two - and only the 0.5 recently.
Old 5th January 2011, 04:17     #3804
Lord Pidgington

Admittedly a major necro summon right here, but the final episode of An Idiot Abroad (S01E08) was frikkin hilarious, and made up for what was an otherwise average series (given the pre-expectations I had surrounding the concept).

Also answers some of the common questions (Karl being an actor, and accusations of Ricky and Steve emotionally bullying him).

p.s: Peep Show rules, and is thoroughly recommended for the socially inept on this board (although may be too close to home?).
Old 5th January 2011, 06:44     #3805
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pidgington
Admittedly a major necro summon right here, but the final episode of An Idiot Abroad (S01E08) was frikkin hilarious, and made up for what was an otherwise average series (given the pre-expectations I had surrounding the concept).

Also answers some of the common questions (Karl being an actor, and accusations of Ricky and Steve emotionally bullying him).

p.s: Peep Show rules, and is thoroughly recommended for the socially inept on this board (although may be too close to home?).
Ricky Gervais laughs a bit too hard in that show eh, find it quite annoying. It's like STFU you tubby bitch.

Did quite enjoy the series though.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:56     #3806
wazza
*flex*

I saw a few weeks ago via MTV.com (Thanks Pep's!)

Jersey Shore S3 kicks off this Friday

here's a taste of what you can expect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2kxNa2adA

such a fucking baller show, can't get enough!
Old 5th January 2011, 20:48     #3807
wazza
*flex*

V S02E01
;>
Old 9th January 2011, 00:55     #3808
Lord Pidgington

Thumbs up

Chewing through season one of Archer and loving it.

Can't wait for season 2 in 2011.
Old 9th January 2011, 08:12     #3809
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

http://www.atvnewsnetwork.co.uk/toda...gs-for-sky-one

Mad Dogs
New drama from John Simm and Philip Glenister

ctrl-c/v from the link above for the terminally lazy:
Quote:
Sky1 HD today announced MAD DOGS, a new four-part drama serial for transmission in Spring 2011. Written by Cris Cole and produced by BAFTA award winning production company Left Bank Pictures (Wallander, Strike Back), the ensemble piece brings together a stellar line up of British talent both on and off screen with Max Beesley, Philip Glenister, John Simm and Marc Warren taking up the four principal roles. MAD DOGS was commissioned by Elaine Pyke, Head of Drama, Sky1HD, Sky1 Sky2 and Sky3.

MAD DOGS centres around the reunion of a group of old friends. Woody (Beesley), Quinn (Glenister), Baxter (Simm) and Rick (Warren) have been mates since sixth form. The fifth member of the gang, Alvo, lives in Majorca, having made his fortune in property. Now in their 40s; a mix of single, married and divorced; they’ve been invited out to Alvo’s villa to celebrate his retirement. However, their trip does not work out as planned and takes a dark turn when the holiday becomes a labyrinthine nightmare of lies, deception and murder. MAD DOGS is a darkly comic twisted tale of friendship put to the ultimate test as an inconceivable chain of events unfolds. Four ordinary blokes faced with a set of extraordinary circumstances and not handling it!
Could be hard to watch without constantly thinking Sam Tyler/Gene Hunt though
Old 9th January 2011, 17:19     #3810
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
New drama from John Simm and Philip Glenister
squeeeeeeeeel. This might fill the gap before more Misfits, or something else actually good.
Old 9th January 2011, 21:41     #3811
?>Superman

Anyone who hasn't seen Misfits yet should watch it :D, it's damn good.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:45     #3812
drac0s

so whats are people watching at the moment? seems to be one of those no shows to watch period, which probably just means don't know something has started up again.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:47     #3813
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Just watched Jersey Shore S03E01. Looks like another awesome season full of the dramz, right Wazza?!
Old 9th January 2011, 23:39     #3814
Sanchez

JS s03e01 was awesome!

Watching Community at the moment, quite enjoying it.
Old 10th January 2011, 07:10     #3815
?>Superman

Been watching X-Files from s1 right through to the end, up to s8 now and starting to realise how awesome David Duchovny was as Mulder, especially now that he only appears now & then.

Loved the early seasons heaps.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:05     #3816
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
Just watched Jersey Shore S03E01. Looks like another awesome season full of the dramz, right Wazza?!
omgosh YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really like Snookie and her mate is as slag as it gets. I just wanna see some more action from MVP, oh and Ronnie ;> the girls are yawn as.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:54     #3817
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac0s
so whats are people watching at the moment? seems to be one of those no shows to watch period, which probably just means don't know something has started up again.
Nothing really (gf cracks up at Come Fly With Me from the Little Britain guys but I don't find it that amusing..).
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena prequel starts up on the 21st though. Should be good.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:26     #3818
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
omgosh YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't really like Snookie and her mate is as slag as it gets. I just wanna see some more action from MVP, oh and Ronnie ;> the girls are yawn as.
I was surprised at Snooki getting all sulky on poor Vinnie. Also, not sure how the MVP action will work out with Mike having to share a room with those other two..

Lookin' forward to T-Shirt Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
Old 10th January 2011, 09:28     #3819
leadinjector

Quote:
ive never watched jersey shore before, i may have to go back and watch the first couple of seasons though cos nothing made me lol that hard in fucking ages.

-snooki is like the epitome of a girl you would fuck because she has big ole titties and lots of back and probably gets buck wild but my god, why would you ever want to get involved. her friend is just an ugly little troll though.

-the gorilla dude seems like a bit of a bitch to me, if someone attacked my gf like that Jwoww girl did right at the end i would at least stop them, girl or not. he didnt do shit!

-these girls actually seem to know how to throw a punch with a straight wrist, makes you wonder how often they get into it

mike is hilarious
Old 10th January 2011, 09:28     #3820
leadinjector

weak ass double post
Old 10th January 2011, 10:56     #3821
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

You definitely have to go back and watch the last couple of seasons.. you'll see the whole history of their relationships, and why it's so fucked up now. Totally awesome.
Old 10th January 2011, 11:42     #3822
Lightspeed

Angry talking

No, nooooooo! That's exactly why you don't go back and watch it!
Old 10th January 2011, 12:03     #3823
blur^

sammi's feint was awesome
but jenni lays the wood

chicks fights AWWW YEAH cabs are here
Old 10th January 2011, 13:49     #3824
[WanG] Wandarah

if you fucking go back and watch two seasons of jersey shore, your next step should then be to kill yourself.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:19     #3825
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Been watching X-Files from s1 right through to the end, up to s8 now and starting to realise how awesome David Duchovny was as Mulder, especially now that he only appears now & then.

Loved the early seasons heaps.
Yeah I've been doing the same too man, loving it. Just about to start S7 and not looking forward to when David D leaves at the end. Gotter rely on Scully to carry me through the last 2 seasons without him.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:53     #3826
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
if you fucking go back and watch two seasons of jersey shore, your next step should then be to kill yourself.
i just watched the first 3 episodes,

what i dont understand is that if you are dating someone who dresses like a whore, talks like a whore, and acts like a whore after a couple of drinks, how can you be surprised if she turns out to be one?
Old 10th January 2011, 17:59     #3827
GM

Is anyone watching The Cape, is it good / bad / thoughts?
Old 10th January 2011, 18:37     #3828
wazza
*flex*

Thumbs up

Quote:
You definitely have to go back and watch the last couple of seasons.. you'll see the whole history of their relationships, and why it's so fucked up now. Totally awesome.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10th January 2011, 20:26     #3829
IceFox

Did anyone else miss the last eps of californication? I just watched the latest ep and was thinking to myself "wtf i dont remember this"
Old 10th January 2011, 20:30     #3830
wazza
*flex*

nope. everything is as linear as it's always been. what part/bit had ya stumped, bra?
Old 10th January 2011, 20:52     #3831
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFox
Did anyone else miss the last eps of californication? I just watched the latest ep and was thinking to myself "wtf i dont remember this"
Huh? SE04 EP1 pretty much recapped it...and EP2 was fuck'n LOL!
Old 10th January 2011, 21:16     #3832
wazza
*flex*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
Huh? SE04 EP1 pretty much recapped it...and EP2 was fuck'n LOL!
Old 11th January 2011, 17:14     #3833
IceFox

Quote:
nope. everything is as linear as it's always been. what part/bit had ya stumped, bra?
It was the dude that was bleeding hardout, made me go WTF IS THIS?!!? Turns out I missed 2 eps lolz! Have obtained last 2 eps of last season and now all is well thanks bra =D!
Old 11th January 2011, 18:31     #3834
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
Yeah I've been doing the same too man, loving it. Just about to start S7 and not looking forward to when David D leaves at the end. Gotter rely on Scully to carry me through the last 2 seasons without him.
Also reminded me how hot Gillian Anderson is. Fuck it was buzzy when I first saw an interview of her and she was busting out her British accent.
Old 11th January 2011, 20:55     #3835
aR Que

Quote:
Definitely a fan of The Inbetweeners .
+1.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:02     #3836
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
Also reminded me how hot Gillian Anderson is. Fuck it was buzzy when I first saw an interview of her and she was busting out her British accent.
And to think they almost didn't pick her because they thought she was too plain. Or so I read.
Old 11th January 2011, 23:13     #3837
Deadmeat

Community http://www.tv.com/community/show/76841/summary.html
Pretty funny, quite genre aware and all the better for it.

Luther http://www.tv.com/luther/show/77922/summary.html
6 ep detective story. Entertaining and a good ending.

No Heroics http://www.tv.com/no-heroics-uk/show/76112/summary.html
Set in the local pub for superheros off the clock. Comedy about superheros bitching about their day.

Shameless http://www.tv.com/shameless-uk/show/22545/summary.html
I've only watched the first ep so I don't know what to make of this one yet. Sort of has the feel that they try to be edgy for the sake of it.

Hustle has started back up.
Old 12th January 2011, 22:55     #3838
IceFox

Check our shameless if no one has yet, new show, really good first ep. Also, added bonus.... TITTIES!

Edit: Fucking deadmeat beat me to it.
Old 12th January 2011, 23:03     #3839
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Just caught up on the first 2 eps of Californication S4. Man, how could you not like Hank Moody?
Old 12th January 2011, 23:08     #3840
ZoSo

WTF didn't anyone mention there was a 'The One Ronnie' special in Dec. Grabbing that shit asap.